David R Cummings
M, b. March 13, 1959, d. April 12, 2017
- Birth: David R Cummings was born on March 13, 1959 in Baraboo, Sauk Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 12, 2017, at age 58.
Marilyn C Daun
F, b. December 2, 1942, d. December 31, 2015
- Birth: Marilyn C Daun was born on December 2, 1942 in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 31, 2015, at age 73.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kroeger (nee Daun), Marilyn C.
Marilyn C. Kroeger, age 73, of Hortonville, died peacefully on Thursday, December 31, 2015, at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Marilyn was born in Chilton on December 2, 1942 to the late Albert and Serena (Denzel) Daun. After graduating at Stockbridge High School, she attended Fox Valley Technical College where she received her nursing degree. On August 2, 1975, she was united in marriage to Sidney "Sid" Kroeger - the couple just celebrated their 40th year together back in August. Marilyn worked as an LPN at Parkside Nursing Home in Little Chute. She also worked in retail at Pranges, now known as Younkers, she sold Avon for 38 years and also worked as a hostess and waitress at the Columbus Club in Appleton for 17 years. Marilyn was an original member of the Greenville Women's Club where she helped found the Fall Fair. She enjoyed scrapbooking, attending farmer's markets and thrift stores. Marilyn was a member at St. Mary Catholic Church, Greenville.
She will be missed by her husband Sid, Hortonville; her six children: Melissa (David) Cummings, Combined Locks, Melinda (Brian) Hornewer, Appleton, Douglas (Brenda) Schwobe, Hortonville, Michelle (Scott) Liebergen, Appleton, Marcie (special friend Daniel Russell) Kroeger, Little Chute, and David Kroeger, Hortonville; 10 grandchildren: Megan, Kimberly (David), Ashlee (Jake), Kaylee, Stefanie, Darron, Dillon, Jacob, Joshua, and Alexander; 2 great grandchildren: Jaydon and Rosalee; brother, Dennis (Cher) Daun, Stockbridge; brother-in-law, Father James Kroeger, Philippines; 2 sisters-in-law: Suzanne (Earl) Schroeder, Greenville and Mary Lou Kroeger, Appleton; and her 2 canine companions: Bart and Max. She is further survived by nieces, nephews, and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
A Mass of Resurrection will be celebrated at St. Mary Catholic Church, Stockbridge, at 11 am on Thursday, January 7. Friends may visit from 4 to 7:30 on Wednesday, January 6, at St. Mary Catholic Church, Greenville, and again on Thursday at St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge from 9 am until the time of service. Parish Wake Service will be held at St. Mary Catholic Church in Greenville at 7:30 pm on Wednesday. Interment will take place at St. Mary Catholic Cemetery, Stockbridge. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at St. Elizabeth Hospital for the compassionate care given to Marilyn.
Sidney Anthony Kroeger
M, b. October 22, 1939, d. January 9, 2018
- Birth: Sidney Anthony Kroeger was born on October 22, 1939 in Hortonville, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 9, 2018, at age 78, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Greenville, Wisconsin.
- Note: Hortonville - Sidney "Sid" Anthony Kroeger, age 78, died on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Sid was born on October 22, 1939 in Hortonville to the late Floyd A. and Dorothy (Becher) Kroeger. He was drafted into the U.S. Army in 1963 and proudly served during the Vietnam War. Sid was united in marriage to Marilyn Daun and they celebrated 40 years of marriage before her passing.
Sid was a farmer and enjoyed many years of selling his produce at the area farmers markets. He also managed the Columbus Club until it closed as well as bartended at various establishments in the Fox Valley. Sid loved playing cards with friends and family, enjoyed fantasy football leagues and the Green Bay Packers. He was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Greenville, Lions Club of Appleton and a volunteer fireman in Town of Ellington.
