Clayton X LeMere
F, b. June 10, 1920, d. January 1, 2005
- Birth: Lydia Duffek was born on June 10, 1920 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Owen Timothy Hardy were married on September 9, 1944.
- Death: Lydia Duffek died on January 1, 2005, at age 84, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Sunday, January 2, 2005
Age 84, formerly of Appleton, died on Saturday, January 1, 2005 in Neenah. Lida was born June 10, 1920 to the late Frank and Barbara [Linsmeyer] Duffek, on the family farm in Seymour and following the death of her mother, she had to quit school to help raise her brothers and sisters. She had been married to Owen Hardy for 52 years; he preceded her in death January 6, 1997. Lida was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother and caregiver. She enjoyed gardening, baking, cooking and time spent with the family at the lake.
Survivors include her sons, Owen T. Hardy Jr. and James R. Hardy; her grandchildren, Tony [Denise] Hardy, Jason [Heather] Hardy, Kelly [Steve] Groat, Chip [Jennifer] Hardy and Shannon [Doug] Daniels; her great grandchildren; Amanda, Anthony, Joshua, Lakelann, Alissa, Jadyn, Isabella and Connor; also good neighbors and friends, Dave, Carol, Julie and Gloria.
She was preceded in death by her twin brother, Leo, and her sisters, Emma and Lorraine.
The funeral liturgy will be at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, January 4, 2005 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Appleton with Father Robert Karuhn officiating. Friends may call at the church on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of services. Interment will be at St. Mary Cemetery, Appleton
Wichmann Funeral Home
Celestine Delores Griesbach
F, b. March 14, 1928, d. April 15, 2008
- Birth: Celestine Delores Griesbach was born on March 14, 1928 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Francis J Hardy were married on June 29, 1948.
- Death: Celestine Delores Griesbach died on April 15, 2008, at age 80, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Patrick Cemetery, Stephensville (Northport), Wisconsin.
- Note: April 17, 2008
Hardy, Celestine "Sally"
Sally Hardy, age 80, of Hortonville, died peacefully on Tuesday, April 15, 2008, at the Good Shepherd Nursing Home in Seymour. She was born on March 14, 1928, in Greenville, daughter of the late Aloysius & Sophie (Gressel) Griesbach. On June 29, 1948, she was united in marriage to Francis J. Hardy. Sally and her husband owned and operated Hardy Holstein Heifers. She was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church and Christian Mothers in Greenville. Sally worked for several years at the food pantry and had always given of herself to others. She was also a member of the DAV Auxiliary.
She is survived by her loving husband of 60 years, Frank. Five children: Mary Lou (Ron) Breunig, Prairie du Sac; Kate Hardy, Fitchburg; Bob (Penny) Hardy, Columbia Falls, MT; John (Wendy) Hardy, Hortonville; Bernadette (Gary) Bomber, Mackville; daughter-in-law, Kathy Gelinas, Kalispel, MT; nine grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son Bill, her parents, a sister Mildred Sigl, four brothers: Leroy, Orville, Harry and Jerry Griesbach.
The Funeral Service for Sally will be held at 5 p.m. Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville. Friends may call at the church on Friday from 3 p.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery in Stephensville.
The family would like to thank the staff at Good Shepherd Nursing Home for the excellent care and affection shown to Sally for these last 3 years. Also a special thanks to all her loyal family and friends who visited her often.
Borchardt & Moder
109 W. Main St.
Thomas Nicholas Hardy
M, b. December 6, 1923, d. January 19, 1988
- Birth: Thomas Nicholas Hardy was born on December 6, 1923 in Town of Ellington, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Ione Verdine Stangfield were married on June 29, 1946 in St Mary Church, Greenville, Wisconsin.
