Gary Alan Dresang
M, b. September 28, 1943, d. August 14, 2017
- Birth: Gary Alan Dresang was born on September 28, 1943 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Carole J Mostek were married on August 2, 1980 in Brown County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gary Alan Dresang died on August 14, 2017, at age 73.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gary A. Dresang, a longtime teacher of physical education in Wauwatosa, completed life on Aug. 14, 2017. He was 73.
Asked near the end of his illness what was best about his life, Gary said, "The kids." For 31 years, Gary taught at Washington Elementary School. Children called him Mr. D. His lessons extended beyond instilling fitness, activity and teamwork as lifelong pursuits. For more than a generation of schoolchildren and their parents, Gary modeled the individual devotion and self-sacrifice that make educators inspirations.
After retiring from teaching, Gary drove a parking shuttle bus at Mitchell International Airport, where he sometimes met up with former students and usually could recite the names and birth order of all their siblings.
Gary was born Sept. 28, 1943, in Appleton, Wis. He graduated from Kimberly High School and the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Gary was an ardent sports fan. He sat in Section 8, Row 4, Seat 9 at the 1967 Ice Bowl and was a charter donor to the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame.
Gary was preceded in death by his wife, Carole, his parents, Norbert and Margie, and his brother, Bryon. He is survived by two stepsons, Robert and Aaron Mostek, and by his siblings Dennis (Maxine Austin), Dick, Karen (Louie) Gardner, Joel (Mary) and Beth (Kevin) Schaller. He is further survived by Bryon's widow, Lois, 18 nieces and nephews and their children.
A visitation is scheduled for 4-6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 31 at Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral Services, 10121 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa.
A graveside service is scheduled for 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 2, following a 1-2 p.m. visitation at the chapel at Appleton Highland Memorial Park.
Please consider donations to the Wauwatosa School District, 12121 W. North Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53226, Attn: Gary Dresang Memorial.
Schmidt & Bartelt Funeral & Cremation Services
10121 W. North Avenue
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Aug. 27, 2017.
Joel Robert Dresang
Carole J Mostek
F, b. March 14, 1944, d. yes
- Birth: Carole J Mostek was born on March 14, 1944.
- Marriage: She and Gary Alan Dresang were married on August 2, 1980 in Brown County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Carole J Mostek died yes.
Richard Wayne Dresang
Karen Sue Dresang
Beth Marie Dresang
Charles A Fischer
M, b. November 24, 1907, d. March 9, 1987
- Birth: Charles A Fischer was born on November 24, 1907 in Town of Ellington, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Helen A Thieman were married on November 24, 1927.
- Death: Charles A Fischer died on March 9, 1987, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
Helen A Thieman
F, b. August 24, 1910, d. February 3, 2004
- Birth: Helen A Thieman was born on August 24, 1910 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Charles A Fischer were married on November 24, 1927.
- Death: Helen A Thieman died on February 3, 2004, at age 93, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Nicholas Cemetery, Freedom, Wisconsin.
M, b. August 30, 1842, d. August 23, 1933
- Francis Joseph Fischer (b. December 4, 1868, d. June 18, 1914)
- Marie Alfonsine Fischer (b. August 11, 1871, d. February 26, 1920)
- Emil Dominick Fischer (b. November 1, 1872, d. November 13, 1948)
- Dominic Fischer (b. January 8, 1874, d. September 14, 1976)
- Alfonse Fischer (b. October 17, 1878, d. February 22, 1916)
- Albert Fischer (b. March 25, 1882, d. October 14, 1883)
- Albert Fischer (b. September 23, 1884, d. 1968)
- Charles Dominick Fischer (b. May 29, 1887, d. December 1983)
- Mary Margaret Fischer (b. April 26, 1892)
- Birth: Dominic Fischer was born on August 30, 1842 in France.
- Marriage: He and Catherine Margaret Schaldenbrand were married on May 25, 1868.
- Death: Dominic Fischer died on August 23, 1933, at age 90, in Ontario, Canada.
M, b. October 17, 1878, d. February 22, 1916
- Birth: Alfonse Fischer was born on October 17, 1878.
- Death: He died on February 22, 1916, at age 37, in Ontario, Canada.
M, b. January 8, 1874, d. September 14, 1976
- Birth: Dominic Fischer was born on January 8, 1874 in Germany.
- Death: He died on September 14, 1976, at age 102, in Winona, Winona Co, Minnesota.
Marie Alfonsine Fischer
F, b. August 11, 1871, d. February 26, 1920
- Birth: Marie Alfonsine Fischer was born on August 11, 1871.
- Death: She died on February 26, 1920, at age 48, in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada.
