Joy Lynn Mollen
Teresa A Mollen
F, b. September 11, 1920, d. October 12, 2017
St John High School Yearbook 1939
- Birth: Teresa A Mollen was born on September 11, 1920.
- Death: She died on October 12, 2017, at age 97.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/39.
- Note: Teresa A. Mollen, age 97, of Little Chute, passed away peacefully on Thursday, October 12, 2017. She was born on September 11, 1920, daughter of the late Joseph and Johanna (Colby) Mollen. Teresa was employed at the Wisconsin Draft Board from 1940-1946. She then worked for the Farmers Home Administration and Oconto District Attorney’s office until 1951. She finally ended up at the Appleton Area School District for 27 years until her retirement in 1986. Teresa enjoyed traveling, golfing and walking.
Teresa is survived by her sisters: Jeanette Micke and Eileen Gregorius; a brother, Joseph (Marge) Mollen; a sister-in-law, Alice Mary Mollen; many nieces, nephews and great nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, Joseph and Johanna Mollen; sisters: Anita Johnson, Imelda M. Van Veghel, Bertha Mary (Harry) Van Veghel, and Imelda Mollen; brothers: John I. Mollen, Ignatius “Moe” Mollen, and Gerald (Carol) Mollen; brothers-in-law, Harley Johnson and Edward Gregorius.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 21, 2017, at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, 323 S. Pine Street, Little Chute, with Msgr. Jim Vanden Hogen officiating. Visitation will be at the church on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the Mass. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute.
- Graduation: She graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1939.
F, b. May 12, 1923, d. May 19, 2008
St John High School Yearbook 1941
- Birth: Anita Mollen was born on May 12, 1923 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Harley E Johnson were married on May 18, 1946 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Anita Mollen died on May 19, 2008, at age 85.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: May 21, 2008
Johnson, Anita M.
Anita M. Johnson, Neenah, age 85, passed away peacefully with her family by her side after a courageous battle with cancer. She was born May 12, 1923, in Little Chute, daughter of the late Joseph and Johanna (Colby) Mollen. Anita graduated from St. John's High School in Little Chute in 1941. She married Harley Johnson on May 18, 1946, in Waukegan, Il. He preceded her in death on July 30, 1986.
Anita was employed with Kimberly-Clark for 42 years until her retirement in June of 1985. She volunteered at the Bergstrom Mahler Museum for several years. Anita enjoyed travelling, sewing, especially Halloween costumes for her grandchildren, quilting and gardening. She was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church of Menasha where she was an active volunteer.
Survivors include her daughter, Kathleen (Paul) Peters, Grand Chute; three grandchildren: Eric (Amanda) Peters, Greenville; Mindy (Brian) Heidke, Greenville; Tiffany Peters and special friend Reuben Swann, Appleton; six great grandchildren: Ethan and Olivia Peters, Blake Nelson, Gracie and Maggie Heidke, and Isis Swann; seven brothers and sisters: Teresa Mollen, Little Chute; Jeanette Micke, Breckenridge, MN; Eileen Gregorius, Little Chute; Bertha (Harry) Van Veghel, New Mexico; Gerald Mollen, Seattle; Joseph (Marge) Mollen, DePere; Imelda Van Veghel, Little Chute; a sister-in-law, Alice Mollen, Brillion; and numerous other relatives and friends.
The Mass of Resurrection will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 23, 2008, at St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Menasha, with Fr. Larry Canavera officiating. Visitation will be held at Neenah's Westgor Funeral Home on Thursday from 4-8 p.m. and again at the church on Friday from 10 a.m. until the time of services. A memorial is being established in her name.
The family would like to thank Theda Care at Home Hospice Team and the staff of the Martha Seikman Cancer Center for their care and support.I love you Mom!
You were the best.
Thank you Grandma
for your inspiration.
WESTGOR FUNERAL HOME
205 W. Doty Ave.
- Graduation: She graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1941.
Harley E Johnson
M, b. November 21, 1917, d. July 30, 1986
- Birth: Harley E Johnson was born on November 21, 1917 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Anita Mollen were married on May 18, 1946 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Harley E Johnson died on July 30, 1986, at age 68, in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Johann Henrich Huber
M, b. circa 1750
- Birth: Johann Henrich Huber was born circa 1750.
