Lena A Meury
F, b. September 16, 1902, d. December 20, 1988
- Birth: Lena A Meury was born on September 16, 1902 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: She and John A VanDomelen were married on January 18, 1921.
- Death: Lena A Meury died on December 20, 1988, at age 86.
F, b. January 1888, d. November 1, 1981
- Henry John VanDomelen (b. July 3, 1912, d. September 29, 1990)
- Agnes M (Sister Emelinda) VanDomelen (b. June 8, 1914, d. January 26, 2007)
- Dorothy E VanDomelen (b. December 30, 1915)
- Robert George VanDomelen (b. November 3, 1917, d. March 6, 2001)
- Albert C VanDomelen (b. December 26, 1919, d. May 21, 1999)
- Donald W VanDomelen
- Francis Jacob VanDomelen (b. May 16, 1923, d. June 21, 1992)
- Mildred M VanDomelen
- Anna A VanDomelen
- Birth: Wilhelmina VanderZanden was born in January 1888 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: She and William Joseph VanDommelen were married on October 3, 1911 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: Wilhelmina VanderZanden died on November 1, 1981, at age 93, in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
M, b. October 1, 1882, d. July 6, 1959
Family: Elizabeth C VanDommelen (b. January 27, 1888, d. February 22, 1977)
- James Joseph VanderZanden (b. August 3, 1912, d. December 6, 1970)
- Ernest Henry VanderZanden (b. October 27, 1913, d. 1998)
- Philip James VanderZanden (b. July 16, 1915, d. April 17, 1921)
- Marie Agnes VanderZanden (b. January 31, 1917, d. July 27, 1989)
- William VanderZanden (b. 1918, d. 1918)
- Clara Mary (Peggy) VanderZanden (b. November 5, 1919, d. November 22, 1998)
- Phyllis Ann VanderZanden (b. September 8, 1921, d. January 31, 2005)
- Harold VanderZanden (b. February 11, 1923, d. June 1983)
- Norman M VanderZanden (b. October 30, 1925, d. May 2, 1998)
- Elizabeth M VanderZanden (b. June 9, 1927, d. February 27, 1974)
- Mildred C VanderZanden (b. August 16, 1929, d. 1998)
- Anthony VanderZanden (b. 1932, d. 1932)
- Barbara J VanderZanden (b. March 19, 1932, d. October 26, 2008)
- Birth: Albert VanderZanden was born on October 1, 1882 in Banks, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth C VanDommelen were married on October 3, 1911 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: Albert VanderZanden died on July 6, 1959, at age 76, in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
Pearl F Corey
F, b. October 28, 1893, d. December 25, 1970
- Birth: Pearl F Corey was born on October 28, 1893 in Glencoe, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: She and Jacob Louis VanDommelen were married on January 29, 1919 in Oregon City, Clackamas Co, Oregon.
- Death: Pearl F Corey died on December 25, 1970, at age 77, in Portland, Multnomah Co, Oregon.
William Jacob VanderZanden
M, b. March 17, 1893, d. November 21, 1980
- Birth: William Jacob VanderZanden was born on March 17, 1893 in Verboort, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: He and Louise Mary VanDommelen were married on October 5, 1920 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: William Jacob VanderZanden died on November 21, 1980, at age 87, in Forest Grove, Washington Co, Oregon.
Arthur C Vuylsteke
M, b. April 20, 1891, d. April 4, 1935
- Birth: Arthur C Vuylsteke was born on April 20, 1891 in Meulebeke, Belgium.
- Marriage: He and Theresa Mary VanDommelen were married on October 5, 1920 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: Arthur C Vuylsteke died on April 4, 1935, at age 43, in Forest Grove, Washington Co, Oregon.
Cecilia G VanderZanden
F, b. December 22, 1900, d. May 14, 1980
- Birth: Cecilia G VanderZanden was born on December 22, 1900 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Francis VanDommelen were married on December 28, 1920 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: Cecilia G VanderZanden died on May 14, 1980, at age 79, in Banks, Washington Co, Oregon.
John Martin Nielson
M, b. May 8, 1902, d. June 5, 1970
- Birth: John Martin Nielson was born on May 8, 1902 in Big Springs, Deuel Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: He and Henrietta Philippina VanDommelen were married on December 27, 1922 in Roy, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: John Martin Nielson died on June 5, 1970, at age 68, in Hillsboro, Washington Co, Oregon.
Eva H VanDommelen
F, b. July 27, 1900, d. November 9, 1957
- Birth: Eva H VanDommelen was born on July 27, 1900 in Greenville, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: She died on November 9, 1957, at age 57, in Wilsonville, Clackamas Co, Oregon.
