Robert J Burroughs
M, b. December 8, 1956, d. March 10, 2009
- Birth: Robert J Burroughs was born on December 8, 1956.
- Marriage: He was married on October 10, 1987 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 10, 2009, at age 52.
- Note: March 13, 2009
Burroughs, Robert J. "Bob"
Robert J. "Bob" Burroughs, Town of Menasha, age 52, passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, March 10, 2009. He was born on December 8, 1956, the son of Robert and Betty Burroughs. After graduating from Menasha High School in 1975, he enlisted in the United States Marine Corp. On October 10, 1987, he married Angela Beyersdorf at St. Timothy Lutheran Church, Menasha. Bob was employed for over 30 years at SCA Tissue. He was a very talented woodworker and very handy. Watching the Packers and fishing were two of his favorite pastimes. Bob was a devoted husband and father for many years. He was very proud of his children, Heather and Daniel.
Bob is survived by his wife, Angie; children: Heather and Daniel; mother, Betty Burroughs of Menasha; and brothers: Dave (Sue) Burroughs of Appleton and Ken (Lynn) Burroughs of Appleton. He is further survived by aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and many wonderful friends and co-workers.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Burroughs; his maternal and paternal grandparents; and his beloved dog, Packer.
The funeral service will be at 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 14, 2009, at ST. TIMOTHY LUTHERAN CHURCH, 437 7th St., Menasha, with Rev. David Skarsten officiating. Friends will be received at the church on Saturday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund in Bob's name is being established.
Wichmann Funeral Home
3212 South Oneida Street
M, b. 1926, d. 1926
- Birth: John Geurts was born in 1926.
- Death: He died in 1926, at age ~0.
M, b. April 27, 1930, d. March 17, 2010
- Birth: Jerome Geurts was born on April 27, 1930 in Freedom, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Shirley Mary Wolfgram were married on May 21, 1955.
- Death: Jerome Geurts died on March 17, 2010, at age 79.
- Burial: He was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
- Note: March 25, 2010
Geurts, Lt. Col. Jerome Peter (Ret.)
LT. Col. Jerome Peter Geurts (Ret.) was born to Henry and Frances Geurts in Freedom, WI, on April 27, 1930. Jerome was preceded in death by his wife Shirley (nee Wolfgram) Geurts, parents, Henry and Frances (nee Rickert) Geurts; infant brother Jackie (John) Geurts, brothers-in- law Raymond P. Bissing and Jerome Scheuerell.
He is survived by daughters, Pamela (Michael) Warren, Yuma, AZ; and Kathy Tosh of Havre De Grace, MD; three grandchildren: Courtney, Kyle and Garrett Tosh, all of Rising Sun, MD; sisters: Delores Bissing; Virginia (Gilbert) Weiss, Appleton, WI; Rita (David) Frye, Winter Springs, FL; Dorothy Scheuerell, Green Bay, WI; and brother Edward (Donna) Geurts, Mequon, WI; and an uncle Jim (Margarite) Rickert, Jackson, MS.
Jerome retired from the U.S. Army after more than twenty years of service. His military record included more than five years of Foreign Service, including the Korean War and the Vietnam War. His military honors include the Bronze Star, United Nations Service Medal, Korean Service Medal and Vietnam Service Medal. Jerome was always busy with multiple projects running simultaneously. He owned and operated Auto Marine Service in Perryville, MD; maintained a partnership in Projects Unlimited for maintenance and renovation projects; owned and maintained several rental properties, served as a past President of the Retired Officers Association, and was a member of the T-12 Social Group; swam with a special group of friends at Harford Community College. Jerome loved carving decorative decoys that he shared with friends and family; and loved to travel. Jerome received a Master of Arts degree from Central Michigan University and retired from Civil Service in 1996. During retirement Jerome remained active in all his multiple projects.
Jerome and wife Shirley were members of St. Joan of Arc Church in Aberdeen, MD.
Friends may call at McComas Funeral Home, PA in Abingdon, MD, on Monday, March 22, 2010, from 7-9 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Aberdeen, MD on Tuesday, March 23, 2010, at 10 a.m. A reception will be held immediately after the service at the Bayou Restaurant, Havre de Grace, MD. Interment with full military honors will be held at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA on May 28, 2010, at 10 a.m.
