Family: Eric L Smith (b. November 17, 1975, d. October 25, 2008)
Kenneth D Smith
M, b. May 9, 1945, d. November 1, 2010
- Birth: Kenneth D Smith was born on May 9, 1945.
- Marriage: He was married on October 17, 1970.
- Death: He died on November 1, 2010, at age 65, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kenneth D. Smith, age 65, died unexpectedly on Monday, November 1, 2010, at St. Elizabeth Hospital. He was born May 9, 1945, son of the late Paul and Helen (Ball) Smith. On October 17, 1970, Ken married the former Darleen Werner, the couple lived in the Fox Valley most of their married lives. He was a sailor in the U.S. Navy. Ken worked for Appleton Papers retiring in 2007 after 20 years of service. He is a big Green Bay Packers fan. Ken was an avid golfer and enjoyed playing with his brother-in-law and son. In his younger years he played softball and recently enjoyed watching his grandson play baseball. Ken enjoyed playing bingo at Oneida Casino.
He is survived by his loving wife of 40 years plus two weeks, Darleen, Darboy; one daughter, Vickie Smith, Appleton, and her son, Devon; one son, Jason (Lynette) Smith, Wisconsin Dells; one sister-in-law, Judy Smith, Little Chute; two sisters and one brother-in-law: Cynthia (Bill) Terry, Kaukauna, and Linda Smith, Illinois. He is further survived by his wife's family: Gordon Nehring, Diana (Fred) Perna, Darwin (Sherry) Werner, Robert Nehring, numerous nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Nyah Smith; two brothers and a sister-in-law: Paul (Lyn) and Larry; a sister, Carolyn Elmer, three nephews: Sean Terry, Eric Smith, and Dwayne Elmer; and his mother-in-law, Jean Nehring.
Funeral Services for Ken will be at 11 a.m. on Friday, November 5, 2010, at Immanuel United Church of Christ, 510 Sullivan Ave., Kaukauna, with Pastor Melinda Feller officiating. Friends may call on Thursday, November 4, 2010, at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Dr., Kaukauna, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and again on Friday directly at church from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund in Ken's name is being established. Burial will take place in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna.
M, d. yes
- Death: Paul Smith died yes.
F, b. August 15, 1939, d. July 18, 1998
- Birth: Carolyn Smith was born on August 15, 1939.
- Death: She died on July 18, 1998, at age 58.
Marshall W Elmer
M, b. July 28, 1937, d. December 22, 2011
- Birth: Marshall W Elmer was born on July 28, 1937 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 22, 2011, at age 74.
- Burial: He was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Note: Marshall W. Elmer, 74, Larsen, died Thursday, Dec. 22, 2011, at home. He was born July 28, 1937, in Neenah, to the late Harry and Clara (Seelow) Elmer. For many years Marshall lived in Menasha, where he ran a motorcycle shop and a bar. He loved rebuilding British and Italian motorcycles, his cats and spending time with his motorcycle friends.
Marshall is survived by two daughters, Barbara and Marsha; two brothers and three sisters, David Elmer, Neenah; Wally (Barbara) Elmer, Oshkosh; Marianne (Harold) Zastrow, Juneau; Marge Elmer, Oshkosh; and Sally Elmer, Appleton.
Along with his parents, Marshall was also preceded in death by two children, Duane and Joann; and an infant brother, Carlton.
Cremation will take place and a graveside service and inurnment will be held at a later date at Oak Hill Cemetery in Neenah.
Mueller Funeral Home
904 E. Main St.
Winneconne, WI 54986
Please submit online
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on December 25, 2011.
Ernest Harold Janssen
M, b. May 14, 1905, d. October 15, 1954
- Birth: Ernest Harold Janssen was born on May 14, 1905 in Allouez, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen Arlene Laduron were married in 1929.
- Death: Ernest Harold Janssen died on October 15, 1954, at age 49, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Helen Arlene Laduron
F, b. March 17, 1910, d. April 29, 2001
Family 2: Leo Jelinske (b. February 12, 1897, d. July 20, 1974)
- Birth: Helen Arlene Laduron was born on March 17, 1910.
