Peter J (Bud) VandeWettering
M, b. February 27, 1915, d. January 31, 1978
- Birth: Peter J (Bud) VandeWettering was born on February 27, 1915 in Hollandtown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 31, 1978, at age 62, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
- Note: Funeral Mass at 10:30
Friday for P. Vande Wettering
January 31, 1978
Peter J. (Bud) Vande Wettering, 62, a farmer in the Town of Holland all of his life, died suddenly Tuesday morning, January 31, at his home, Route 1, Greenleaf.
He was born February 27, 1915 in the Town of Holland, and had lived there his entire lifetime. He was a member of Kaukauna Council No. 1033, Knights of Columbus.
He is survived by his step-mother, Margaret Morgan Vande Wettering of Route 1, Greenleaf; a brother, Francis of Route 1, Greenleaf; a sister, Mrs. Harvey (Mildred) Holschuh of Route 3, Kaukauna; a step-brother, Tom Morgan of South Milwaukee; two step-sisters, Mrs. Paul (Mary) Kerkhoff of Appleton and Mrs. Charles (Jean) Fisk of Crown Point, Indiana.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Francis Catholic Church, Hollandtown, with the Rev. Norbert Vande Loo officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery.
Friends may call at the Greenwood Funeral Home after 2 p.m. today (Thursday). There will be a prayer service at 8 p.m. Thursday.
Francis P VandeWettering
M, b. November 15, 1913, d. September 5, 1979
- Birth: Francis P VandeWettering was born on November 15, 1913.
- Death: He died on September 5, 1979, at age 65.
- Burial: He was buried in St Francis Cemetery, Hollandtown, Wisconsin.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent
Francis P. Vande Wettering
Rt. 4, Kaukauna
September 5, 1979
Age 65, died early Wednesday morning. He was born November 15, 1913, in Hollandtown, and had lived and farmed in that area all of his life. Survivors include his sister, Mrs. Harvey (Mildred) Holschuh, Rt. 4, Kaukauna; nieces and nephews. His brother, Bud, preceded him in death in January, 1978. The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Francis Catholic Church, Hollandtown, with the Rev. Norbert Vande Loo officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. Friends may call after 4 p.m. Thursday at the Greenwood Funeral Home, with a prayer service at 8 p.m. Thursday.
Doris M Schroeder
F, b. circa 1780, d. July 25, 1858
- Birth: Barbara VanBon was born circa 1780 in Rosmalen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Huibert VandenHanenberg were married on May 23, 1819 in Romsey, Hampshire, England.
- Death: Barbara VanBon died on July 25, 1858 in Rosmalen, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
August Carl Asman
M, b. January 20, 1886, d. November 11, 1970
- Birth: August Carl Asman was born on January 20, 1886 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Gertrude Wolf were married in 1916.
- Death: August Carl Asman died on November 11, 1970, at age 84.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
F, b. August 10, 1893, d. June 5, 1971
- Birth: Gertrude Wolf was born on August 10, 1893 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and August Carl Asman were married in 1916.
- Death: Gertrude Wolf died on June 5, 1971, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Linda Beth Asman
Timothy Joseph Sassman
M, b. January 20, 1953, d. November 14, 2015
- Birth: Timothy Joseph Sassman was born on January 20, 1953.
- Marriage: He was married on September 10, 1976.
- Death: He died on November 14, 2015, at age 62.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Timothy "Tim" Joseph Sassman, 62, was born 30 minutes after his twin brother Tom on January 20, 1953 to Ralph and Helen (Derks) Sassman. He passed away peacefully at home on Saturday, November 14th 2015 surrounded by his loving family and friends after a courageous, hard fought battle with cancer.
Tim attended school in Black Creek through 8th grade and graduated from Seymour High School in 1971. He earned his associate's degree from Fox Valley Technical College in 1973 in Agri-Business. He worked at the Center Valley Co-op from 1973 until 1999. He started in the Fertilizer Department, became the Fertilizer Plant Manager and eventually General Manager. He became a seed salesman for Pioneer Hi Bred Seed in 1999 and was dedicated to working hard for the local farming community through this year. He enjoyed supporting local 4H members through animal auctions at the fair, and pumpkin/sunflower seed contests.
