Richard J Fischer
M, b. April 29, 1939, d. April 29, 2006
- Birth: Richard J Fischer was born on April 29, 1939.
- Marriage: He was married on August 26, 1967.
- Death: He died on April 29, 2006, at age 67.
- Burial: He was buried in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: May 1, 2006
Fischer, Richard J. Richard J. Fischer, loving husband, father and grandfather, 67, 315 Columbus Ave., Brillion, died peacefully with his family at his side on Saturday, April 29, 2006. Dick was born April 29, 1939, son of the late Alex and Marcella (Miller) Fischer. He graduated from Reedsville High School in 1957, then served in the U.S. Army before marrying Helen G. Schuh on Aug. 26, 1967. He was employed by Eck Industries for 34 years before retiring in 2004. He was a member and usher of Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion. He was also a member of the Catholic Knights, West Maple Grove Hunting Club and Amvet Post 1032, Reedsville. He enjoyed his grandchildren very much as well as playing cards and hunting.
Survivors include his wife Helen; three sons and daughter, Chuck (Brenda), Stockbridge and their children Andrea, Olivia and Owen, Kevin (Nicole) and their children Elise and Derek, Mark (Lynn) and their children Andrew, Jack and baby due in June, Connie (Dave) Doege and their children Alexis and Alana, all of Brillion. He is further survived by his family Leland (Kathy), Geraldine (John) Leist, Roger (Joanne), Wayne (Laura), Jackie (Don) Kriescher, Bill (Denise). He is also survived by Helen's family; Elizabeth (Theodore) Giese, Norbert (Carol) Schuh, Edwin (Rosie) Schuh, Pat Schuh, Monica Dresang, Anna Schuh, Regina Fischer and Dori (Jim) Behnke.
He was preceded in death by his father-in-law and mother-in-law, George and Lauretta Schuh; brother, Glen; seven brothers-in-law and two sisters-in-law; Harold Riemer, baby Alfred Schuh, Richard and Joyce Schuh, Anthony Schuh; Sister Clara Schuh, Francis Dresang, Sebastian Schuh and George Schuh. He was also preceded in death by three grandchildren, Baby Kevin, Baby Fischer and Baby Doege.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Wednesday, May 3, 2006, at 10:30 a.m. at Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion. The Rev. Mathew Simonar will officiate. Burial will be in the Holy Trinity. Cemetery, Brillion. Friends may call at the Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion on Tuesday, May 2, from 4 to 8 p.m. with a prayer service at 7 p.m. Friends may also call at the church on Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established in Richard's name.
- Graduation: He graduated from Reedsville High School in 1957.
Norbert G Schuh
M, b. January 15, 1932, d. March 5, 2010
- Birth: Norbert G Schuh was born on January 15, 1932 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on July 14, 1959 in Kellnersville, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 5, 2010, at age 78, in Reedsville, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. December 17, 1945, d. March 30, 2002
- Birth: George Schuh was born on December 17, 1945.
- Death: He died on March 30, 2002, at age 56.
Rose Marie Opsteen
Family: George Schuh (b. December 17, 1945, d. March 30, 2002)
Anthony Edward Schuh
M, b. August 16, 1935, d. December 26, 1989
- Birth: Anthony Edward Schuh was born on August 16, 1935 in Maple Grove, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 26, 1989, at age 54, in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Knollwood Memorial Gardens & Mausoleum, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
M, b. November 11, 1949, d. November 11, 1949
- Birth: Alfred Schuh was born on November 11, 1949.
- Death: He died on November 11, 1949, at age 0.
Anna Marie (Sister Clara) Schuh
F, b. May 10, 1937, d. April 18, 1995
- Birth: Anna Marie (Sister Clara) Schuh was born on May 10, 1937 in Brillion, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 18, 1995, at age 57, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Family Convent Cemetery, Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Occupation: She was a Manitowoc Franciscan.
Marvin H VanDenEng
M, b. February 8, 1935, d. April 19, 2016
- Birth: Marvin H VanDenEng was born on February 8, 1935.
