Carl A Hoppe
M, b. August 21, 1893, d. March 7, 1961
- Birth: Carl A Hoppe was born on August 21, 1893.
- Death: He died on March 7, 1961, at age 67.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Bertha A Kirk
F, b. 1893, d. March 27, 1936
- Birth: Bertha A Kirk was born in 1893.
- Death: She died on March 27, 1936, at age ~43.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Raymond A Hoppe
M, b. April 27, 1921, d. September 8, 1949
- Birth: Raymond A Hoppe was born on April 27, 1921 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married in 1947.
- Death: He died on September 8, 1949, at age 28, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
William C Weiss
M, b. May 14, 1941, d. May 4, 2007
- Birth: William C Weiss was born on May 14, 1941 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 4, 2007, at age 65.
- Note: Bill Weiss, 66, Hollandtown, loving husband and father, police chief and firefighter, was called to Jesus' side on Friday, May 4, 2007. Following a courageous, five-year battle with cancer, Bill died peacefully with his family at his side.
He was born in Oshkosh on April 14, 1941, the son of the late Webster Weiss and Margaret "Jane" (Walter) Weiss who now lives in De Pere. Bill grew up in Racine where he attended St. Joseph's Grade School, and was a 1959 graduate of St. Catherine's High School. Following high school, Bill moved to Allenton, where he began working for his grandfather at Weiss Hardware Company. Bill joined the volunteer fire department in Allenton at the age of 19. He served there for nearly 20 years, and rose to the rank of Assistant Chief.
In September of 1963, Bill married the former Judith Dehler of Allenton. In 1967, Bill began his law enforcement career with the Washington County Sheriff's Department where he was promoted to the rank of sergeant. In 1979, he accepted the position of Police Chief with the Town of Menasha Police Department where he remained until his retirement in 2002. Under his tenure, the department expanded from 12 to 25 officers, and obtained national accreditation in 1994. In 2004, Bill and Judy moved to Hollandtown. Still having a desire for public service, Bill promptly joined the volunteer fire department. Bill had received an Associate's Degree in Police Science as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice. Bill enjoyed gardening, spending time with family and friends, and ushering at St. John's Catholic Church in Menasha.
Survivors include his wife, Judy Weiss, Hollandtown; his mother, Margaret "Jane" Weiss, De Pere; three sons, Chuck Weiss, Sun Prairie (friend, Robin Clisso) and his children, Charles, James, and Rebecca; Andy (Lynn) Weiss, Green Bay and their children, Keiryn and Chandler; and Bill (Laura) Weiss, Lindstrom, Minn. and their children, Naomi, Rachel, and Stephen; two brothers and a sister, Michael (Carol) Weiss, De Pere; John (Amy) Weiss, Allouez; and Margaret Tripp, Green Bay; as well as numerous sisters and brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Bill was preceded in death by his father, Webster Weiss.
The funeral liturgy for Bill will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2007, at ST. FRANCIS CATHOLIC CHURCH, Hollandtown, with Fr. Jerry Pastors and Fr. Paul Radetski officiating. Interment will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at Sacred Heart Cemetery in Allenton, Wis. Visitation will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. at which time a parish prayer service will be held. Visiting hours will resume Thursday morning at the funeral home from 8 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. at which time the cortege will leave for the church.
The family would like to express their appreciation to the staff of Affinity Hospice, as well as family members and friends for their prayers and support.
The Green Bay Press Gazette
Green Bay, WI
May 06, 2007.
M, b. May 31, 1917, d. March 31, 2002
- Birth: Webster Weiss was born on May 31, 1917.
- Marriage: He was married.
- Death: He died on March 31, 2002, at age 84.
Robert James Dorshorst
M, b. February 5, 1964, d. December 31, 2012
- Birth: Robert James Dorshorst was born on February 5, 1964.
- Death: He died on December 31, 2012, at age 48.
Charles F Brown
M, b. April 11, 1925, d. February 9, 2003
- Birth: Charles F Brown was born on April 11, 1925.
- Death: He died on February 9, 2003, at age 77.
Arthur Louis Ashbeck
M, b. November 2, 1928, d. August 21, 1978
- Birth: Arthur Louis Ashbeck was born on November 2, 1928 in Milladore, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 21, 1978, at age 49, in Marshfield, Wood Co, Wisconsin.
Anne Marie Vandenberg
F, b. October 2, 1940, d. March 30, 2005
- Birth: Anne Marie Vandenberg was born on October 2, 1940 in Chicago, Cook Co, Illinois.
- Marriage: She and John Elmer Bromley were married.
- Death: Anne Marie Vandenberg died on March 30, 2005, at age 64, in Canoga Park, Los Angeles Co, California.