M, b. March 25, 1882, d. October 14, 1883
- Birth: Albert Fischer was born on March 25, 1882.
- Death: He died on October 14, 1883, at age 1.
Ellen Myrtle Rodgers
F, b. July 15, 1884, d. August 14, 1884
- Birth: Ellen Myrtle Rodgers was born on July 15, 1884 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 14, 1884, at age 0.
Louise D Bruyette
F, b. July 16, 1866, d. October 27, 1928
Family: William Rodgers (b. January 15, 1855, d. August 4, 1947)
- Ellen Myrtle Rodgers (b. July 15, 1884, d. August 14, 1884)
- Clara Ida Rodgers (b. December 20, 1886, d. before 1900)
- Edith Rodgers (b. December 20, 1886, d. June 5, 1887)
- Robert Vernon Rodgers (b. July 29, 1888, d. June 15, 1980)
- Gilbert Harold Rodgers (b. July 11, 1890, d. August 3, 1939)
- Archie Rodgers (b. December 8, 1897, d. October 7, 1980)
- Leona Rodgers (b. July 10, 1905, d. July 1905)
- Birth: Louise D Bruyette was born on July 16, 1866 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and William Rodgers were married on August 1, 1882 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Louise D Bruyette died on October 27, 1928, at age 62, in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Delores Elizabeth Fischer
F, b. April 1, 1926, d. January 12, 2009
- Birth: Delores Elizabeth Fischer was born on April 1, 1926 in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Clifford Henry Reiland were married on September 29, 1943 in St Peter & Paul Church, Hortonville, Wisconsin.
- Death: Delores Elizabeth Fischer died on January 12, 2009, at age 82, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St Edward Cemetery, Mackville, Wisconsin.
- Note: January 14, 2009
Reiland, Delores E.
Delores Elizabeth (Fischer) Reiland, age 82, of Hortonville, passed away Monday evening, January 12, 2009, at Appleton Health Care Center, after a courageous battle with cancer. Delores was born April 1, 1926, in Hortonville, to the late Emil and Mary (Meyer) Fischer, she was the youngest of thirteen children.
On September 29, 1943, Delores was united in marriage to Clifford H. Reiland at St. Peter and Paul Catholic, in Hortonville. Her loving husband, Clifford preceded her in death in 1990.
Delores enjoyed bookkeeping, cooking and baking for everyone, tending to her flower gardens, playing cards, bingo, reading, cross stitch, and embroidery. Most of all she loved the quality time spent with her wonderful grandchildren. She was a faithful member of St. Edward Catholic Parish, in Mackville, and in more recent years St. Peter and Paul Catholic Parish, in Hortonville.
Delores is survived by her three daughters: Kelly (Mark) Radtke, Shiocton; Peggy (Kenneth) Mathena, Appleton; Julie Maas, Hortonville; nine grandchildren: Amanda, Bailey, Cody, DJ, Anthony, Andrew, Mandy, Mikelle, and Brandon; her sister, Laurine King; two brothers: Robert (Marion) Fischer and Donald Fischer; and numerous nieces and nephews including her special nieces: Patricia Baum and Barb Broehm; and nephew, Gary Fischer.
In addition to her husband, Clifford, Delores was preceded in death by six brothers: Emil, Ben, Ray, Charlie, Art, and Ike; three sisters: Helen Heinemann, Marie Miller, and Marcella Roark.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held Friday 11 a.m. January 16, 2009, at St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, 109 N. Olk Street, in Hortonville. Fr. James Feely and Fr. Charles Brooks will be the celebrants. A time of visitation and support will be held at the church on Thursday, January 15, 2009, from 4-8 p.m. and again at the church on January 16, 2009, at 9:30 a.m. until the time of service, at 11 a.m. Interment will take place at St. Edward Cemetery, in Mackville.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Delores name.
Delores's family would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the staff at Thedacare hospice for all their wonderful care and support.
Delores will always be remembered for her caring ways, and opening her heart. Her greatest joy was to adopt her three daughters, and all though they were not flesh of her flesh, they were always in her heart. She will be missed dearly, we love you mom!
WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME
537 N. Superior Street
Kelly Ann Reiland
Charles Dominick Fischer
M, b. May 29, 1887, d. December 1983
- Birth: Charles Dominick Fischer was born on May 29, 1887.
- Death: He died in December 1983, at age 96.
Mary Margaret Fischer
F, b. April 26, 1892
- Birth: Mary Margaret Fischer was born on April 26, 1892.
M, b. September 23, 1884, d. 1968
- Birth: Albert Fischer was born on September 23, 1884.
- Death: He died in 1968, at age ~84, in Ontario, Canada.