M, b. March 22, 1861, d. February 5, 1920
- Birth: John Doherty was born on March 22, 1861.
- Death: He died on February 5, 1920, at age 58.
Sister Mary Ellen Loehlein
F, b. January 6, 1945, d. August 27, 1998
- Birth: Sister Mary Ellen Loehlein was born on January 6, 1945.
- Death: She died on August 27, 1998, at age 53.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Family Convent Cemetery, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Occupation: She was a Manitowoc Franciscan Sister.
M, b. July 6, 1929, d. March 11, 2009
- Birth: William Eckhardt was born on July 6, 1929.
- Death: He died on March 11, 2009, at age 79, in Brookfield, Waukesha Co, Wisconsin.
Kenneth M DeCleene
M, b. February 10, 1924, d. April 4, 2016
- Birth: Kenneth M DeCleene was born on February 10, 1924 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Louetta Sanders were married on July 10, 1948 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Kenneth M DeCleene died on April 4, 2016, at age 92.
- Note: Kenneth M. DeCleene, 92, passed away at Collier Lutheran Hospice on April 4, 2016 after a short illness.
He was born on February 10, 1924 to Bernard and Florence (Dougherty) DeCleene in De Pere, WI. He was a graduate of De Pere High School, class of 1942.
He entered the service in 1943 where he served his country as a radio operator and gunner on the B-24 Liberator Bomber "Whiskey Jingles" in the 453rd Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force, 2nd Air Division. He was awarded the Air Medal for "Meritorious Achievement" in aerial combat. He earned his bachelor's degree in physics, after studying at Stanford and Oklahoma University and then graduating from St. Norbert College in 1948.
On July 10, 1948, Ken married Louetta Sanders, the love of his life at St. Boniface Catholic Church, De Pere. He worked his entire career at Wisconsin Public Service retiring in 1986 after 38 years with the company as Electric Distribution Services Supervisor.
Ken always had a smile on his face, and laughter in his heart. He enjoyed life and spending time with family and friends. He was an avid reader, enjoyed traveling, bowling, golf and playing cards. He loved sports and following his favorite professional and college teams.
He is survived by daughters Karen Bettis, Beth (Tim) Vann, and Mary Pat Hallstrom, grandchildren Carrie Scharris, Kelly Bettis, Eric Vann, Emily and Hannah Hallstrom. He is further survived by his sister Dolores Eckhart, brothers-in-law Lloyd Sanders and Bob VanDyck, sisters-in-law Melba Sanders and Bonnie Sanders, as well as three great grandchildren, numerous nieces and nephews. Ken was preceded in death by his wife Louetta DeCleene, siblings Clem DeCleene, Clarence (Rusty) DeCleene, Ray DeCleene, and Mary Kay Hartel.
Ken was a wonderful husband and father and will be sadly missed and fondly remembered by his family.
A memorial mass will be held at St. Norbert College Chapel (old St. Joseph Church), on Friday May 20, at 1:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Disabled American Veterans - Chapter 3, 1253 Schuering Road - Suite A, De Pere, WI.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on May 15, 2016.
Clarence B DeCleene
M, b. March 30, 1918, d. March 13, 1989
- Birth: Clarence B DeCleene was born on March 30, 1918 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 13, 1989, at age 70, in Ballwin, St Louis Co, Missouri.
M, b. November 23, 1920, d. September 28, 1932
- Birth: Clement DeCleene was born on November 23, 1920 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 28, 1932, at age 11, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
Mary Catherine DeCleene
F, b. February 26, 1927, d. July 8, 1988
- Birth: Mary Catherine DeCleene was born on February 26, 1927 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roland R Hartel were married on July 8, 1950.
- Death: Mary Catherine DeCleene died on July 8, 1988, at age 61.
Roland R Hartel
M, b. September 26, 1920, d. February 17, 1983
- Birth: Roland R Hartel was born on September 26, 1920.
- Marriage: He and Mary Catherine DeCleene were married on July 8, 1950.
- Death: Roland R Hartel died on February 17, 1983, at age 62, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Jeffrey T Nooyen
Joyce Ann Hanegraaf
F, b. June 8, 1930, d. March 29, 2012
- Birth: Joyce Ann Hanegraaf was born on June 8, 1930.
- Marriage: She and George E Schommer were married in October 1948.
- Death: Joyce Ann Hanegraaf died on March 29, 2012, at age 81, in Waikoloa, Hawaii.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Joyce Schommer, age 82, passed away on Thursday, March 29, 2012, in Waikoloa, Hawaii. On June 8, 1929, Joyce was born the daughter of the late John and Anne (VanderLoop) Hanegraaf. Joyce was united in marriage to George E. Schommer in October of 1948; he preceded her in death on September 10, 1996.
Joyce will be missed by her loving children: Steven (Christa) Schommer, Terrance (Christine) Schommer, Deborah (Charles) Kaili, Rebecca (Timothy) Powers, Anne (Joseph) Petit; her grandchildren: Patricia, Sarah, Sally, Wendy, Jason, Justin, Michelle, Krista, Ryan, Nathan, Christopher, Dustin, Tiffany, Leah, and Cody; 14 great-grandchildren with one on the way; her sister, Virginia Schermitzler; a sister-in-law, Betty Schommer; brothers-in-law: Clair "Butch" (Marilyn) Schommer and Robert Nackers.