Eileen Mary Mollen
F, b. December 10, 1814
- Birth: Hendrica Aarts was born on December 10, 1814 in Lithoijen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. June 11, 1930, d. September 1, 2009
- Birth: Hendricus VanVeghel was born on June 11, 1930 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on September 1, 2009, at age 79, in Alamogordo, Otero Co, New Mexico.
- Note: September 4, 2009
Van Veghel, Hendricus "Harry"
Hendricus "Harry" Van Veghel, 79, a resident of Alamogordo, New Mexico, for 12 years, passed away September 1, 2009, at Betty Dare Rehabilitation Center in Alamogordo. He was born June 11, 1930, in Uden, Netherlands, to Christianus Van Veghel and Johanna Van Zutphen. He served in the Korean War in the U.S. Army. He was retired as a service manager with the Chevrolet dealership in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
Harry is survived by his wife of 54 years, Mary, of the family home; two sons, Thomas Van Veghel and his wife, Voni, of Sonora, Texas, and Christopher Van Veghel of Midland, Texas; three daughters, Suzanne Richins and her husband A.D. of Mimbres, New Mexico, Nancy White and her husband Danny of Midland, Texas, and Rebecca Wirtz and her husband Marc of Murrysville, Pennsylvania; four grandsons, Wade and Jason Martin, Monte Van Veghel and A.D. Richins, Jr.; three granddaughters, Ivy Richins, Savanah and Cerissa White; three great-grandsons, Jerry Russell, Lane David Van Veghel and Lyndon Cole White; one great-granddaughter Cali Jo Van Veghel; three sisters, Ardine Bons, Christine Vander Heyden and Rose Bons; two brothers, Adrian and John Van Veghel; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorial services will be conducted in the Hamilton-O'Dell Chapel on Friday, September 4, at 10 a.m. with Deacon Don Dickman officiating. Military honors will be provided by the New Mexico Army National Guard. Services are under the direction of Hamilton-O'Dell Funeral Home in Alamogordo. To send condolences to the family, or sign the online guestbook, please visit
Gerald Joseph Mollen
M, b. February 25, 1931, d. September 25, 2017
St John High School Yearbook 1949 (Class of 50)
St John High School Yearbook 1950
- Birth: Gerald Joseph Mollen was born on February 25, 1931 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Carol Ann Theyel were married on June 29, 1955.
- Death: Gerald Joseph Mollen died on September 25, 2017, at age 86, in Seattle, King Co, Washington.
- Note: Gerald J Mollen (Jerry) age 86 of Seattle Washington, passed away September 25th 2017.
He was born in Little Chute Wisconsin on February 25th 1931 to Joseph Mollen and Johanna (Colby) Mollen. He graduated high school from St. Johns Catholic School. After high school he spent 2 years attending St Norbert College in Green Bay Wi and joined the National guard. He served in the Navy from 1953 – 1955 and then enlisted as a reserve.
He married Carol Ann (Theyel) June 29th 1955. Then entered the Millwaukee School of Engineering where he earned his degree in electrical engineering.
Jerry and Carol moved to Seattle WA in 1957 when he was hired by the Boeing Company. They were blessed with 4 children, enjoyed camping, family vacations and being involved in their church. He retired from Boeing after 30 years. Over those 30 years he also became a part time farmer after purchasing a farm in northern Wi in 1975. He also accomplished the dream of becoming a private Pilot. In retirement he spent his winters in Seattle and summers in Wisconsin. He kept busy with his numerous interests. Some of his favorites were spending time with his children and grandchildren, square dancing, polka fests and working with all his machinery on the farm and his ancestral home. He was also a lifetime member of the Auto and Steam Engine club and the Experimental Aviation Association.
In his words he would say "I am blessed".
He will be deeply missed by his 4 children Dianne (John), Brian, Melissa (Jeff), Amy (Sam), 8 grandchildren Tristan, Jacob, Alex, Connor, Jenna, Aaron, Carly and Hallie. He is also survived by Sisters Teresa, Jeanette, Eileen, brother Joe and many nieces and nephews.He was preceded in death by his wife Carol with whom he spent 24 wonderful years.
A Funeral service will be held on Friday October 6th at 11:30am at St. Bernadette Catholic church 1028 SW 128th St. Seattle WA 98146
In lieu of flowers you may contributcontributede to St. Bernadette's St. Vincent De Paul Society or St.Judes.org/Donate.
