M, b. February 27, 1922, d. August 30, 1953
St John High School Yearbook 1940
- Birth: Harvey VanLankvelt was born on February 27, 1922 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mildred R Verbeten were married on September 1, 1945.
- Death: Harvey VanLankvelt died on August 30, 1953, at age 31, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/6/15E.
- Note: Source: Appleton Post Crescent Obituary
Monday, August 31, 1953
Driving Injuries Fatal To Man, 31
Kimberly Resident Was Hurt Tuesday At Little Chute Park
Harvey Van Lan Landvelt, 31, of 820 E. 1st St., Kimberly, died Sunday afternoon of injuries received when he struck a rock when he dove into the canal off Doyle Park in Little Chute Tuesday night. Van Lankvelt suffered a severed spinal cord and several fractured vetebrae. He was rushed to St. Elizabeth Hospital. He was paralyzed from the shoulders down. Van Lankvelt also suffered lacerations of the head but there was no skull fracture. Cornor Bernard Kemps said there will be no inquest. Van Lankvelt was at Doyle Park attending a picnic when the mishap occurred.
Born February 27, 1922 at Little Chute, Van Lankvelt was employed in the technical department of the Kimberly mill of the Kimberly Clark Corp.
Survivors include the widow; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Van Lankvelt, Little Chute; four brother, Wilbur, Kimberly; Roger, in the United States Navy; James and Larry, Little Chute; and four sisters, Mrs. Perry Martin, Menasha; Mrs. William Landreman, Kaukauna; Carol and Sharon Van Lankvelt, Little Chute; his maternal grandmother, Mrs. Lucy Pennings, Clintonville.
The rosary will be recited at 7:30 Monday and Tuesday evenings at the Jansen Funeral Home, Kimberly, and a requiem mass will be offered at 9 o'clock Wednesday morning at the Holy Name Catholic Church, Kimberly. Burial will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute.
- Graduation: He graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1940.
Alvin J Rathsack
M, b. February 26, 1924, d. August 8, 2003
- Birth: Alvin J Rathsack was born on February 26, 1924 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Veda Lillian Besaw were married on May 27, 1946 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Alvin J Rathsack died on August 8, 2003, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Veda Lillian Besaw
F, b. February 14, 1926, d. April 30, 2007
- Birth: Veda Lillian Besaw was born on February 14, 1926 in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Alvin J Rathsack were married on May 27, 1946 in St Therese Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Veda Lillian Besaw died on April 30, 2007, at age 81, in Shawano, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: May 2, 2007
Rathsack, Veda L. Veda Lillian Rathsack, age 81 of Hwy VV in Berry Lake, passed away Monday, April 30, 2007, in Shawano. Veda was born on February 14, 1926, in Shawano, the daughter of the late Edward C. and Veda (Lahn) Besaw. On May 27, 1946, she was united in marriage to Alvin J. Rathsack at St. Therese Catholic Church in Appleton. Alvin preceded her in death on August 8, 2003. She was a member of St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Appleton and St. Michael's Catholic Church in Keshena. Veda loved her family and traveling the world. She followed her husband, Alvin, who was in the Navy for twenty-some years, all over the world including Japan, Hawaii, and Washington State. After he retired, the couple moved back to the Appleton area because of family living there. Veda was a dietician for the school system in both Appleton and Keshena. After she retired, Alvin and Veda spent many wonderful years on Berry Lake where they resided until their deaths. They enjoyed each other and their large increasing family and spending many happy days on the lake.
Veda is survived by her daughter, Natasha Rathsack, Appleton; five sons: Alvin E. (Sharon), Hortonville; Terry (Robin), Appleton; Edward (Diane), Mackville; Paul (Robin), Shawano; Bernard, Appleton; twenty-two grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a brother, Terry; two sisters: June, Yvonne; and her extended family, Rick and Shelly Warrington of Keshena.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Alvin; two sons: James, Bruce; a grandson, Terry; daughter-in-law, Kim; and her parents.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 3, 2007, at the St. Michael's Catholic Church in Keshena with the Rev. David Barrett officiating. Burial will be at Highland Memorial Park in Appleton. Family and friends may call at the Swedberg Funeral Home in Shawano on Wednesday from 4 until 8 p.m. A Parish Wake Service will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to Paul Rathsack for his wonderful care given to their mother. The family would also like to give a huge thank you to the Shawano Community Hospice and all their wonderful care.
