M, b. December 26, 1944, d. December 26, 1944
- Birth: Francis Sobieck was born on December 26, 1944.
- Death: He died on December 26, 1944, at age 0.
Gordon H Weyenberg
M, b. September 20, 1922, d. October 31, 2001
- Birth: Gordon H Weyenberg was born on September 20, 1922 in Oneida, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Joyce Verstoppen were married on August 24, 1946 in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gordon H Weyenberg died on October 31, 2001, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: SOURCE: GREEN BAY GAZETTE OBITUARY
Friday, November 2, 2001
Weyenberg, Gordon H.
Gordon H. Weyenberg, 79, Howard, passed away unexpectedly of a heart attack on Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2001. Mr. Weyenberg was born on Sept. 20, 1922, in Oneida, to the late Peter and Josephine (DeCoster) Weyenberg. On Aug. 24, 1946, he married Joyce Verstoppen at St. John the Baptist Church, Howard. Together, they celebrated 55 years of marriage. Gordon worked for Suamico Box; owned and operated Weyenberg's Grocery Store for 18 years; and later worked for the Howard-Suamico School District, from which he retired. He was a World War II Veteran serving in the US Army with the 515 Parachute Infantry in Europe. He was honorably discharged in 1945. Gordon was a Charter Member and Volunteer Fireman for 25 years with the Howard Fire Dept.; 50 year member of the Catholic Order of Foresters; a member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Howard, for 55 years. Gordon enjoyed hunting with his sons-in-law, watching and feeding birds and shooting pool in many leagues, including the VFW Pool League.
Survivors include his wife, Joyce, Howard; three daughters, Nancy (Wayne) Kurowski, Howard; Carol (Bob) Bolssen, Ashwaubenon; Marcia (Dennis) Bolssen, Howard; eight grandchildren, Jean (Keith) Maly, Neenah; Jeff (Kathy) Kurowski, Green Bay; John Kurowski and fiancee, Jessica Knoerzer, Green Bay; Jay Kurowski, Howard; Kyle (Kris) Bolssen, Howard; Missy (Brad) Hardwick, Suamico; Jason (Mindi) Bolssen, Green Bay; Matt Bolssen and fiancee, Caryn Peters, Green Bay; ten great-grandchildren, Evan and Laura Maly, Ben and Brady Kurowski, Taylor Kurowski, Haley, Hannah and Hope Hardwick, Austin and Alex Bolssen; one brother, Don (Marie) Weyenberg, Pembine; two sisters, Virgie Williquette, Green Bay; Mary Botdorf, Fond du Lac; brother-in-law, Ed Sobieck, Green Bay; sisters and brothers-in-law, Marie Weyenberg, Green Bay; Margaret Weyenberg, Flintville; Ruth Weyenberg, Appleton; Richard (Ramona) Verstoppen, Green Bay; further survived by many nieces, nephews and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; six brothers, Clarence (Josie) Weyenberg, Willard, Marvin, Alvin "Butch'', Milton, Myron "Mike'' (Jane) Weyenberg; four sisters, Evelyn (Harry) De Valk, Lucille Sobieck, Lorraine (Bill) Carney, Della (Lloyd) Welch; two brothers-in-law, Nick Williquette and Fred Botdorf.
The family will receive friends at the Pfotenhauer Funeral Home West, 1145 Cardinal Lane, Howard, on Friday, Nov. 2, from 4 until 8 p.m. and after 9:30 a.m. Saturday until the cortege leaves for church. Howard VFW Memorial Service 7:30 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Mass of Christian Burial 11 a.m. Saturday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, Howard, with the Rev. William Swichtenberg officiating. Full Military Honors to follow. Burial in the church cemetery. Harold J. Pfotenhauer, Funeral Director.
In lieu of flowers or other expressions of sympathy, a memorial fund has been established in Gordon's name at the funeral home.
The family wishes to thank Dr. Bruce Fenster and County Rescue for their assistance.
FUNERAL HOME WEST.
F, b. September 27, 1924, d. June 16, 2009
- Birth: Joyce Verstoppen was born on September 27, 1924 in Suamico, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gordon H Weyenberg were married on August 24, 1946 in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Joyce Verstoppen died on June 16, 2009, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: June 18, 2009
Weyenberg, Joyce M.
Joyce M. Weyenberg, 84, Village of Howard, passed away at her home on Tuesday, June 16, 2009.
She was born on Sept. 27, 1924, in Suamico, to the late Desire and Mary (Van Pee) Verstoppen. On Aug. 24, 1946, she married Gordon Weyenberg at St. John the Baptist Church, Howard and together they celebrated 55 years of marriage. They owned and operated Weyenberg's Grocery Store for many years. Gordon preceded her in death on Oct. 31, 2001.
Survivors include three daughters, Nancy (Wayne) Kurowski, Howard, Carol (Bob) Bolssen, Ashwaubenon, Marcia (Dennis) Bolssen, Howard; grandchildren, Jean Maly, Jeff (Kathy) Kurowski, John (Jessica) Kurowski, Jay Kurowski (special friend, Tracy Vandenberg), Kyle (Kris) Bolssen, Missy (Brad) Hardwick, Jason (Mindi) Bolssen; Matthew Bolssen; great grandchildren, Katie (Joe) Skurka, Evan and Laura Maly, Ben and Brady Kurowski, Taylor, William and Hattie Mae Kurowski, Haley, Hannah and Hope Hardwick, Austin and Alex Bolssen; great-great grandchildren, Madden and Max Skurka; brother, Richard (Ramona) Verstoppen; brothers and sisters-in-law, Don (Marie) Weyenberg, Pembine, Mary Botdorf, Fond du Lac, Virgie Williquette, Howard. Further survived by nieces and nephews.
Joyce was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gordon; brothers and sisters-in-law.
Family and friends may call at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 2597 Glendale Ave., Howard, on Friday, June 19 from 9:30 until 11:30 a.m. Mass of Christian Burial 11:30 a.m. Friday at the church with the Rev. John Bergstadt officiating. Burial in the church cemetery. Online condolences welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com
The family extends a special thank you to Dr. Rank, the Brown County Sheriff Dept. and Deputy Medical Examiner, Ron Cody.
Funeral & Cremation
Albert Herman Schwalenberg
M, b. August 30, 1882, d. July 2, 1956
- Birth: Albert Herman Schwalenberg was born on August 30, 1882.
- Marriage: He and Ellie Kasper were married on April 13, 1907.
- Death: Albert Herman Schwalenberg died on July 2, 1956, at age 73.
F, b. 1885, d. 1931
- Birth: Ellie Kasper was born in 1885.
- Marriage: She and Albert Herman Schwalenberg were married on April 13, 1907.
- Death: Ellie Kasper died in 1931, at age ~46, in Rantoul, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Kathryn Ann Schlimm
F, b. 1643, d. December 8, 1726
- Birth: Jeanne Theriault was born in 1643 in Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Marriage: She and Pierre Thibodeau were married in 1659 in Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Death: Jeanne Theriault died on December 8, 1726, at age ~83, in Port Royal, Acadia, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Richard C Schlimm