Richard H Williams
M, b. June 8, 1935, d. October 26, 2014
- Birth: Richard H Williams was born on June 8, 1935 in Combined Locks, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 26, 2014, at age 79.
- Note: Richard L. Williams, age 79, of Cecil, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, October 26, 2014. Richard was born on June 8, 1935, in Combined Locks, the son of Daniel & Ada (Piepenberg) Williams. He owned and operated Dick & Joan's Supper Club in Little Chute and Appleton for 30 years. He was a hard worker and at times held down as many as three jobs. His motto was work hard and play hard. Dick was a guy with many friends. He loved vacationing, Vegas was a favorite, he must have made "50" trips, but he needed to be back by Wednesday because that was his day off. He loved his children and grandchildren and supported them in everything they did. He was an avid Packer and Brewer fan.
Dick is survived by his very, very special friend and partner Becky M. Stedl. His children, Jay (Susie) Williams, Kelly (Keeter) Hietpas, Amy (Dave) Sturm, Pat Williams (Bobbie Rettler). Nine grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren, and his buddy Jonny Dee, who happens to have fur. Brothers: Jim (Joyce) Williams, Roger (Pat) Williams, Chuck (Maxine) Williams, and Jack Williams.
He was preceded in death by his wife Joan (Fries) Williams and a son Daniel Williams.
Dick's many friends are invited to join with his family for a celebration of life that will be held at Dick & Joan's Supper Club in Appleton on Sunday November 2, 2014, from 11:00a.m - 3:00p.m.
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established.
Thanks for the memories, Dad!
Jay James Williams
Marilyn J Smits
F, b. November 8, 1937, d. December 19, 2016
- Birth: Marilyn J Smits was born on November 8, 1937 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on October 2, 1958.
- Death: She died on December 19, 2016, at age 79.
- Note: Minten, Marilyn J.
Marilyn Minten, age 79 of Combined Locks, passed away peacefully on Monday evening, December 19, 2016. Marilyn was born in Appleton on November 8, 1937, daughter of the late Joseph and Waltera (Van Nuland) Smits. On October 2 of 1958, she married Jerry Minten, and the couple was blessed with four children: Cindy (Tom) McMahon of Little Chute; Tracey (Paul) Van Hoof of Dexter, Michigan; Jeff (Deanna) Minten of Kimberly; and Brian (Cindy) Minten of Green Bay. Marilyn's grandchildren are Brad (Angie) McMahon, Jill (Tim) Verstegen, Tim (Megan) McMahon, Jacob Van Hoof, Morgan Van Hoof, Courtney Minten, Zachary Minten, Jordyn (Bradley) Frank, and Brianna (Scott) Van Haaster. Her great-grandchildren are: Layton, Taylor, and Bennett McMahon; Luke and Evie Verstegen; Elouise McMahon; Audey and Austyn Frank; Cooper Van Haaster, and one addition expected very soon! Marilyn is further survived by a sister: Janice (Ed) Fuhrman of Hazelhurst; a brother: Marvin (Carol) Smits of Appleton; three sisters-in-law: Joan Hammen of Combined Locks, Nancy (Clair) Bolwerk of Kimberly, and Janice Minten of Darboy; a brother-in-law: Dave (Carolyn) Minten of DePere; and an uncle: Cyril (Norma) Van Heeswyk of Arizona. She was preceded in death by her parents, and brothers-in-law Gene Minten and Ronald Hammen.
For many years, Marilyn taught second grade religion at St. Paul School in Combined Locks. There she made some wonderful and lifelong friends. She enjoyed crafts such as ceramics and painting, reading, and shopping. In her younger years, the family spent time camping near Minocqua and an occasional visit to a casino, but after Jerry's retirement, the couple began to travel to Florida. One of her fondest memories was her trip to see Clay Aiken's concert - for sure she was a "Clay-mate"! Most of all, she was her grandkids' greatest supporter and biggest fan. She spent countless hours watching them play football, basketball, volleyball, and rugby or admire their ability to wrestle, run cross country, or dance. The grandkids loved it when she was in the audience. Marilyn was very proud of the fact that she got her driver's license at age 50 - no matter she didn't drive much anyway - she was proud to have gotten her license. Her nickname quickly became "Wheels" when she received her license. Each day, she looked forward to coffee and discussion with her dear friend, Alice Ahrens.
The funeral liturgy for Marilyn will be held at 11:00 AM on Friday, December 23, 2016 at ST. PAUL CATHOLIC CHURCH, 410 E. Wallace Street in Combined Locks, with Fr. Andrew Kysely officiating. Family and friends are invited to gather at the church on Friday morning from 9:00 AM until the hour of the service. For more information or to share a memory of Marilyn, please visit www.wichmannfargo.com.