Raymond P Bissing
M, b. December 1, 1923, d. January 1, 1997
- Birth: Raymond P Bissing was born on December 1, 1923 in Town of Grand Chute, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 31, 1950 in St Nicholas Church, Freedom, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 1, 1997, at age 73, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Janet M Bissing
F, b. July 20, 1954, d. December 6, 2010
- Birth: Janet M Bissing was born on July 20, 1954 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on February 23, 1980 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 6, 2010, at age 56, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Jan M. Bissing-Waters, age 56, passed away Monday, December 6, 2010, at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee. She was born on July 20, 1954, in Appleton; daughter of Raymond and Delores (Geurts) Bissing. On February 23, 1980, she was married to Mike Waters in Appleton. Jan graduated in 1975 from the Mercy School of Nursing in Oshkosh; received her B.S.N. from the University of Phoenix and worked for 35 years as an R.N. She enjoyed gardening, puzzling, board games, fishing, spending time with family on the lake and attending her sons' sporting events. Many friendships were made with all of the sports families, Red Hat group, high school friends and past/present co-workers. Jan touched many lives as wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and co-worker. She truly was the definition of family. She exemplified love through her kind, caring, and unselfish heart. Jan will be greatly missed by family and friends.
She is survived by her husband, Mike Waters, Appleton; her children, Drew Hamilton "Drewbies", Grant Michael "Granters" and Ross Taylor "Rossman", Appleton; mother, Delores (Geurts) Bissing, Appleton; father-in-law, Kenneth McAlexander, Atlanta, TX; siblings, Gene (Carol) Bissing, Appleton, Joe (Peggy) Bissing, Appleton, Mary Bissing-Olson (Brian Olson), Appleton, Joan Waldusky, Neenah, Dick (Rachelle) Bissing, Howard, WI, and Jackie (Nick) Thuren, Appleton; siblings-in-law, Randy (MaryJo) McAlexander, Colorado Springs, CO, Richard McAlexander, Texarkana, AR and Joel McAlexander, Atlanta, TX; godmother, Lois Bissing, Black Creek, WI; nephews and nieces, Jeff (Tressa Pappas) Bissing, Madison, Jill (Chris) Swenson, their children, Elsa and Ben, Forest Lake, MN, Jesse (Becky) Bissing, their children, Briley, Jase, and Hudson, Milwaukee, Danny Bissing, Milwaukee, Lexy Bissing, Milwaukee, Megan Bissing-Olson (Hannes Zacher), Brisbane, Australia, Casey Bissing-Olson, Milwaukee, Emily Bissing-Olson, Appleton, Lindsey Bissing, Minneapolis, MN, Sam Bissing, Howard, WI, Tali Bissing, Howard, WI, Mason McAlexander, Colorado Springs, CO and Shawn McAlexander, Texarkana, AR.
She was preceded in death by her father, Raymond Bissing, mother-in-law, Kathryn (Burkhalter) McAlexander and Godfather, Leo Bissing.
A memorial service for Jan will be held on Saturday, December 11, 2010, at 4 p.m. at Valley Funeral Home, Appleton, with Michael Bergen officiating. Family and friends may visit at the funeral home on Saturday from 1 p.m. until the time of service. A memorial fund is being established in her name.
A sincere thank you to the MICU and Palliative Care units at Froedtert Lutheran Memorial Hospital, Milwaukee, for the wonderful comfort and care that they provided to both Jan and the family. We appreciate all that you have done.
Valley Funeral Home
2211 N. Richmond St.
"Serving as would
Joan M Bissing
F, b. April 13, 1958, d. December 21, 2014
- Birth: Joan M Bissing was born on April 13, 1958 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on July 11, 1998.
- Death: She died on December 21, 2014, at age 56.
- Note: Joan Waldusky, 56, Neenah, passed away peacefully in the arms of her husband on Sunday, December 21, 2014. Joan was born April 13, 1958, in Appleton, daughter of Ray and Delores (Geurts) Bissing. She attended Xavier High School, graduating in 1976, and furthered her education at Fox Valley Technical College, receiving a degree in both Fashion Merchandising and Interior Design. Joan traveled to San Francisco to work for Macy’s, and later was a fashion buyer for HC Pranges in Green Bay. On July 11, 1998, Joan was united in marriage to Bob Waldusky. He was the love of her life! Joan was very active with the people of the Adult Daycare Center, Oshkosh. Her honest personality and ability to listen effectively was welcomed and loved by many there. She enjoyed dancing, watching movies, going out to eat, and traveling, and was always up for a spontaneous adventure! Joan was a member of Calvary Bible Church, Neenah, and the Salvation Army, Menasha.
Joan will be missed by her loving husband, Bob; daughter, Lindsey Bissing; step-son, Robbie Waldusky; mother, Delores; sister-in-law, Jane (Dan) VonFeldt; brother-in-law, Mike (Karen) Waters; siblings: Gene (Carol) Bissing, Joe (Peggy) Bissing, Mary (Brian) Olson, Dick (Rachelle) Bissing, and Jackie (Nick) Thuren; many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her father, Ray; sister, Jan Bissing-Waters; sister-in-law, Sarah Huberty; and father-in-law, Archie Waldusky.
