M, b. October 27, 1811
Family: Antonet Jagers (b. October 6, 1815, d. May 5, 1878)
- Maria VanDijk (b. October 25, 1841, d. February 21, 1902)
- Johannes VanDijk (b. January 16, 1844)
- Theodorus VanDijk (b. May 19, 1847, d. before 1855)
- Hendricus VanDijk (b. July 16, 1850, d. April 4, 1829)
- Theodorus VanDijk (b. February 7, 1854, d. October 23, 1922)
- Anna Maria VanDijk (b. August 20, 1857)
- Johannes VanDijk (b. June 22, 1861)
- Birth: Cornelus VanDijk was born on October 27, 1811 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Antonet Jagers were married on September 26, 1840 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Martin W Ziepke
M, b. January 11, 1940, d. September 8, 2008
- Birth: Martin W Ziepke was born on January 11, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 8, 2008, at age 68, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 10, 2008
Ziepke, Martin W. "Marty"
Martin W. Ziepke "Marty," Little Chute, age 68, died Monday September 8, 2008, at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Marty was born January 11, 1940, in Appleton, son of the late Maxwell and Marie (Zick) Ziepke. On December 17, 1977, he was united in marriage to Suzanne M. Sarrasin in Appleton. He was an avid bowler and loved to hunt and go camping. Marty had been employed for many years by General Electric until his retirement. After his retirement he drove the Courtesy Van for Saturn.
Marty is survived by his wife, Suzanne "Suzie," two sons and a daughter-in-law: Mark (special friend Trina), Combined Locks and Jon (Marcy), Neenah; two daughters and sons-in-law: Tammy (Greg) Johnson, Appleton and Kristi (Jay) Tursky, Wrightstown, a stepson, Tim Coenen (special friend Kathy), New London; two step daughters: Brenda Coenen (special friend Rob) Little Chute and Shelli Bessett, Kimberly, 20 grandchildren: Joshua, Samantha, Amanda, Ashley, Adam, Alexandra, Jennifer, Justin, Jessica, Zachary, Elizabeth, Evan, Kia, Matthew, Bradley, Tim Jr., Tyler, Halie, Nicholas, and Logan; two great-granddaughters: Paige and Alecia, his mother-in-law, Ramona Bricco, a brother, Montel (Linda) Ziepke and a sister, Marita (Charles) Niemuth. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Marty was preceded in death by his parents and in-laws.
Funeral Services for Marty will be at 6 p.m. on Friday, September 12, 2008, at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Dr., Kaukauna, with visitation from 3 p.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial is being established in his name. 920-766-2099.
Martha Elizabeth Mills
F, b. September 12, 1851, d. March 25, 1933
- Birth: Martha Elizabeth Mills was born on September 12, 1851 in Rensselaer, Rensselaer Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Alexander McKenna were married on June 12, 1870 in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Martha Elizabeth Mills died on March 25, 1933, at age 81, in Angelica, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. November 21, 1848, d. September 18, 1921
- Birth: Alexander McKenna was born on November 21, 1848 in Québec, Canada.
- Marriage: He and Martha Elizabeth Mills were married on June 12, 1870 in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Alexander McKenna died on September 18, 1921, at age 72, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
Norman Davis Ellefson
M, b. December 12, 1922, d. September 22, 2017
- Birth: Norman Davis Ellefson was born on December 12, 1922.
- Marriage: He and Regina Vandehey were married on March 21, 1943 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Norman Davis Ellefson died on September 22, 2017, at age 94.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ellefson, Norman Davis
Norman D. Ellefson, 94, passed away on Friday, September 22, 2017. Norman was born on December 12, 1922 to James E. "Ed" and Myrtle Mae (Law) Ellefson, New London.
Dad had a very full life, and accomplished many things. He was resourceful, always worked hard, had a joke for every situation, and was loved by everyone who met him.
Dad proudly graduated from Appleton High School (West) in 1940, but never stopped learning. Dad met Mom, Regina C. Ann Vande Hei, Kaukauna, on New Years Eve, 1943, as she was hitch-hiking with her sister to the Cinderella Ballroom, Menasha. They danced, rang in the New Year, and were married 3 months later on March 21, 1943.
They moved to Milwaukee where dad was a leather glove cutter and later made leather helmets for WWII soldiers. During the depression he bought a 1936 Harley Davidson, Knucklehead motorcycle. Dad, mom and their baby girl, Sharon, rode from Milwaukee to Appleton every weekend to visit family. Dad made Sharon's leather helmet.
