Ricci John Giordana
Victoria Ruth Schelfhout
F, b. October 25, 1953, d. August 29, 2012
- Birth: Victoria Ruth Schelfhout was born on October 25, 1953.
- Death: She died on August 29, 2012, at age 58.
- Note: Vicki Giordana, age 58, died peacefully at her home on Wednesday morning, August 29, 2012, with her loving family at her side. She was born October 25, 1953, daughter of the late Marlene (Enders) Schelfhout and Eugene Schelfhout of Kimberly. Vicki attended Holy Cross School in Kaukauna, and in 1972 graduated from the Kaukauna High School. Upon her graduation, she immediately began caring for the elderly - a career she loved for all of forty years. Vicki touched the lives of countless seniors and always looked forward to brightening the days of those she visited. On October 4, 1974, Vicki married Ric Giordana of Kaukauna, and the couple was blessed with two children.
Everyone will remember Vicki as a fun-loving and energetic woman. She loved spending time at the cottage at Lady Lake, spending time with her family and friends at various parties and events she would schedule throughout the year, and baking "Big Cookies" for just about everyone. Vicki was a dedicated hard worker during the week, and on the weekend enjoyed relaxing and going out to eat. She was a wonderful wife and mother, and an active Grandma. Vicki embraced her role in the family and had a love for sporting events of all kinds, and had been looking forward to following the sporting events of her grandsons.
Vicki is survived by her husband: Ric Giordana; a son: Ryan (Rebecca) Giordana; a daughter: Nicci (Fred) Sprangers, all of Kaukauna; two grandsons: Brett and Brady Sprangers; her father: Eugene Schelfhout of Kimberly; her siblings: Jeanne (Mark) Van Straten of Kaukauna; Terri (Jack) Gerrits of Kaukauna; and Todd Schelfhout of Oshkosh; and by Ric's siblings: Carla Giordana of Waukesha; Reed (Linda) Giordana of Kaukauna; Ross (Jody) Giordana of Kaukauna; and Paula Giordana of Cary, North Carolina. She is also survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and many friends. Vicki was preceded in death by her mother: Marlene (Enders) Schelfhout Van Hout; her step-father: Lambert Van Hout; her step-mothers: Evelyn Schelfhout and Maxine Schelfhout; and Ric's parents: Carl and Dolores Giordana.
The family will gather to remember Vicki and to celebrate her life on Saturday afternoon, September 1, 2012 from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM at the Fargo Funeral Home, 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue in Kaukauna. The afternoon will conclude at 4:00 PM with an informal gathering time for everyone to share their memories of happy times spent with Vicki.
The family would like to offer their sincere gratitude to the Giordana and Schelfhout families and their many friends and neighbors for all of the assistance, support, and prayers over the past six months. We will never forget everyone's kindness.
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1972.
Nicole M Giordana
Ryan F Giordana
Donald J Wydeven
Charles James Wydeven
Nancy Jane Wydeven
F, b. March 22, 1938, d. March 18, 2010
- Birth: Nancy Jane Wydeven was born on March 22, 1938 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on August 22, 1959.
- Death: She died on March 18, 2010, at age 71, in Arizona.
- Note: March 25, 2010
Schmit, Nancy J. (Nancy Jane Wydeven)
Nancy Jane Wydeven Schmit, beloved wife, mother and grandmother, passed away on March 18, 2010, at her home in Verrado, Arizona, surrounded by her loving family. Born on March 22, 1938, in Appleton, Wisconsin, to Paul Wydeven and Ruby Belling Wydeven, Nancy was the oldest of her four siblings, who all reside in Wisconsin: Dennis "Whitey" Wydeven and wife Suzie of Kimberly, Dorothy "Dotti" Yahr and husband Don of White Lake, Donald "Don" Wydeven and wife Jan of Appleton, and Charles "Chuck" Wydeven and wife Leslie of Fond du Lac.
