Donald William VanDenzen
M, b. June 15, 1970, d. September 4, 2016
- Birth: Donald William VanDenzen was born on June 15, 1970.
- Death: He died on September 4, 2016, at age 46.
- Note: Donald W. "Donny" VanDenzen, 46, formerly of Little Chute, WI rode off to the pearly gates on September 4, 2016 after a courageous battle with cancer. Donny was born on June 15th to Sharon (Rusch) Montanye and Thomas VanDenzen.
He is survived by his wife Neki VanDenzen and their children Amber VanDenzen, Dustin VanDenzen, Tempenga, Evageline and Alejandria Vrame. His Mom and Dad and siblings Tammy Struck, Blaine (Marsha) Tyler, Michelle (Corey), Adam (Jamie) Montanye.
He is further survived by his godson Landen (nephew) and nieces, friends and family members. Donny's family meant the most to him and he would be proud to announce that his legacy will live on through his two grandchildren that are on the way.
He is preceded in death by his dad Chris Montanye, grandparents Evelyn Rusch, and Edith and William VanDenzen. His godfather Rocky VanDenzen along with numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.
There will be a celebration of Donny's life held at Rusch's Bowl in Kimberly, WI on September 18, 2016 starting at 1 pm. In lieu of flowers the family is establishing a memorial to help with expenses incurred during Donny's illness.
Donny's family would like to extend a special thank you to his best friend Brad Chandler and his wife Rebecca along with The Northern Illinois Hospice and of course man's best friend and Donny's his faithful dog Tessa Ann.
Honquest Family Funeral Home. 4311 North Mumford Rd Rockford, ILL 61111 (815)636-5100
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Sept. 12, 2016.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
Dorothy Mary VandeWalle
F, b. June 19, 1925, d. October 27, 2005
- Birth: Dorothy Mary VandeWalle was born on June 19, 1925.
- Marriage: She was married on September 1, 1945 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 27, 2005, at age 80.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Huempfner, Dorothy Mary Dorothy Mary Huempfner, 80, Green Bay, died Thursday, Oct. 27, 2005. She was born June 19, 1925, to Emil and Gertrude (VanLyssel) VandeWalle. Dorothy was a graduate of St. Mary’s Grade School and De Pere High School. On Sept. 1, 1945, she married David Huempfner of Wausaukee at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in De Pere. Dorothy was a bookkeeper at Beaver’s “a corner of New York in De Pere” for ten years and later at Van Ess Concrete Block for 15 years. Dorothy was a charter member of St. Jude Parish, always ready to lend a hand for funeral dinners, white elephant sales and church picnics. She was happier to give than to receive and this selfless attitude was reflected in the assistance she gave to those in need, whether it be a nursing home or hospital visit, a ride to the grocery store, or a plate of her famous baked goods. Dorothy enjoyed a good party or celebration with friends and family. Always the perfectionist as a hostess, she attended to every detail with loving care. She enjoyed playing cards and her quilts continue to warm her children and grandchildren. Her greatest love in life was family and she truly enjoyed being a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. Survivors include her husband, David; her children and their spouses, Mark and Melanie Huempfner, Wausaukee; Dr. Wendy Huempfner and Dr. Mark Bessette, Tucson, Ariz.; Lori and Tabor Wolff, Lake City, Fla.; Lisa Huempfner, Bloomington, Ill.; her grandchildren, Matt Huempfner, Jason (Kristy) Wallner, Jonas (friend, Kari Van Ess) Wallner, Merideth (Brian) Frahm, Aaron Wolff, Kaila Wolff, Nick Bessette, Zina Bessette, Lucas Castro-Huempfner; her stepfather, Carl Rasmussen, Denmark; a sister and brother-in-law, Mildred and Ken Baumann, De Pere; a brother and sister-in-law, Emil and Kit VandeWalle, Mesa, Ariz.; her brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Gene Riley, Appleton; Marcella VandeWalle, De Pere; Marie Huempfner, Darlene and Jerry Wojcik, Bonnie and Jeff Diener, Marilyn and Walt Wickman, all of Wausaukee; Lois and John Berceau, Sheboygan Falls; Don and Mary Katherine Huempfner, Oshkosh; Diane and Joe Villanueva, N.C.; nieces and nephews and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents; two brothers, Joseph and Norbert VandeWalle; a sister, Lou Riley; a sister-in-law, Babe VandeWalle and a brother-in-law, Bill Huempfner. Friends may call at Blaney Funeral Home, 1521 Shawano Ave., from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 4. Friends may also call at St. Jude Catholic Church from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 5. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church with the Rev. Peter Renard O. Praem officiating. Entombment will be in Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established to benefit Unity Hospice. The Huempfner family extends a special thank you to Unity Hospice and all the friends who helped them through this difficult time.