M, b. October 21, 1799
Family: Joanna Lucia VandenElsen (b. December 13, 1805, d. November 26, 1873)
- Antoon vandeWeyer (b. February 5, 1827, d. 1855)
- Wilhelmus VandeWeijer (b. March 1, 1829, d. December 14, 1829)
- Joannes VandeWeijer (b. February 28, 1832, d. March 24, 1832)
- Johannes VandeWeijer (b. December 3, 1833, d. December 12, 1833)
- Birth: Joannes VandeWeijer was born on October 21, 1799 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Joanna Lucia VandenElsen were married on June 1, 1826 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. December 8, 1908, d. May 16, 1962
- Birth: Joanna VandenBroek was born on December 8, 1908 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 16, 1962, at age 53.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Thursday, May 17, 1962
Mrs. Martin Verkuilen 217 W. 4th St. Kaukauna
Age 54, passed away Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. She was born December 8, 1908 in Kaukauna and was a life resident. Mrs. Verkuilen was a member of the Altar Society of St. Mary Catholic Church, Kaukauna.
Survivors are her husband, Martin; two brothers, Gilbert, Milwaukee; and Henry, Kaukauna; three sisters, Mrs. Rose Sticka, Wisconsin Rapids; Mrs. Ed Vanden Heuvel, Green Bay; and Mrs. Frank Reiz, Milwaukee.
Funeral services will be Saturday at 9 a.m. at St. Mary Church with burial in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Greenwood Funeral Home, Kaukauna, after 3 p.m. Friday with rosary being prayed at 8 p.m.
M, b. November 7, 1887, d. August 11, 1962
- Birth: George Kugler was born on November 7, 1887.
- Death: He died on August 11, 1962, at age 74, in St Paul, Ramsey Co, Minnesota.
F, b. November 4, 1900, d. January 13, 1979
Family 2: Roy Belgrein (b. January 31, 1909, d. October 1, 1970)
- Birth: Wilhelmina Thurmer was born on November 4, 1900 in Lidgerwood, Richland Co, North Dakota.
- Marriage: She and Thomas John Verkuilen were married on August 20, 1916 in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Wilhelmina Thurmer and Roy Belgrein were married on January 22, 1947 in Iowa.
- Death: Wilhelmina Thurmer died on January 13, 1979, at age 78, in Wisconsin Rapids, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mrs. Ray [Minnie W.] Bilgrien, 78 of 917 N. Central Ave., died at 5 p.m. Saturday at
Edgewater Haven Nursing Home, Port Edwards. She had been a resident there since Dec. 5,
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. John’s Catholic Church. A Nephew, the Rev.
Joseph J. Bilgrien, associate pastor of Our Lady Queen of Heaven Catholic Church, Wisconsin
Rapids, will officate. Burial will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
Mr. and Mrs. Frank A. Wesley will provide music. Pallbearers will be Thomas, Gary and
James Verkuilen, Allen Feltz, James Bauer, and Larry Schreider.
Friends may call at 2 p.m. today and until services Tuesday at Rembs/ Kundinger Chapel.
There will be a parish vigil at 7:30 this evening.
She was born Nov. 4, 1900 in Lindgewood, N.D., to Mr. and Mrs. John Thurmer. She
attended North Dakota schools, She came to Marshfield at the age of 16. Her first marriage was
Aug. 20, 1916 at Minneapolis to Thomas Verkilen. The died March 28, 1946.
On Jan. 22, 1947, she was married to Ray Bilgrien, in Decatur, Iowa. The coupled owned
and operated Minnie and Swick’s Tavern at 500 N. Central Ave. for many years. They retired in
Surviving are her husband; one son, George H. Verkilen of Minneapolis; a daughter, Mrs.
Victor [Eva] Griebel of Marshfield; 11 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and a brother
Leonard Thurmer of Lingewood.
Besides her first husband, she was predeceased by three sisters, one brother and a
daughter, Mrs. Lorna J. Schreiner on Jan 5, 1976.
M, b. September 26, 1894, d. October 26, 1972
- Birth: John Gill was born on September 26, 1894 in St Croix County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 26, 1972, at age 78, in St Paul, Ramsey Co, Minnesota.
Loretta Sophie Dornfeld
F, b. February 3, 1906, d. December 19, 1989
- Birth: Loretta Sophie Dornfeld was born on February 3, 1906 in Hustisford, Dodge Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Martin John Verkuilen were married on October 14, 1925 in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Loretta Sophie Dornfeld died on December 19, 1989, at age 83, in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Loretta Ver Kilen
Services for Loretta S. Ver Kilen, 83, who died at 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at Marshfield Living
Center, were today at Rembs/Kundinger Chapel,
The Rev. Robert C. Reinhardt, of Immanuel Lutheran Church, officiated. Burial was in
Hillside Cemetery. Relatives served as pallbearers.
She was born Feb. 3, 1906, in Hustisford, to the late Otto and Anna Dornfeld. She
attended town of McMillan schools.
She was married to Martin J. Ver Kilen Oct. 14, 1925, in Chili. He died Aug. Aug. 23, 1979.
She moved to the town of McMillan and as a child. After her marriage, she and her
husband resided in Milwaukee. They later moved to central Wisconsin where they farmed. They
then moved to the city of Marshfield. She had lived at Norris Manor until she became a resident of
the Living Center on May 19, 1981.
She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
She is survived by one daughter, Mrs. Gloria M. Behr of Menomonee Falls, and two
She was also predeceased by one brother, Victor.
Memorials may be given in her name to Immanuel Lutheran Church Building fund.
