James Gerald Lyman
Peter J VanDenBogart
William J VanDenBogart
M, b. January 24, 1941, d. March 1, 2010
- Birth: William J VanDenBogart was born on January 24, 1941.
- Marriage: He was married on July 23, 1960.
- Death: He died on March 1, 2010, at age 69.
- Note: March 3, 2010
Van Den Bogart, William J. "Bill"
William J. Van Den Bogart "Bill", Appleton, age 69, went to be with his Lord and Savior on Monday, March 1, 2010, following a long and courageous battle with Alzheimer's disease. Bill was born January 24, 1941, to the late Joseph and Petronella (Van Den Bosch) Van Den Bogart. He was employed for 27 years at Fox Tractor and then for 15 years at Fox Valley Lutheran High School. On July 23, 1960, he was united in marriage to Shirlyne Riehl and together they celebrated 49 years of marriage. Bill was an avid outdoorsman with a passion for hunting, fishing, and spending summers at the cottage on Chute Pond in Mountain. Most of all, he enjoyed spending time with his family. His grandchildren were his pride and joy. His faith was a priority right to the end with his final words being "Jesus is My Savior".
He is survived by his wife, Shirlyne; three sons: Thomas (special friend Daniel Roepke), Michael, and David (Lori) and their sons, Jared and Justin; a daughter, Michelle (Scott) Wichman and their sons: Brandon and Brett; two brothers: Peter (Geri) and Richard; a sister, Harriet Blajeski; two brothers-in-law: LeRoy Heimerl and Clifford Hansen; a sister-in-law, JoAnne (Van Den Bogart) Gasser, his mother-in-law, Murleen Riehl; numerous nieces and nephews; and Shirlyne's family: Sharon (Tom) Haber, Eugene (Mary) Riehl, and Susan Riehl.
Besides his parents, Bill was preceded in death by two brothers: John and Joseph, three sisters: Minnie Heimerl, Theresa (Jerry) Lyman, and Marie Hansen; a brother-in-law, Jack Blajeski; and his father-in-law, Richard Riehl.
Funeral services will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday March 4, 2010, at Bethany Lutheran Church, 530 West Parkway Blvd., Appleton. Friends may call directly at the church from 2 p.m. until the time of service. A memorial for Fox Valley Lutheran High School and the Alzheimer's Association are being established. The Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna, is assisting the family. (920-766-2099)
A special thank-you to the staff of Grand Horizons West for their loving care of Bill.
Richard M VanDenBogart
M, b. February 17, 1943, d. January 3, 2011
- Birth: Richard M VanDenBogart was born on February 17, 1943.
- Death: He died on January 3, 2011, at age 67, in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Richard Van Den Bogart, age 67, passed away unexpectedly at an Oconto hospital on Monday, January 3, 2011. He was born February 17, 1943, son of the late Joseph and Petronella (Van Den Bosch) Van Den Bogart.
Rich enjoyed pulling his Allis Chalmers with a very special group of friends. He owned and operated Van Den Bogart Farms. He loved time spent with his family, especially grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Survivors include his daughter, Stacey (Kevin) Krake, Freedom; three grandchildren: Adam, Mason and Jessi, one brother, Peter (Geri), Freedom; sisters-in-law: Jo Anne Gasser and Shirlyne Van Den Bogart; brothers-in-law: Le Roy Heimel and Clifford Hansen. He is further survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
Rich was preceded in death by three brothers, John, Joseph and William; four sisters: Minnie Heimerl, Theresa (Jerry) Lyman, Marie Hansen and Harriet (Jack) Blajeski.
Friends may call at Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, 358 S. Main Street, Seymour, on Thursday, January 6, 2011, from 10 a.m. until services at 2 p.m. with Pastor Walt Steinbach officiating. Burial at a later date. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehl boettcher.com.
Marie F VanDenBogart
F, b. March 25, 1930, d. March 26, 2009
- Birth: Marie F VanDenBogart was born on March 25, 1930 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Clifford W Hansen were married on November 23, 1948.
- Death: Marie F VanDenBogart died on March 26, 2009, at age 79, in Weyauwega, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Fremont, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: March 27, 2009
Hansen, Marie F.
