Leland J VandeVen
M, b. November 21, 1926, d. September 18, 1986
Family: Anita Smith (b. June 14, 1934, d. February 2, 2018)
- Birth: Leland J VandeVen was born on November 21, 1926.
- Marriage: He and Anita Smith were married.
- Death: Leland J VandeVen died on September 18, 1986, at age 59.
F, b. June 14, 1934, d. February 2, 2018
- Birth: Anita Smith was born on June 14, 1934.
- Marriage: She and Leland J VandeVen were married.
- Death: Anita Smith died on February 2, 2018, at age 83.
- Note: Abrams - Anita Van De Ven, age 85, of Abrams and formerly of De Pere, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, February 2, 2018. She married Leland J. Van De Ven and he preceded her in death in 1986. She worked at Milprint for many years. Anita was an avid reader and made frequent trips to the Brown County Library. She also enjoyed visits to Florida and was an animal lover.
Survivors include her son: Maj. Dale Van De Ven (USAF Ret) and his sweetheart Ruth Johnson; longtime special friend Robert Euclide and his family, and her beloved dog Lady.
In addition to her husband, Leland, she was preceded in death by her mother Sylvia Smith and sister Sally Cerruti.
Private family services were held. Cotter Funeral Home and Crematory is assisting the family.
Memorials may be directed to either the Salvation Army or the MMEO Memorial Fund (stray animal fund), 309 Overlook Dr, Lebanon, VA 24266.
Our family would like to thank Dr. Amy Kratz and nurses, as well as the caregivers from Unity Hospice for their compassionate care.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Feb. 7, 2018.
Roy A Holl
M, b. October 12, 1928, d. February 29, 2012
- Birth: Roy A Holl was born on October 12, 1928.
- Death: He died on February 29, 2012, at age 83.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
Walter N Jarosinski
M, b. September 14, 1929, d. April 9, 2012
Family: Rita Roffers (b. April 25, 1923, d. October 23, 2004)
- Birth: Walter N Jarosinski was born on September 14, 1929.
- Marriage: He and Rita Roffers were married on May 22, 1965 in Hofa Park, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Walter N Jarosinski died on April 9, 2012, at age 82.
- Burial: He was buried in St Stanislaus, Hofa Park, Shawano Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Walter N. Jarosinski, 82, Tulsa, Okla., formerly of Hofa Park, passed away on Monday, April 9, 2012, following a short battle with cancer. The son of the late Stanley and Kathryn (Schesniak) Jarosinski was born Sept. 14, 1929 in Hofa Park.
On May 22, 1965, he married Rita Roffers at St. Stanislaus Church in Hofa Park. Walter and Rita ran the family dairy farm and together raised their two chosen daughters. They retired from farming in 1992 and moved 'up north' to Hiles to enjoy their golden years. Sadly, their time together was cut short by Rita's affliction with Alzheimer's, and she preceded him in death in 2004.
Walter enjoyed his grandchildren, Packers football, talking farming, tractors and trains, and classic country and polka music. He always had a quick wit, and loved a good joke or prank. We imagine that Rita is begging him for a polka dance right now, and he is trying to hang with his friends and smoke a cigar. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
In addition to being preceded in death by his beloved Rita, he was also preceded by his sisters and brothers-in-law, Regina (Alphonse) Smith, and Ann (Leonard) Pinkowski; two brothers, Tony (Cora) and Sylvester Jarosinski; a sister-in-law, Donna Grosse and two brothers-in-law, Fred Preuss and Roy Holl.
Friends may call at Marnocha Funeral Home, Pulaski from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Closing Prayer Service at 5:30 p.m. The visitation continues at 10 a.m., Monday, April 16, at St. Stanislaus Church, W1888 Hofa Park Dr., Hofa Park. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, Fr. Finian Zaucha, O.F.M. presiding with burial in the parish cemetery.
F, b. December 8, 1891, d. December 16, 1911
- Birth: Antonia VanRyzin was born on December 8, 1891 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 16, 1911, at age 20, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
James John Ecker
M, b. July 3, 1927, d. February 5, 2018
- Birth: James John Ecker was born on July 3, 1927 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Eunice Stevens were married on October 19, 1946 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: James John Ecker died on February 5, 2018, at age 90, in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. May 20, 1928, d. November 8, 2015
- Birth: Eunice Stevens was born on May 20, 1928.
- Marriage: She and James John Ecker were married on October 19, 1946 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Eunice Stevens died on November 8, 2015, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
- Note: Ecker, Eunice W.
Never was there a Legacy as large and meaningful as the one that Eunice Ecker left behind as she left this world and was welcomed into a home where there is only everlasting peace and comfort. She entered this world on May 20, 1928 to Doug & Carrie (Goeser) Stevens.
She married Jim Ecker on October 19, 1946 in Stockbridge where she worked beside him the entire 69 years they were married. She left behind 6 children, (1 deceased), 22 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren and numerous relatives, friends and neighbors.
Eunice was an amazing cook, spending most of her days in the kitchen feeding anyone who knocked on her door. Her love of reading extended near the end of her life. She prided herself on a clean house and a full cookie jar. She loved gardening, her flower beds and taking care of her family. She always sacrificed her needs for the good of her family. Her Godly actions and words of wisdom will forever follow us through our lives.
She was preceded in death by her most loved daughter, Mary Zitzelsberger, her parents, Jim's parents, her two sisters, her brother-in-law and numerous aunts and uncles.
She leaves behind her children: Donald (JoAnne) Ecker, Robert (Sandie) Ecker, Margie (Dean) Woelfel, Rick Ecker, and Dave (Wendy) Ecker; grandchildren: Don Jr., Doug & Amanda Ecker, Jackie, Joe (Jamie), Will, Jake & Harley Ecker, Josh (Larissa) Woelfel, Angela (Tim) Sauter, Lindsey (Jon) Panko, Abigail (Steve) Sauter, Deanna (Noah) Finnigan, Sam (Erin) Woelfel, Jordan, Micah & Michaela Woelfel, Shelly (Todd) Ludwig, Jennifer (Jeff) Funk, Mike (Lisa) Zitzelsberger, Mitchell & Megan Ecker; great grandchildren: Landon Ecker, Kiley & Jessa Woelfel, Lucas, Emelia & Peter Sauter, Montgomery & Baby Boy Sauter, Baby Girl Woelfel, Brandon & Sawyer Ludwig, Gabby & Gavin Funk, Owen, Chase & Grant Zitzelsberger.
Funeral service will be at 11:00 am on Thursday, November 12, 2015 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge with the Rev. Michael Betley officiating. Burial will follow in the Parish Cemetery. Friends may call at the church from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 and on Thursday at the church from 9:30 am until 10:30 am. A parish vigil service will take place Wednesday evening at 7:30 pm at the church.
You are forever in our hearts, Grandma, Mom, Great Grandma, & Wife.
Online Condolences wietingfuneralhome.com.