On September 10, 1976, Tim married Linda Asman, the love of his life.They were blessed with three wonderful children; Andrew, Carrie (Eric) Heiting, and Heather (Jim) Franson. His three granddaughters brought a great deal of joy to his life; Anna and Becca Heiting and Ava Franson. He was a die hard Packers, Brewers, Bucks and Badgers fan who always worked hard to provide for his family.
As a child, he was the instigator. He was also known for being honest, fun loving and loyal. He always wanted to be a farmer, working the land and watching the crops grow. After working long hours, he would harvest crops from the fields of his good friends Bob Dorn and Randy Schmidt.
When he was younger, he enjoyed a good game of pool or foosball. He bowled at R&R Lanes in Black Creek with his brother Steve and his good friends Jerome Schroth, Merle Olson, Martin Olson, and Danny Brugger.
Tim is survived by his parents, wife, children, son in-laws, and granddaughters. He is further survived by his brothers, Tom (Chris Bergstrom) and Steve (Barb Steward), and sisters Chris (Lee) Rynish and Elaine (Keith) Skenandore, Godchildren Jennifer Sassman, Joshua Rynish, and Bret Skenandore, in-laws Elaine (Gordon) Guse, Mark (Judy) Asman, and Sherry (Doug) Bennett, and many nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his unborn grandchild Baby Franson, infant sister, niece Taylor Skenandore, nephew Matthew Rynish, Aunt Vera and Uncle Ben Krueger, Uncle Richard Joseph Derks, and father and mother in-law Earl and Margaret Asman.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 18, 2015, at the Verkuilen-Van Deurzen Family Funeral Home FREEDOM LOCATION, N3972 Columbia Ave, Freedom, with Pastor Bernard Ferguson officiating. Visitation will be at the funeral home on Tuesday, November 17, 2015, from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m., and again on Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. until the time of the service. Burial will be at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. For online condolences, please visit www.verkuilenfh.com.
We wish to offer our sincerest thanks to Corey Ertl, Jerry Stephani, and John Van Gheem, who were instrumental in helping his business succeed even as his health was failing.
We are very grateful for the care he received from Theda Care Hospice, especially his nurse Kelly, Dr. Michael Ray and the staff at AMC, Dr. Xin Yao and the staff of Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology, Dr. Greg Hartig and the staff at UW Hospital in Madison and his physical therapist Teresa Iattoni.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: Maria Magdalena
Derick G Mauthe
Jeremy James Mauthe
Justin G Koerner
Lorene J Koerner
Edward S Turek
M, b. January 21, 1924, d. June 30, 2003
- Birth: Edward S Turek was born on January 21, 1924 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He was married on August 31, 1954.
- Death: He died on June 30, 2003, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in St Edward Church, Mackville, Wisconsin.
- Note: Turek, Edward S.
Loving husband, father, brother, grandfather, age 79, entered eternal life on Monday, June 30, 2003. Edward was born in Detroit, MI on January 21, 1924, son of the late Peter and Mary (Kieltyka) Turek. He joined his brothers to proudly serve his country in the U.S. Army during WWII. Edward married Rosemary Van Camp on August 31, 1954. He was employed at the Banta Corporation for 28 years. He was an active member of St. Edward’s Catholic Church, Mackville.
During his retirement, Edward enjoyed family gatherings, meeting friends (especially his buddy Earl) at the local pubs, using his computer, taking long naps in his truck and watching sports. He was a devoted Packer fan, but his heart always went back to his Detroit Lions.
Survivors include his wife, Rosemary (Van Camp) Turek, to whom he had been married for 49 years. Three children and their spouses: Mary (Dave) Simon, Edward (Vicky) Turek and Janet (Terry) Brill. Ten grandchildren: Kristi, Shari, Stacy and Laura Simon; Kathy, Amy and Marcus Turek; Angela, Shaun and Michelle Brill. He is further survived by his beloved sisters: Irene (Steve) Klochko, Virginia (Dick) Krolicki, brothers and sisters-in-law: Mary Turek, Bernice Turek, Ervin (Betty) Van Camp, Dorothy (Earl) Pettis, Alfred Van Camp, Hilda Van Camp and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his brothers John, Louis and Stanley; sister Helen Gdowski along with brothers and sisters-in-law Victor Ringel, Lawrence and Lorraine Boers, William Gdowski and nephew Charles Gdowski.