Hallie Paul Downer
M, b. September 7, 1901, d. November 11, 1978
- Birth: Hallie Paul Downer was born on September 7, 1901 in Granton, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Wilhelmina Gertrude Verkuilen were married on June 8, 1923 in Chili, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Hallie Paul Downer died on November 11, 1978, at age 77, in Stayton, Marion Co, Oregon.
Herbert Joseph Eckes
M, b. August 6, 1901, d. March 7, 1983
Family: Catherine Verkuilen (b. February 6, 1903, d. March 5, 1957)
- Clarence William Eckes (b. April 10, 1922, d. October 7, 1987)
- Hubert George Eckes (b. September 22, 1923, d. February 13, 1995)
- Roszella Florelda Eckes (b. March 28, 1926, d. May 9, 1963)
- Valeria Eckes (b. August 16, 1927, d. July 12, 1987)
- Aloysius Thomas Eckes (b. August 16, 1927, d. July 12, 1987)
- Marvin William Eckes (b. August 21, 1932, d. August 2, 1992)
- Birth: Herbert Joseph Eckes was born on August 6, 1901 in Wood County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Verkuilen were married on September 28, 1921 in Chili, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Herbert Joseph Eckes died on March 7, 1983, at age 81, in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Herbert J. Eckes, 81, of 1213 N. Lincoln Ave., died Monday at his home.
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. John’s Catholic Church. The Rev. Donald F.
Winger, will officiate. Music will be provided by Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wesley. Burial will be in Gate of
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Dale, Ronald, Gary, Mark, and Steven Eckes, and Richard
Visitation at the Rembs/Kudinger Chapel will begin at 2 p.m. Wednesday, where St. John’s
parish vigil will be at 8 p.m. and Thursday until services.
He was born Aug. 6, 1901, in Sherwood, Clark County, the son of Mr. and Mrs. William
[Anna] Eckes. He received his education in Marshfield schools. On Sept. 28, 1921 he married
Katherine Ameilia Ver Kuilen in Chili. He was employed by the City of Marshfield Street
Department until retiring in 1958. For a time he was a member of the Street Commission.
He was a member of Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church and is survived by four
sons, Hubert, and Marvin, both of Marshfield, Clarence of Cataba and Al of Milwaukee; one
daughter, Mrs. Harvey [Valeria] Polster of Marshfield; 31 grandchildren; 41 great-grandchildren;
four sisters, Mrs. Edmund [Florelda] Kramer of Green Bay, Mrs. Oliver [Clara] Perry of Sun City,
Ariz., Mrs. Robert [Genevieve] Murphy of Colo., and Mrs. Wesley [Loraine] Scharr of Marshfield.
He was predeceased by his wife on Mar. 5, 1957; a daughter, Mrs. Walter [Rozella]
Kaczke; three brothers, two sisters and three grandchildren.
Delia Cora DeCoster
F, b. July 17, 1914, d. September 10, 2016
- Birth: Delia Cora DeCoster was born on July 17, 1914 in Town of Buchanan, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William Martin Schumacher were married on June 27, 1939 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: Delia Cora DeCoster died on September 10, 2016, at age 102, in Ellsworth, Pierce Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Hauser, Delia C.
Delia DeCoster Schumacher was born in Kaukauna on July 17, 1914, daughter of the late John and Anna (DeBruin) DeCoster. Delia married William Schumacher on June 27, 1939 at St. Mary's Church in Kaukauna, and together the couple raised three daughters and two sons. William preceded her in death on March 8, 1970. Later Delia married Carl Hauser, he also preceded her in death. At the age of 93, Delia moved to Ellsworth, Wisconsin to live with her daughter Patti Hutter and her husband Butch. Delia passed away peacefully at home on Saturday September 10, 2016.
Delia is survived by two daughters: Delores (Dan) Gottschalk and Patti (Butch) Hutter. There are also sixteen grandchildren and many greatgrandchildren. Delia was preceded in death by her sons Marty (Esther) Schumacher, Al Schumacher, a daughter Carol (Mike) Glodowski, her brothers and sisters-in- law, nieces, nephews, and many friends.
The funeral liturgy for Delia will be held at 11:00 AM on Thursday, September 15, 2016 at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH - ST. MARY CHURCH, at 119 W. 7th Street in Kaukauna, with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Interment will follow in the parish cemetery. Family and friends are invited to gather at the church on Thursday morning from 9:00 AM until the hour of the service.
For more information, or to share a memory of Delia, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
John A Ryba
M, b. circa 1865
- Birth: John A Ryba was born circa 1865.
F, b. circa 1865
- Birth: Anna Kroj was born circa 1865.
Martha Ann Ryba
F, b. July 11, 1926, d. February 5, 1998
- Birth: Martha Ann Ryba was born on July 11, 1926 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Francis Marion Vaughan were married on December 21, 1946 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Martha Ann Ryba died on February 5, 1998, at age 71, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Francis Marion Vaughan
M, b. September 16, 1926, d. February 29, 1996
- Birth: Francis Marion Vaughan was born on September 16, 1926 in Mattoon, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Martha Ann Ryba were married on December 21, 1946 in Black Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Francis Marion Vaughan died on February 29, 1996, at age 69, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.