- Death: Thomas Nicholas Hardy died on January 19, 1988, at age 64, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Monday, January 20, 1988
Thomas N. Hardy
87 Ramlen Ct.
Age 64, died suddenly at 7:33 a.m. Tuesday, January 19, 1988, at his home. He was born December 6, 1923, in the Town of Ellington, and had been an area resident all of his life. Tom was a retired owner and founder of Thomas N. Hardy Plumbing and Heating Company Inc., which he began in 1956. Tom served with the United States Army in the South Pacific Theater during World War II. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, the Knights of Columbus, the Oney Johnston-Edward Blessman American Legion Post No. 38.
Survivors include his wife, Ione V. Stangfield Hardy, to whom he had been married for 41 years; three sons and two daughters in-law; Dan Hardy, Appleton; Steve and Catherine Hardy, Appleton; Paul and Anne Hardy, Madison; five grandchildren; Katie, Elizabeth, Kristin, Nicholas and Amy; three brothers and two sisters in-law; Frank and Sally Hardy, Greenville; Owen and Lyda Hardy, and Norbert Hardy, all of Appleton; five sisters and four brothers in-law; Geraldine and Matt Rossmeissel, Maxine and Don Kramer, Patricia Besaw, Janette and Tom Woods, Ceil and Clayton LeMere, all of Appleton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Thomas C. and Cecilia Klatt Hardy.
The funeral service will be Friday, January 22, 1988 at 10:30 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Appleton with Father Jack Harper officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery. Friends may call at the Wichmann Funeral Home, Appleton from 4-8 p.m. Thursday and on Friday from 8 a.m. until the cortege leaves for the church. A prayer and scripture service will be at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Ione Verdine Stangfield
F, b. April 4, 1926, d. March 12, 2016
- Birth: Ione Verdine Stangfield was born on April 4, 1926 in Greenville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Thomas Nicholas Hardy were married on June 29, 1946 in St Mary Church, Greenville, Wisconsin.
- Death: Ione Verdine Stangfield died on March 12, 2016, at age 89, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ione Verdine Hardy, age 89, of Appleton, passed away on March 12, 2016 at home surrounded by her family. Ione was born on April 4, 1926, at her home in the Town of Greenville, Wisconsin, the daughter of Andrew and Irma (Magadanz) Stangfield. She was married to Thomas N. Hardy upon his return from the Pacific Theater in World War II on June 29, 1946, in the parsonage of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Greenville, Wisconsin.
During the war she was employed at the Valley Iron Works where she was part of the war effort to build a part of the atomic bomb. After her marriage, Ione was the bookkeeper and office manager for Thomas N. Hardy Plumbing & Heating, a position she retained until her son Steve retired in 2014. She was active in her church, Riverview Lutheran, for more than 60 years. Everybody who had the pleasure of eating her expertly prepared meals would agree that she was the best chef they had ever experienced. She rarely used any measuring devices or referred to a recipe. She passed many of her cooking skills to her children, her daughters-in-law and her grandchildren. Her children and grandchildren never failed to leave her home without a grocery bag of home cooked goodies. Many food preparation questions were answered by frantic last minute telephone calls from her family. After Ione and Tom attended the Ice Bowl in 1967, she became a fervent Green Bay Packer fan. She never missed a Wisconsin Badger football or basketball game unless it conflicted with Dancing with the Stars or Downton Abbey. Her family learned early not to call during those times. In her younger years she and Tom were enthusiastic members of the Merrymakers, a local dance club. She enjoyed playing bridge with her friends until the passage of years took its toll on the bridge club. She was an avid reader consuming several books a week until her eyesight began to fail. Her granddaughter Amy introduced her to Kindle which allowed her to continue her passion until the time of her death.
Ione is survived by her children: Dan (Marcia) of Fitchburg; Steve of Menasha; and Paul (Diane) of Madison; her grandchildren: Katie (Ryan) Butman of Chicago; Lizzie Hardy (Jesse Nicita) of Los Angeles; Kristen Hardy of Minneapolis; Amanda Hardy of Madison; Nicholas Hardy and his special friend Isabelle Bouchard of Atlanta; Rachel (Jesse) Shunk of Cottage Grove; and Alex Hoffmaster of Los Angeles; and greatgrandchildren: Aaron and Taylor Shunk and William and Henry Butman. She is also survived by her sister: Helen Baehman; sister-in-law: Joyce Stangfield; and brother-in-law: Tom Woods. She was preceded in death by her husband in 1988, her parents, her sister Arlene and her brother Gilbert. She will be dearly missed by her family and many friends.