- Marriage: He and Roberta M Reinke were married on March 14, 1970.
- Death: Marvin H VanDenEng died on April 19, 2016, at age 81.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Van Den Eng, Marvin H.
Marvin Van Den Eng, 81, of Freedom, passed away on Tuesday, April 19, 2016, at home with his family by his side. He was born on February 8, 1935, son of Peter and Elizabeth (Brooks) Van Den Eng.
Marv married Roberta Jacob on March 14, 1970. She brought her five children with her to join the family with his son from a previous marriage to Marlene Weyenberg. On December 24, 1971, Marv and Roberta had a son to make the family complete.
Marv retired from the Atlas Mill in Appleton at the age of 55. He then dedicated his like to the one thing he truly loved…auctions. He started Van Den Eng and Sons Scrap Iron, which helped him support his seven children and his wife's love of rummage sales. Marv loved auctions and loved all the people he met there, he considered them a large auction family. One of his favorite auctions was the Amish auction in Neillsville.
On Sundays he enjoyed going to the Appleton Apostolic Truth Church where he was a greeter and usher. He was known to everyone at church as the "Candy Man." Marv always had tootsie rolls in his pockets for all the kids. He also helped with the food pantry. Everyone at church knew if they needed help, just call Marv.
His special love was his grandchildren, whom he loved to have sit on his lap and of course, give candy.
Marv is survived by his children: Debbie (Royal) Meetz, Mary (Larry) Daul, Bill (Sue) Van Den Eng, Roger (Brenda) Van Den Eng, Kathy (Butch) Hopfensperger, Bob (Susan) Jacob and James (Becky) Van Den Eng; 16 grandchildren; 18 great grandchildren; 2 great great grandchildren; his siblings: Joy (Roy) Van Dyke, Floyd (Joan) Van Den Eng, Clarence (Millie) Van Den Eng and Ronald (Jenny Rice) Van Den Eng; brothers and sisters-in-law: Kenitz Van Den Eng, Clarence "Whitey" Gerrits, Jerry (Pat) Reinke, Diane Hovey, Tom Reinke, Cheryl Ehle, Jim (Barb) Reinke, John (Barb) Reinke, Don Reinke, Mike Reinke, and Sheila Wilquet; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Marv was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Roberta Van Den Eng; his first wife, Marlene Weyenberg; five baby grandchildren; siblings: Eunice (Robert) Van Daalwyk, Gladys Fravel, Gene Van Den Eng; and a brother-in-law, Ray Hovey.
Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, April 23, 2016, at the Verkuilen-Van Deurzen Family Funeral Home FREEDOM Location, N3972 Columbia Ave., Freedom, with Pastor Aaron Soto officiating. Friends may call at the funeral home on Friday, April 22, 2016, from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. and again on Saturday at the funeral home from 9:30 a.m. until the time of the service. Interment will be in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. For online condolences, please visit www.verkuilenfh.com.
The Van Den Eng family would like to extend a special thank you to Chuck and Mary Geurts and Keary Lamers for taking Dad to auctions when he couldn't drive anymore and to Keary for all her special road trips. Dad loved you guys so much. We would also like to thank his special "angel on Earth" Becky, for everything she has done for Dad this past year to make him as safe, happy, comfortable and loved as possible. We will never be able to thank you enough. Also thanks to the Ministry Home Care Hospice Team, especially Laurie Hockers and Gina. You always brought a smile to Dad's face and made his days a little brighter.
So when you try to find Dad in Heaven, just look for the closest auction and the man with the hairy hat trying to buy anything that's selling for a buck! Love you Dad!
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Apr. 21, 2016.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Roberta M Reinke
F, b. May 26, 1936, d. April 27, 2007
- Birth: Roberta M Reinke was born on May 26, 1936 in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Jacob were married in 1954.
- Marriage: Roberta M Reinke and Marvin H VanDenEng were married on March 14, 1970.
