F, b. October 23, 1923, d. February 1, 2018
- Birth: Dorothy Boser was born on October 23, 1923 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roland C Griepentrog were married on September 26, 1942 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Dorothy Boser died on February 1, 2018, at age 94.
- Note: De Pere - Dorothy M. (Sis) Griepentrog, 94, 430 Grant St. #125, DePere died Feb 1. Sis was born October 22, 1923, in the town of Lawrence to the late Frank and Cora (Lambie) Boser. Dorothy married Roland C. Griepentrog on September 26, 1942 at St. John's Lutheran church, Wrightstown. They enjoyed many years together. Roland and Sis farmed in the town of Glenmore on Morrison Road all their working lives and enjoyed most of their retirement there. Sis worked as an aide for the DePere school district and as a 4-H leader.
Children and spouses Gary and Judy Griepentrog, DePere, WI; Shawn Usha (Rodney Griepentrog) and Sheila Gerzoff, Berkeley, CA; Tammy and Michael Raymaker, Powder Springs, GA. A private service was held for the immediate family at Nickel Funeral Home, Morrison.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Feb. 11, 2018.
Roland C Griepentrog
M, b. April 6, 1917, d. January 9, 2006
- Birth: Roland C Griepentrog was born on April 6, 1917.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy Boser were married on September 26, 1942 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Roland C Griepentrog died on January 9, 2006, at age 88.
- Note: January 12, 2006
Griepentrog, Roland C. Roland C. Griepentrog, 88, De Pere, died peacefully Monday, Jan. 9, 2006. He was born April 6, 1917, the second of four sons to the late Frank and Marie (Treichel) Griepentrog. Roland married Dorothy (Sis) Boser on Sept. 26, 1942, at St. John's Lutheran Church, Wrightstown. They enjoyed more than 63 happy years together. Roland and Sis farmed in the town of Glenmore on Morrison Road all their working lives and enjoyed most of their retirement there. Roland enjoyed riding his snowmobile, moped and ATV around the neighborhood before they moved to West De Pere six years ago. Roland was a lifetime member of Morrison Zion Lutheran Church. Survivors include his wife, Sis; children and their spouses, Gary and Judy Griepentrog, De Pere; Shawn Usha (Rodney Griepentrog) and Sheila Gerzoff, Berkeley, Calif.; Tammy and Michael Raymaker, Powder Springs, Ga., and their children, Chanda and Jenny and Chanda's son, Gavin; grandchildren, Kira and Eric Shockley, Oshkosh, Wis.; Lora Griepentrog and Todd Corell and Lora's children Ben, Kevin and Rebecca Klawitter, Berlin, Wis.; further survived by one brother and two sisters-in-law, Gordon and Delores Griepentrog, Morrison; Verna Griepentrog, Greenleaf; one sister-in-law, Lucille Larsen, Green Bay; nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends. Roland was preceded in death by two brothers, Sylvester and LeRoy Griepentrog; father-in-law, mother-in-law, Frank and Cora Boser; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Hank and Laura De Bruin, Bill and Margaret Fink, Art and Putz Osterloh, Francis and Fern Boser; and a great-grandson, Greg Klawitter. Friends may call after 12:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 13, 2006, at Zion Lutheran Church, 7395 County Road W, Morrison, until time of service. Funeral service 2:30 p.m. at the church with Rev. Randy Ott officiating. Burial in the church cemetery. Nickel Funeral Home, Morrison, assisting the family.
Lucille Florence Boser
F, b. August 14, 1916, d. December 28, 2009
- Birth: Lucille Florence Boser was born on August 14, 1916 in Town of Lawrence, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Chester Rollyn Larsen were married on July 12, 1941 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lucille Florence Boser died on December 28, 2009, at age 93.
- Note: December 30, 2009
Larsen, Mrs. Lucille Florence (Boser)
A Celebration of My Life, Not My Death
Mrs. Lucille Florence (Boser) Larsen, 93, passed away peacefully Monday afternoon, Dec. 28, 2009, with several of her children present. Lucille was born on Aug. 14, 1916, in the Town of Lawrence, Brown County, to the late Frank and Cora (Lambie) Boser. She graduated from Nicolet High School in 1933 and from Outagamie Rural Normal School in 1934. She taught school for several years and later married Chester Rollyn Larsen on July 12, 1941, at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Wrightstown, Wis. He preceded her in death Dec. 13, 1958. In 1968, she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education from UW-Oshkosh and taught 16 years at the Denmark Jr. High School, retiring in 1979.
