M, b. March 14, 1923, d. September 25, 1991
St John High School Yearbook 1941
- Birth: Herbert Hermsen was born on March 14, 1923 in Racine, Racine Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on May 28, 1949 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 25, 1991, at age 68.
- Graduation: He graduated from St John High School, Little Chute, in 1941.
Virginia Mae Laeyendecker
F, b. February 11, 1922, d. April 10, 2001
- Birth: Virginia Mae Laeyendecker was born on February 11, 1922 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Arnold M ("Porky VerVoort") VerVoort were married in 1944.
- Death: Virginia Mae Laeyendecker died on April 10, 2001, at age 79, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Post Crescent (Appleton, WI)
Virginia "Ginny" M. [Mae] Ver Voort (Laeyendecker)
239 Kennedy Street
Age 79, passed away following a short illness on Tuesday, April 10, 2001, at
Appleton Medical Center. She was born on February 11, 1922 in Appleton; the
daughter of the late John and Agatha (Van Ryzin) Laeyendecker. Ginny married
Arnold "Porky" Ver Voort in California while he was in the service. Ginny
was a life-long member of Holy Name Catholic Church, Kimberly. In her
younger years, she enjoyed camping at Circle J campgrounds with her husband,
family and friends. Ginny is survived by her daughter, Mary Pat (Jack)
Sealy, Little Chute; two sons: David Sr. (Darlene), Appleton; Donald
(Janet), Crooked Lake, Wisconsin; a daughter-in-law, Jenny Ver Voort,
Kaukauna; ten grandchildren: John Sealy, Melissa (Ralph) Franco, Tammy,
David Jr. (Jolie) Ver Voort, Rhonda (Roy) Howe, Paul, Donny Jr., Mikey,
Kevin (fiancee Amy Brock) and Kris (Stephanie) Ver Voort; and numerous
great-grandchildren. Ginny is further survived by a brother-in-law, Tony Ver
Voort, Sherwood; eight sisters-in-law: Beatrice Laeyendecker, Appleton; Joan
Ver Voort, Kaukauna; Millie Ver Voort, Combined Locks; Nellie Ver Voort,
Kimberly; Harriet Vanevenhoven, Kaukauna; Sr. Jean Anthony Ver Voort,
Racine; Therese (Frank) Van Stappen, Little Chute; Margaret Ver Voort,
Appleton; and numerous nieces and nephews. Ginny was preceded in death by
her husband, Arnold; a son, Thomas; a sister and brother-in-law, Josephine
(Frank) Stuyvenberg; and a brother, Jack Laeyendecker. Funeral services will
be at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 12, 2001, at the funeral home, Sr.
Annette Koss officiating. Interment will be in the parish cemetery. Friends
may call at the funeral home on Thursday from 4 p.m. until the time of
service. A memorial fund is being established.
The family would like to express their thanks to Karen Vannest, Ann Paalman,
Frances Bergs, Marie VanderZanden, Fran Van Nuland, the doctors and nurses
at Appleton Medical Center and also the numerous friends and neighbors who
helped them through this difficult time.
Jansen Fargo Funeral Home
204 E. Kimberly Avenue
Thomas F VerVoort
M, b. September 7, 1952, d. December 1, 1999
- Birth: Thomas F VerVoort was born on September 7, 1952 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on March 11, 1972 in St Mary's, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on December 1, 1999, at age 47, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Source: Appleton Post Crescent Obituary
Friday, December 3, 1999
Tom F. Vervoort
1100 W. 10th St. Kaukauna
Age 47, passed away unexpectedly, Wednesday, December 1, 1999 at St. Elizabeth Hospital. He was born September 7, 1952 in Appleton son of Virginia (Laeyendecker) and the late Arnold Ver Voort. On March 11, 1972 Tom marrued the former Jenny King at St. Mary Catholic Church in Kaukauna. Tom was a veteran of the U.S. Army and a member of the 25 year club at Appleton Papers, Locks Mill. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and just being up-north walking in the woods.
Survivors include his wife, Jenny, Kaukauna; his mother, Virginia, Kimberly; two sons; Kevin Ver Voort, and fiancee Amy Brock, Appleton; Kris and Stephanie Ver Voort, Kaukauna; two grandchildren; Thomas A. Ver Voort and Morgan M. McDaniel; two brothers; David and Darleen Ver Voort, Appleton; Donald and Janet Ver Voort, Crooked Lake; a sister, Mary Pat and Jack Sealy, Little Chute; two brothers in-law; Jerry King, Kaukauna; Bill and Vickee King, Kaukauna. Tom is further survived by numerous relatives and friends.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, December 4, 1999 at the Fargo Funeral Home, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Kaukauna, with visitation on Saturday from 9 a.m. until the time of service. In lieu of flowers, Memorials in his name would be appreaciated.
M, b. February 8, 1947, d. May 12, 2017
- Birth: David VerVoort was born on February 8, 1947 in Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 12, 2017, at age 70.
- Burial: He was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, Kimberly, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: David "Big Dave" VerVoort, age 70, of LaBelle, Florida, previously of Appleton, passed away on May 12, 2017.
David was born February 8, 1947 in Kimberly to Arnold "Porky" & Virginia (Laeyendecker) VerVoort. He attended Holy Spirit Catholic Grade School and graduated from Kimberly High School.
