Robert L Jirikowic
M, b. October 24, 1916, d. January 22, 2001
- Birth: Robert L Jirikowic was born on October 24, 1916 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 22, 2001, at age 84, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Robert L. Jirikowic Kaukauna
Age 84, passed away Monday, January 22, 2001 at St. Paul Home in Kaukauna. Bob was born in Kaukauna on October 24, 1916, the son of the late Louis and Amelia (Muthig) Jirikowic. He is survived by two sisters: Ruth Elworth of Appleton and Gladys Conrad of Kaukauna; a brother: William (Joyce) Jirikowic of Denver, Colorado; a brother-in-law: Bob Wood of Milwaukee, and by close relatives and dear friends Violet Jirikowic and Clarice Lugviel of Kaukauna. He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Betty Wood, and by brothers-in-law Leo Conrad and Wilmer Elworth.
Funeral services for Bob will be held at 4:00 PM Wednesday, January 24, 2001 at the funeral home chapel and interment will be in Union Cemetery. Friends may call at the funeral home on Wednesday from 3:00 PM until the hour of the service.
FARGO FUNERAL HOME 400 W. Wisconsin Avenue Kaukauna 766-6200.
Eugene J Kersten
M, b. November 7, 1926, d. July 10, 2004
- Birth: Eugene J Kersten was born on November 7, 1926 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mary Ann Gardner were married on October 15, 1949 in Baileys Harbor, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Eugene J Kersten died on July 10, 2004, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Mary Ann Gardner
F, b. August 15, 1928, d. June 1, 2017
- Birth: Mary Ann Gardner was born on August 15, 1928 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Eugene J Kersten were married on October 15, 1949 in Baileys Harbor, Door Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Ann Gardner died on June 1, 2017, at age 88.
- Note: Mary A. Kersten (Gardner), 88 years, passed away June 1, 2017 at Cherry Meadows Hospice Center in Appleton, Wisconsin. She was born August 15, 1928 to her parents John A. and Irene (Malliox) Gardner in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Mary and her family moved to Bailey's Harbor in Door County working in the cherry orchards. She was a graduate of Gibralter High School. She moved to Appleton and at the Cinderella Ballroom met the love of her life. Shortly after he proposed at Waverly Beach and Eugene J. and Mary A. Kersten were married in 1949.
Mary was always eager for the next card game, often wanting to play cribbage or sheepshead with family and friends. Mary liked quiet time with a good book. She was active in Kaukauna area charity work and was known to travel to Las Vegas, Nevada or local casinos to play bingo, slots and enjoy the thrill. Mary loved to prepare the family holiday gathering meals and cooked for her loved ones for over 80 years. When asked how she was doing, "fat and sassy" was the response.
Mary will be missed by her children Kat (Gene) Elliott, Cindy (Bob) Hutchinson, Annette (Gary) Martzahl, Val (John) DeNell, and Geno (Jody Scott) Kersten, 13 grandchildren 25 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson/daughter, sisters Maggie Stitch and Frances Harmon, sisters-in-law Aadie Gardner, Roseanne Gardner, Joyce Gardner, and Jolene Gardner. Further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Preceded in death by her husband Eugene Kersten Sr, parents John and Irene Gardner, brothers Bob Gardner, George Gardner, John Gardner, and Leo Gardner, and son Steve Kersten.
A Memorial Prayer Service for Mary will be held on Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 4 pm at Wichmann-Fargo Funeral Home, 537 N. Superior St., Appleton. Private inurnment. Family and friends may gather at the Wichmann-Fargo Funeral Home, from 2 pm until time of Service.
The family of Mary Kersten thanks the staff and nurses of Cherry Meadows Hospice Care and Thedacare at Home Hospice for their professional and loving care of her.
Stephen J Kersten
M, b. August 7, 1950, d. June 13, 2009
- Birth: Stephen J Kersten was born on August 7, 1950 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 13, 2009, at age 58, in Longview, Harrison Co, Texas.
- Note: June 25, 2009
Kersten, Stephen J.
Stephen J. Kersten, age 58, died June 13, 2009, in Longview, Texas. He was born August 7, 1950, in Kimberly, WI. He lived most of his life in the Fox Valley area. He enjoyed working with Fish Day Celebration while living in Port Washington. Employment then took him to Longview TX, where he produced offshore well drilling equipment, until a long term illness took him from us.
Stephen is survived by his mother, Mary and the late Eugene J. Kersten; his son, Christopher Kersten; daughter, Jenny (Don) Tepsa; three grandchildren, four sisters: Kat (Gene) Elliott, Cyndy (Rob) Hutchinson, Annette (Gary) Martzahl, Val (John) DeNell; and a brother, Eugene Kersten Jr.