The celebration of Joan’s life will be held on Sunday, December 28, 2014. The first service will be at 2:00 p.m., with visitation from 1:00-2:00 p.m., at Calvary Bible Church, 1450 Oakridge Road, Neenah. There will be a second service at the Salvation Army, 1525 Appleton Road, Menasha, at 5:30 p.m., with visitation from 4:30-5:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers, a memorial has been established.
Joan’s family would like to sincerely thank all of her caregivers who provided comfort and joy to her life. You were a blessing to all of us!
- Graduation: She graduated from Xavier High School, Appleton, in 1976.
Shirley Mary Wolfgram
F, b. June 8, 1934, d. February 2010
- Birth: Shirley Mary Wolfgram was born on June 8, 1934 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Jerome Geurts were married on May 21, 1955.
- Death: Shirley Mary Wolfgram died in February 2010, at age 75.
- Burial: She was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
- Note: February 26, 2010
Geurts, Shirley Mary Wolfgram
Shirley Mary Wolfgram Geurts was born to Herman and Florence Wolfgram in Appleton, WI, on June 8, 1934.
Shirley is survived by two daughters, Pamela Jean Warren and husband, Michael, of Yuma, AZ, and Kathy Geurts Tosh of Havre de Grace, MD; and three grandchildren, Courtney, Kyle, and Garrett Tosh, all of Rising Sun, MD.
Shirley met Army Lieutenant Jerome Geurts in April 1954 on his return from the Korean War and they were married on May 21, 1955. Shirley retired from Central Michigan University in January 1996 where she managed the Masters Degree Program at Aberdeen Proving Ground. Shirley, Jerome and family moved to Maryland in July 1966 after Jerome returned from the Vietnam War. They bought a home in Havre de Grace where they have lived ever since.
The Geurts were active in St. Joan of Arc Church and are members of the T-12 Social Group. They loved to travel and two of her most favorite trips were to Kenya, Africa, on safari accompanied by her grandson, Kyle. She spent four years in Western Europe and traveled those countries extensively, plus all the countries of Scandinavia, and managed to visit Russia and Estonia, accompanied by her granddaughter, Courtney. She was accompanied by her grandson Garrett on trips to Hawaii, England and Scotland. She also saw parts of the Far East and North Africa.
Friends may call at McComas Funeral Home, P.A., Abingdon, MD, on Sunday, February 28, 2010, from 3-5 and 7-9 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Aberdeen, MD, on Monday, March 1, 2010, at 10 a.m. with Rev. Samuel V. Young officiating. Interment will be in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA, on Thursday, March 4, 2010, at 10 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, a contribution to your favorite cancer institution would be appreciated.
Memory tributes may be sent to the family at mccomasfuneralhome.com.
Gilbert E Weiss
M, b. July 12, 1920, d. September 6, 2012
- Birth: Gilbert E Weiss was born on July 12, 1920 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 6, 2012, at age 92.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gilbert "Gil" Weiss, Appleton, age 92, died peacefully on Thursday, September 6, 2012 at The Gardens of Fountain Way surrounded by his wife Virginia, his children, and their spouses. He was born in Appleton on July 12, 1920 to the late Alois "Lee" and Clara (Otto) Weiss.
Gil worked as a certified master welder at Kimberly-Clark for 38 years. A WWII veteran and a member of the American Legion, he served aboard the USS South Dakota in the Pacific Theater. After the war, Gil owned and operated an auto service station on Newberry Street.
Gilbert is survived by Virginia (Geurts), his wife of 57 years; sister Germaine (Ed) Ritger; sisters-in-law Amy (Clem) Weiss and Jean (Dan) Weiss; children Mary (Dan) Deltgen of Townsend, WI; John (Sue Dallman) of Ham Lake, MN; Linda Lewis (John Wheeler) of Middleton, WI; and Julie (Rick) Wians of Appleton and daughter-in-law Janice (Tom) Weiss. He is also survived by grandchildren Jim and Mike Deltgen; Todd, Jason, and Shane Weiss; Lara Dallman-Weiss; Victoria Kuehn, Erik and Michelle Lewis; Andy and Alec Wians; and 7 great grandchildren.
Gilbert was preceded in death by his first wife Jean (Jemison); son Tom (Janice); siblings Loraine (Len) Menning, Valeria (Charles) House, Clem (Amy), and Dan (Jean); brother-in-law Ed Ritger (Germaine); and 3 great grandchildren.
A Mass of Resurrection will be held at 11:00 am Monday, Sept. 10, 2012 at St. Bernadette Catholic Church with Rev. Donald Zuleger officiating. Interment will be in St. Mary Catholic Cemetery in Menasha. Friends may visit the family Sunday evening at the funeral home from 6 - 8 pm with a prayer service beginning at 8 pm. There will also be visitation at the church on Monday from 9 am until the time of mass.
Gil's family wishes to thank the staff at the Gardens of Fountain Way and Heartland Hospice for their exceptional and very loving care of Gil.