Marjorie K Geurts
F, b. June 21, 1921, d. August 8, 2003
- Birth: Marjorie K Geurts was born on June 21, 1921 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Rosenberg were married on May 22, 1982 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Marjorie K Geurts died on August 8, 2003, at age 82, in Fox Point, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. September 10, 1910, d. November 29, 1992
- Birth: Joseph Rosenberg was born on September 10, 1910.
- Marriage: He and Marjorie K Geurts were married on May 22, 1982 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Joseph Rosenberg died on November 29, 1992, at age 82, in Palm Beach, Palm Beach Co, Florida.
Eileen M Geurts
F, b. August 1, 1928, d. April 30, 2017
- Birth: Eileen M Geurts was born on August 1, 1928 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Ralph William Weins were married on April 11, 1947.
- Death: Eileen M Geurts died on April 30, 2017, at age 88, in California.
- Note: Weins, Eileen Marie
Eileen Weins, age 88, peacefully passed away on Sunday evening, April 30, 2017. She was born on August 1, 1928, in Freedom, Wisconsin, daughter of the late Albert and Mary Geurts. On April 11, 1947, she married Ralph Weins of Hilbert and together they traveled to California and made it their home where they raised four sons. Ralph passed in 1995 but Eileen remained there for 70 years.
Eileen is survived by her sons: Larry (Jude), Dennis (Diane) and Mark (Linda); 10 grandchildren and many great grandchildren; her siblings: Ursula (Jerry) Zwiers, Joe (Shirley) Geurts, and Ivo Geurts; sisters-in-law: Rita Geurts, Jackie Lemberger, and Elenor Muenster; many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Eileen was preceded in death by her loving husband, Ralph; a son, Michael; her parents, Albert and Mary Geurts; father and mother-in-law, Michael and Rose Weins; siblings: Mae Schommer, Marge Rosenberg, and John Geurts; Ralph's siblings: Dorothy Strizic, Bernice Skell, Jerry Weins, and Mary Lou Wendt; sisters-in-law: Mary Geurts and Marilyn Weins; brothers-in-law: Joe Rosenberg, Jack Schommer, Louis Skell, John Strizic, Robert Lemberger, Otis Wendt, and John Muenster.
Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Friday, May 5, 2017, at St. Nicholas Catholic Church, W2037 County Road S, Freedom. Visitation will be at the church on Friday from 11:00 a.m. until the time of the Mass. Interment will be next to Ralph in Queen of Heaven Cemetery, Rowland Heights, California. For online condolences, please visit www.verkuilenfh.com.
Ralph William Weins
M, b. May 7, 1923, d. January 30, 1995
- Father: Michael Weins (b. October 28, 1892, d. June 5, 1982)
- Mother: Rose Knier (b. February 15, 1894, d. September 17, 1961)
- Birth: Ralph William Weins was born on May 7, 1923 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Eileen M Geurts were married on April 11, 1947.
- Death: Ralph William Weins died on January 30, 1995, at age 71, in LaHabra, Orange Co, California.
Mary Therese (Mae) Geurts
F, b. March 2, 1931, d. October 24, 2012
- Birth: Mary Therese (Mae) Geurts was born on March 2, 1931 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John D Schommer were married on August 18, 1951 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mary Therese (Mae) Geurts died on October 24, 2012, at age 81, in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/2/52W.
- Note: Mae Schommer, Freedom, age 81, entered eternal life on Wednesday October 24, 2012 at her home after a courageous battle with cancer. She was born in Freedom on March 2, 1931 to the late Albert and Mary (Vandenberg) Geurts. Mae married Jack Schommer at St. Nicholas Parish on August 18, 1951. She loved to travel, whether it was winter trips to California and Florida or trips abroad. Her favorite trip was to Medjugorie. Mae's faith played a large role in her life, praying the rosary daily. She was active at St. Nicholas Parish where she sang with the funeral choir and belonged to numerous prayer groups. Mae loved to socialize and will be remembered as the life of the party that appreciated a good martini. She enjoyed her three Bridge clubs and playing Sheephead. In younger years, she golfed and bowled. Mae was a member of the Freedom VFW Women's Auxiliary and the Freedom Historical Society. She was employed for many years at Schenck and Associates and loved her job and co-workers.
Mae is survived by her husband of 61 years, Jack; children: Susan (Terry) Muenster, Seymour; Bill "Baldy" (special friend Sandi Ryan), Florence; Bob (Donna), Freedom; Rick (Cindy), Freedom; and Stacey, Stevens Point; grandchildren: Jason (Leah), Kristin and Cody (special friend Marsha) Muenster, Nicole, Craig, Eric, Brett, Adam and Alyssa Schommer; great grandchildren: Zachary, Jacob and Elliana Muenster; brothers and sisters: Ivo (Mary) Geurts, Eileen Weins, Ursie (Jerry) Zwiers and Joe (Shirley) Geurts; and sister-in-law: Rita Geurts. She is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
In addition to her parents, Mae was preceded in death by her grandchildren: Derrick and Annie Schommer; sister and brother: Marge (Joe) Rosenberg and John Geurts; and members of Jack's family.