She belonged to the Brown County Retired Teachers, the Wisconsin State Retired Teachers, and the National Retired Teachers Association. She was also a long-time member of Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Denmark.
Lucille is survived by seven children and their spouses, Ronald and Beverly Larsen, Bellevue; Rita and Jon Angeli, Lancaster; Barbara Krouse, Bellevue; Bruce and Marlene Larsen, Green Bay; Gail Larsen and Bill Blount, Lockeford, Calif.; Kenneth and Carole Larsen, Allouez; and Kevin and Mary Larsen, Bellevue. She is also survived by 15 grandchildren, Rhonda (Aaron) Hilgenberg, Alethea (Steve) Sment, Curt (Jodi) Angeli, Marcia (Mark) Opitz, Michele (Ed) Murphy, Jeff (Jenna) Hermes, Steve (Angie) Larsen, Sheri (Kevin) Fromolz, Shannon (Greg) Longrie, Carrie (Craig) Hanke, Brett (Kris) Goral, Kenneth Larsen Jr. (friend, Lindsay), Erin Larsen (friend, Al), Christian Larsen (friend, Rachel), and Betsy Larsen, plus 22 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. Also surviving are eight step- grandchildren and 21 step-great-grandchildren. One sister survives her, Dorothy (Sis) Griepentrog, De Pere; also numerous nieces and nephews.
Lucille joins in Heaven her parents; her husband, Chester; a son, Gregg, June 1974; a son-in-law, Roger Krouse, September 2009; her sisters and brothers-in-law, Laura and Henry De Bruin, Margaret and Bill Fink, Lorraine (Putz) and Art Osterloh, Roland Griepentog; a brother and sister-in-law, Francis (Bub) and Fern Boser; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Raymond and Gertrude Larsen, Beatrice and Earl Antcliff; also many close friends and neighbors.
Among her many interests and hobbies, Lucille enjoyed reading (which she passed on to all her children), nature, travel, and sports — a Packer fan and season ticket holder from early '50s — she loved the Packers! She also enjoyed eating out with friends and with the "Birthday Bunch." The major interest in her life was her family — they rated tops in all the gatherings celebrating important events in the family. She is grateful to three special nieces (Putz's daughters), Pat, Sue and Eva, for their hospitality when she was a guest in their homes.
Lucille and her family would like to thank the staff at Bellevue Retirement Community for their wonderful care since her move there in February of 2005. Also, special thanks to Mom's team of Angels from Unity Hospice, especially Sharon and Molly. A special thank you to Dr. Amy James, Dr. Jennifer Lynch and the nurses and staff of Bellin Cancer Center. Additionally, thank you to all Mom's friends and numerous others for their support and care.
Visitation will be at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason Street, Green Bay, on Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009 from 4 to 8 p.m. Visitation will continue on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2009, at 9:30 a.m. at Our Savior's Lutheran Church, Denmark, until the funeral service at 10:30 a.m. Online condolences may be sent to the Larsen family at www.prokowall.com.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
Our Mom was the guiding force in our lives for so many years. One of her major tenets in how to live your life was to take responsibility for your actions. There are no words that can express our loss — there are only the many memories we have of her over the years. She will be forever in our hearts. We love you, Mom!
Chester Rollyn Larsen
M, b. December 17, 1913, d. December 13, 1958
- Birth: Chester Rollyn Larsen was born on December 17, 1913.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Florence Boser were married on July 12, 1941 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Chester Rollyn Larsen died on December 13, 1958, at age 44.
F, b. August 13, 1920, d. December 1, 1998
- Birth: Lorraine Boser was born on August 13, 1920.
- Death: She died on December 1, 1998, at age 78.
M, b. November 13, 1913, d. December 17, 1991
- Birth: Ardeal Osterloh was born on November 13, 1913.
- Death: He died on December 17, 1991, at age 78.
Patrick Leo Calaway
M, b. March 17, 1934, d. November 16, 2004
- Birth: Patrick Leo Calaway was born on March 17, 1934 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 16, 2004, at age 70.
Bonnie Rae Pansier
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Paul J Calaway
M, b. February 24, 1943, d. December 27, 2015
- Birth: Paul J Calaway was born on February 24, 1943.
- Death: He died on December 27, 2015, at age 72.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Paul J. Calaway, 72, De Pere, died Sunday afternoon December 27, 2015 after a short illness. He was born February 24, 1943 to the late Frank and Catherine (Rottier) Calaway. Paul's parents died when he was young and was then raised by Felix and Mame Calaway. He was a graduate of West De Pere High School in 1962, and served his country in the U.S. Army from 1964 to 1966. On June 17, 1967 he married Nancy Webb in Eau Galle, WI. Paul started his trucking career with Packerland Trucking and retired from Roger Bowers Construction, a job he truly enjoyed. Paul also enjoyed fishing, hunting, and a good game of cards. He proudly served as a volunteer firefighter for 21 years with the Town of Lawrence.
