Esther Elsie Franz
F, b. May 11, 1907, d. September 1971
- Birth: Esther Elsie Franz was born on May 11, 1907.
- Death: She died in September 1971, at age 64, in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
August Gustauf Ristau
M, b. circa 1876
- Birth: August Gustauf Ristau was born circa 1876.
F, b. circa 1876
- Birth: Augusta Upperman was born circa 1876.
M, b. circa 1835
- Birth: Herman Franz was born circa 1835.
- Immigration: He immigrated in 1849.
F, b. circa 1835
- Birth: Amelia Cartright was born circa 1835.
- Immigration: She immigrated in 1849.
M, b. December 8, 1901
- Birth: Charles Justman was born on December 8, 1901 in Dunn County, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: He and Beverly Mae Habeck were divorced.
- Marriage: Charles Justman and Beverly Mae Habeck were married on September 25, 1938.
Beverly Mae Habeck
F, b. July 14, 1920, d. October 26, 2011
- Birth: Beverly Mae Habeck was born on July 14, 1920 in Unity, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: She and Charles Justman were divorced.
- Marriage: Beverly Mae Habeck and Charles Justman were married on September 25, 1938.
- Marriage: Beverly Mae Habeck and Kenneth Charles Kannenberg were married on May 22, 1971.
- Death: Beverly Mae Habeck died on October 26, 2011, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in Lakeview Memorial Park, Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Note: Beverly Kannenberg, beloved child of God, was born into the world on July 14, 1920 in the Town of Brighton, Unity, WI. Her parents, Oscar and Clara Habeck, and her family celebrated her birth into the everlasting promise of Jesus as she was baptized and confirmed at North Spencer Church in rural Spencer, WI. As a baptized child of God, Bev knew that God's love was stronger than any danger or storm she would face in life. She believed, with all her heart, in a loving God who gave his life to set us free to share his love.
On September 25, 1938 she was married to Charles Justman. They moved to Oshkosh, WI and were blessed by God with three children, Judith, John and James. On May 22, 1971, she was married to Kenneth Kannenberg. His two children, Karen and Jeff, became her own.
In her lifetime, Bev Taught Sunday School at St. John's and Peace Lutheran Churches in Oshkosh, WI. She loved children and believed that their honest and growing faith questions taught her as much as she was able to teach them.
After her divorce from Charles, she was blessed by the support and grace of Alberta Kimball and the Miles Kimball Company as she was given a job that fed her family and allowed her, as a single mom, to serve the world with dignity, courage and faithfulness. Bev served as a Stephen's Minister at Peace Lutheran for several years. This ministry, which allowed her the privilege of visiting those who were grieving or dying, was filled with moments where she could share the story of Jesus and his love for us all with those who were hurting or feeling lost in the world.
Her children are especially proud of how she blended two families together in the years after marrying Ken. She had a way of loving each of her children in a very special way. All her kids were "her kids." There were no favorites and she was dedicated to loving them and their families with all the strength and care God had given her. The spouses of her children gladly have known Bev as "Mom" as well. She refused to play favorites and often coached her children to be loving wives and husbands to these dear children God had brought into her life. She held them in her heart in ways that were only for each one of them and she loved them dearly.
Her grandchildren are blessed to know God showered his love into their lives through their Grandma. She cherished each of them uniquely. She cared for their joys and their struggles with prayers, notes, kisses and showed to them the light of Jesus' love at every turn. She was so proud of her grandkids. She was blessed by God more ways than she could number through each one of her "special" grandchildren and great grandchildren.
On the 26th of October, in the year of our Lord 2011 Beverly died peacefully surrounded by the family she loved so well. She had battled heart conditions for many years and was sad to leave this world but ready and hopeful to meet her loving Lord, Jesus. She gave her family the strength and blessing to trust in letting her go. For she believed with every ounce of her being that God's love would not only welcome her home but also sustain her family through their tears.
Bev is survived by her husband of 40 years, Kenneth Kannenberg of Oshkosh. Her five beloved kids and their spouses are: Judith (Gerald) Ristow of Oshkosh, John (Sue) Justman of Theresa, Jim (Vicki) Justman of Appleton, Karen (Richard) Perzentka of Madison and Jeff (Patti) Kannenberg of Oshkosh. Her grandkids are Kathryn, Michael, Brenda, Brent, Amy, Kyle, Katie, Luke, Ben and Seth and her 6 great grandchildren, Peter, Joe, Gage, Mitch, Aedan and Casey. Bev is also survived by her brother, John Habeck of Idaho and her sister and lifelong "best friend", Delores Justman of Spencer, WI.