Marie F. Hansen, age 79, of Fremont, passed away peacefully with her family at her side on March 26, 2009 at the Weyauwega Health Care Center, following a battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. She was born on March 25, 1930, in Kaukauna, WI, the daughter of the late Joseph and Nellie (Van Den Bosch) Van Den Bogart. On November 23, 1948, Marie married Clifford Hansen, her life-long partner of 60 years. Marie was a member of Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Weyauwega and the St. Ann's Society. She enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, making applesauce, and playing cards and dominoes.
Marie's nurturing, loving and caring nature will be very sadly missed by her husband, Clifford, her children, Janet (Fred) Rates, Oshkosh, William (Susan) Hansen, Fremont, Dale (Chris) Hansen, Appleton, Shirley (Don) Leichtnam, Colby, WI, Patti (Tom) Schmoldt, Weyauwega, and Diane (Dan) Kohl, Fremont. Marie will also be sadly missed by her 17 grandchildren, and 17 great-grandchildren, , her three brothers, Peter (Geraldine) Van Den Bogart, DePere, WI, William (Shirlyne) Van Den Bogart, Appleton, and Richard Van Den Bogart, Oconto, a sister, Harriet Blajeski, Kaukauna, a sister-in-law, Joanne Gasser, Phillips, WI, a brother-in-law, LeRoy Heimerl, Kaukauna, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by two sons in infancy, Jimmy and Tommy, a granddaughter, Annie Hansen, a grandson and great-grandson, Scott and Blake Radtke, two brothers, John and Joseph Van Den Bogart, two sisters, Minnie Heimerl and Theresa Lyman.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Monday, March 30, 2009, at 11 a.m. at Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Weyauwega. Father Bert Samsa, OFM, Cap. will officiate. Burial will be in Lakeside Cemetery, Fremont. Friends may call at the Lewin Funeral Home, Fremont on Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. with at prayer service at 4:30 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Monday at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of service.
Lewin Funeral Home
210 Main St.
Fremont, WI 54940
Clifford W Hansen
M, b. August 21, 1924, d. January 2, 2017
- Birth: Clifford W Hansen was born on August 21, 1924 in Winneconne, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Marie F VanDenBogart were married on November 23, 1948.
- Death: Clifford W Hansen died on January 2, 2017, at age 92.
- Note: Clifford W. Hansen, age 92, of Fremont, died peacefully on Thursday, January 2, 2017 at the home he lived in for 67 years. He was born on August 21, 1924, in Winneconne, WI, the son of the late Ernest and Lillian(Busha)Hansen. On November 23, 1948, Clifford married Marie Van Den Bogart and they were married for 60 years before she preceded him in death on March 26, 2009. A lifelong farmer, Clifford milked cows until 75 years old. Clifford was an avid tractor puller for 47 years and was well known to many at pulls all over the Midwest. He was a member of the Central Wisconsin Antique Tractor Pullers and received the Full Pull Club lifetime achievement award. Clifford enjoyed playing sheepshead in addition to watching and feeding the pigeons on the farm. He was a member of Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Weyauwega. Clifford is survived by his children, Janet(Fred)Rates, Oshkosh; Dale(Chris)Hansen, Appleton; Shirley(Don)Leichtnam, Colby; Patti(Tom)Schmoldt, Weyauwega, and Diane(Dan)Kohl, Fremont, daughter-in-law Susan Hansen, Fremont; 15 grandchildren, Wendy(Tim)Winchester, Kathryn, Kimberly and Brian Rates, Bill(Angie)Hansen, Mike(Steph)Hansen, Becky(Clair)Inniger, Dan(Cindy)Hansen, Patrick(Ally)Leichtnam, Nicki(Eric)Pancier, Tina(Jake)Wagner, Kristy(Justin "Buck")Berrens, Brandon(Josey)Schmoldt, Ashley(Lincoln)Loehrke and Eric Kohl; 37 great-grandchildren, a brother-in-law, Peter(Geraldine)Van Den Bogart; two sisters-in-law, JoAnne Gasser and Shirlyne Van Den Bogart; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by three sons, James, William and Thomas; two grandchildren, Annie Hansen and Scott Radtke; a great-grandson, Blake Radtke; two sisters, and five brothers. Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Monday, February 6, 2017 at 11AM at Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, 105 N. Lincoln, St., Weyauwega. Father John Kleinschmidt will officiate. Burial will be in Lakeside Cemetery, Fremont. Visitation will be held on Sunday from 1-4PM at the Lewin Funeral Home, Fremont, and on Monday, at the church from 10AM until the time of service.
Clifford's family would like to thank ThedaCare Hospice, and Dr. John Butitta for the wonderful care they provided him.