Visitation will be held Monday October 29, 2012 at O'CONNELL FUNERAL HOME (1776 E. Main Little Chute) beginning at 4:00 p.m. until time of Vigil service at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will continue Tuesday October 30, 2012 at ST. NICHOLAS PARISH (W2037 County Road S Freedom) beginning at 11:00 a.m. until time of Mass at 1:00 p.m. The Rev. Daniel Felton will officiate. Committal St. Nicholas Cemetery. To sign the guest book, please visit oconnellfh.com.
Thank you to the doctors, nurses and Unity Hospice. A special thank you to Sandi Ryan for the tender loving care she gave to our Mom.
(the obit says St. Nicholas Cemetery, but they have a stone at St. John.)
M, b. July 10, 1910, d. May 5, 1973
- Birth: Henry Anschutz was born on July 10, 1910.
- Death: He died on May 5, 1973, at age 62.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Elmer Martin Ryba
M, b. April 6, 1925, d. August 11, 2003
- Birth: Elmer Martin Ryba was born on April 6, 1925 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Lucille Ida Mischler were married on April 22, 1946 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: Elmer Martin Ryba died on August 11, 2003, at age 78, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/8/11.
Lucille Ida Mischler
F, b. January 25, 1929, d. December 23, 2005
- Birth: Lucille Ida Mischler was born on January 25, 1929 in Town of Buchanan, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Elmer Martin Ryba were married on April 22, 1946 in St John Nepomucene Church, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- Death: Lucille Ida Mischler died on December 23, 2005, at age 76, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/8/11.
- Note: December 25, 2005
Ryba, Lucille I. "Ceil" Lucille I. "Ceil" Ryba, 76, Little Chute, passed away unexpectedly on Friday, Dec. 23, 2005, at Appleton Medical Center. She was born Jan. 25, 1929, to the late Fred and Henrietta (Micke) Mischler in the Town of Buchanan. She married Elmer M. Ryba on Aug. 22, 1946, in Little Chute and he preceded her in death on Aug. 11, 2003. Lucille was a member of St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church and also the Resurrection Choir. She worked at Essential Products and Jacks Pizza before retiring. Lucille enjoyed painting, playing guitar and needle work. She will be remembered for being a great joke teller. Lucille is survived by her daughters, Deborah (Mike) Kersten and Darlene (Mike) Borchardt, both of Wittenberg; her son, Michael Ryba, Little Chute; seven grandchildren, Mary (Tom) Broda, Troy and Todd Borchardt, Allen and Andrew Kersten, Meghan and Erin Ryba; and their mother, Mary Arthur; great-grandson, Michael Welichko; sister, Delores Lopas; sister-in-law, Thelma "Peanuts" Ryba; brothers-in-law, Henry Ryba and Eugene Evers; and many very special nieces and nephews who held a special place in her heart. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; brother, Allen (Rita) Mischler; sisters, Elaine (Donald) Diestler and Rosemary Evers. Funeral services will be held at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2005, at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Little Chute, with Rev. Patrick Beno officiating. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery. Friends may call at the church on Wednesday from 2 p.m. until the time of mass. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund is being established. The family wishes to thank the AMC Hospital ICU staff and physicians for their exceptional care and efforts. VERKUILEN FUNERAL HOME & CREMATION SERVICES Little Chute 920-788-3321.
Henry George Ryba
M, b. February 11, 1924, d. July 23, 2014
- Birth: Henry George Ryba was born on February 11, 1924 in Little Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 23, 2014, at age 90.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, New/8/11.
- Note: Henry G. Ryba passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the St Paul Home in Kaukauna, where he had been a resident for several years. He was born February 11, 1924, son of the late George and Catherine (Schumacher) Ryba. Henry worked at Appleton Machine Company until his retirement.
Survivors include his sister, Rosemary (George) Huss; sister-in-law, Thelma (Orville) Ryba and several nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers: Elmer (Lucille) Ryba, Orville, Robert, Raymond; sister, Martha (Francis "Red") Vaughan, and infant, Evelyn.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, 323 S. Pine Street, Little Chute, with Fr. Ron Belitz officiating. Interment will be in St. John Cemetery, Little Chute. Visitation will be at the church on Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the Mass.