Paul is survived by his wife Nancy, his children; Margaret (Mike) Pierog, Shannon (Wade) Smith, as well as his grandchildren; Johanna Bixby, Dalton and Evan Pierog, Corbin Calaway, Peyton , Amy, and Carlee Smith. He is further survived by his siblings; Jim (Dianne) Calaway, Ann (Carl) VanDerLinden, Gen (Don) Quinette, Irma (Bob) Ulmen, Ron (Barb) Calaway, as well as numerous, cousins, nieces, nephews, and Nancy's family.
Paul was preceded in death by his birth parents; Frank and Catherine Calaway, his aunt and uncle who raised him; Felix and Mame Calaway, as well as his son Corey, and his siblings; Francis, Robert, Peter, Patricia, Patrick, Mark, Clara, Louise, Neil, Ken, and Jerome.
Friends may call at RYAN FUNERAL HOME 305 N. Tenth Street De Pere from 4 - 7PM on Wednesday December 30, 2015. Visitation will continue after 8:30AM Thursday at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Family, corner of Lourdes Ave. and Suburban Drive, De Pere, until the Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30AM with Fr. Tim Shillcox O.Praem officiating. Burial will take place in Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family.
Louise Ann Calaway
F, b. January 22, 1942, d. December 8, 2010
- Birth: Louise Ann Calaway was born on January 22, 1942.
- Marriage: She and Donald W Miske were married on December 26, 1963 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Louise Ann Calaway died on December 8, 2010, at age 68.
- Burial: She was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Louise Ann (Calaway) Miske, 68, Allouez, went to Heaven peacefully on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2010. She was born Jan. 22, 1942, to the late Frank and Katherine Calaway.
Louise married her loving husband of 45 years, Donald "Don" Miske on Dec. 26, 1964, at St. Willebrord Catholic Church, Green Bay, and he preceded her in death on Feb. 8, 2010. Throughout life, Louise enjoyed gardening, fishing, arts and crafts, and snowmobiling. She was a talented cook and seamstress, and enjoyed spending time at the family cottage.
Survivors include her children and grandchildren, Bill Miske and his children, Andy and Stephanie and their mother, Julie Miske, Green Bay; and Brenda (Randy) Carter and their children, Erika and Ethan, De Pere; brothers, Jim (Dianne) Calaway and Paul (Nancy) Calaway; sisters, Patricia Goffard, Ann (Carl) VanderLinden; sisters-in-law, Arlene, Mary, Grace, Bonnie and Sally Calaway, and Arlene Oakley and June (Alfred) Pfluger; and many nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
Louise was preceded in death by a son, Brian; husband, Don; her parents; brothers, Bob, Patrick, Fran, Pete, Mark Calaway; sister, Clara Calaway; and brothers-in-law, Bob Goffard and Roy Oakley.
Friends may call Saturday, Dec. 11, 2010, from 9 a.m. until the hour of Mass at St. Matthew Catholic Church, 130 St. Matthew St., Allouez. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 a.m. Saturday at church, with Fr. Larry J. Seidl officiating. Interment will be in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, De Pere. Cotter Funeral Home, De Pere, is assisting the family. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
The family extends a warm thank you to San Luis Medical, Unity Hospice, NEW Curative Workshop, and family and friends for all the loving support and care give to Louise and her family.
- Father: Rueben Dix (b. August 14, 1910, d. January 9, 1979)
- Mother: Agnes Seidel (b. November 29, 1917, d. June 25, 2011)
Donald W Miske
M, b. June 2, 1943, d. February 8, 2010
- Birth: Donald W Miske was born on June 2, 1943 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Louise Ann Calaway were married on December 26, 1963 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Donald W Miske died on February 8, 2010, at age 66.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Olivet Catholic Cemetery, De Pere, Wisconsin.
- Note: February 10, 2010
Miske, Donald W.
Donald "Don" W. Miske, 66, Allouez, passed away peacefully on Monday, Feb. 8, 2010, after a short battle with cancer. He was born on June 2, 1943 in Wrightstown to the late Victor and Nelda (Degnitz) Miske. Don married his loving wife of 45 years Louise Calaway on Dec. 26, 1963, at St. Willebroad Catholic Church, Green Bay. He was a devoted Catholic and a long time member of St. Matthew Catholic Church, Allouez. Don worked at Brillion Iron Works for 40 years until he retired. He enjoyed staying up north at his cottage, fishing, gardening, snowmobiling, fireworks, and spending time with his grandchildren. He was also an avid Packer fan.