From 1946 to 1955 they owned and operated Appleton Camera Supply on Wisconsin Avenue, Appleton. Dad was asked to shoot photos for weddings, parades, portraits and businesses throughout his life. Norman delighted in taking pictures of his family and did so while learning how to use the many cameras and types of films they sold.
In 1960, they owned and operated 'Reggies' restaurant in Little Chute.
After that dad worked in 'sales' at Wichman's Furniture, Pranges in Oshkosh, he managed Novak Appliance, Appleton, and worked at Krueger Appliance in Neenah. Between those jobs, dad was never without work. He was a 'Fuller Brush' man, a 'Yellow Taxi Cab Driver', a 'Repo' man, and worked an office job at GE Supply Company.
In retirement, dad owned and operated 'Norm's Saw Sharpening and Vacuum Repair' in Menasha.
Dad had no prior experience in any of his occupations. He researched and was self-taught, particularly in the field of photography, developing, printing, and coloring photos, 3-D slides, sales, sharpening numerous kinds of blades, and repairing many kinds of vacuums and sewing machines.
Did we say he was resourceful?
Dad enjoyed fellowships and was a member of Appleton Northside Business Association, the Elks, the Odd Fellows Lodge, and the Emmanuel United Methodist Church. His membership led him to make many friends who filled his life with joy. He loved bowling with the Odd Fellows and has many trophys. Mom and dad enjoyed playing golf and liked camping with family and relatives up north. Many people will tell you that he played a great game of pool and was the best at story and joke-telling. He really just enjoyed people and making them smile.
Norm is survived by his daughters, Noreen (Theodore) Jancieski, Freedom and Dawn (Danny) Vollbrecht, Hortonville; his grandchildren Vicki (Jeff) Ashley, Rick Joachim, Stacey (Dan) Radue, and Tim Joachim; his seven great-grand children, Elizabeth and Chris Ashley, Tanner (Adam) Fritz, Alissa (Josh) Koontz, Derrick Joachim, Carley Joachim, and Amber (Travis) Maciejewski; 2 great-great grandchildren, Addison Fritz and Ryan Koontz, and 2 more on the way; his brother, Lloyd Ellefson, and sister, Myrtie Krueger as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Norm was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, Regina, his oldest daughter, Sharon and his son-in-law, Richard Joachim, his infant twin daughters, LaVonne and LaVerne, his brothers, Elven and Edwin, and 3 sisters, Lucille, Dorothy and Bernice.
Friends may call on Thursday, September 28, 2017, from 4:00 to 7:00 P.M. at Wichmanns Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior Street, Appleton.
Funeral services will be held on Friday, September 29, 2017, at Emmanual United Methodist Church, 740 E. College Avenue, Appleton, with a short visitation at 10:00 A.M. and service at 11:00 A.M. with Rev. Ben Morris officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
F, b. August 29, 1943, d. January 18, 2017
- Birth: Sharon Ellefson was born on August 29, 1943 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Richard L Joachim were married on November 26, 1963 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Sharon Ellefson died on January 18, 2017, at age 73, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sharon A. Joachim, age 73, of Neenah passed away at Aurora Medical Center of Oshkosh on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 while surrounded by family. She was born in Milwaukee, WI on August 29, 1943 to Norman and Regina (Vande Hei) Ellefson. Sharon married Richard Joachim November 26, 1963 in Waukegan, IL. They were married 52 years and raised four wonderful children.
Following high school, Sharon worked at her parent's restaurant, Reggies in Little Chute. She also worked in Home Health Care for a few years. Most importantly, Sharon was a homemaker and focused her time caring for her family. She was a loving wife and mother, who enjoyed camping, baking, canning, sewing and casino trips. Sharon also enjoyed making clothing for her children and caring for the family's many beloved pets.
Sharon will be sadly missed by her children: Vicki (Jeff) Ashley, Crivitz; Rick Joachim, Oshkosh; Stacey (Dan) Radue, Neenah and Tim Joachim, Neenah. Grandchildren: Elizabeth Ashley, Christopher Ashley, Tanner (Adam) Fritz, Alissa (Josh) Koontz, Derrick Joachim, Carley Joachim, Amber (Travis) Maciejewski. Great grandchildren: Addison Fritz and Ryan Koontz; father: Norman Ellefson, Appleton; sisters: Noreen (Ted) Jancieski, Seymour; Dawn (Danny) Vollbrecht, Hortonville; Sharon is further survived by her brothers-in-law: Art (Donna) Joachim, Joey, Johnny and Eddie Joachim; sisters-in-law: Shirely (Gheen) Wolfe-Kimbell, Jan (Dave) Krueger, Mary (Tom) Marquardt and Barb Joachim along with many nieces, nephews and other relatives. Special friends: Danny (Val) Willard and Jim King.