- Marriage: She and Ernest Harold Janssen were married in 1929.
- Marriage: Helen Arlene Laduron and Leo Jelinske were married in June 1958.
- Death: Helen Arlene Laduron died on April 29, 2001, at age 91, in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
Gail Edwin Janssen
M, b. December 11, 1930, d. June 2, 2005
- Birth: Gail Edwin Janssen was born on December 11, 1930 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 23, 1953 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 2, 2005, at age 74.
- Burial: He was buried in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
Dean Francis Janssen
M, b. October 11, 1929, d. January 22, 2013
- Birth: Dean Francis Janssen was born on October 11, 1929 in Oconto, Oconto Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Pauline Mary Thornton were married on September 29, 1951.
- Death: Dean Francis Janssen died on January 22, 2013, at age 83.
- Note: Dean Francis Janssen age 83 of Waupaca. Loving husband, caring father and wonderful grandfather and great-grandfather, was born to eternal life on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 with his loving wife at his side. Beloved husband of Pauline for 62 years, their devotion and love for one another was an inspiration for all who knew them. His family will cherish his loving memory
Dean was born on October 11, 1929 in Oconto to the late Ernest and Helen Janssen. After graduating from Oconto High School, Dean studied at St. Norbert College. On September 29, 1951 he married Pauline Thornton. They lived in De Pere, Wisconsin with their growing family before moving to Waupaca in 1968. Dean was employed as Plant Manager at Filter Materials from 1968-1976. He worked at Waupaca Foundry from 1976-1993 and retired as Personnel Manager. Dean was very active in the Waupaca Chamber of Commerce, Waupaca Industrial Development Corporation and the Waupaca Nomads. He was an avid baseball and softball player and enjoyed woodworking, golfing, gardening and watching sports on television, especially the Wisconsin Badgers and Green Bay Packers. Dean was also a strong supporter of Waupaca High School sports teams.
He is survived by his wife Pauline, daughters Mary (William) Bokath, Overland Park, KS, Lynn Janssen, Amherst Junction, Deanna Janssen, Waukesha, Gina (Nick) Trzebiatowski, Amherst Junction, and Jill Janssen, Amsterdam, Netherlands; sons Michael (Susan) Janssen, Fairfield Glade, TN, Stephen (Cathy) Janssen, Appleton, Paul (Debra) Janssen, Des Moines, IA, and Mark (Rita) Janssen-Singh, Oak Park, IL; beloved father-in-law to Thomas Pionke, Waupaca and Renee Janssen, Overland Park, KS. He was preceded in death by his daughter Sandra, son Jerry, and brother Gail (Janice) Janssen. He is further survived by 18 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild, brother Leon (Betsy) Janssen, and other relatives and dear friends.
Dean's family wishes to extend a thank you to Dr. Earl Anderson, Dr. William Guenther, Dr. Editha Krueger and the staff at Park Vista and the Martha Siekman Cancer Center at Appleton Medical Center for their wonderful care and compassion.
The family would also like to extend a special thank you to Dr. Jerry Salan for his friendship, advocacy and tireless support of Dean and Pauline during this difficult time.
A celebration of his life will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM at St. Mary Magdalene Church, Waupaca, Father Paul Vanden Hogen officiating. Burial will follow in the parish cemetery. Visitation will be on Friday evening from 4:00 - 7:00 PM at the Holly Funeral Home in Waupaca and also on Saturday morning from 9:30 AM until the time of Mass at the church. A memorial fund has been established in Dean's name.
Pauline Mary Thornton
F, b. June 30, 1930, d. May 11, 2017
- Birth: Pauline Mary Thornton was born on June 30, 1930.
- Marriage: She and Dean Francis Janssen were married on September 29, 1951.
- Death: Pauline Mary Thornton died on May 11, 2017, at age 86.
