Donald Francis Porto
M, b. October 23, 1948, d. April 10, 2013
- Birth: Donald Francis Porto was born on October 23, 1948 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 14, 1970 in St Pius X Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 10, 2013, at age 64.
- Note: Donald Francis Porto October 23, 1948 - April 10, 2013 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16) Donald Francis Porto was born in Appleton, Wisconsin, to Joseph A. Porto and Ethel M. Peterson. Don graduated from Appleton West High School in 1968. Don spent the first 39 years of his life in Wisconsin before moving to Kalamazoo, MI, in 1987. In 1989 Don moved his family to Waco, TX, and in 1992 he moved his family for the last time to Bakersfield, CA. Don was by trade a paper mill printing manager, which was a job he loved for over 35 years. Don spent the last several years assembling furniture, exercise equipment, grills, and whatever else somebody needed to put together. Donald Francis Porto was a man's man. He believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, being a good husband, father, and loyal friend. He never shied away from hard work. It wasn't uncommon for him to work multiple jobs in one day. Don never gave up. He didn't believe in quitting or a government handout. If he wanted or needed something, he worked for it. He was always there for his family or anybody in need. In Don, you would never meet a more unselfish man. Some called Don the hardest working man they ever met. Don met his lovely wife, Patricia (Flood) Porto, in 1969; and they were married November 14, 1970, and spent the next 42 years together. Donald is survived by his wife, Patricia; two sons, David and Scott; his daughter, Sara (Porto) Elms; son in-law, Logan; five godchildren, Leah, Claire, Hannah, and Ben Altman and Kitrina Mulroy. Don also leaves behind two sisters, Shirley (David) Mulroy, Joann (Bob) VerKuilen; and two brothers, Richard Porto and Carlos (Mox) Krieck; as well as countless nieces, nephews, and friends. His life will be celebrated on Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at 3:00 p.m. at Greenlawn Funeral Home Southwest, 2739 Panama Lane. If you would like to leave a message for Donald and his family, you're welcome to do so at the following website: www.memorialwebsites.legacy.com/DonaldPorto/Homepage.aspx. For condolences please visit www.greenlawnmortuaryandcemetery.com. Greenlawn Funeral Homes Southwest www.bakersfield.com/obits
Published in Bakersfield Californian on April 16, 2013.
Valerie J Mulroy
F, b. September 29, 1972, d. September 13, 2017
- Birth: Valerie J Mulroy was born on September 29, 1972 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on September 13, 2017, at age 44, in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Valerie J. Mulroy, age 44 of Hortonville, died unexpectedly at her residence on Wednesday, September 13, 2017. Valerie was born in Appleton, WI on September 29, 1972, the daughter of David and Shirley (Porto) Mulroy. She grew up in Dale. Valerie graduated from Fox Valley Technical College with a degree in Computer Programming and then resided in Hortonville. Valerie was a very beautiful, caring and intelligent person. She was an amazing and wonderful mother and did everything that she could for her son, James. She enjoyed hiking, camping, and outdoors. Valerie was very close to her grandmother, Ethel Krieck. Valerie loved spending time with her beloved dog, Janis Joplin.
Valerie is survived by her son, James (partner Ievgeniia Galkina) Mulroy; her special friend, Steven Wilber; parents David and Shirley Mulroy; siblings, Stephanie Mulroy, Shaun Mulroy, Andrew Mulroy (special friend Susie Betts), Daniel Mulroy, and Katina Mulroy (fiancé Christopher Oelke); niece, Sadie Mulroy; and god parents, Richard and Judy Mulroy. She is further survived by numerous aunts, uncles, cousins, other relatives and friends.
A Celebration of Valerie's Life will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 23, 2017, at Borchardt & Moder Funeral Home (109 W. Main St.), Hortonville. Family and friends are invited to visit directly at the funeral home on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers a memorial fund has been established.
F, b. July 14, 1894, d. December 8, 1973
- Birth: Millicent Femal was born on July 14, 1894 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 8, 1973, at age 79.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
Delores M VanderBloomen
F, b. February 7, 1926, d. January 26, 2004
- Birth: Delores M VanderBloomen was born on February 7, 1926.
- Marriage: She and Richard J Petri were married on May 25, 1946 in St John the Baptist Church, Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Delores M VanderBloomen died on January 26, 2004, at age 77, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Richard J Petri
M, b. July 15, 1917, d. July 21, 2001
- Birth: Richard J Petri was born on July 15, 1917.
- Marriage: He and Delores M VanderBloomen were married on May 25, 1946 in St John the Baptist Church, Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Richard J Petri died on July 21, 2001, at age 84.
Diane Lynn Petri
F, b. December 26, 1949, d. April 23, 2017
- Birth: Diane Lynn Petri was born on December 26, 1949 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on May 12, 1973 in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on April 23, 2017, at age 67.
- Note: Diane Lynn Kaster, 67, De Pere, died Sunday, April 23, 2017 after a long battle with cancer. She was born December 26, 1949 in Green Bay, the daughter of Richard and Delores (Vander Bloemen) Petri.
Diane graduated from Bay Port High School, Class of 1966. She married Donald W. Kaster on May 12, 1973 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Howard. Diane was a member of the Chantelles women's singing group for 27 years.
She loved music, dolls, painting ceramics, brandy Old Fashioned sweet with olives, and riding the quad cycle that Don built. Diane loved parties and playing games with her children and grandchildren. She made life an adventure with a smile for all who knew her.
Diane is survived by her husband, Donald W. Kaster, West De Pere; her children: Loriann (Michael) Edwards, West De Pere; Jason (Michelle) Kaster, Green Bay; Theresa Kaster (her special friend, Ron) La Crosse; three grandchildren, Michael Kaster, Madeline Kaster, and Jake Kaster; two brothers: Steve (Florence) Petri, Seymour; and David (Janie) Petri, Green Bay; many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Jeff Petri.
Friends may call at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, corner of Suburban Dr. and Lourdes Ave., West De Pere, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Friday. The Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church with Fr. Tim Shillcox O. Praem officiating. Blaney Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.BlaneyFuneralHome.com.
The Kaster family would like to extend a special thank you to the Chantelles for their care and support throughout the years.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Apr. 25, 2017.
M, b. August 23, 1959, d. April 9, 2007
- Birth: Jeffrey Petri was born on August 23, 1959.
- Death: He died on April 9, 2007, at age 47.