It is so fitting that Marilyn was called home to Jesus at Christmas time. It was her favorite time of year. Marilyn was not shy about gifts for the family. Each Christmas, parents needed to take the kids out for a drive to look at Christmas lights, just to buy grandma enough time to haul the many bags filled with presents downstairs and place them around the tree. She was proud of her Christmas Village, which she set up and lit up each Christmas. When the grandchildren were young, she loved to share the village with them. As the grandchildren got a bit older, they were permitted to help Marilyn set the village up - an event eagerly awaited by all. There's a famous song that includes the words "there's no place like home for the holidays….." This year, Marilyn really is HOME for the holidays and we will all miss her dearly.
Carolyn Alice Wydeven
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Libra
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Nancy Lee Minten
Michael John Bolwerk
Lloyd Peter Smits
M, b. December 13, 1920, d. October 21, 2016
- Birth: Lloyd Peter Smits was born on December 13, 1920 in Ashwaubenon, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 25, 1947 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 21, 2016, at age 95, in Ashwaubenon, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
- Note: Lloyd Peter Smits, 95, Ashwaubenon, passed away unexpectedly on Friday Oct. 21, 2016 at his home. The son of Peter Jacob and Henrietta (Linders) Smits was born on Dec. 13, 1920 in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin.
Lloyd completed all eight years of his education at Parkview School in Ashwaubenon.
In July of 1945, he entered the U.S. Army, proudly serving his country in World War II. Lloyd was in the 183rd Battalion Military Police and was stationed in the German Cities of Mannheim and Frankfurt.
Upon discharge in Feb. 1947, Lloyd married Jean T. Janssen. The nuptials took place at St. Joseph Church, West De Pere, on Oct. 25, 1947.
Lloyd lived his whole life in Ashwaubenon and retired from farming in 1974. Lloyd was a proud member of VFW Post 2113and was often seen wearing his Veterans hat. Some of Lloyd's many hobbies included hunting, gardening, playing card, spending time with his family and cheering for the Packers and Brewers. His amazing sense of humor will be missed by all those who knew him. He will forever be in our hearts. Dad we love you!
Survivors include his loving wife, Jean, of almost 69 years. Lloyd's three surviving sisters include: Dorothy Thomson, Adell Spreeman and Verna Mae Parins. He is further survived by six children: Gary (Judy), Max( Colleen), Judy Rottier(Mike), Gloria VanderLogt(Mike), Glen(Julie) and Pete(Penny). He is also survived by fourteen grandchildren and sixteen great grandchildren. His surviving three brother-in-laws are Dr. Willard Janssen, Eugene Spreeman, and Vernon Bruss and his one surviving sister-in-law is Betty Mae Bruss. He will also be sadly missed by many nieces and nephews.
Lloyd was preceded in death by four siblings and their spouses: Roman(Gen), Clarence, Raymond (Lorraine) and Norma(John) Minten. Five brother-in-laws: Joe Thomson, Mel Thomson, Conrad Berken and Celest (Sonny) Parins, Floyd Janssen, and one sister-in-law Mary Jo Janssen. Lloyd was also preceded in death by his son Paul Joseph and grandson Robert Gary Smits.
Friends may call at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Family, corner of Lourdes Ave. and Suburban Drive, De Pere from 5 - 7PM Monday October 24, 2016. Visitation will continue after 9:00AM Tuesday at the church, until the Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30AM with Fr. Tim Shillcox O.Praem. officiating. Please go to www.ryanfh.com to send online condolences to the family. RYAN FUNERAL HOME, De Pere is assisting the family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Oct. 22 to Oct. 25, 2016.
James Raymond Duprey
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Dorothy Henrietta Smits
F, b. November 10, 1918
- Birth: Dorothy Henrietta Smits was born on November 10, 1918 in Ashwaubenon, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry Joseph Thomson were married on June 22, 1940.
Henry Joseph Thomson
M, b. November 12, 1916, d. February 12, 1999
- Birth: Henry Joseph Thomson was born on November 12, 1916 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Dorothy Henrietta Smits were married on June 22, 1940.
- Death: Henry Joseph Thomson died on February 12, 1999, at age 82, in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Lori Geralyn VanEperen
Verna Mae Smits
Celest Norbert Parins
M, b. October 11, 1919, d. October 10, 1985
- Birth: Celest Norbert Parins was born on October 11, 1919.
- Death: He died on October 10, 1985, at age 65, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Bernard S Bethke
M, b. April 14, 1927, d. February 14, 2004
- Birth: Bernard S Bethke was born on April 14, 1927.
- Marriage: He and Roslyn Sylvia Curtis were married on April 11, 1953.