The Christian Funeral Service for Ione will be held at 1:00 PM on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at Riverview Ev. Lutheran Church, 136 West Seymour Street in Appleton. Rev. Adam Bode will officiate. Visitation will begin at the church 11:30 AM and continue until the time of the service.
A special thank you to the staff of Heartland Hospice, Karen, Sarah, and Beth for their expert, thoughtful and compassionate care provided Ione during the last several weeks of her life. Dan and Paul extend their sincere appreciation to Steve for the many years of looking in and taking care of Ione's needs, especially in the last several months of her illness. A mother could not ask or expect more from a son. The family also thanks Rachel for putting her nursing skills to great use during Ione's final hours. Thank you Rachel.
In lieu of flowers the family requests any memorials be made to Riverview Lutheran Church, 136 W. Seymour St, Appleton, WI 54915.
For more information or to share a memory of Ione, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 15, 2016.
Joseph E Glasheen
M, b. March 25, 1919, d. February 7, 1992
- Birth: Joseph E Glasheen was born on March 25, 1919 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Excelda C Johns were married in 1949.
- Marriage: Joseph E Glasheen and Norita M Korth were married on October 15, 1968 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Joseph E Glasheen died on February 7, 1992, at age 72, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Brian C Lamers
M, b. March 8, 1973, d. April 3, 2016
- Birth: Brian C Lamers was born on March 8, 1973.
- Marriage: He was married on May 15, 2015.
- Death: He died on April 3, 2016, at age 43.
- Note: Brian Christopher Lamers, age 43, passed away on Sunday, April 3, 2016 after a brave and inspiring struggle awaiting a liver and kidney transplant. He was born to Randall and Ann (Buchinger) Lamers on March 8, 1973. He married Scott Tiedemann on May 15, 2015 after being together for 12 years. Brian graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1991 and then obtained an Associate's Degree through Fox Valley Technical College. At the height of Brian's professional career, he was responsible for marketing to a tri-state region for the student loan division of Associated Bank.
Brian's passions were sobriety, sunsets, cooking, making others happy, his three dogs (Mickey, Zachary, and Maxwell), nature hikes and camping; and his heart will always reside at his parents' cabin on White Sand Lake.
Brian is survived by his loving husband, Scott Tiedemann; his parents Randall and Ann Lamers; his brother Chad (Amy) Lamers; his sister Amber (Carlos) Torres; Parents-in-law: William and Carole Tiedemann; brother-in-law Matthew (Jill) Tiedemann; sister-in-law Stacey Winter; Goddaughter: Kendra Lamers; nieces: Brianna Lamers, Halli and Lena Rief; nephews: Trent Lamers, Sullivan Torres, future nephew Everett Torres, Harrison Tiedemann, Keaten Rief; and many other relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by paternal grandparents: Sylvan and Shirley Lamers; maternal grandparents: Leo and Rita Buchinger; uncle Rick Lamers and grandfather-in-law, Chester Hancock.
Funeral Services for Brian will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 7, 2016 at BOETTCHER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 2401 Fieldcrest Drive, Kaukauna. Visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in his name.
Brian held the Serenity Prayer deep within is heart and lived by its meaning.
We wish to express our deepest gratitude to the staff at UW-Hospital ICU; especially Dr. Sandbo, Dr. Nick, Sarah, Kallee, Dr. Aron, and "the Rachels"; UW Hospital transplant team; Dr. Rice; Select Specialty staff; Bright Star Assisted Living team; Jasmine and Lois.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Apr. 5, 2016.