M, b. July 28, 1914, d. September 9, 2009
- Birth: Carl Rasmussen was born on July 28, 1914.
- Death: He died on September 9, 2009, at age 95.
- Note: September 12, 2009
Carl Rasmussen, 95, Denmark, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2009. He was born July 28, 1914, to the late Charles and Agnes (Johnson) Rasmussen. He married Gertrude Vande Walle, and she preceded him in death. Carl worked as a Chef for the Union Hotel in De Pere for many years.
Survivors include a stepson, Emil Vande Walle, Mesa, Ariz.; stepdaughter, Mildred (Ken) Baumann, De Pere; sister, Edna McBee, Oconomowoc; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his wife; stepsons; seven brothers and three sisters.
Family and friends may call Monday, Sept. 14, 2009, from 10 a.m. until the hour of Mass at All Saints Catholic Church, Denmark. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 a.m. Monday at church, with Fr. Ron Colombo officiating. Burial will be in West Danish Cemetery. Knutson-Cotter Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
Mildred Mary VandeWalle
F, b. July 4, 1927, d. February 28, 2016
- Birth: Mildred Mary VandeWalle was born on July 4, 1927.
- Marriage: She and Kenneth J Baumann were married on September 1, 1947 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mildred Mary VandeWalle died on February 28, 2016, at age 88, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mildred "Millie" M. (Vande Walle) Baumann of De Pere, was taken away too soon, surrounded by her husband and children on February 28, 2016 at age 88. She married Kenneth J. Baumann on September 1, 1947 at St. Mary Catholic Church, De Pere. Millie worked many years at both The Union Hotel and Royal Cleaners. Life to Millie was baking, music, reading, playing cribbage and cards, singing in the St. Mary's women's choir, watching her grandchildren 's activities, watching the "The Sound of Music" over and over and over and of course the Green Bay Packers. But mostly, she enjoyed family. If there was one word to describe Millie, most would say "sweet".
Millie is survived by her husband of 68 years Kenneth Baumann. Loving mother to Mary Kay (Dennis) Rukamp, Janice (Mark) Dorn, Susan Baumann, John (Beth) Baumann; daughter-in-law Yvonne Baumann; grandmother to Rod and Luanne Rukamp, Steve and Meredith Rukamp, Lori and Dave MacInnes, Joe and Stacy Rukamp, Tami Rukamp and fiancé Al Carr, Andrea ad Jon Sandberg, Jason and Heidi Dorn, Heather Dorn, Benjamin, Jacob and Ali Brefka, Autumn Kirchman, Jessica Baumann, Zak and Eric Baumann; 18 great-grandchildren. She will also be sadly missed by special brother Emil Vande Walle of Texas, sister-in-law Marcella Vande Walle of De Pere, brother-in-law Lee Thompson of Wauwatosa and many loving and devoted nieces, nephews and friends. She will be greatly missed by all.
She was preceded in death by her son Jim "Bugsy"; grandson Chad; father Emil Vande Walle at age 3 and later by her dear mother Gertrude (Vande Walle) and step-father, Carl Rasmussen, along with her father-in-law and mother-in-law Alvin and Marjorie Baumann, brother Joe (Babe) Vande Walle, Norb Vande Walle, sisters Dorothy (Dave) Huempfner, Lou (Gene) Riley, sister-in-law Laverne Thompson and nieces Julie Vande Walle and Linda Schoen.
Family and friends may visit at St. Mary Catholic Church, 4805 Sportsman Drive, Ledgeview, on Friday, March 4, from 9:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. Friday with the Rev. Judah Pigon, MF officiating. Entombment in Allouez Chapel Mausoleum. Cotter Funeral Home and Crematory is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.cotterfuneralhome.com. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established in Millie's name.
A very special thank you to recording artist/ pianist Jim McDonough for lifting up mom and her family with his beautiful music.
And to the staff at Odd Fellows Rehab and Skilled Nursing Facility for all of the care and kindnesses shown to our mom and family, especially on February 28 when she went home to her Father. Further, St. Vincent Hospital, Unity Hospice, Angel's Touch Assisted Living and the McCormick Home all played a role in keeping mom content, safe and happy over the past 3 years.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Mar. 1 to Mar. 2, 2016.