Friends may call from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm on Thursday, July 3 at St. Edward’s Catholic Church. The Mass of Resurrection will follow at 6:30 pm, with Father Charles Brooks officiating. Burial will take place in the parish cemetery. A memorial fund is being established.
Edward deeply loved his family and friends. He was especially proud of his grandchildren. Dad’s greatest gift to his family was his example of compassion and kindness offered to those in need.
Thank you to everyone who helped us through dad’s brief illness with prayers and support especially Father Brooks for his tender care and comforting words.
Dad, you truly lived the toast you made on your 75th birthday…
“Family, it’s all that matters.”
WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME
537 North Superior Street
Martin Francis Smith
M, b. March 17, 1892, d. December 15, 1910
- Birth: Martin Francis Smith was born on March 17, 1892 in Cornelius, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Death: He died on December 15, 1910, at age 18, in Lebanon, Linn Co, Oregon.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
Emma Maria Smith
F, b. May 11, 1907, d. October 21, 1979
- Birth: Emma Maria Smith was born on May 11, 1907 in Dersham, Washington Co, Oregon.
- Marriage: She and Leighton Lyle Dorsett were married on July 10, 1937 in Vancouver, Clark Co, Washington.
- Death: Emma Maria Smith died on October 21, 1979, at age 72.
- Descendant of an Immigrant on: America
M, b. August 10, 1962, d. July 8, 2008
- Birth: Daniel VanDenLangenberg was born on August 10, 1962 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on October 22, 1996 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on July 8, 2008, at age 45.
- Note: July 10, 2008
Van Den Langenberg, Dan "Boomer"
Dan "Boomer" Van Den Langenberg, 45, Green Bay, unexpectedly passed away due to a heart attack, Tuesday, July 8, 2008. He was born on Aug. 10, 1962, to the late James and Dorothy (Kuske) Van Den Langenberg in Green Bay. On Oct. 22, 1996, he married Sandy Kerker in Green Bay. Dan worked as a construction worker most of his life. His greatest pleasure was spending time with his children and his wife. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, outdoor activities, and helping on the farm. He especially enjoyed spending time up north with family and friends.
Survivors include his wife, Sandy; two sons, BJ Kolb and Joseph Van Den Langenberg; one daughter, Kristen; mother, Dorothy, Seymour; three brothers, David (Patty), Marty (Judy), Randy (Denise); seven sisters, Joan (Don) Hansen, Jean (Ron) Best, Darlene (Mike) Van Den Langenberg, Wendy (Gerald) Wilcox, Mary Lynn Van Den Langenberg, Keri (Mark) Vandehei, Roxann (Ken) Badtke; mother and father-in-law, Margaret (Harold) Kerker; brother-in-law, Harold Jr.; sister-in-law, Patti (Mike) Smits; special friend, Sue Kolb, all of Green Bay; many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Jim; two nephews, Doug Hansen and Jimmy VandeVoort.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Thursday, (TODAY) July 10, 2008, at Lyndahl Funeral Home, where a memorial service will take place at 6:30 p.m. with Deacon Jim Gauthier officiating. Online condolences may be expressed at www.lyndahl.com.
Lyndahl Funeral Home
and Cremation Services
Lombardi Ave. & Ridge Rd.
Leighton Lyle Dorsett
M, b. December 9, 1906, d. April 1970
- Birth: Leighton Lyle Dorsett was born on December 9, 1906 in Batesville, Ripley Co, Indiana.
- Marriage: He and Emma Maria Smith were married on July 10, 1937 in Vancouver, Clark Co, Washington.
- Death: Leighton Lyle Dorsett died in April 1970, at age 63, in Oregon.