Eva H Hoffmann
F, b. April 10, 1918, d. October 31, 2010
- Birth: Eva H Hoffmann was born on April 10, 1918 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Rinert A Wenzel were married on June 28, 1941.
- Death: Eva H Hoffmann died on October 31, 2010, at age 92, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Eva H. Wenzel, age 92 died on Sunday, October 31, 2010 at Appleton Health Center, Appleton, She was born on April 10, 1918 in Kaukauna, the daughter of the late Reinhard and Margaret (Heindl) Hoffmann. Eva married Rinert "Dick" Wenzel on June 28, 1941. She was a long-time member of the Kaukauna Community Health Associates and Holy Cross Catholic Church. Eva was employed as a librarian in the Children's Department at the Kaukauna Public Library for many years.
She is survived by a daughter: Susan Cash of LaCrosse; two grandsons: Steven (Rena) Cash of LaCrosse and Daniel Cash of Kaukauna; three grandchildren: Markos, Kiera and Christian; a sister: Doris Kerry of Shawano and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by an infant son: William; her husband; Rinert on September 12, 2009; three sisters: Irma (John) Hamilton; Gertrude (George) Kailhofer and Margaret (Melvin) Mainville; a brother: Henry (Mary) Hoffmann; and a brother-in-law: Jack Kerry.
The funeral liturgy will be held on Thursday, November 4 at 4 p.m. at Holy Cross Church, 309 Desnoyer Street, Kaukauna with Fr. Tom Pomeroy officiating. Friends may call at the church from 2:00 pm on Thursday until the time of service. Inurnment will be in Holy Cross Cemetery.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Kaukauna, WI 54130
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1936.
Rinert A Wenzel
M, b. August 21, 1914, d. September 9, 2009
- Birth: Rinert A Wenzel was born on August 21, 1914 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Eva H Hoffmann were married on June 28, 1941.
- Death: Rinert A Wenzel died on September 9, 2009, at age 95, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 10, 2009
Wenzel, Rinert A. "Dick"
Rinert A. Wenzel, Kaukauna, age 95, died early on the morning of Wednesday, September 9, 2009, at the Appleton Medical Center. Rinert was born August 21, 1914, in Kaukauna, son of the late William and Ida (Federwitz) Wenzel. He married the former Eva Hoffmann on June 28, 1941. Rinert was self-employed as a drywall contractor and real estate broker for many years. He was a longtime and faithful member of Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church in Kaukauna, the Junior Chamber of Commerce, the Barbershop Harmony Society, and served on the Kaukauna Police and Fire Commission for twenty-seven years. Rinert also served in World War II, having entered the Army Air Corps in January of 1943. After completion of the N.C.O. Physical Training Course in Florida, he was stationed at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut as a Physical Education Instructor for the R.O.T.C. cadets. Later he was stationed at Langley Air Force Base at Langley Field, Virginia, also as a Physical Education Instructor.
Rinert is survived by his wife of sixty-eight years, Eva Wenzel, Kaukauna; a daughter, Susan Cash; two grandsons: Steven (Rena) Cash and Daniel Cash; two great-grandchildren: Markos and Kiera; a sister-in-law, Doris Kerry; four nephews: Larry (Joyce) Schubring, Allan Schubring, Carl (Marion) Wenzel, and Norman Koch; three nieces: Ruth (Gordon) Duscha, Joyce (Charles) Miller, and Betty (Bill) Boyce.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son William, brothers: Walter (Edna) Wenzel, Alfred Wenzel, Clarence (Lorraine) Wenzel, Oscar Wenzel, Hugo (Ada) Wenzel, Marvin (Ruth) Wenzel, and sisters Burgetta (Ervin) Koch and Mildred (Orville) Schubring.
The Christian Funeral for Rinert will be held at 3 p.m. on Friday, September 11, 2009 at TRINITY EV. LUTHERAN CHURCH, 804 Grignon Street in Kaukauna with Rev. Karl Schultz officiating. Interment will be in Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends may call directly at the church on Friday afternoon from 1 p.m. until the hour of the service.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 W. Wisconsin Avenue
F, b. November 27, 1926, d. June 10, 2005
Family: John E Kerry (b. September 11, 1921, d. February 4, 1980)
- Birth: Doris Hoffmann was born on November 27, 1926.