Nancy attended Holy Name grade school and graduated from Kimberly High School. Nancy loved to dance and jitterbug the night away with her friends and is remembered by her friends as the life of the party. Nancy attended college to obtain an art degree prior to purchasing her father's and grandfather's Kimberly-based insurance business.
Nancy married her husband William "Bill" on August 22, 1959, and after a brief absence from the Kimberly area, returned to her hometown in 1969 to raise three children: Jody of Goodyear, Arizona; Mark of Goodyear, Arizona; and Scott of Black Creek, Wisconsin. Nancy and her family began building their family cottage from the ground-up in scenic White Lake, Wisconsin in 1983. Nancy moved to Arizona in 1995, where she was joined by her daughter Jody and son Mark and their families. She spent the past fifteen years enjoying beautiful Wisconsin summers and spending time with her son Scott and wife Anita, while basking in the Arizona sun during the winters and spending time with her daughter Jody and her partner Nonnie, and her son Mark and daughter-in-law Carrie, in addition to their families. Nancy was active in the White Lake American Legion Auxiliary, St. Henry's Catholic Church in Buckeye, Arizona, and St. James Catholic Church in White Lake, Wisconsin.
Nancy's greatest joy in life was spending time with her family, especially doting on her five beautiful and talented grandchildren: Melissa, Stephanie, Allison, Tyler and Jessica. Nancy's first great-grandchild, Torin, was born to her granddaughter Melissa just months before her passing and her grandchild Vivian was born to her daughter Jody and partner Nonnie the morning after her passing. Nancy also enjoyed spending time with her many, many friends in Arizona and Wisconsin, including numerous high school friends with whom she had remained close for the past fifty years. Nancy loved cooking and entertaining and expressing her creativity through artwork and quilting. Her ability to decorate her homes was revered by all and inspired many family and friends to call on her to lend her creativity and polish to create beautiful family homes for their own families and Nancy always lended a willing hand. All who had the joy to have Nancy as a part of their lives remember her for her kindness, generosity and unique ability to make everyone she met feel welcomed and loved.
A memorial mass for Nancy will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, April 16, 2010, at HOLY SPIRIT PARISH, 204 E. Kimberly Avenue in Kimberly, with Fr. David Beaudry officiating and Nancy's friend Sister Marie Andre assisting. Friends may call at the church on Friday, April 16th from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the memorial mass. In lieu of flowers, Nancy requested that donations be made to Mayo Clinic Arizona to permit others to receive the same caring and compassionate treatment for multiple myeloma that she received over the past two years.
Another obituary will appear in The Post-Crescent, closer to the date of the service in April.
Jansen Fargo Funeral Home
204 E. Kimberly Avenue
Mark Alan Schmit
Caroline Rose Appleton
M, b. April 12, 1802, d. 1864
- Martinus Verwijst (b. October 23, 1828, d. April 28, 1901)
- Lambertus Verwijst (b. October 10, 1830, d. June 2, 1832)
- Johannes Verwijst (b. June 29, 1833, d. 1849)
- Maria Verwijst (b. January 9, 1836, d. January 15, 1838)
- Cornelis Verwijst (b. April 3, 1837, d. April 7, 1837)
- Geertruda Verwijst (b. October 10, 1838, d. May 28, 1839)
- Geertrui Verwijst (b. April 15, 1840, d. May 3, 1840)
- Christianus Adrian (Father Chrysostom) Verwijst (b. November 23, 1841, d. January 23, 1925)
- Cornelius VerWyst (b. April 19, 1843, d. July 17, 1919)
- Geerdina Verwijst (b. March 7, 1847, d. May 8, 1847)
- Birth: Rudolphus Verwijst was born on April 12, 1802 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Johanna Verbruggen were married on June 14, 1828 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: Rudolphus Verwijst died in 1864, at age ~62.
- Immigration: He immigrated to Libra in 1848 Line 30.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra