Elisabeth De Corbeil
F, b. circa 1048
- Birth: Elisabeth De Corbeil was born circa 1048 in Corbeil, France.
Richard De Corbeil Pershale
M, b. circa 1024, d. circa 1095
- Birth: Richard De Corbeil Pershale was born circa 1024 in Corbeil, France.
- Death: He died circa 1095.
Adelaide De Crecy
F, b. circa 1028
- Birth: Adelaide De Crecy was born circa 1028 in Corbeil, France.
Guillaume De Corbeil Pershale
M, b. circa 1003, d. circa 1060
- Birth: Guillaume De Corbeil Pershale was born circa 1003 in Corbeil, France.
- Death: He died circa 1060.
Mauger De Mortain
M, b. circa 990
- Birth: Mauger De Mortain was born circa 990 in Normandy, France.
Mauger De Mortain
M, b. circa 967
- Birth: Mauger De Mortain was born circa 967 in Normandy, France.
Reginald Fitz-Roy De Dunstanville
M, b. circa 1112, d. July 1, 1175
- Birth: Reginald Fitz-Roy De Dunstanville was born circa 1112 in Dunstanville, Kent, England.
- Death: He died on July 1, 1175 in Chertsey, England.
- Occupation: He was an Earl Cornwall.
F, b. circa 1114
- Birth: Beatrice Fitz-William was born circa 1114 in Cornwall, England.
Henry I King Of England
M, b. circa September 1068, d. December 1, 1135
- Birth: Henry I King Of England was born circa September 1068 in Selby, Yorkshire, England.
- Marriage: He and Matilda Princess Of Scotland were married on November 11, 1100 in Westminster, London, Middlesex, England.
- Death: Henry I King Of England died on December 1, 1135 in St Denis, Paris, Seine, France.
- Occupation: He was a Beauclerc.
- Note: (119:25), (121:25), (121B:26), (124:25), (149:24), (153:24A), (262:27).
Reigned 1100-1135. Duke of Normandy 1106-1135. His reign is notable for important legal and administrative reforms, and for the final resolution of the investiture controversy. Abroad, he waged several campaigns in order to consolidate and expand his continental possessions. Was so hated by his brothers that they vowed to disinherit him. In 1106 he captured Robert and held him til he died. He proved to be a hard but just ruler. He aparently died from over eating Lampreys!
Henry I (of England) (1068-1135), third Norman king of England (1100-1135), fourth son of William the Conqueror. Henry was born in Selby. Because his father, who died in 1087, left him no land, Henry made several unsuccessful attempts to gain territories on the Continent. On the death of his brother William II in 1100, Henry took advantage of the absence of another brother-Robert, who had a prior claim to the throne-to seize the royal treasury and have himself crowned king at Westminster. Henry subsequently secured his position with the nobles and with the church by issuing a charter of liberties that acknowledged the feudal rights of the nobles and the rights of the church. In 1101 Robert, who was duke of Normandy, invaded England, but Henry persuaded him to withdraw by promising him a pension and military aid on the Continent. In 1102 Henry put down a revolt of nobles, who subsequently took refuge in Normandy, where they were aided by Robert. By defeating Robert at Tinchebray, France, in 1106, Henry won Normandy. During the rest of his reign, however, he constantly had to put down uprisings that threatened his rule in Normandy. The conflict between Henry and Anselm, archbishop of Canterbury, over the question of lay investiture (the appointment of church officials by the king), was settled in 1107 by a compromise that left the king with substantial control in the matter.
Because he had no surviving male heir, Henry was forced to designate his daughter Matilda as his heiress. After his death on December 1, 1135, at Lyons-la-Fôret, Normandy, however, Henry's nephew, Stephen of Blois, usurped the throne, plunging the country into a protracted civil war that ended only with the accession of Matilda's son, Henry II, in 1154.
"Henry I (of England)," Microsoft(R) Encarta(R) 98 Encyclopedia. (c) 1993-1997 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
F, b. circa 1075
- Birth: Sybil Corbet was born circa 1075 in Alcester, Warwickshire, England.
Matilda Of Flanders
F, b. 1032, d. November 2, 1083
- Birth: Matilda Of Flanders was born in 1032 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Marriage: She and William I 'The Conqueror' Duke Of England were married in 1053 in Castle Of Angi, Normandy, France.
- Death: Matilda Of Flanders died on November 2, 1083, at age ~51, in Caen, Calvados, Basse-Normandie, France.
- Occupation: She was a Queen of England (Maud.)
- Note: Weis' "Ancestral Roots. . ." (121:23), (162:23), (169:23).
An interesting story is told in Cokayne's "Complete Peerage" (Gloucester). According to the Tewkesbury Abbey Chronicle, Brictric, son of Algar, otherwise known as Brictric Mawr, a great thegn of the time of Edward the Confessor, held, with Tewkesbury, various lordships in Worcester, Gloucester, Somerset, and other counties. Maud [Matilda], afterwards wife of WILLIAM THE CONQUERER, in her youth wished to marry Brictric, who refused her. When she became Queen, she imprisoned him, and on his death shortly afterwards his manors, the (later) honour of Gloucester, were given to her.
Baldwin V Of Flanders
M, b. circa 1012, d. September 1, 1067
- Birth: Baldwin V Of Flanders was born circa 1012 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Marriage: He and Adele Princess Of France were married in 1028 in Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France, France.
- Death: Baldwin V Of Flanders died on September 1, 1067 in Lille, Nord, France.
- Occupation: He was a Count of Flanders.
- Note: Baldwin of Lille, French Baudouin De Lille, Dutch BoudewijnVan Rijsel count of Flanders who became one of the mos tinfluential figures of11th-century Europe. He was an active ,enterprising man and greatly extended his power by wars and alliances. He obtained from the Holy Roman emperor Henry IV the territory between the Scheldt and theDender as an imperial fief, as well as the margravate of Antwerp. So powerful had he become that on the decease of Henry I of France he was appointed regent during the minority of Philip I (106066). Before his death he saw his eldest daughter Matilda sharing theEnglish throne with William the Conqueror; saw his eldest son, Baldwin of Mons,in possession of Hainaut in right of his wife Richilde, heiress of Regnier V; and saw his second son, Robert the Frisian, regent (voogd) of the county of Holland.
He was the son of Baldwin IV of Flanders, who died in 1035. He, in turn, is a descendant of Elfrida (d. 949), daughter of Alfred the Great, Saxon King of England. In 1028 Baldwin married Adela (Alix), daughter of King Robert II of France; at her instigation he rebelled against his father but in 1030 peace was sworn and the old count continued to rule until his death. During a long war (1046–1056) as an ally of Godfrey the Bearded, Duke of Lorraine, against the Holy Roman Emperor Henry III, he initially lost Valenciennes to Hermann of Hainaut. However, when the latter died in 1049 Baldwin married his son Baldwin VI to Herman's widow Richildis and arranged that the sons of her first marriage were disinherited, thus de facto uniting the Count of Hainaut with Flanders. Upon the death of Henry III this marriage was acknowledged by treaty by Agnes de Poitou, mother and regent of Henry IV. From 1060 to 1067 Baldwin was the guardian for his nephew-by-marriage Philip I of France, indicating the importance he had acquired in international politics. (Wikipedia.)
Adele Princess Of France
F, b. 1009, d. 1079
- Birth: Adele Princess Of France was born in 1009 in France.
- Marriage: She and Baldwin V Of Flanders were married in 1028 in Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France, France.
- Death: Adele Princess Of France died in 1079, at age ~70, in Monastere De L'O, Messines, France.
Baudouin IV Of Flanders
M, b. 967, d. May 30, 1036
- Birth: Baudouin IV Of Flanders was born in 967 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Death: He died on May 30, 1036, at age ~69, in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Occupation: He was a Barbatus.
Ogive Of Luxembourg
F, b. circa 986, d. February 21, 1029
- Birth: Ogive Of Luxembourg was born circa 986 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Death: She died on February 21, 1029.
Arnold II Of Flanders
M, b. circa 970, d. March 30, 987
- Birth: Arnold II Of Flanders was born circa 970 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Death: He died on March 30, 987.
- Occupation: He was a Count of Flanders.
Susanna Princess Of Italy
F, d. January 26, 1002
- Death: Susanna Princess Of Italy died on January 26, 1002.
- Occupation: She was a Rosala.
Baudouin III Of Flanders
M, b. circa 933, d. November 1, 962
- Birth: Baudouin III Of Flanders was born circa 933 in Flanders, Nord, France.
- Marriage: He and Mathilde Princess Of Saxony were married in 951.
- Death: Baudouin III Of Flanders died on November 1, 962.
- Occupation: He was a Count.
Mathilde Princess Of Saxony
F, b. 949, d. May 25, 1008
- Birth: Mathilde Princess Of Saxony was born in 949 in Saxony, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Baudouin III Of Flanders were married in 951.
- Death: Mathilde Princess Of Saxony died on May 25, 1008, at age ~59.
Hermann Billung Duke Saxony
M, b. circa 905, d. 973
- Birth: Hermann Billung Duke Saxony was born circa 905 in Luneburg. Saxony, Germany.
- Death: He died in 973.
Hildegarde De Westerburg
F, b. 918
- Birth: Hildegarde De Westerburg was born in 918 in Westerberg. Saxony, Germany.
Billung Count In Saxony
M, b. circa 868, d. March 26, 967
- Birth: Billung Count In Saxony was born circa 868 in Saxony, Germany.
- Death: He died on March 26, 967.
Frederick I Count Of Luxembourg
M, b. circa 952, d. October 6, 1019
- Birth: Frederick I Count Of Luxembourg was born circa 952.
- Death: He died on October 6, 1019.
Ermentrude Von Gleiberg
F, b. 964
- Birth: Ermentrude Von Gleiberg was born in 964 in Luxembourg.
- Occupation: She was a Countess of Luxembourg.