Boso II Count Of Italy
M, b. circa 778
- Birth: Boso II Count Of Italy was born circa 778 in Turino, Piedmont, Italy.
Boso I Count Of Italy
M, b. circa 753
- Birth: Boso I Count Of Italy was born circa 753 in Turino, Piedmont, Italy.
Louis II King Of Italy
M, b. circa 822, d. August 12, 875
- Birth: Louis II King Of Italy was born circa 822.
- Death: He died on August 12, 875 in Brescia, Italy.
- Note: Louis II (Holy Roman Empire) (circa 825-75), Holy Roman emperor (855-75) and king of Italy (844-75), the eldest son of Holy Roman Emperor Lothair I. Louis was coemperor with his father from 850 to 855, when he became sole emperor, but his authority was in fact confined to his Italian kingdom. Although he was successful in some campaigns against the Saracen invaders of Italy, he was constricted by the jealousies of local Italian princes. He acquired much of Provence on the death of his brother Charles, but he was a weak ruler, and his empire declined.
"Louis II (Holy Roman Empire)," Microsoft(R) Encarta(R) 98 Encyclopedia. (c) 1993-1997 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Engelberga Of Spoleto
F, b. circa 826, d. 890
- Birth: Engelberga Of Spoleto was born circa 826.
- Death: She died in 890.
Lothaire I Emperor Of Holy Roman Empire
M, b. 795, d. September 29, 855
- Birth: Lothaire I Emperor Of Holy Roman Empire was born in 795 in Altdorf, Mittelfranken, Bavaria, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Ermengarde Countess Of Tours were married on October 15, 831 in Thionville, Moselle, France.
- Death: Lothaire I Emperor Of Holy Roman Empire died on September 29, 855, at age ~60, in Pruem, Rheinland, Prussia, Prussia.
Ermengarde Countess Of Tours
F, b. 800, d. March 20, 850
- Birth: Ermengarde Countess Of Tours was born in 800 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
- Marriage: She and Lothaire I Emperor Of Holy Roman Empire were married on October 15, 831 in Thionville, Moselle, France.
- Death: Ermengarde Countess Of Tours died on March 20, 850, at age ~50.
- Occupation: She was an Empress.
Hugh II Count Of Tours
M, b. 765, d. 839
- Birth: Hugh II Count Of Tours was born in 765 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
- Death: He died in 839, at age ~74, in France.
- Occupation: He was a Le Mefiant.
Bava Or Ava Countess Of Tours
F, b. 779
- Birth: Bava Or Ava Countess Of Tours was born in 779 in Tours, Touraine, Indre-Et-Loire, France.
Luitfried II Of Alsace
M, b. 740, d. 780
- Birth: Luitfried II Of Alsace was born in 740 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
- Death: He died in 780, at age ~40.
- Occupation: He was a Count.
F, b. 744
- Birth: Hiltrude was born in 744 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
Luitfried I Duke Of Alsace
M, b. circa 707, d. 750
- Birth: Luitfried I Duke Of Alsace was born circa 707 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
- Death: He died in 750.
F, b. 719
- Birth: Edith was born in 719 in Alsace-Lorraine, France.
Lietaud Count De Macon
M, b. circa 907, d. September 17, 965
- Birth: Lietaud Count De Macon was born circa 907 in France.
- Death: He died on September 17, 965.
Adelaide Countess De Vermandois
F, b. 914, d. August 19, 967
- Birth: Adelaide Countess De Vermandois was born in 914 in Bourgogne, Marne, Champagne-Ardenne, France.
- Marriage: She and Robert De Vermandois were married in 950.
- Death: Adelaide Countess De Vermandois died on August 19, 967, at age ~53.
- Occupation: She was a Were.
- Note: This Adelaide is the focal point of one of the most debated controversies in medieval genealogy. Although I show her as marrying 3 times, after much study of numerous postings on GEN-MEDIEVAL, I have been persuaded that two individuals have probably been combined into one. For convenience sake, I leave her in my database as one person. An excerpt from one of the postings sums it up best: Matman posted to soc.genealogy.medieval on 21 May 1997 (in part): Subject: Re: Burgundy - One more try to sum up * "Adelaide dau of DUKE GISELBERT appears with her husband ROBERT OF TROYES and son Heribert in a charter of 949. There is no problem with this. The difference of opinion is whether this Adelaide is the same as the wife of LAMBERT who later married GEOFFREY. Most historians have shied away from making this assumption, eg Maurice Chaume (who was otherwise much given to speculation) in his 'The Origins of Burgundy' 1925, Werner in an article in Die Welt als Geschicht, 1960, p107-13 (especially p111), and more recently Constance Bouchard, 'Sword and Mitre'. To make them one person does create problems, not least with the chronology. Adelaide was old enough to have children by about 950 (for she had a grandson FULK THE BLACK by c.970), yet she was still young enough to have children (eg Maurice) c.980 or later. Its possible, but only just. I don't know how common it was for noblewomen to give birth after 40. Secondly if she only married LAMBERT after 967, then any children from that marriage could not have been born before that. But ADALBERT OF ITALY first husband of GERBERGA had died by 975 at the latest, and OTTO-WILLIAM was their son. So clearly if one accepts that Adelaide was one person, one has to find different parents for GERBERGA. Some have got round this by making GERBERGA a daughter of LAMBERT by an earlier wife. As LAMBERT first appears in 944, and is called count in 959, this may not be impossible. Lastly, I may be naive about this, but even in the tenth century, a case of a mother marrying her son-in-law would be exceptional (no?) and arouse comment, yet no source mentions such a thing."