Wilhelmina Marie VanDenBogart
F, b. August 29, 1926, d. November 12, 2002
- Birth: Wilhelmina Marie VanDenBogart was born on August 29, 1926 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and LeRoy George Heimerl were married on November 28, 1969.
- Death: Wilhelmina Marie VanDenBogart died on November 12, 2002, at age 76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wilhelmina Heimerl “Minnie” Kaukauna
Age 76, passed away on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 at Franciscan Care Center in Appleton following a long battle with Alzheimer’s. She was born on August 29, 1926 in Freedom, Wisconsin the oldest child of the late John and Petronella “Nellie” (Van Den Bosch) Van Den Bogart. On November 28, 1969 Millie married Le Roy Heimerl. She was a Watkins dealer for many years, and was a member of St. Aloysius Catholic Church in Kaukauna, serving as the housekeeper in the rectory in the mid 1970’s. Her family and friends knew her as a person who was a caregiver to all. This attribute was evident in her love for gardening, and cooking. Many sumptuous meals were crafted from vegetables that she grew herself; and many of her recipes were sought after by family and friends. Minnie learned the game of Sheephead at a very young age. Throughout her life, card playing was a great source of fun for her and her family and friends. Minnie’s loving and caring nature will be sadly missed by her husband Le Roy G. Heimerl of Kaukauna, her three brothers Peter (Geraldine) Van Den Bogart of DePere, William (Shirlyne) Van Den Bogart of Appleton, and Richard Van Den Bogart of Oconto; three sisters Marie (Clifford) Hansen of Fremont, Harriet Blajeski of Kaukauna, and Theresa Lyman of Appleton; a sister-in-law Joanne Van Den Bogart of Phillips, Wisconsin; a special Godchild Kathy Kurrasch, and numerous nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by two brothers John and Joseph, a sister Catherine in infancy, and a brother-in-law John Blajeski. The Mass of the Resurrection to celebrate God’s gift of Millie’s life will be conducted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 at 5:00 PM at St. Aloysius Catholic Church on Main Street in Kaukauna with the Rev. David Schmidt officiating. Interment will take place at St. Mary Catholic Cemetery in Kaukauna. Visitation will be on Thursday at the church from 3:00 PM until the time of the mass. A memorial fund is being established. The family wishes to express their heartfelt thanks to the staff of Franciscan Care Center for all of the kindness they showed to Minnie. FARGO FUNERAL HOMES 400 West Wisconsin Avenue Kaukauna 766-6200.
LeRoy George Heimerl
M, b. June 26, 1925, d. September 17, 2013
- Birth: LeRoy George Heimerl was born on June 26, 1925.
- Marriage: He and Wilhelmina Marie VanDenBogart were married on November 28, 1969.
- Death: LeRoy George Heimerl died on September 17, 2013, at age 88.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: LeRoy George Heimerl, 88, Brillion, formerly of Kaukauna, passed away on September 17, 2013. LeRoy was born on June 26, 1925 to the late John and Margaret (Schreiner) Heimerl. He married Wilhelmina Van Den Bogart at St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Freedom on November 28, 1969 and she preceded him in death. He resided in Kaukauna before moving to Heritage Senior Citizens apartment in Brillion. He was employed at "Tecumski's" in New Holstein for 25 years.
He is survived by his best friend, Mary; one brother: Delmar (Lois) Heimerl, Hilbert; 4 sisters: Nora Shust, Wauwatosa, Dorothy (Donald) Ertl, Hilbert, Julie Micke, Brillion, and Marleen (Richard) Eickert, Brillion. He is further survived by Wilhelmina's brother: Peter (Geri) Van Den Bogart, DePere; a brother-in-law: Clifford Hansen, Fremont; and sisters-in-law: Shirlyn Van Den Bogart, Appleton and JoAnne Gosser, Phillips.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Minnie, a brother: Anthony (Arlene) Heimerl and brothers-in-law: Edward Micke and Peter Shust; and Minnie's brothers: William, John, Joe and Richard Van Den Bogart; her sisters and brothers-in-law: Marie Hansen, Theresa (Jerry) Lyman, Harriet (Jack) Blajeski.
The funeral liturgy for LeRoy will be held at 11 am on Saturday, September 21, 2013 at Holy Family Church, 1100 W. Ryan Street, Brillion. Visitation will be held at the church from 9:00 until the time of service. Interment will be held in St. Mary Cemetery, Kaukauna.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfuneralhomes.com.
