F, b. May 12, 1925, d. August 10, 1991
- Birth: Wilma Neidam was born on May 12, 1925 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Death: She died on August 10, 1991, at age 66.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Esther Mae Spice
F, b. April 26, 1918, d. October 21, 2007
- Birth: Esther Mae Spice was born on April 26, 1918 in Newald, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Martin Henry Hermsen were married on April 26, 1937 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Esther Mae Spice died on October 21, 2007, at age 89.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: October 23, 2007
Hermsen, Esther. M. (Spice) "Toots" Esther Hermsen, 89, Appleton, formerly of Little Chute, passed away with her family by her side Sunday, October 21, 2007. She was born April 26, 1918, in Newald, Wisconsin, daughter of Ira and Sarah (Dessell) Spice. Esther married Martin Hermsen June 26, 1937, and he preceded her in death December 15, 1997. Mrs. Hermsen was a member of St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church, Little Chute. Esther and Martin farmed in the Wrightstown area from 1944 to 1970. She enjoyed muskie fishing.
Esther is survived by a son, David (Barb) Hermsen, Combined Locks; three grandchildren: Douglas (Joan) Hermsen, Kimberly; Michelle (Dennis) Grimh, Maryville, TN; Denise (David) Eisenschink, Kaukauna; a step grandchild, Eric (Jenny) Derks; six great grandchildren: Krystal (Jeremy) Nechodom; Tyler (Anna) Grimh; Ryan Grimh; Katie and Tina Hermsen; step-great-grandchildren: Parker and Paige Derks; a great-great-grandson, Hunter Nechodom; brother, Kenneth (Miyako) Spice, Washington; two sisters: Lillian Lindemeyer, Mesa, AZ; Germaine (Francis) Smet, Sherwood; sisters-in-law: Eileen Spice; Irene Van Asten, Little Chute; Evelyn La Bine, Cudahy; nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends.
Mrs. Hermsen was also preceded in death by her parents; brothers and sisters: Calvin (Dolores) Spice; Percy (Erna) Spice; Gladys (George) Simpson; Irene (Louis) Mischler; Lester Spice; Kerby Spice; brothers-in-law and a sister-in-law: Harriet (Charles) Van Rossum; Maurice Van Asten; Leroy La Bine.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, October 25, 2007, at St. John Nepomucene Catholic Church with Fr. James Hablewitz officiating. Entombment will be in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton. Friends may call at the Verkuilen Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday and at the church from 10 a.m. Thursday until the time of the mass.
Esther's family wishes to thank the nurses and caregivers at Colony Oaks Care Center for their loving care and compassion.
Verkuilen Funeral Home
& Cremation Services
Little Chute 920-788-3321.
David Kirby Hermsen
M, b. May 29, 1940, d. June 20, 2017
- Birth: David Kirby Hermsen was born on May 29, 1940 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 20, 2017, at age 77, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: David "Dave" Kirby Hermsen (a.k.a Hermie), age 77, of Combined Locks, passed away on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton, after a courageous battle with cancer. Dave was born on May 29, 1940 to the late Martin and Esther (Spice) Hermsen in Appleton. Dave graduated from St. Norbert's High School in 1958. He then attended college at St. Norbert College in De Pere. Dave married his current wife, Barbara J. Derks (Rader) on March 27, 1999, and have been married for the past 18 years. He married his first wife, Rosie M. Maas in August of 1961 in Kimberly. They were married for 30 years and had three wonderful children, Douglas, Michelle and Denise "Deedi". Dave was employed with CB Supply, Perkins, JC Penney's, Valley School Supply, and owned his own business DR Systems, where he enjoyed building and repairing computers, all the while following his passion as a full-time musician.
Dave was a professional musician for 58 years, and spent time in Nashville where he played with members of Johnny Cash's band, opened for Jerry Lee Lewis and many other of his Rock-n-Roll heroes. Dave also played at the Kentucky Derby and in Las Vegas at the annual Rock-a-Billy Festival. Dave loved music and pursued it by being a member of several of his own bands such as Flaming Coals, Big Daddy and the Digs, The Fourth of Never, Resurrection and Dave and the Bad Cats (a Rock-a-Billy band). After he left performing full time with his own bands, Dave could be found sitting in and playing songs in his son Doug's band, Zeb Salvage, a classic rock band.
