Lori Ann Schmitz
Bradley James Goldapske
M, b. March 7, 1921, d. April 9, 2002
- Birth: Anthony VanStralen was born on March 7, 1921.
- Death: He died on April 9, 2002, at age 81.
John Joseph VanStralen
M, b. October 11, 1931, d. March 21, 2000
- Birth: John Joseph VanStralen was born on October 11, 1931 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 21, 2000, at age 68, in Los Angeles County, California.
Janet P VanLanen
F, b. March 4, 1921, d. July 21, 2016
- Birth: Janet P VanLanen was born on March 4, 1921 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John A VanDenEng were married on October 15, 1940 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Janet P VanLanen died on July 21, 2016, at age 95.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Janet P. Vanden Eng, 95, of Green Bay, passed away peacefully on Thursday, July 21, 2016. She was born March 4, 1921 in De Pere, WI, a daughter of the late Leonard and Leona (Puyleart) Van Lanen. On October 15, 1940 she married John Vanden Eng. John and Janet became partners in life. While he preceded her in death on September 19, 1994, no one could ever think of one of them without the other.
Janet is survived by her children, three sons and one daughter: Gary (special friend Susan) La Rocque of Green Bay, Jeff (Sandy) Kaster of Green Bay, and Bryan Kaster of Las Vegas; daughter Sharla (Tim) Jahnke of Roswell, GA; her eight grandchildren: Laura (Pete) Briggs, Janet (Scott) Schermitzler, Jacob (Marie) Jahnke, Eric (Julie) Jahnke, Erin Kaster, Nate Kaster, Matt Kaster, and Tori Kaster; her great grandchildren: Elizabeth, Addie, Ben, and Luke Briggs, Isaac Miller, Raya, Brandon, and Hunter Schermitzler, and Jude Jahnke. She is further survived by her brother Jerry (Ann) Van Lanen; and two sisters-in-law Rose Hackel and Jeanie Vanden Eng. Janet was preceded in death by her parents Leonard and Leona; husband John; and her siblings: Norman, Frank, Marvin Van Lanen, Gladys Dalton, Delores Nockerts, Vernon Van Lanen, and two infants.
Janet opened her home and raised many children throughout her life. She was a "Mom" and a "Grandma" to virtually all who walked through her door. She and Johnny created a sanctuary for those who needed safety and a loving family. Her smile, her laughter and her loving heart were her trademarks that everyone knew her by. And, when it came to goodbyes, you could count on her standing on her porch waving until you were well out of sight.
Janet served as Oneida Town Treasurer in the 1960's. She loved to bake. Her Strawberry Pies and Chocolate Cake were adored by many! Her hobbies included golf- (she was very proud of her hole in one) bowling, fishing in the Bay and Pickerel Lake, visiting casinos here and in Las Vegas. Janet was also a very "creative" card player. She had a soft spot for animals and enjoyed feeding them in her yard.
She will be missed by many but will live in the memories and hearts of everyone who had the opportunity to meet her.
Family and friends may visit on Wednesday, July 27, 2016 from 4:00 to 7:00 PM at RYAN FUNERAL HOME & CREMATORY, 305 N. Tenth St, De Pere. Funeral service will follow at 7:00 PM. Inurnment will be with her husband John in Nicolet Memorial Gardens and Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send condolence to the family. Memorials are greatly appreciated to Happily Ever After, 2065 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304, in lieu of flowers
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from July 23 to July 26, 2016.
Amy Suzanne Young
Philip T Bixby
M, b. October 5, 1961, d. September 18, 2006
- Birth: Philip T Bixby was born on October 5, 1961 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 12, 1994 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 18, 2006, at age 44.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: September 20, 2006
Bixby, Jr., Philip T. "Skippy" Philip T. "Skippy" Bixby, Jr., of Freedom, age 44, died Monday, September 18, 2006, at his home. He was born October 5, 1961, in Appleton, the son of Philip T. and Judith (Selig) Bixby, of Appleton. Skippy attended Appleton West High School, and has been employed for many years at the Fox Valley Auto Auction in DePere. Skippy and his fiancee' Leann enjoyed traveling together, going on cruises, snowmobiling, and camping. He was an avid hunter and loved golfing.
Survivors include his parents, Philip and Judy Bixby; his fiancee', Leann Maass, Freedom, and her children, Shane Breit, Jefferson, and Amber Maass, Oshkosh; his daughter, Johanna Rose Bixby, Schofield; his brother, Michael Bixby, Appleton; two sisters: Julie (Bruce) Wendt, Greenleaf, and Lisa (Scott "Scooter") Wians, Appleton; his paternal grandmother, Rosemary Heideman, Winneconne; his nieces and nephews: Nicole, Eric, Megan, and Matthew Wendt; Tyler, Kimberly and Amber Wians-Bixby; Nathan Bixby and Tasha Bixby, and her two children, Astarte and Ember.
Funeral services for Skippy will be at 10 a.m. Friday, September, 22, 2006, at the WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 North Superior Street, with Deacon Pete Reinl officiating. Interment will be in Appleton Highland Memorial Park. Friends may call from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, and again from 9 a.m. Friday until the time of services.
Daddy, I love you.
WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME
537 North Superior Street