- Graduation: He graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1950.
F, b. December 14, 1935, d. September 21, 2008
St John High School Yearbook 1954
- Birth: Imelda Mollen was born on December 14, 1935 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: She and Adrian VanVeghel were divorced.
- Death: Imelda Mollen died on September 21, 2008, at age 72.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/3/32.
- Note: September 23, 2008
Van Veghel, Imelda M. (nee Mollen)
Imelda Van Veghel, 72, Little Chute, went into the welcome arms of Jesus on Sunday, September 21, 2008, after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer, surrounded by her family. She was born on December 14, 1935, in Little Chute, daughter of Joseph and Johanna (Colby) Mollen. She was a graduate of St. John Grade School and St. John High School, Little Chute, and attended Fox Valley Technical College and Cardinal Stritch College. She was employed as a legal assistant for more than 25 years.
Imelda loved and enjoyed her children and grandchildren and spent as much time with them as she could. She also enjoyed camping, playing sheepshead and for a number of years belonged to Bridge clubs. Imelda was a member of St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Little Chute. She loved music and singing and belonged to the Harmony in Him choir at St. John's and joined a group, called Harmony in Spirit, in which she sang and played the guitar. Through Harmony in Spirit, she developed many long lasting close friends. Harmony in Spirit played country gospel music and played for people in retirement complexes, assisted living and nursing homes.
Imelda will be greatly missed by her children: five sons: Daniel and special friend, Kelly, and her daughter Erica, Kaukauna; Mark, Kaukauna; Joseph P. (Tracey) and their children, Timothy and Cory, Freedom; Richard (Darci) and their children, Luke, Paige and Faith, Freedom; Christopher John (Laura) Van Veghel, Little Chute; a daughter, Pamela (Paul) Mischler and their children, Kyle and Alex, Kaukauna. She is further survived by a special family, Paul and Renee Coenen and their children, Rachael and Kayla, Wrightstown; a very special couple, Jerry and Delores Schaefer, Appleton; five sisters: Teresa A. Mollen, Little Chute; Jeanette Micke, Breckenridge, MN; Eileen Gregorius, Little Chute; Bertha Mary (Harry) Van Veghel, Alagorda, N.M.; two brothers: Gerald Mollen, Seattle, WA; Joseph (Margie) Mollen, Wrightstown; a sister-in-law, Alicemary Mollen, Brillion; many nieces and nephews. Also surviving are Ardene Bons, Kaukauna; Christine Vander Heiden, Holland; Rose (Bill) Bons, Little Chute and John Van Veghel, Appleton.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: John I. Mollen and Ignatius J. (Moe) Mollen; and an infant sister, Imelda Mollen; sister, Anita Johnson; brothers-in-law: Harley Johnson, Alphonse Micke, Edward Gregorius; sister-in-law, Carol Mollen; mother-in-law and father-in-law, Johanna and Christian Van Veghel as well as Henry Bons, Jo Vander Heiden and Barb Van Veghel.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, September 26, 2008, at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, 323 Pine St., with Msgr. James Vanden Hogen officiating. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute. Friends may call at the Verkuilen Funeral Home, 101 Canal St., from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday and at the church from 9:30 a.m. Friday until the time of the mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established.
Imelda has a deep, deep belief and trust in God who saw her through all the tough times and ups and downs of being a single mom and her struggle with cancer.
The family would like to thank everyone who prayed with her and for her and all the Drs. and nurses who cared for her. A special thank you to Paul, Bridget, and Katherine.
Mom, please watch over us and guide us as we face each day without you here. You will be forever in our hearts and lives. Love and God Bless, Dan, Mark, Pam, Paul, Joe, Tracey, Rich, Darci, Chris and Laura.
Grandmom, we miss you, we love you, we will see you in heaven. Love Kyle, Alex, Luke, Paige, Faith, Cory and Timmy.
Verkuilen Funeral Home
& Cremation Services
Little Chute 920-788-3321.
- Graduation: She graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1954.
Daniel Peter VanVeghel
John I Mollen
M, b. October 20, 1921, d. March 13, 1980
St John High School Yearbook 1940
- Birth: John I Mollen was born on October 20, 1921.
- Death: He died on March 13, 1980, at age 58.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/4/39.
- Graduation: He graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1940.
Paul Robert Brochtrup
Jean Marie Brochtrup