Sharon was preceded in death by her loving husband, Richard Joachim; mother: Regina Ellefson and infant siblings, LaVonne and LaVerne.
Memorial Service will be held at 3:00 PM, Friday, January 27, 2017 at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME-LAEMMRICH CHAPEL. Visitation from 1:00 PM until the service.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to nurses and staff at the Aurora Medical Center ER and ICU for all their kind and compassionate care.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Richard L Joachim
M, b. October 6, 1941, d. March 18, 2016
- Birth: Richard L Joachim was born on October 6, 1941 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Sharon Ellefson were married on November 26, 1963 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Richard L Joachim died on March 18, 2016, at age 74.
- Note: Richard L. Joachim "Rocko", age 74, of Neenah passed away during a peaceful slumber while at home and surrounded by family on Friday, March 18, 2016, after a brief battle with cancer. He was born in Green Bay, WI on October 6, 1941, son of the late Arthur and Irene (Drossart) Joachim. Richard married Sharon Ellefson on November 26, 1963 in Waukegan, IL. They were married 52 years.
Richard proudly served his country as an Army Radio Science Operator while stationed in Germany from 1959 to 1962. He continued to serve as a reservist until his honorable discharge in 1965. He was a loving husband and father, who enjoyed camping, gardening, bingo and playing slots as well as spending time with family and friends. Richard worked short term at American Motors, Algoma Plywood and Consolidated Papers before retiring in 2004 from Bergstrom Paper Co./Glatfelter in Neenah after 32 years of employment.
Richard will be sadly missed by his wife, Sharon; daughters: Vicki (Jeff) Ashley, Crivitz; Stacey (Dan) Radue, Neenah; sons: Rick Joachim, Oshkosh and Tim Joachim, Neenah. Grandchildren: Elizabeth Ashley, Omro; Christopher Ashley, Appleton; Tanner (Adam) Fritz, Neenah; Alissa (Josh) Koontz, Oshkosh; Derrick Joachim, Appleton; Carley Joachim, Oshkosh; Amber (Travis) Maciejewski, Neenah. Great grandchildren: Addison Fritz and Ryan Koontz. He is also survived by his brothers, Art (Donna) Joachim, Neenah; Joey, Johnny and Eddie Joachim, Green Bay. Sisters: Shirley (Gheen) Wolfe-Kimbell, Appleton; Jan (Dave) Krueger, Wausaukee; Mary (Tom) Marquardt, Appleton. He is further survived by his father-in-law, Norman Ellefson, Appleton; sisters-in-law: Noreen (Ted) Jancieski, Seymour; Dawn (Danny) Vollbrecht, Hortonville; Barb Joachim, Phoenix, AZ; many nieces, nephews and other relatives; special friends: Jim King, FL; Danny (Val) Willard, Appleton; Bob (Beater Engineer) and James Johnson from Bergstrom/Glatfelter.
Richard was preceded in death by a brother, Kenny Joachim, Phoenix, AZ, and infant sister, Elizabeth Joachim, Green Bay.
The memorial service for Richard will be held at 3:00 PM on Thursday, March 24, 2016 at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME LAEMMRICH CHAPEL (312 Milwaukee St., Menasha). Visitation will be held from 1:00 PM until the time of service.
The family would like to thank the area Heartland Hospice workers for their patience, kindness and quick response.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 21, 2016.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Dawn Marie Ellefson
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
John Arnold Siroin
M, b. June 16, 1930, d. June 15, 2005
- Birth: John Arnold Siroin was born on June 16, 1930 in Price County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Frances Vandehey were married on May 4, 1985 in Vilas County, Wisconsin.
- Death: John Arnold Siroin died on June 15, 2005, at age 74, in Canada.
Conrad Harold Hostettler
M, b. March 30, 1919, d. September 29, 2001
- Birth: Conrad Harold Hostettler was born on March 30, 1919 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 29, 2001, at age 82.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Gregory G Lemmers
Diane Marie Verbeten
M, b. 1852
- Birth: Patrick Lemmers was born in 1852.
Charles Anthony VanHandel