In his earlier years, Dave liked to hunt (both duck and deer) and fish. Dave was an avid NASCAR fan, loved Harley Davidson Motorcycles and the Green Bay Packers. Dave and Barb spent many sunny summer afternoons taking road trips either in Barb's convertible or on Dave's Harley.
Dave is survived by his wife, Barb; his first wife, Rosie Thompson; his son, Douglas (Joan) Hermsen; his daughters, Michelle (Dennis) Grimh, Denise "Deedi" Eisenschink and his step-son, Eric (Jenny) Derks. Dave is further survived by his grandchildren, Kate Hermsen (Matthew Patterson), Kristina Hermsen, Tyler (Anna) Grimh, Ryan Grimh (Sammy Coyle), Krystal Nechodom (Jeremy), Kyle Eisenschink, Parker and Paige Derks; his great-grandchildren, Hunter, Taylor and Connor Nechodom, Joplin and Ember Eisenschink, Lyla Grimh and Donovan Patterson. Dave is also survived by many other relatives and dear friends.
In addition to his parents, Dave was preceded in death by; his son-in-law, David Eisenschink and many aunts, uncles and other loved ones.
Services for Dave will be held in private. A celebration of Dave's life will be held for his family and friends on Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. at LITTLE CHICAGO, N9650 Friendship Drive in Kaukauna. Online condolences can be made at www.wichmannfargo.com. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund will be established in David's name.
Special thank you to all the staff at the Oncology Unit at St. Elizabeth Hospital for all their support, compassion and loving care for David and his family during this difficult time.
M, b. May 28, 1963, d. March 14, 2010
- Birth: David Eisenschink was born on May 28, 1963 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 14, 2010, at age 46.
- Note: March 16, 2010
David "Ike" Eisenschink, 46, of Kaukauna, passed away on March 14, 2010, unexpectedly. Ike was born on May 28, 1963, in Manitowoc. He married Deedi Hermsen on July 25, 1986, and they made their home in Kaukauna. Ike loved the outdoors, spending time up north and especially ice fishing. He also enjoyed jet skiing and NASCAR races, even attending the race at Bristol twice. Most of all Ike enjoyed a good campfire and the family and friends around it. He also coached his son at baseball and had his own business, Ike's Construction Company.
Ike is survived by his wife, Deedi, Kaukauna, their children: Krystal (Jeremy) Nechodom, Kaukauna; Kyle Eisenschink, Kaukauna; two grandchildren; Hunter and Taylor Nechodom; and a step-granddaughter Nahlana Nechodom. Ike is further survived by his mother; Marlene Grimmer, his father-in-law; Dave (Barb) Hermsen, mother-in-law; Rosie (Doug) Thompson, a brother; Dan (Ellen) Eisenschink, three sisters; Debbie (Steve Douglas) Miller, Diane Schultz and Cheryl (Ron) Pennenberg, a brother-in law; Doug (Joan) Hermsen, sister-in-law; Michelle (Dennis) Grimh; step-brothers-in-law; Eric (Jenny) Derks, Bob Thompson, and Scott (Karen) Thompson; his black lab and best friend Pepper; nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
Ike was preceded in death by his father: William Grimmer; a niece, Jessica; and his grandparents.
A memorial service will be held on Thursday, March 18, 2010, at 12 noon at IMMANUEL UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST (510 Sullivan Ave., Kaukauna) with Pastor Melinda Feller officiating. Friends may call on Thursday from 10:00 A.M. until the time of services at the Church. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made in his name.
Fargo Funeral Home
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Evelyn Anne Hermsen
Gerald Eugene Ferguson
M, b. May 1, 1932, d. April 19, 2003
- Birth: Gerald Eugene Ferguson was born on May 1, 1932.
- Death: He died on April 19, 2003, at age 70.