Robert J VanRite
M, b. 1957, d. April 10, 1976
- Birth: Robert J VanRite was born in 1957.
- Death: He died on April 10, 1976, at age ~19.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. June 8, 1916, d. April 16, 2009
- Birth: Rose Portman was born on June 8, 1916.
- Marriage: She and Elmer Strassman were married.
- Death: Rose Portman died on April 16, 2009, at age 92.
M, b. August 2, 1908, d. March 1, 2000
- Birth: Elmer Strassman was born on August 2, 1908.
- Marriage: He and Rose Portman were married.
- Death: Elmer Strassman died on March 1, 2000, at age 91.
R Roger Kadow
M, b. May 6, 1945, d. February 10, 2018
- Birth: R Roger Kadow was born on May 6, 1945 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on April 2, 1982 in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on February 10, 2018, at age 72, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Manitowoc - R. Roger Kadow, age 72, a Manitowoc resident, passed away Saturday morning, February 10, 2018 at his residence.
He was born on May 6, 1945 in Green Bay, WI, son of the late Frank and Lillian (Vandenberg Neumeyer) Kadow. Roger attended Manitowoc Lincoln High School and graduated with the class of 1963. After High School he served in the United States Navy from 1963 until 1967 and was also in the Navy Reserves as a SeaBee from 1971-1983. On April 2, 1982 Roger married Marilyn Brandl in Manitowoc. He was employed as a Union Construction Laborer working in Eastern Wisconsin and Nuclear Plants in Michigan, Vermont, and New York. Roger also worked for St. Francis of Assisi in the maintenance department. He is a 50 year member of the Wisconsin Laborers Local 330. Roger is a Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 706 Manitowoc and a Parish Member of St. Francis of Assisi, Manitowoc. He loved travelling with his wife and they have seen almost all of the 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii numerous times. Roger enjoyed scroll saw woodworking and making things for people.
He is survived by his loving wife of 35 years: Marilyn, Manitowoc; one daughter: Karrie (Jamie) Heyduk, Castle Rock, CO; one son: Jason (Rikki) Crowe, Wauwatosa, WI; one granddaughter: Katie Heyduk, Castle Rock, CO; sisters: Luann (Ken) Hoffman, Kaukauna, WI, Sandra (Chuck) Curtis, Manitowoc, Karen (Milton) Bashaw, Manitowoc, Brenda (Steve) Czekala, Manitowoc; two brothers-in-law: Ronald (Barb) Brandl, Rodney Brandl; five sisters-in-law: Marge (Dan) Kiel, Marlene Brandl, Marcia Forbes, Marie (Lance) Pickett, and Mary Beth Neumeyer. Nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends also survive. Roger was preceded in death by one son at birth: Troy; his parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, February 16, 2018 at St. Francis of Assisi on Marshall (1114 South 21st Street). Military Rites will be accorded by VFW Otto Oas Post #659. Cremation will follow at the All-Care Cremation Center, Manitowoc.
The family will greet relatives and friends on Thursday, February 15, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the Pfeffer Funeral Home, Manitowoc. The visitation will continue Friday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. at St. Francis of Assisi on Marshall (1114 South 21st Street).
Expressions of sympathy may be sent to the family by visiting www.pfefferfuneralhome.com
The Pfeffer Funeral Home, Manitowoc, is assisting the family with funeral arrangements.
Published in Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter from Feb. 12 to Feb. 14, 2018.