- Marriage: She and John E Kerry were married on October 8, 1947 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: Doris Hoffmann died on June 10, 2005, at age 78.
- Burial: She was buried in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Age 88, of Shawano, passed away on June 11, 2015, in Shawano.
Doris was born on Nov. 27, 1926, in Kaukauna, the daughter of the late Reinhard P. and Margaret (Heindl) Hoffmann. She was united in marriage on Oct. 8, 1947, at St. Mary’s in Kaukauna to John “Jack” Kerry. In 1959, they moved to the Shawano area and together raised four children. Doris was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church. She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack, one brother and four sisters.
- Graduation: She graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1944.
Mary M Turek
F, b. June 13, 1955, d. May 9, 2015
- Birth: Mary M Turek was born on June 13, 1955 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, California.
- Marriage: She was married on August 21, 1976.
- Death: She died on May 9, 2015, at age 59, in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Edward Cemetery, Mackville, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mary M. Simon, Hortonville, loving wife, mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, age 59, entered eternal life Saturday, May 9, 2015 peacefully at home with her family by her side. Mary was born in Los Angeles, CA on June 13, 1955, daughter of the late Edward Turek and survived by her mother, Rosemary (Van Camp) Turek. She married David Simon on August 21, 1976 and they celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary this past August. Together, they raised four daughters: Kristine (Matthew) Palmer, Shari (Christopher) Brzinski, Stacy (Andrew) Arendt and Laura (fiancé, Troy Olson) Simon.
Mary found great joy in spending time with family, especially the children. She cheerfully devoted her life to her daughters, nieces and nephews and she cherished her six grandchildren: Adam, Abigail and Cora Palmer, Blake and Kai Brzinski, and Anastasia Arendt. She loved nothing more than to have a minivan full of kids on their way to Bay Beach.
Influenced by her father, Mary was a strong advocate for education. During his retirement she helped him receive his honorary high school diploma because he left school to proudly serve in WWII. Mary also supported all four of her daughters as they pursued college educations and she sat proudly at each graduation ceremony.
Mary always found a way to balance her family life and her personal goals of a higher education with grace. She received her undergraduate degree at the age of 45 with a bachelor of business administration and became a proud and devoted employee at UW Oshkosh for 14 years as the Senior Administrative Program Specialist in the Chancellor's office. Mary obtained her master's degree in public administration at the age of 50 to better serve the students and faculty that she so loved at UW Oshkosh.
Mary is further survived by her beloved brother and sister with their spouses; Edward (Vicky) Turek and Janet (Terry) Brill; her mother in law, LaVera Simon; her sisters in law: Connie (David) Tiedt, Carla (Paul) Bagstad and Cindy (Rodger) Eberly; her brother in law, Leslie (Debbie) Simon and her nieces and nephews: Angela, Shaun (Cassandra) and Michelle Brill; Kathy, Amy and Marcus Turek; Jennifer (Kyle) Stoehr, Jessica (Michael) Johnson, Jill (Matthew) Magill, Lisa (Darrin) Grassman, Michelle (Fred) Noyes, Lance (Nikki) Hoier, Troy (Darcy) Peterson, Joshua (Amber) Peterson, Chase Eberly, Justin (Lavonne) Simon, Nicole Simon-Demerath, Jake (Samantha) Simon.
Friends may visit on Friday, May 15, 2015 from 5 to 8 pm at Borchardt and Moder Funeral Home, Hortonville, WI and on Saturday, May 16, 2015 from 10:30-12:30 am at Saint Edwards Church, Mackville, WI before the hour of service. The mass of resurrection will begin at 12:30 pm with Father Walter Stumpf officiating. Burial will take place in St. Edwards Cemetery after the service.
Thank you to everyone who helped our family during her brave battle with cancer over the last year including the care teams with Theda Care Hospice, Martha Siekman Cancer Center and Froedtert Hospital. We want to give an additional thank you to Todd and Jodie Thompkins and Julie Fronczak along with her mother Jo Pulido.
"Keep your heart open and I will fly in." ~Mary Simon.
Vicky Lynn Hildebrand
Janet Jean Turek
Cathy Donna Turek