M, b. May 2, 1944, d. April 8, 2005
- Birth: Richard Burns was born on May 2, 1944.
- Marriage: He and Jeanette Jean Latza were married.
- Death: Richard Burns died on April 8, 2005, at age 60.
Darvin M Spranger
M, b. March 27, 1958, d. March 31, 1958
- Birth: Darvin M Spranger was born on March 27, 1958 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on March 31, 1958, at age 0.
M, b. November 17, 1835, d. June 20, 1929
Family: Gerardina Craanen (b. November 13, 1846, d. September 14, 1895)
- Cornelius Vandehei (b. January 24, 1869, d. November 5, 1960)
- Magdelan VandeHei (b. January 20, 1870, d. March 3, 1945)
- George VanDeHei (b. March 25, 1872, d. July 1, 1943)
- Jacob VandeHei (b. April 24, 1875, d. December 30, 1946)
- Birth: Hendrikus VandeHei was born on November 17, 1835 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Gerardina Craanen were married.
- Death: Hendrikus VandeHei died on June 20, 1929, at age 93, in Wrightstown, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Mount Calvary Cemetery, DePere, Wisconsin.
M, b. September 10, 1829
- Birth: Petrus VandeHei was born on September 10, 1829 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. March 19, 1842
- Birth: Antonius Brands was born on March 19, 1842 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Wilhelmina Vandehei were married on April 23, 1887 in Zeeland, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Kathy Lynn Lanser
F, b. December 2, 1954, d. June 30, 1969
- Birth: Kathy Lynn Lanser was born on December 2, 1954.
- Death: She died on June 30, 1969, at age 14.
- Burial: She was buried in St Edward Cemetery, Mackville, Wisconsin.
John Rodney ("Monk Reader") Reader
M, b. March 26, 1933, d. January 13, 2018
- Birth: John Rodney ("Monk Reader") Reader was born on March 26, 1933.
- Marriage: He and Nancy Mae Kofler were married.
- Death: John Rodney ("Monk Reader") Reader died on January 13, 2018, at age 84.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: “Holy ‘Ol Christmas Trees” was a common shout out by John whenever anyone in the family had big news to tell. That type of news came often, as John and loving wife Nancy produced a wonderful family that now numbers 78 - including 8 children, 23 grandchildren, 25 great grandchildren, 2 great-great grandchildren, and many spouses.
John passed away peacefully with his sons by his side, on January 13, 2018, at the age of 84. He was born in a log home near Rhinelander, WI on March 26, 1933, to Edna & John Reader.
Despite a rough childhood and being the ‘man of the house’ to 6 younger sisters and a younger brother, and being raised on a carousel of relatives through his childhood, John grew up quickly and worked hard to be a role model and provider for his family. After marrying his high-school sweet heart Nancy and starting their family in Rhinelander, the family moved to Appleton in 1963. John worked as a lineman and machine operator for Superior Electric for 30 years, enduring year-round outdoor Wisconsin weather through his career. He was a tough person, helping Nancy raise a bossy (but very loving) daughter, 7 stubborn boys and, often traveling on extended work projects, and surviving separate incidents in years past, including a near-fatal heart attack and a crushed jaw in a work accident.
Though we all remember the soft side of grandpa. He invented a ‘secret drawer’ with treats that every single grandchild ran to on every visit, finding it quite quickly (maybe because it was painted red and all the other drawers were gray). He loved holding the new grandchildren, and taking older ones on rides in the wagon of the riding lawnmower. And every son or grandson that introduced a new girlfriend was prepared to hear “What’s a pretty girl like you doing with him!?” He never skipped a beat and just loved his large family.
John cherished the most simple but meaningful things in life: family get-togethers practically every Sunday, attending thousands of sporting events and cheering for all his children and grandchildren, having Christmas Eve at the house for the family, getting up north to ‘Deer Camp’ each November with his sons (and laughing endlessly at the same stories), and having a Milwaukee’s Best while listening to the Oldies Station.
John is survived by his wife of 65 years, Nancy; his children: Cindy (Scott) Shupp, John (Nancy) Reader, Rob (Sue) Reader, Mike (Michelle) Reader, Steve (Jody) Reader, Dave (Elyn) Reader, Tom (Mary) Reader, Rick (Julie) Reader; his many grandchildren and their spouses; and sister: Sharon “JoJo”.
John was preceded in death by his mom Edna; and siblings: Doris, Bonnie, Ruth, Karen, Nancy, Bill; and son-in-law: Greg Siebers.
The funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 am, on Friday, January 19, 2018, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, 410 W. Lawrence St., Appleton, with Fr. Jim Leary O.F.M. Cap. officiating. Inurnment will be in St. Joseph Cemetery, Appleton. Visitation will be from 9:00 am until the time of the Mass.
Thank you, dad for your incredible support and your unconditional love. “Okee dokles” we’ll see you soon!
The Reader Family wants to especially thank the ThedaCare At Home Hospice care team, in particular Mary, for the past year of tremendous support and care.