Edward J Salm
M, b. January 22, 1944, d. December 15, 2001
- Birth: Edward J Salm was born on January 22, 1944 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on February 24, 1968 in St Thomas More Church, Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 15, 2001, at age 57.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Janice A Wiesner
Family: Edward J Salm (b. January 22, 1944, d. December 15, 2001)
Martin M Salm
M, b. April 2, 1909, d. April 4, 2000
- Birth: Martin M Salm was born on April 2, 1909 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Dunsirn were married on November 23, 1935 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Martin M Salm died on April 4, 2000, at age 91.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Viola M Salm
F, b. August 9, 1915, d. October 7, 1999
- Birth: Viola M Salm was born on August 9, 1915.
- Death: She died on October 7, 1999, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Willard N Calmes
M, b. August 24, 1915, d. January 10, 1997
Family: Viola M Salm (b. August 9, 1915, d. October 7, 1999)
- Birth: Willard N Calmes was born on August 24, 1915.
- Death: He died on January 10, 1997, at age 81.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Helen T Salm
F, b. May 7, 1935, d. June 28, 1987
- Birth: Helen T Salm was born on May 7, 1935.
- Death: She died on June 28, 1987, at age 52, in Thousand Oaks, Ventura Co, California.
Richard P Huss
M, b. December 18, 1948, d. June 23, 2016
- Birth: Richard P Huss was born on December 18, 1948.
- Death: He died on June 23, 2016, at age 67.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Richard "Dick" Huss was called home to the Lord on Thursday, June 23, 2016, with the people most precious to him, his family, by his side. He was born on December 18, 1948, son of the late Cy and Marge (Benzschawel) Huss. Dick married Mary B. Vandenberg on June 2, 1984.
Dick was recognized for his many accomplishments in sports by being elected to the Kaukauna High School hall of fame. His lifelong pleasures were hunting and fishing, which he passed on to his younger brothers and sons. Dick's greatest joys were the many hours he spent with family and friends at his cottage on Chute Pond. He was employed at Thilmany for over forty years. If you didn't see much of Dick in the month of December years ago, he loved to wear a red suit, a white beard and put big smiles on lots of little ones faces.
Dick is survived by his wife of 32 years, Mary; sons: Dan (Chelsey), Adam (Katie) and Tim (Ashley) Huss; brothers: Gene (Mary), Joe (Peggy) and John (Peggy) Huss; sisters: Judy (Clarence) Ver Bockel, Janice (Mark) Mc Morrow and Carol (Billy Whitley) Schiltz; mother-in-law, Lucy Vandenberg; brothers and sisters-in-law: Tom Dreger, Gary (Betty), Wayne (Rhonda), and Ward (friend Dawn) Vandenberg, Janet (Rick) LePak, Nancy (Ron) Anderson, Paula (Hank) Garner, Bob Meyer and Bob Merrill; and many special nieces, nephews, aunts and cousins.
Dick was preceded in death by his parents, Cy and Marge; sister, Diane Dreger, Grandparents: Peter and Dorothy Benzschawel and Peter and Henrietta Huss; father-in-law, Paul Vandenberg; sisters-in-law: Betty Meyer, Linda Fuerst and Jeanne Vandenberg.
Funeral services will be at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016, at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street, Kaukauna. Visitation will be held on Tuesday evening at the Verkuilen-Van Deurzen Family Funeral Home Freedom Location, N3972 Columbia Ave., Freedom, from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Visitation will continue Wednesday morning directly at the church from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the Mass. Interment will be in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Dick's name. For online condolences, please visit www.verkuilenfh.com.
The Huss family would like to thank the staff at the St. Elizabeth Cancer Center for all of their compassionate care.
Dick's brothers and sisters would like to thank Mary and the boys for the wonderful care they gave him during his illness.
Mary Beth Vandenberg
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Diane M Huss
F, b. November 18, 1956, d. May 19, 2016
- Birth: Diane M Huss was born on November 18, 1956.
- Death: She died on May 19, 2016, at age 59.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Dreger, Diane M. (Huss)
Diane M. Dreger was called home to the Lord on Thursday, May 19, 2016 with her family by her side.
Wife of Tom Dreger for 38 years; Mother of Michelle (Rudy) Fuss, Jason Dreger, Justin "Bubba" (Elysabeth) Dreger; Grandmother of Cooper and Owen Fuss, Jackson, Ryne, and Zoie Dreger, Brookelyn and Coleman Dreger; She was the fifth of eight children of Cy and Marge Huss; Sister to Gene (Mary) Huss, Dick (Mary) Huss, Judy (Clarence) VerBockel, Janice (Mark) McMorrow, Carol (Billy) Whitley Schiltz, Joe (Peggy) Huss and John (Peggy) Huss. She is also survived by brothers and sisters-in-law: Jerome (Sharon) Dreger, Vonnie (Len) Debroux, Diane (Bob) Gerrits; and many special nieces, nephews, aunts, and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents Cy and Marge Huss, and her father and mother in law Jerome and Mildred Dreger.
Visitation will be at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 309 Desnoyer Street, Kaukauna, on Monday, May 23, 2016, from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. with prayer service at 8:00 p.m. Visitation will resume Tuesday, May 24, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. until the time of Mass at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery. For online condolences, please visit www.verkuilenfh.com.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
Those words without a doubt describe Diane and the life she lead. The lessons she learned growing up in a large family served her well in life. Not that they were all perfect, but few could rival her strong will. Just as many could attest to her work ethic, generosity and positive attitude. As a mother of three she managed the household while maintaining a full-time job as a beautician. After cutting back on hours at a salon, she took on child care at home. Always mindful of family needs and wants, constantly putting them first. When faced with cancer, one of life's greatest challenges, her faith and life values were her support system. Never were the words "why me" heard coming from Diane. As usual, her only thoughts were about others. The example she set while enduring this terrible disease speaks volumes of the kind of person we were fortune enough to have for wife, mother, sister, relative or friend.
The family would like to thank Dr. William Guenther, Jennifer Giebel APNP, Nancy Gudex APNP, and all of the staff at Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology as well at the staff on the 7th Floor at Thedacare Regional Medical Center Appleton, and Thedacare at Home for their compassionate care.
Your presence we will miss, Your memories we will treasure, Forgetting you never.
This is not good bye but rather see you again!
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from May 20 to May 22, 2016.
Thomas L Dreger
Family: Diane M Huss (b. November 18, 1956, d. May 19, 2016)
Steven J Schiltz