James L Tierney
M, b. December 30, 1926, d. June 14, 2009
- Birth: James L Tierney was born on December 30, 1926 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Clementine Ann Burghardt were married on August 10, 1946 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: James L Tierney died on June 14, 2009, at age 82, in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: June 16, 2009
Tierney, James L.
James L. Tierney, 82, formerly of Wisconsin Rapids, passed away Sunday morning, June 14, 2009, at St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday at Taylor, Vollert and Jennings Funeral Home in Wisconsin Rapids. Rev. Al Wierzba will officiate. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery.
Jim was born in Appleton on December 30, 1926, to Clifford and Viola (Vander Linden) Tierney. He married Clementine Ann Burghardt on August 10, 1946, in Appleton. Jim worked at Consolidated Papers, Inc. for 43 years as a pipefitter. He started work at the Interlake Mill in Appleton in 1946. In 1982 he transferred to Wisconsin Rapids to work at the Biron Mill. He served his country in the U.S. Navy from February 1944 to April 1946 on the U.S.S. Rolf.
For many years Jim sang barbershop music with the Fox Valley Aires in Appleton. He was an avid golfer. He enjoyed playing with his sons and many friends at Reid Municipal City Golf Course in Appleton and the Tri-City Golf Course in Wisconsin Rapids.
Survivors include his wife of 63 years, Clementine (Ann Burghardt) Tierney at GNP Country Estates in Wisconsin Rapids; two daughters: Patricia Tierney-Hull, Appleton; Kathleen (Randal) Johnson. Nekoosa; two sons: Clifford Tierney, Appleton; Kelly Tierney, Nekoosa; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister (Violet Lyons) and a brother (Gerald Tierney).
Friends may call at Taylor, Vollert and Jennings Funeral Home from 10 a.m. on Thursday until the time of services.
The family would like to extend a special thanks and appreciation for the love and care Jim received from those at GNP Country Estates in Wisconsin Rapids, along with Golden Living Continental Manor in Abbotsford.
Clementine Ann Burghardt
F, b. March 20, 1927, d. January 25, 2013
- Birth: Clementine Ann Burghardt was born on March 20, 1927 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: She and James L Tierney were married on August 10, 1946 in St Mary Church, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Clementine Ann Burghardt died on January 25, 2013, at age 85, in Wisconsin Rapids, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Clementine Ann Tierney, 85, Wisconsin Rapids, died Friday, January 25, 2013 at Arborview Court in Wisconsin Rapids.
A Rosary will be at 10:00 am, followed by a Funeral Mass at 11:00 am on Monday, January 28th at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church in Wisconsin Rapids. Father James Altman will officiate. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery.
Ann was born in Chicago, Illinois on March 20, 1927 to Peter and Mary (Stegman) Burghardt. She married James Louis Tierney on August 10, 1946 at St. Mary's Church in Appleton. They enjoyed 63 blessed years together until his passing on June 14, 2009.
Ann was employed by Wisconsin Telephone Company for all her career life until her retirement in November of 1966.
She was a loving mother and grandmother who loved spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She also enjoyed playing bingo, cards, shopping and savoring good chocolates.
Ann is survived by two daughters: Patricia Tierney-Hull, Appleton and Kathleen (Randy) Johnson, Nekoosa; two sons: Clifford Tierney (Tina Wittman), Appleton and Kelly Tierney, Nekoosa; 8 grandchildren: Andy (Joan) Hull, Mary Hull, James (Rachael) Tierney, Jennifer Gerrits, Samuel Paulus, Karen Johnson, Audrey Johnson, Ruth Johnson; 10 great-grandchildren; brother-in-law, Harley (Audrey) Tierney, Appleton; sister-in-laws: Carol Veile and Darlene Lucht, both of Appleton: and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, James (Jim) Tierney, four sisters and three brothers.
Herman-Taylor Funeral Home and Cremation Center is assisting the family with arrangements.
The family extends a special thank you to Ann's many care givers, especially the staff at Arborview Court, for all your exceptional care and support.
Kelly James Tierney
Samual James Paulus
Audrey J Raddatz
F, b. August 27, 1930, d. August 31, 2017
- Birth: Audrey J Raddatz was born on August 27, 1930 in Town of Clayton, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 31, 2017, at age 87.
- Note: Audrey J. Tierney, 87, of Appleton, passed away on August 31, 2017 at a local hospital, with her family by her side. Audrey was born August 27, 1930 in Clayton, Wisconsin to Edward and Bertha (Winters) Raddatz. After her graduation from High School in 1948 she married her sweetheart, Harley Tierney on May 14, 1949 in Appleton. They raised a family together and enjoyed over 68 years together. She was employed for 32 years as a Tipper and Supervisor with Zwicker Knitting Mill, retiring in November of 1982. She loved spending time with her family and was the kind of person who was always there for her family and friends. Her grandchildren and great-grandchildren were the light of her life. She was always our anchor. Our rock. She also loved to spend her vacation time driving to many places around the country and shopping trips with family and friends. She enjoyed quilting, working in her flower gardens, cooking and baking.
She will be sadly missed by: her husband Harley, children Michael (Sherry) Tierney, Joseph (Debra) Tierney and Edward Tierney, grandchildren; Michelle (Tony) Habeck and their daughter Kaitlynn (Sam Brodhagen) Habeck, Josette (Shane) Green and their daughter Aleigh, Elizabeth (John) Sloan and her children Skyler and Logan Wollin, godchild Kathleen Johnson and niece and close friend Patty Tierney-Hull. She is further survived by many other nieces, nephews and other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a brother Bill (Betty) Raddatz.
There will be a gathering to celebrate Audrey's life on Saturday, September 9, 2017 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM at Wichmann Funeral Home, Tri-County Location, 1592 Oneida Street, Menasha WI, 54952. At the request of the family, casual attire is encouraged. There will be an opportunity for family and friends to share at 4:00 PM at the funeral home. Interment will be at Highland Memorial Park of Appleton.
We would like to acknowledge Audrey's son Ed who worked hard to help care for Audrey. Thank you to the staff and nurses of ThedaCare Medical Center in Appleton (A.M.C.), and Dr. Erica Meyer for the care given to Audrey. Also, a special thank you to Fr. Gerald Falk who anointed Audrey and gave her comfort during her illness.