- Note: Pauline Mary Janssen (née Thornton), age 86, of Waupaca, devoted Mother, proud grandmother and great-grandmother, and kind-hearted sister, was born to eternal life on Thursday, May 11, 2017 with her loving children at her side. Beloved wife of Dean, who preceded her in death, their devotion and love for one another is an inspiration for all who knew them.
Pauline was born on July 30, 1930 to the late Paul and Elizabeth Thornton. After attending Laona High School, Pauline graduated as a Registered Nurse from St. Mary's Hospital School of Nursing. On September 29, 1951 she married Dean Janssen. They lived in De Pere, Wisconsin with their growing family before moving to Waupaca in 1968. She was able to balance the demands of raising 11 children while remaining active in her nursing career. She had a passion for researching family genealogy. She will be affectionately remembered for her warm and gentle spirit.
She is survived by daughters Mary (William) Bokath, Overland Park, KS, Lynn (Norm) Janssen, Amherst Junction, Deanna Janssen, Waukesha, Gina (Nick) Trzebiatowski, Amherst Junction, and Jill Janssen, Amsterdam, Netherlands; sons Michael (Susan) Janssen, Fairfield Glade, TN, Stephen (Cathy) Janssen, Appleton, Paul (Debra) Janssen, Des Moines, IA, and Mark (Rita) Janssen-Singh, Oak Park, IL; beloved mother-in-law to Thomas Pionke and Renee Janssen. She was preceded in death by daughter Sandra, son Jerry and brothers Robert, Paul and Dick. She is further survived by 18 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild, sisters Lyna Thornton and Katy (Dale) Rosio and other relatives and dear friends.
The Funeral Mass will be held at St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church in Waupaca at 11 AM on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017, with Father Amalraj Roche, officiating. Interment be in St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Cemetery at a later date. Visitation will be held on Tuesday, from 4 until 7 PM at the Holly Funeral Home in Waupaca and on Wednesday, from 10 AM until the time of the service at the church.
In lieu of flowers, memorials to Stand Up To Cancer are appreciated.
The family would like to give a special thanks to the staff at Park Vista, Dr. Earl Anderson and Dr. William Guenther and staff for their continued care.
Shane Alan Stedl
M, b. March 7, 1970, d. June 1, 2010
- Birth: Shane Alan Stedl was born on March 7, 1970 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on June 1, 2010, at age 40, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Shane A. Stedl, age 40, of Cecil, passed away Tuesday, June 1, 2010, in Green Bay. Born on March 7, 1970 in Menominee, MI, he was the son of Jess Stedl and Rebecca (Vander Weyst) Stedl.
After graduating from Freedom High School, Shane worked as a salesman in the food service industry. He was united in marriage to Lori Goeldner in Milwaukee and was a member of Shawano United Methodist Church. Shane was an avid Nascar fan and enjoyed fishing, horse racing and football. But his biggest joy was spending time with his daughter, Allie.
Shane is survived by his daughter, Allie Rose; father, Jess (Donna) Stedl of MI; mother, Rebecca (very special friend, Dick Williams) Stedl of Cecil; brother, Shanon (special friend, Ann) Stedl of Appleton; stepbrother, Scott Ross of Battle Creek, MI; grandmother, Arlean Stedl of Little Chute; aunts and uncles, Rachel (David) Annis, William (Pat) Vander Weyst, Robert (Paula) Vander Weyst, Rose (Don) Kasten, Kalla (Larry) Spaeth; special God parents, Rose Kasten and Robert Vander Weyst; his former wife, Lori; and will be sadly missed by his dog, Kate.
Shane was preceded in death by grandparents, Joseph and Rita Vander Weyst and Victor Stedl.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 5, 2010, at the Shawano Methodist Church with the Rev. Domnik Israel officiating. A gathering of family and friends will be held at the church on Saturday after 1 p.m. until the time of the service.
Daddy, we were special buddies and I love you very much and I will remember you always. — Spark (Allie)