- Graduation: He graduated from Kaukauna High School in 1991.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Robert J Martzahl
M, b. September 1, 1919, d. May 3, 2005
- Birth: Robert J Martzahl was born on September 1, 1919 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Celia P Lemke were married on July 22, 1941.
- Death: Robert J Martzahl died on May 3, 2005, at age 85, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Cross, Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Age 85, died Tuesday, May 3, 2005 at the Appleton Medical Center. Bob was born in Kaukauna on September 1, 1919, son of the late Walter and Katherine (Dolan) Martzahl. On July 22, 1941, he married the former Celia Lemke; she preceded him in death in 1989. During World War II, Bob served his country as a member of the United States Army, and was stationed in Europe. For over forty years, he was employed at Thilmany Pulp and Paper in Kaukauna, and retired in 1981. He enjoyed playing sheepshead, musky fishing, and was also a great bowler in his day. He enjoyed the closeness of his family, and was a proud and loving father, grandfather, and great-grandfather.
Survivors include five sons: Jon (Paula) Martzahl of Kaukauna; Ron (Karen) Martzahl of Plover; Rob Martzahl of Kaukauna and his special friend Vickie Miller; Barry (Cheryl) Martzahl of Green Bay; and Mark (Ginny) Martzahl of Darboy; thirteen grandchildren: Leslea (Brian) White, Laura Hunt, Erin (Mike) McCoy, Bryan Martzahl, Megan and Rachel Martzahl, Eric, Andrew, Nicholas, and Thomas Martzahl, Courtney and Betsy Kramer, and Alec Martzahl; seven great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law: June Richards of Michigan; a sister: Patricia Siebers of Kaukauna; a sister-in-law: Aileen Laib of Stephensville; and an aunt and uncle: Al and Vi Marzahl of Kaukauna. Bob was preceded in death by his parents, a son James Martzahl, a brother Bill (Dorothy) Martzahl, infant brothers James and David Martzahl; by sisters Lillian Hopfensperger and Mary Lappen, and brothers-in-law Dick Siebers, Don Hopfensperger, and Don Lappen.
The funeral liturgy for Bob will be held at 10:00 AM on Friday, May 6, 2005 at HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 309 Desnoyer Street in Kaukauna, with Fr. Matt Settle officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Thursday from 4:00 until 7:00 PM and again on Friday at the church from 9:00 AM until the hour of the service.
The family would like to extend their gratitude to the caregivers and physicians who cared so well for Dad. They include the staff at the Kaukauna Clinic, especially Dr. Paul Russo and the staff at Fox Valley Pulmonary Medicine, especially Dr. Maria Aristagueta.
Thank you for all of the special memories and fun times together. May the angels lead you into heaven. Be happy until we will meet again – you’ll never be forgotten.
-Your loving family.
Fargo Funeral Home 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue Kaukauna, Wisconsin 54130 920-766-6200.
Diane Kathryn Buchinger
F, b. circa 1950, d. yes
- Birth: Diane Kathryn Buchinger was born circa 1950.
- Death: She died yes.
Lois Elaine Vandenberg
F, b. March 23, 1921, d. August 22, 2011
- Birth: Lois Elaine Vandenberg was born on March 23, 1921 in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Clement Walter Wegner were married on June 26, 1943 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lois Elaine Vandenberg died on August 22, 2011, at age 90.
- Burial: She was buried in Floral Hill Cemetery, New London, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lois E. Wegner, 90, of De Pere died Monday August 22, 2011, at a local hospital. The daughter of the late George and Esther (Nass) Vandenberg was born March 23, 1921. On June 26, 1943, she married Clement Wegner at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Mishicot. He preceded her in death on December 5, 2005. Mrs. Wegner graduated from Oshkosh Teachers College and taught school. She enjoyed playing scrabble and sheepshead with her grandchildren.