Kenneth J Baumann
M, b. October 12, 1926, d. June 6, 2016
- Birth: Kenneth J Baumann was born on October 12, 1926.
- Marriage: He and Mildred Mary VandeWalle were married on September 1, 1947 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Kenneth J Baumann died on June 6, 2016, at age 89.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kenneth J. Baumann, 89, De Pere, passed away Monday, June 6, 2016. Ken was born on October 12, 1926 to the late Alvin and Marjorie (Pech) Baumann. He married Mildred "Millie" Vande Walle on September 1, 1947. She preceded him in death on February 28, 2016. He was a graduate of Central Catholic High School class of 1945. Ken was employed as a security officer at the Green Bay Correctional Institution and retired from there in 1980. He served on the De Pere City Council for four years. He was the former president of St. Mary's Holy Name Society and a former member of the De Pere Kiwanis Club.
Ken was a loving father and is survived by his children, Mary Kay (Dennis) Rukamp, Janice (Mark) Dorn, Susan Baumann, John (Beth) Baumann; daughter-in-law Yvonne Baumann; grandfather to Rod and Luanne Rukamp, Steve and Meredith Rukamp, Lori and Dave MacInnes, Joe and Stacy Rukamp, Tami and Al Carr, Andrea and Jon Sandberg, Jason and Heidi Dorn, Heather Dorn, Benjamin, Jacob and Ali Brefka, Autumn Kirchman, Jessica Baumann, Zak and Eric Baumann; 18 great-grandchildren.
He will also be sadly missed by his brother-in-law Lee Thompson of Wauwatosa and brother-in-law Emil Vande Walle of Texas, sister-in-law Marcella Vande Walle of De Pere, and many loving and devoted nieces, nephews and friends.
Ken was preceded in death by his son, Jim "Bugsy" Baumann, grandson Chad Baumann, and sister, Laverne Thompson.
Family and friends may visit at St. Mary Catholic Church, 4805 Sportsman Drive, Ledgeview, on Friday, June 10, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial for Ken will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. Friday with the Rev. Judah Pigon, MF officiating. Entombment in Allouez Chapel Mausoleum. Cotter Funeral Home and Crematory is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established in Ken's name.
Ken's family would like to thank the staff at Odd Fellows Home, the McCormick Home, Rennes Health and Rehab,and Unity Hospice.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from June 8 to June 9, 2016.
Sharon Ann Wynboom
Bruce Robert Specht
M, b. January 23, 1950, d. August 25, 2015
- Birth: Bruce Robert Specht was born on January 23, 1950.
- Divorce: He was divorced.
- Marriage: He was married on August 25, 1973 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 25, 2015, at age 65.
- Note: Bruce R. Specht, age 65, passed way unexpectedly on August 25, 2015. He was born on January 23, 1950 to the late Robert and Valoise (Kalupa) Specht. He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1968. Bruce served in the Army reserves from 1972 until 1984. He was a very hard and dedicated worker at Appleton Papers for 33 years.
Bruce was known for a lot of things, but most of all was his appreciation of sports, especially baseball. He loved coaching kids and sharing the fundamentals of the game. He was known as a "prognosticator of baseball". Two of his proudest achievements were winning the boys state volleyball tournament and robbing Arley Pues of a home run. He stuck by the Packers through the down years, making sure not to miss a moment with his sister Pam. Bruce enjoyed taking walks, spending time with his family, and spending time doing yard work and gardening.
He is survived by his sons: Brad (Jessica) Specht and their sons, Tyler, AJ, and Jacob; Scott and his son Jaxon; Colin (special friend Beth Bogenschutz); his former wife Sharon Specht; his sister Pam (David) Mason; his nephews Edmund (Jill) Mason and his son Jake; and Andrew Mason; and Bruce's special friend Diane Meulemans. He is preceded in death by his parents and his friend Mike Grogan.
Funeral Services for Bruce will be held on Friday, August 28, 2015, at 4:00 p.m. at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL at ST. MARY CHURCH. A time of visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. until the time of services. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in his name. Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1968.
Bradley Aan Specht
Kerri Elizabeth Blair
F, b. December 31, 1900, d. August 31, 1994
- Birth: Theresa Helein was born on December 31, 1900 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and George H Nieland were married on October 30, 1923 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Theresa Helein died on August 31, 1994, at age 93.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.