On November 15, 1969, he married Darlene (Ashton) in Appleton and they enjoyed 48 years together. David and Darlene had two children, Tammy and David "DJ" Jr. David was blessed with two grandchildren, McKenna and Maverick, and had much joy spending time and playing with them. David had many hobbies - country music, woodworking, riding motorcycles, and he also had a love of watching the Green Bay Packers.
David played in bands since the age of 12. He performed with Bonnie Lou Bishop & the Ramblers, with Walt Hess and the Rim Shots, and had special memories of performing with his sister Mary Pat. David eventually formed his own band "Big Dave & the Country Rebels". David loved going to country music concerts; he especially enjoyed seeing Ray Price, his idol.
David's woodworking talents allowed him to build many things for their home and for other family members.
In his younger years, David and Darlene put on many miles traveling all over the country on their motorcycle.
David was a builder for Les Gauthier Construction for many years. He finished his career at Paul VanZeeland Heating and Cooling as a plasma cutter before his retirement.
He will be missed by his wife Darlene, his son David "DJ" (Jolie), two grandchildren McKenna and Maverick, his siblings Mary Pat (Paul) Miller (formerly Mary Pat Sealy), Don (Janet) VerVoort, as well as many other in-laws, relatives and friends.
David was preceded in death by his parents, his daughter Tammy and his brother Tom VerVoort.
The family would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff at Signature Hospital in Port Charlotte, Florida for the gentle care of David.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions will be donated to David's favorite charities.
A visitation will be held at 10 A.M. Saturday, May 20, 2017 at the Jansen Fargo Funeral Home, 204 E. Kimberly Avenue, Kimberly. A memorial service will follow at 12 P.M.
No matter how we knew him… David, Big Dave, dad or grandpa, we thank you for being such a great husband, father, grandfather and friend. We thank you for all the loving memories and wonderful music that you have given us in your life. We know that you are with Tammy now and are at peace. You will be deeply missed. We love you.
John Edward Sealy
M, b. March 22, 1940, d. August 16, 2007
- Birth: John Edward Sealy was born on March 22, 1940.
- Death: He died on August 16, 2007, at age 67.
- Burial: He was buried in St John Cemetery, Little Chute, Wisconsin, Colbarium/101/25.
- Note: August 18, 2007
Sealy, John Edward "Jack" John Edward "Jack" Sealy, of Little Chute, age 67, passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, August 16, 2007. He was born on March 22, 1940, the son of the late John and Grace (Sanders) Sealy. On October 22, 1966, he married his wife of 40 years, Mary Pat Ver Voort. Jack proudly served in the United States Marine Corp from 1957 through 1960.
Jack is survived by his wife, Mary Pat; children: John Sealy of Cedar Rapids, IA; Melissa (Ralph) Franco of Freeport, NY; grandchildren: Ralph III and Caroline; and sisters: Mary Sealy and Nancy (Robert) Hackinson. He is further survived by his beloved nieces and nephews.
There will be a memorial service at 6 p.m. on Monday, August 20, 2007, at the Jansen Fargo Funeral Home, 204 E. Kimberly Ave., Kimberly, with Deacon Vincent DeGroot officiating. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Monday from 4 p.m. until the time of the service.
Jansen Fargo Funeral Home
204 East Kimberly Avenue
Edward Lambert Wulterkens
M, b. June 19, 1885, d. October 3, 1971
Family: Dora L Tenk (b. June 10, 1890, d. August 17, 1951)
- Johanna Lyda Wulterkens (b. January 2, 1911, d. December 2, 1999)
- Theodore C Wulterkens (b. February 26, 1912, d. January 7, 1982)
- Harry P Wulterkens (b. April 16, 1913, d. December 1, 1986)
- Conrad T Wulterkens (b. August 7, 1914, d. July 9, 1987)
- John W Wulterkens (b. December 10, 1915, d. January 7, 1998)
- Lydia Wulterkens (b. September 27, 1917, d. May 24, 2001)
- Leo K Wulterkens (b. August 10, 1919, d. June 1982)
- Joseph W Wulterkens (b. March 10, 1921, d. September 25, 1960)
- Louis E Wulterkens
- Robert E Wulterkens (b. January 7, 1928, d. March 1, 1999)
- Birth: Edward Lambert Wulterkens was born on June 19, 1885 in Wageningen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on October 3, 1971, at age 86.
- Burial: He was buried in St Paul Cemetery, Combined Locks, Wisconsin.
- Note: Edward Wulterkens
St. Paul Home, Kaukauna
Age 86, passed away Sunday following a short illness. He was born June 19, 1885 in Uden, Holland and came to America in 1909. He retired from the Kimberly Clark Corp. in 1950 after 40 years of service. He was a member of the Kimberly Clark Corp. Quarter Century Club. He was preceded in death by his wife Dora, August 17, 1951 and a son Joseph, September 25, 1960. He was a charter member of St. Paul Catholic Church, Combined Locks. Survivors are two daughters, Mrs. Arthur (Ann) Vander Heiden, and Mrs. Nyles )lydia) Manley, both of Combined Locks; seven sons, Theodore, Kenosha, Harvey and Conrad, both of Kimberly, John, Combined Locks, Leo, Syracust, N.Y., Louis, Rt. 4 Appleton, Robert, Appleton, a brother Henry, Combined Locks, 33 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren. Funeral sevices will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning at St. Paul Catholic Church, Combined Locks with interment in the parish cemetery. Friends may call at the Jansen Funeral Home Tuesday after 3 p.m. and the Wake service will be at 8 p.m. Tuesday evening.
- Immigration: He immigrated in 1909.