M, b. May 4, 1880, d. January 26, 1954
- Birth: John Funk was born on May 4, 1880.
- Death: He died on January 26, 1954, at age 73, in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1905
- Birth: Mabel Franson was born circa 1905.
Sadie Grace Price
F, b. October 2, 1900, d. March 27, 1982
Family: Leo Huybers (b. December 19, 1900, d. September 4, 1982)
- Birth: Sadie Grace Price was born on October 2, 1900 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Leo Huybers were married on July 28, 1945.
- Death: Sadie Grace Price died on March 27, 1982, at age 81, in Port Washington, Ozaukee Co, Wisconsin.
Clarence Peter Bretl
M, b. April 5, 1897, d. January 25, 1983
- Birth: Clarence Peter Bretl was born on April 5, 1897 in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 25, 1983, at age 85, in King, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
Norbert George Popp
M, b. June 20, 1937, d. July 24, 2011
- Birth: Norbert George Popp was born on June 20, 1937 in Birnamwood, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 11, 1958 in St Joseph Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 24, 2011, at age 74, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Norbert Popp, age 74, passed away on Sunday, July 24, 2011, at Vallhaven Care Center in Neenah. Norb was born in Birnamwood on June 20, 1937, son of the late George and Margaret (Hoersch) Popp. When he was still a child, the family moved to Appleton and Norb has lived here since. He was a 1955 graduate of Appleton West High School, and on October 11, 1958 married Donna Mauthe, also from Appleton. For almost forty years, Norb worked for Zaug's Vending, retiring in 1999 as a supervisor. In his retirement, he worked part time as a jewelry courier for King and Company. Norb enjoyed fishing, Packer games, Brewer games, and travel. For over twenty years he helped manage food service at the EAA in Oshkosh. Many will recall his perfect lawn and landscape, and how he enjoyed manicuring his yard. Some even know about the time he vacuumed around the foundation of the house!
He is survived by his loving wife: Donna Popp of Neenah; three children: Kathy (Pat) Gambsky of Fremont; Gregg (Jolene) Popp of Appleton; and Corey (Deanna) Popp of Neenah; eight grandchildren: Cassie Gambsky, Blake Gambsky, Chase Popp, Scott (Sarah) Mahloch, Ryan (Kristina) Mahloch, Jerzey Popp, Jetta Popp, and Jensen Popp; two great grandchildren, Brayden and Maddie; and a sister: Dolores Rusch of Appleton. Norb is further survived by Donna's three sisters: Beverly (Pat) McKeen of Illinois, and Barbara and Margaret Mauthe, both of Appleton; as well as by many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
He was preceded in death by a brother-in-law Melvin Rusch, and by several of Donna's brothers and sisters. The Funeral Liturgy for Norb will be at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, July 28, 2011, at ST. JOSEPH CATHOLIC CHURCH, 410 W. Lawrence Street, Appleton, with Fr. David J. Funk, OFM CAP. officiating. Friends may call directly at the church on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of services. Entombment will be in Highland Memorial Park.
The family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the staffs at Vallhaven Care Center and ThedaCare Hospice for their loving care, and the many friends who visited Norb while at Vallhaven, especially Jerry Endries.
537 N. Superior Street
Everyone who has
is an individual and
has the right to dignity
and the best
quality of life
We can give them
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from July 26 to July 27, 2011.