Bev was far from perfect. She knew that without God's grace and love she was unable to face the world and its challenges. She like all of us faced times of doubts and fears. But in the end, and every time, she turned it all over to Jesus and the awesome love of God. With her last breath she believed in this promise and would want to share it with you as well….
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may never die, but have everlasting life" John 3:16
Funeral services for Bev will be held on Monday, October 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM in Peace Lutheran Church (240 W. 9th Ave. Oshkosh) with Rev. Timothy Greenwald officiating. Family and friends may call at the church on Monday from 9:00 AM to the time of service. Interment will follow at Lake View Memorial Park in Oshkosh, WI. In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established to the Peace Lutheran Church organ fund.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from October 28 to October 30, 2011.
Louis August Ludwig Justman
M, b. April 21, 1878, d. 1917
- Birth: Louis August Ludwig Justman was born on April 21, 1878 in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Florence O'Flanagan were married in December 1907.
- Death: Louis August Ludwig Justman died in 1917, at age ~39.
F, b. August 21, 1877, d. May 21, 1906
- Birth: Matilda Justman was born on August 21, 1877.
- Death: She died on May 21, 1906, at age 28.
Carl F Justman
M, b. September 8, 1847, d. May 31, 1929
- Birth: Carl F Justman was born on September 8, 1847 in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 31, 1929, at age 81.
F, b. circa 1848
- Birth: Nancy O'Flanagan was born circa 1848.
Oscar Louis Habeck
M, b. September 22, 1883, d. March 14, 1968
- Birth: Oscar Louis Habeck was born on September 22, 1883 in Kewaskum, Washington Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Clara Bertha Rather were married on May 23, 1908 in Kewaskum, Washington Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Oscar Louis Habeck died on March 14, 1968, at age 84, in Colby, Clark Co, Wisconsin.
Clara Bertha Rather
F, b. September 9, 1889, d. September 16, 1952
- Birth: Clara Bertha Rather was born on September 9, 1889.
- Marriage: She and Oscar Louis Habeck were married on May 23, 1908 in Kewaskum, Washington Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clara Bertha Rather died on September 16, 1952, at age 63, in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1850
- Birth: John Habeck was born circa 1850.
- Marriage: He and Mary Schiller were married on December 29, 1873 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. circa 1850
- Birth: Mary Schiller was born circa 1850.
- Marriage: She and John Habeck were married on December 29, 1873 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. circa 1820
- Birth: Ludwig Habeck was born circa 1820.
- Note: Fought in civil war.
F, b. circa 1820
- Birth: Caroline Rietz was born circa 1820.
M, b. June 16, 1856, d. July 1, 1937
Family: Anna Bartell (b. January 18, 1874, d. February 27, 1952)
- Birth: Ferdinand Rather was born on June 16, 1856 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Anna Bartell were married on December 11, 1890.
- Death: Ferdinand Rather died on July 1, 1937, at age 81, in Wisconsin.
F, b. January 18, 1874, d. February 27, 1952
- Birth: Anna Bartell was born on January 18, 1874 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Ferdinand Rather were married on December 11, 1890.
- Death: Anna Bartell died on February 27, 1952, at age 78.
M, b. circa 1840, d. 1914
- Birth: Louis Bartell was born circa 1840 in New York.
- Death: He died in 1914.
F, b. circa 1845, d. 1920
- Birth: Caroline Unknown was born circa 1845 in Germany.
- Death: She died in 1920.
M, b. circa 1885
- Birth: Norman Olsen was born circa 1885.
F, b. circa 1885
- Birth: Gladys Boardman was born circa 1885.
- Note: My dad's Grandma Olson was born on an island in the Mississippi River. She spent her whole young life on the river. She had to take boats everywhere until bridges were built. Then later in life, she spent the rest of her older life traveling to every state in America. She died at an early age from cancer. She was the most generous grandma to the grandkids. She spent all of the time she could with her grandkids.
Brenna Olson, 2007.
Harmon Wesley Boardman
M, b. October 1, 1855, d. April 30, 1928
- Birth: Harmon Wesley Boardman was born on October 1, 1855 in Fond du Lac, Fond du lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Edna Hammond were married on October 20, 1892 in Waupun, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Harmon Wesley Boardman died on April 30, 1928, at age 72, in Waupun, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 1872
- Birth: Edna Hammond was born in June 1872 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Harmon Wesley Boardman were married on October 20, 1892 in Waupun, Fond du Lac Co, Wisconsin.