Survivors include his wife, Louise; children and grandchildren: Bill Miske and his children, Andy and Stephanie and their mother, Julie Miske, Green Bay; and Brenda (Randy) Carter and their children, Erika and Ethan, De Pere; sisters, Arlene Oakley and June (Alfred) Pfluger; brothers-in-law: Jim (Dianne) Calaway and Paul (Nancy) Calaway; sisters-in-law: Arlene, Mary, Grace, Bonnie, and Sally Calaway, Patricia Goffard, Ann (Carl) VanderLinden; faithful walking companion, Buster; and many nieces, nephews, and other relatives.
Don was preceded in death by a son, Brian; his parents; brother, Victor Miske; brothers-in-law: Roy Oakley; Bob, Patrick, Fran, Pete, Mark Calaway; and Bob Goffard; and sister-in-law, Clara Calaway.
Family and friends may call Thursday, Feb. 11, 2010, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Cotter Funeral Home, 860 N. Webster Ave., De Pere, a parish prayer service will be held at 6 p.m. Visitation will continue on Friday at St. Matthew Catholic Church, 130 St. Matthew St., Allouez from 10 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday at the church at 11 a.m. with Rev. David Baeten officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Olivet Catholic Cemetery. Online condolences may be expressed to Don's family at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
Don's family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at Unity Hospice, Bellin Cancer Team, Bellin Hospital Staff, Dr. Davis for the 3 extra years he gave Don, Peter's Ashwaubenon Uncle Sam's Fireworks for their kindness and generosity, Jim Calaway, Lois and Claude LeDuc, Lois Piaskowski, Ann Froelich, and many other family and friends for all of the great help and compassion they have shown.
June Marie Calaway
Francis Joseph Calaway
M, b. February 10, 1928, d. April 7, 1993
- Birth: Francis Joseph Calaway was born on February 10, 1928.
- Marriage: He and Mary M Vaessen were married on June 23, 1951 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Francis Joseph Calaway died on April 7, 1993, at age 65.
Peter G Calaway
M, b. December 7, 1930, d. August 17, 2002
- Birth: Peter G Calaway was born on December 7, 1930 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 28, 1952 in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 17, 2002, at age 71, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Knollwood Memorial Gardens & Mausoleum, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Note: Calaway, Peter G.
24311 Hwy 10, Brillion
Age 71, passed away Saturday, August 17, 2002 at Ledgeview Nursing Center, De Pere following a long illness. He was born December 7, 1930 in De Pere, son of the late Frank and Katherine (Rottier) Calaway. He was married on May 28, 1952 to Grace VanderLinden at Wrightstown. Mr. Calaway farmed in Green Bay and the Greenleaf area. He then drove semi and later worked for the Brillion Iron Works for 28 years until his retirement. He was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion and the West Maple Grove Hunting Club. He is survived by his wife, Grace and his children: Loren and Katherine Vander Kinten, De Pere Richard and Brenda Calaway, Oklahoma Mark and Joan Wagner, Chilton John and Lori Calaway, Denmark Ken and Betty Kupsky, Greenleaf Joe and Debbie Calaway, Chilton Peter and Kristi Calaway, Neenah Tim and Tracy Calaway, Brillion 25 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. He is further survived by his brothers and sisters: Robert and Arlene Calaway, Mary Calaway, James and Dianne Calaway, Louise and Donald Miske, Paul and Nancy Calaway, Patrick and Bonnie Calaway, Carl and Ann VanderLinden, Sally Calaway, Patricia Goffard, many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents, a grandson, John Bowe a sister, Clara Calaway two brothers: Francis and Mark Calaway and two brothers-in-law: Robert Goffard and Joe Kramer. Funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, August 20 at Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion with the Rev. Tom Long officiating. Entombment will be in the Knollwood Mausoleum in Manitowoc. Friends may call at the Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday and then at the church on Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of service. There will be a Prayer Service at the funeral home on Monday evening beginning at 7 p.m. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established. A special thank you to St. Vincent Hospital 2nd and 7th floors, CCU, Rennes Health and to Ledgeview Health and all the nursing staff.
M, b. December 19, 1935, d. December 3, 1994
- Birth: Mark Calaway was born on December 19, 1935 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on February 27, 1960 in Allouez, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 3, 1994, at age 58, in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.