Weis' "Ancestral Roots. . ." (118:19-21), identifies Adelaide as the dau. of ROBERT, COUNT OF TROYES (RIN 1230), and also identifies GEOFFREY as her 2nd husband, and FULK III as their son.
ES iii, 49; ii, 189 [rev. in iii(1)]; and iii, 116 and 433. ES III, 49 has Adelaide as the daughter of GISELBERT OF CHALONS etc, marrying first ROBERT, then LAMBERT (d.979), then GEOFFREY; and Adela marrying LAMBERT (d.978) then GEOFFREY, which would mean Adela married both her stepfathers. [There is evidently some confusion between Adelaide & Adela.]
The above note leads to the opinion , held by some, that this Adelaide married ROBERT, then LAMBERT, then her son-in-law GEOFFREY. The sequence of events for this most unusual web of intermarriages would be as follows: 950 ROBERT C OF TROYES m. Adelaide of Burgundy & dau. ADELE born. 965 GEOFFREY GREYMANTLE (age 28) m. ADELE OF VERMANDOIS/TROYES (age 15). 967 ROBERT died and his widow almost immediately m. LAMBERT. 975/8 ADELE died and her widower, GEOFFREY, m. after a wait of 1 to 5 years, his deceased wife's newly widowed mother, Adelaide of Burgundy. 979 LAMBERT died. His widow, Adelaide, as stated above, then m. , almost immediately, her son-in-law, GEOFFREY.
As a dissenting opinion re. her parentage: Richard Borthwick posted to soc.genealogy.medieval on 1 Dec 1996: Subject: Re: Gerberga, wife of Adalbert (was re. Welfs) "In her discussion of the counts of Chalons CBB [Constance Brittain Bouchard *Sword, Mitre and Cloister: Nobility and the Church in Burgundy, 980-1198* (Ithica NY & London, Cornell University Press, 1987)] says: "LAMBERT married a woman named Adelaide (*). While there is no evidence of her origins in the sources, scholars have repeatedly tried to tie her to the family of GISELBERT, COUNT OF BURGUNDY [RIN 1232], both because GISELBERT did have a daughter named Adelaide and the mother, as I have it, of the Adelaide mentioned in the following note - i.e. the wife of ROBERT, COUNT OF TROYES (RIN 1230)] and because they feel a need to explain how LAMBERT could have LEGITIMATELY** succeeded to Chalon#. I prefer to leave Adelaide's origins unknown; since LAMBERT's succession to Chalon was recognised by the king, he did not need a hereditary claim by his wife to legitimize his rule(##). LAMBERT died in 978, and his wife Adelaide quickly married GEOFFREY GREYMANTLE, count of Anjou. GEOFFREY acted as count of Chalon from 979 until his own death in 989 (*). ..." p.307f. * Source regerences./ ** She uses italics to make the emphasis # A long footnoted discussion of who has said what on the subject. ## Reference."
Aubri Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 870, d. circa 945
- Birth: Aubri Of Narbonne was born circa 870 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
- Death: He died circa 945.
- Occupation: He was a Vicount Narbonne.
Attela De Macon
F, b. circa 873
- Birth: Attela De Macon was born circa 873 in France.
Mayeul Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 850, d. June 15, 911
- Birth: Mayeul Of Narbonne was born circa 850 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
- Death: He died on June 15, 911.
F, b. circa 850
- Birth: Raimondis was born circa 850 in Spain.
Lievin Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 830
- Birth: Lievin Of Narbonne was born circa 830 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
Francon I Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 815
- Birth: Francon I Of Narbonne was born circa 815 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
Milo Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 775
- Birth: Milo Of Narbonne was born circa 775 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
Milo Of Narbonne
M, b. circa 752
- Birth: Milo Of Narbonne was born circa 752 in Narbonne, Aude, France.
Guerin Count Of The Thurgovie
M, b. circa 725, d. May 20, 772
- Birth: Guerin Count Of The Thurgovie was born circa 725 in France.
- Death: He died on May 20, 772.
F, b. circa 729
- Birth: Adelindis was born circa 729 in France.
Robert Count Of Hesbaye
M, b. circa 700
- Birth: Robert Count Of Hesbaye was born circa 700 in Austrasia, France.