- Death: Bernard S Bethke died on February 14, 2004, at age 76.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Family Cemetery (formerly St Mary), Brillion, Wisconsin.
- Note: Bethke , Bernard S.
Parkside Care Center
Age 76, formerly of Brillion, died Sunday, February 15, 2004. He was born April 14, 1927 in Kasson, son of the late Peter and Elsie (Hauser) Bethke . On April 11, 1953 he married Roslyn Curtis. He worked at Brillion Iron Works until his retirement in 1989. He was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion. Survivors include his wife, Rosie his children: Sylvia (Robert) Loose, Forest Junction Dave (Laurie) Bethke , Reedsville Sharon Brochtrup, Ohio Barb (Dwight) Hogan, IL Dan (Lori) Bethke and Jean Broehm, all of Kaukauna 17 grandchildren, two great-grandchildren, a sister, Loretta Fritsch, Wrightstown and a brother, Peter (Clara) Bethke , Greenleaf. Bernard was preceded in death by his parents, a son, Harold and a brother, Delbert. Mass of Christian Burial will be Thursday, February 19, at 4 p.m. at Holy Family Catholic Church in Brillion. The Rev. Tom Long will officiate. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the church, 1100 W. Ryan Street in Brillion on Thursday from 1 p.m. until the time of mass. The Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion is assisting the family with arrangements.
Roslyn Sylvia Curtis
F, b. October 27, 1934, d. April 6, 2009
- Birth: Roslyn Sylvia Curtis was born on October 27, 1934 in Duck Creek, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Bernard S Bethke were married on April 11, 1953.
- Death: Roslyn Sylvia Curtis died on April 6, 2009, at age 74, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Family Cemetery (formerly St Mary), Brillion, Wisconsin.
- Note: April 8, 2009
Bethke, Roslyn Sylvia "Rosie"
Roslyn Sylvia "Rosie" Bethke, age 74, of Parkside Home, Little Chute, died on Monday, April 6, 2009, at Appleton Medical Center. She was born October 27, 1934, in Duck Creek, daughter of the late Vernon and Blanche (Terien) Curtis. She married Bernard Bethke on April 11, 1953, in Duck Creek. Rosie was a member of Holy Family Parish in Brillion.
Survivors include her children: Sylvia (Robert) Loose of Forest Junction; David (Laurie) Bethke of Reedsville; Sharon Brochtrup of Neenah; Barb (Dwight) Hogan of Belvidere, IL; Daniel (Lori) Bethke of Kaukauna; Jean (James) Spietz of Kaukauna; 26 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren, two great-great-grandchildren; three sisters: Judy (Emil) Surma of Krakow, Dorothy Rader of Green Bay, Verna Curtis of Green Bay; and a brother, Kenneth (Lorraine) Curtis of Bellevue.
She was preceded in death by her husband Bernard on February 15, 2004, a son Harold, two sisters and four brothers.
Mass of Christian burial will be held on Wednesday (TODAY), April 8, 2009, at 6 p.m. at Holy Family Church in Brillion. The Rev. Mathew Simonar will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Brillion. Friends may call at the church on Wednesday from 2 p.m. until the time of mass. The Wieting Funeral Home in Brillion is assisting the Bethke family with arrangements.
A special thanks to the wonderful staff that took part in caring for our mom during her stay in ICU at Appleton Medical Center. Not only are we grateful, we know our mother is also. Words can't describe enough what all your kind words, acts and gestures meant to all of us. Each and every one of you will be in our hearts. Again, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts! The Roslyn Bethke family.
Margaret Esther Conlon
F, b. July 24, 1854, d. April 20, 1930
Family: John L Garvey (b. circa 1835, d. November 1, 1912)
- John Garvey (b. November 25, 1874, d. circa 1887)
- Bridget Garvey (b. August 22, 1879, d. November 16, 1905)
- John Garvey (b. circa 1880, d. 1887)
- Mary Garvey (b. February 22, 1882, d. December 31, 1952)
- Patrick Garvey (b. circa 1885)
- Margaret Garvey (b. circa 1887, d. 1887)
- Katherine Garvey (b. circa 1887, d. 1887)
- William Garvey (b. circa 1887, d. 1887)
- Marcella A Garvey (b. March 23, 1887, d. August 25, 1980)
- Margaret Garvey (b. September 14, 1889, d. April 23, 1957)
- Joseph Edmund Garvey (b. September 12, 1892, d. April 18, 1958)
- John Garvey (b. January 30, 1894, d. October 8, 1894)
- Birth: Margaret Esther Conlon was born on July 24, 1854 in County Westmeath, Ireland.
- Marriage: She and John L Garvey were married on October 14, 1872.
- Death: Margaret Esther Conlon died on April 20, 1930, at age 75, in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.