Survivors include her four children, Lois and James Harvey, Ruth and Don Brasda, Mary and Felix Awantang, Peter Wegner, twelve grandchildren and three great-grandchildren, as well as one brother, Neil Vandenberg. She is also survived by Clement's family, Catherine Bertler, Robert Wegner and Joyce Wegner. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and one sister, June Retzer.
Family and friends may call at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Family, Suburban Drive at Lourdes Avenue, De Pere from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday August 26, 2011. Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the church with Father Tim Shillcox, O. Praem, officiating. Burial in Floral Hills Cemetery, New London. Please visit www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the Wegner family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from August 24 to August 25, 2011.
Clement Walter Wegner
M, b. June 26, 1914, d. December 5, 2005
- Birth: Clement Walter Wegner was born on June 26, 1914 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lois Elaine Vandenberg were married on June 26, 1943 in Mishicot, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clement Walter Wegner died on December 5, 2005, at age 91.
- Burial: He was buried in Floral Hill Cemetery, New London, Wisconsin.
- Note: December 7, 2005
Wegner, Clement W. Clement W. Wegner, age 91, of Rockland, passed away Monday evening Dec. 5, 2005, at a local nursing home. He was born June 26, 1914, in Mishicot to the late Joseph and Catherine (Metz) Wegner. On June 26, 1943, he married Lois Vandenberg at Holy Cross Catholic Church, Mishicot. Clement retired from FMC in 1977 as a machinist. He enjoyed gardening, but especially enjoyed visits from his children and grandchildren. Survivors include his wife Lois, his children Lois (James) Harvey, Hazel Green, WI.; Ruth (Don) Brasda, Osseo, WI.; Mary (Felix) Awantang, Dakar, Senegal, and Peter Wegner, Jacksonville, Fl. His grandchildren, Jammie Sue Harvey, J.C. Harvey, David Brasda, Karen Brasda, Dr. Mark Awantang, Dr. Ruth (Ephrem) Olweny, Ann Awantang, Grace Awantang, Joseph Awantang, Mary Ann Awantang, Andrew Awantang, and Ryan Wegner. His siblings further survive Clement, Louise Brault, Joe Wegner, Catherine Bertler, Robert Wegner, his sister-in-law Joyce Wegner and brother-in-law Neal Vandenberg. He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers John Wegner, and Lawrence (Esther) Wegner; his brother-in-laws Radolph Brault, George Bertler; his sister in laws Mabel Wegner, and Ruth Wegner. He was further preceded in death by Lois's family Ralph (June) Retzer, and Lois Vandenberg. Friends may call after 9:30 am Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005, at the RYAN FUNERAL HOME, 305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, until the time of service at 11:30 a.m. with Fr. Tim Shillcox O.Praem Officiating. Burial will take place in Floral Hill Cemetery, New London. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to express online condolences to the family.
Neil Roy Vandenberg
Leone M Janssen
F, b. February 15, 1918, d. May 2, 2010
- Birth: Leone M Janssen was born on February 15, 1918 in Chippewa County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Oswald Willkom were married on October 30, 1940 in Boyd, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Leone M Janssen died on May 2, 2010, at age 92.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Boyd, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 14, 1927, d. August 11, 1979
- Birth: Maryann Vandenberg was born on January 14, 1927.
- Death: She died on August 11, 1979, at age 52.
Sylvester Peter Licht
M, b. October 13, 1897, d. July 10, 1972
- Birth: Sylvester Peter Licht was born on October 13, 1897 in Boyd, Chippewa Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary Anne Vandenberg were married on October 7, 1919 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sylvester Peter Licht died on July 10, 1972, at age 74, in Preston, Franklin Co, Idaho.
M, b. 1896, d. November 14, 1942
- Birth: Karl Heggen was born in 1896.
- Death: He died on November 14, 1942, at age ~46.
Mary Therese Heggen
Ethel Gertrude Rice
F, b. January 1882
- Birth: Ethel Gertrude Rice was born in January 1882 in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Isadore Jacob Jansen were married on April 2, 1902 in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
Patricia Ann Smith
Ronald J Newhouse