A memorial service will be held for Stephen at Building One, Ridgeview Highland on June 27, 2009, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Annette Louise Kersten
Gary Lee Martzahl
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Wilbert G Kersten
M, b. March 15, 1930, d. July 17, 2006
- Birth: Wilbert G Kersten was born on March 15, 1930 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 17, 2006, at age 76, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: July 19, 2006
Kersten, Wilbert G. "Bill" Wilbert G. "Bill" Kersten, 76, Bowler, died Monday, July 17, 2006, in Shawano. Born on March 15, 1930, in Kaukauna, he was the son of the late Cornelius and Anna (Wimberger) Kersten. Bill worked for the Thilmany Paper Company, Kaukauna, for 33 years, retiring in 1985. Bill was a Union Steward with the Papermakers Union for many years and a member of the VFW in Kaukauna.
Bill is survived by his wife, Germaine; daughter, Lynn Kersten, Bowler; and seven siblings: Jim (Delores) Kersten, Appleton; Francis Kersten, Kaukauna; Helen Baier, Milwaukee; his twin sister, Wilmer Kersten, Kaukauna; Margaret Collins, Elaine Peotter, Kaukauna; Lois Scharonbroch, Kaukauna.
Bill was preceded in death by his parents and six siblings.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. on Friday, July 21, 2006, at Peace Lutheran Church, Tilleda, with Rev. Howard Buenting officiating. Burial will be in Peace Lutheran Cemetery. Visitation will be at Swedberg Funeral Home, Shawano, Thursday from 4 until 8 p.m. and at the church on Friday after 12 noon until the time of the service. A funeral mass will be held at a later date at the St. Mary's Catholic Church, Kaukauna.
M, b. November 5, 1931, d. March 4, 2017
- Birth: Francis Kersten was born on November 5, 1931 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 4, 2017, at age 85.
- Note: Francis "Red" Kersten, Kaukauna, age 85, died peacefully on Saturday, March 4, 2017 following a short illness. He was born November 5, 1931 in Kaukauna, WI, son of the late Cornelius and Anna (Wimberger) Kersten. Red retired from Badger Northland. He enjoyed working on cars and working for Van Hout's Service Station part time. Red was a US Navy veteran and was actively involved with the Knights of Columbus. He loved his big cars, dancing to polka music, and playing his trumpet.
He is survived by his brother, Jim (Dolores) Kersten, 4 sisters: Helen Baier, Louis Scharenbroch, Elaine Peotter, and Margaret Collins; sisters-in-law: Rosemary Kersten and Mary Kersten; numerous nieces, nephews and friends.
He was preceded in death by 6 brothers: Henry, Richard, Paul, Eugene, Wilbert and John; 2 brothers-in-law: Edward Scharenbroch and Joseph Van Cuyk; 2 nephews: Richard Kersten Jr. and David Scharenbroch.
Funeral services for Francis will be at Noon on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at St. Katharine Drexel Parish at St. Mary Church, 119 W. Seventh St., Kaukauna with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Friends may call directly at church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family. (920) 766-2099 www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the staff of St. Paul Home and St. Paul Hospice Services for their care and concern.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Mar. 7, 2017.
James G Kersten
Wilma G Kersten
F, b. March 15, 1930, d. October 22, 2011
- Birth: Wilma G Kersten was born on March 15, 1930.
- Death: She died on October 22, 2011, at age 81, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Wilma G. Kersten, Kaukauna, age 81, passed away on Saturday evening, October 22, 2011 at St. Paul Home. She was born March 15, 1930 to the late Cornelius and Anna (Wimberger) Kersten.
She is survived by 6 brothers and sisters: Helen Baier, Milwaukee, Francis Kersten, Lois Scharenbroch, Elaine Peotter, and Margaret Collins, all of Kaukauna, and James (Dolores) Kersten, Appleton; 4 sisters-in-law: Rosemary, Rita, Mary, and Germaine. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, 7 brothers: Henry, Richard, Paul, Eugene, twin brother, Wilbert, and John; a sister, Marion Van Cuyk; 2 brothers-in-law: Joseph Van Cuyk and Edward Scharenbroch, 2 nephews: Richard Kersten, Jr. and David Scharenbroch.
The Mass of Christian Burial will be at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at ST. KATHARINE DREXEL PARISH at ST. MARY CHURCH, 119 W. 7th St., Kaukauna with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Friends will be received at church from 9 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers a memorial fund is being established in Wilma's name. Burial will take place in the parish cemetery. The Boettcher Family Funeral Home, Kaukauna is assisting the family. 766-2099.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to the staff of St. Paul home, St. Paul Hospice Services, special friends Rosie, Margaret and Janet.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from October 24 to October 25, 2011.
Edward J Scharenbroch
M, b. September 9, 1922, d. April 22, 2002
- Birth: Edward J Scharenbroch was born on September 9, 1922 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 22, 2002, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in St Paul Cemetery, Combined Locks, Wisconsin.
Elaine M Kersten
Melvin E Peotter
M, b. June 24, 1928, d. September 16, 2002
- Birth: Melvin E Peotter was born on June 24, 1928.
- Death: He died on September 16, 2002, at age 74, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
Margaret Mary Kersten