- Death: Roberta M Reinke died on April 27, 2007, at age 70, in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: April 29, 2007
Van Den Eng, Roberta M. "Bobbie" Roberta Van Den Eng, 70, Kaukauna, died unexpectedly Friday, April 27, 2007, at Parkside Care Center, Little Chute. She was born May 26, 1936, in Antigo, daughter of William and Madge (Keough) Reinke. She married Robert Jacob in 1954, and he preceded her in death July 4, 1963. Bobbie married Marvin Van Den Eng July 3, 1970. She was a member of Apostolic Truth Church, Appleton. Her life revolved around God, church and family. She was in charge of the Greeting Department and the Prayer Chain of the church. She was also involved in the Music Department singing specials at the church. She will be remembered by all.
Bobbie is survived by her husband, Marvin; her children, Deborah (Royal) Meetz, Brillion; Mary Jo (Larry) Daul, Freedom; William (Sue) Van Den Eng, Black Creek; Kathy (Greg, Jr. "Butch") Hop-fensperger, Wayside; Roger (Brenda) Van Den Eng, Menasha; Robert (Susan) Jacob, Appleton; James (Rebecca) Van Den Eng, Freedom; 15 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; brothers and sisters: Jerry (Pat) Reinke, Diane (Ray) Hovey, Tom Reinke, Cheryl Ehle, Jim (Barb), John (Barb), Don and Mike Reinke and Sheila Wilquet; sisters-in-law: Joyce Dombrowski and Eunice Van Daalwyk; brothers-in-law: Gene (Kenitz), Floyd (Joan), Clarence (Millie) and Ron (Elaine) Van Den Eng.
Mrs. Van Den Eng was also preceded in death by her parents; an infant son; five infant grandchildren; sisters-in-law: Gladys Fravel, Evelyn Gerrits and Margaret Reinke; a brother-in-law, Robert Van Daalwyk and a nephew, Bill Broctrup.
Funeral services will be held at 12 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, 2007, at Apostolic Truth Church, 2720 Kesting Court, Appleton, with Pastor Michael Schmalz officiating. Interment will be in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. Friends may call at the Verkuilen Funeral Home from 4-8 p.m. Monday, and at the church from 9 a.m. Tuesday, until the time of the service. A memorial has been established.
Verkuilen Funeral Home
& Cremation Services
Little Chute, 920-788-3321.
James Marvin VanDenEng
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Rebecca Lee VanHeertum
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
Willard J (Red) Hogen
M, b. August 19, 1919, d. October 6, 1996
- Birth: Willard J (Red) Hogen was born on August 19, 1919 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dolores M Thiel were married on June 8, 1946.
- Death: Willard J (Red) Hogen died on October 6, 1996, at age 77.
- Burial: He was buried in Shrine of Heaven Mausoleum, Neenah, Wisconsin.
Dolores M Thiel
F, b. December 2, 1923, d. December 4, 2010
- Birth: Dolores M Thiel was born on December 2, 1923 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Willard J (Red) Hogen were married on June 8, 1946.
- Death: Dolores M Thiel died on December 4, 2010, at age 87.
- Note: Dolores M. Hogen passed away peacefully on Saturday, December 4, 2010, after a short illness. The daughter of Michael and Charlotte Thiel was born in Appleton, Wisconsin, on December 2, 1923. During her lifetime, Dolores worked for Kimberly-Clark, Ridgeway Golf Course and the Skye Club of Neenah. She enjoyed playing cards with her family and dancing at the Cinderella, where she met her husband.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Hogen of Mississippi; daughters, Sandy Elzey, Neenah, Pam (Mike) Jacobson, Winneconne, and Jean (Tom) Pionke, Berlin; five grandchildren, John, Lindsay, Jeremy, Ryan and Josh; three great-grandchildren, Ben, Sam and Abby; two sisters-in-law, Esther Thiel and Marie Thiel; numerous nieces and nephews.
Dolores was preceded in death by her husband, "Red"; three sisters and two brothers.
Per Dolores' wishes, there will be no services. Cremation has taken place. There will be a Memorial Mass at a later date.
Fox Cities Funeral
& Cremation Services
3026 Jackson Street
Oshkosh, WI 54901