Visitation will be held from 8:30 am until 10:30 am on Monday, April 9, 2012 at Martens-Laemmrich Funeral Home, 312 Milwaukee Street, Menasha. A Graveside Service will be held at 11:30 am at St. Mary Cemetery on Racine Street in the Town of Menasha.
WE LOVE YOU MOM!
YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED!
Sign the guest book or light a candle in memory of Joyce at: www.martens-laemmrich
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from April 1 to April 4, 2012.
George E Schommer
M, b. February 22, 1925, d. September 10, 1996
- Birth: George E Schommer was born on February 22, 1925.
- Marriage: He and Joyce Ann Hanegraaf were married in October 1948.
- Death: George E Schommer died on September 10, 1996, at age 71.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Robert Keith Schermitzler
M, b. June 20, 1936, d. February 16, 2000
- Birth: Robert Keith Schermitzler was born on June 20, 1936.
- Death: He died on February 16, 2000, at age 63, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert K. Schermitzler
Age 63, died on Wednesday, February 16, 2000 at the Franciscan Health Care Center. He was born on June 20, 1936, in Outagamie County to the late Orvis and Carolyn (Babcock) Schermitzler. On May 18, 1982, he married Virginia "Jeannie" A. Haanegraf Cotter. Robert was a member of Valley Harvest Church. He also worked for many years for Thilmany's Paper Company.
He will be sadly missed by his wife, Virginia "Jeannie", daughters Laure (Thad) Willemsen, Menasha; Sandy Bauernfeind, Appleton; stepchildren, Daniel (Kathy) Cotter, Kimberly; Paula (Mike) Mantefeul, Shiocton; grandchildren: Amanda and Adam Willemsen, Sheila, Nathaniel and Betsy Bauernfeind, step-grandchildren: Matthew and Nathan Cotter, Ashley and Andrew; brothers William (Marilyn) Schermitzler, Kaukauna; John (Gayle) Schermitzler, Neilsville; a sister, Nancy Schneider, Appleton; other relatives and friends. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a brother-in-law, Kenny Schneider.
The funeral will be on Monday, Febrary 21, 2000 at 7 p.m. at the Valley Funeral Home. The visitation will be at the home from 4 p.m. until the time of the service. Memorials are appreciated to the American Lung Association. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery in Kaukauna.
Appleton Post-Crescent - February 18, 2000.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1955.
Matthew Lee Amerson
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
George R Behrendt
M, b. November 28, 1925, d. September 20, 2014
- Birth: George R Behrendt was born on November 28, 1925 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Audrey M Behrendt were married on August 17, 1955.
- Death: George R Behrendt died on September 20, 2014, at age 88, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: George R. Behrendt, age 88, of Seymour passed away on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at American Grand Assisted Living in Kaukauna. He was born in Marinette on November 28, 1925 son of the late George A. and Mary (Rocket) Behrendt.
George enlisted in the US Navy and was a veteran of WWII. He was a member of the Seymour American Legion Post #106.
George graduated from UW Whitewater with a Bachelor's degree and later earned his Master's degree from UW Madison. He was a teacher in the Seymour Community School District for 38 years along with many of his good friends in the Investment Club.
On August 17, 1955 he was united in marriage to Audrey Behrendt. She preceded him in death on April 28, 2012.
George was a member of St. John Catholic Church where he was a communion distributor at mass and to the parish shut-ins, and was a 4th Degree member of the Knights of Columbus.
He enjoyed gardening, hunting trips with his family, fishing the hard-fighting smallies, and putting puzzles together. George and Audrey also traveled to many destinations in the U.S. and abroad.
George was also proud to be a big Packer and Brewer fan. He will be remembered for his enjoyment of making people laugh with his humor and wit.
Survivors include his daughter, Karen (Bill Jr.) Goffard, Kimberly; sons: Gregg (Wendy) Behrendt, Green Bay; and Paul (Lisa) Behrendt, Little Chute; grandchildren: Kyle (fiancé Hannah), Nick, and Michael Brouillard, Bre Behrendt, Brandon and Leah Behrendt; sisters: Patricia McGuire, Arizona; Anita (Fred) Ciatta, Florida; and Mary (Robert) VanDyck, Arizona; brothers: Jerome Behrendt, Kimberly; and Mike (Liz) Behrendt, Arkdale, WI. Further survived by sisters-in-law: Linda Behrendt, Ohio; Janet (Larry) Rohloff, Black Creek; and Marjorie Engel, Bonduel; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends.
He was preceded in death by his sister, Florence (Joe) Theis and brother, John Behrendt; brothers-in-law, John Engel and Joe McGuire; and sister-in-law, Donna Behrendt.
Friends may call at St. John's Catholic Church, Seymour, on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 from 3 pm until the Mass of Christian Burial at 6 pm with Fr. Bob Kabat officiating. Military honors will follow the mass. Burial will take place in the parish cemetery.
Muehl-Boettcher Funeral Home, Seymour, is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be expressed at www.muehlboettcher.com
The family would like to thank St. John's Parish, Fr. Bob Kabat, Deacon Rich Matuszak, and the late Deacon Orville DeBruin; all the volunteers from Meals on Wheels, caregivers: Lisa, Pam, and Sandi; special friends, Margaret Cismoski and Harold Tech for their help over the years; and also his former students (Dad enjoyed being invited to all the reunions). We appreciate the special care given to our Dad by the staff at Amercian Grand Assisted Living.