John H VanDenBogart
M, b. February 28, 1937, d. January 31, 1992
- Birth: John H VanDenBogart was born on February 28, 1937 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 31, 1992, at age 54, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Peter & Paul Cemetery, Hortonville, Wisconsin.
Geraldine A Faust
F, b. March 16, 1925, d. March 10, 2005
- Father: Louis J Faust (b. March 14, 1892, d. August 15, 1956)
- Mother: Mary Hager (b. December 9, 1894, d. October 2, 1951)
- Birth: Geraldine A Faust was born on March 16, 1925 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Leland H Scherer were married on September 6, 1952 in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Geraldine A Faust died on March 10, 2005, at age 79.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Age 79, died Thursday, March 10, 2005 at Parkside Care Center in Little Chute. Gerry was born in Appleton on April 16, 1925, daughter of the late Louis J. and Mary (Hager) Faust. She was a lifelong member of Holy Cross Church in Kaukauna, and attended grade school there. Following her graduation from Kaukauna High School, Gerry worked at Wisconsin Telephone for ten years, at which time she married Leland H. Scherer in Kaukauna. For quite some time, Gerry did seasonal work at Kaukauna Club Cheese, and also enjoyed playing bridge and gardening. She loved caring for her home and her family, but most of all, friends and family recall her love and talent for sewing and quilting. Gerry made draperies, pillows, afghans, and clothing, and daily spent time at her sewing machine.
Survivors include her husband: Leland Scherer of Kaukauna; a daughter: Mary (John) Friedli of Thiensville and their daughter Margot; two brothers: Louis (Mary) Faust of Kaukauna and Joseph (Carol) Faust of Green Valley, AZ; two sisters: Louise Faust of Kaukauna and Margaret Belson of Bethesda, MD. She was preceded in death by her parents, sisters Germaine (Elmer) Adriaens and Lucille (Richard) Polo, and a brother-in-law: William Belson.
The funeral liturgy for Gerry will be held at 11:30 AM on Monday, March 14, 2005 at HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH in Kaukauna with Fr. Jack Mullarkey officiating. Interment will be in Holy Cross Cemetery. Friends may call at the church on Monday from 9:30 until the hour of the service.
FARGO FUNERAL HOME 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue Kaukauna, WI 54130 920-766-6200.
Leland H Scherer
M, b. July 15, 1920, d. October 4, 2006
- Birth: Leland H Scherer was born on July 15, 1920 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Geraldine A Faust were married on September 6, 1952 in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Leland H Scherer died on October 4, 2006, at age 86, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: October 5, 2006
Scherer, Leland H. Lee Scherer, age 86, Kaukauna, died Wednesday, October 4, 2006, at the Appleton Medical Center. Leland was born July 15, 1920, in Menominee, Michigan, son of the late Joseph and Blanche (Perion) Scherer. He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1939. Lee served in World War II as a member of the Army Infantry. He was stationed for the first two years in the North Pacific Aleutian Islands and the last three years in Europe with the 325th Glider Infantry of the 82nd Airborne Division.
On September 6, 1952, he married Geraldine Faust at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Kaukauna. She preceded him in death in March of 2005. He retired from Thilmany Pulp and Paper in 1984 after forty-five years as an electrician. Lee was a member of the Elks Club #962, Knights of Columbus Council #1033, and Holy Cross Catholic Church. Lee was also a former member of Appleton Duplicate Contract Bridge Club.
Leland is survived by his daughter, Mary (John) Friedli of Thiensville; a granddaughter, Margot Friedli; a brother, Joseph Scherer of Arlington, Texas; two brothers-in-law, Louis (Mary) Faust of Kaukauna and Joseph (Carol) Faust of Green Valley, Arizona; two sisters-in-law, Louise Faust of Kaukauna and Margaret Belson of Bethesda, Maryland. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Lee was preceded in death by his father and stepmother, Joseph and Mary Scherer, his wife, Geraldine Scherer, sisters-in-law, Lucille (Richard) Polo and Germaine (Elmer) Adrians, and a brother-in-law, William Belson.
The funeral liturgy for Lee will be held at 11 a.m. on Monday, October 9, 2006, at HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 309 Desnoyer Street in Kaukauna, with Fr. Jack Mullarkey officiating. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery. Friends may call directly at the church on Monday from 9 a.m. until the hour of the service.
FARGO FUNERAL HOME
400 W. Wisconsin Avenue