Sid was a great father and grandpa and will be missed by his six children: Melissa Cummings, Wild Rose, Melinda (Brian) Hornewer, Appleton, Douglas (Brenda) Schwobe, Hortonville, Michelle (Scott) Liebergen, Appleton, Marcie (special friend Daniel Russell) Kroeger, Little Chute, and David Kroeger, Hortonville; 10 grandchildren: Megan, Kimberly (David), Ashlee (Jake), Kaylee (fiancé, Sam), Stefanie (Zach), Darron (fiancé, Courtney), Dillon, Jacob, Joshua, and Alexander; 4 great grandchildren: Jaydon, Rosalee, Lillee and Oaklee; a brother, Father James Kroeger, Philippines; 2 sisters: Suzanne (Earl) Schroeder, Greenville and Mary Lou Kroeger, Appleton; brother-in-law, Dennis (Cher) Daun, IL and his 2 canine companions: Bart and Max. He is further survived by nieces, nephews, and close friends.
Sid was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Marilyn and children: Kevin and Kelly, son-in-law, David Cummings.
A Mass of Resurrection for Sid will be celebrated at 10:30 AM at St. Mary Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Greenville, on Saturday, January 20, 2018 with Rev. Michael Warden officiating. Interment will take place at St. Mary Parish Cemetery, Greenville with Military Honors performed by VFW Post 2778 of Appleton. Friends may visit the family at the Brettschneider Trettin-Nickel Funeral Chapel on Friday from 4 - 7 PM followed by a prayer service. There will also be visitation directly at church on Saturday from 9 - 10:30 AM. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.
Norma Ida Schmidt
F, b. January 9, 1901, d. July 17, 1992
- Birth: Norma Ida Schmidt was born on January 9, 1901.
- Death: She died on July 17, 1992, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Peggy Marie Tarry
F, b. October 23, 1946, d. January 4, 2018
- Birth: Peggy Marie Tarry was born on October 23, 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Death: She died on January 4, 2018, at age 71, in Florida.
- Note: Peggy Marie (Tarry) Longsine, age 71, of Plant City, FL passed away unexpectedly on Thursday January 4, 2018 at her home. She was born on October 23, 1946 in Kansas City, Missouri to Lloyd W. and Loretta (Walters) Tarry. Peggy graduated from Weyauwega High School in 1964. She enjoyed cheerleading and playing flute in the high school marching band. She attended University of Wisconsin Oshkosh in pursuit of a business degree.
Peggy was the youngest of eight siblings. She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 50 years, Terrance (Terry) A. Longsine, parents Lloyd W. and Loretta (Walters) Tarry, stepfather George Wipprecht, in-laws Herbert and Norma (Schmidt) Longsine, brother Lloyd (Bill) Tarry Jr., sisters Shirley (Tarry) Bryan, Beverly (Tarry) Givens and Marian (Tarry) Fisher.
Peggy is also survived by a daughter, Sherrine (Longsine) Caraballo and son-in-law, Luis A. Caraballo and grandchildren, Zachary and Gabriella Caraballo all of Burleson, TX; a son, Eric Longsine and daughter-in-law Jody (Nordheim) Longsine and grandchildren, Alex and Mason Longsine all of Appleton, WI. Sisters Marjorie (Tarry) Robb, Eleanor (Tarry) Ullrich, brother Dennis Tarry, special godchild Kristin (Krissy) Bartel, and many nieces and nephews.
Peggy was a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend. There is no way simple words in a meager obituary could describe the profound effect Peggy had on the lives of so many people. It will be a great effort on the part of the living to go on without her. She loved life, family, and friends. She was especially close to her four grandchildren. Her laugh was infectious and one of a kind. She is known for her fun personality, loyalty, and faith. Peggy was generous, organized, independent, professional, and a protector. She enjoyed entertaining and pleasing people thru her cooking. The more people the merrier.
Peggy worked at St. Elizabeth's Hospital for many years as an Executive Administrative Assistant. Upon retirement, Peggy and Terry spent years traveling the country. They loved their RV, camping, and the beach. Later, she went back to work at University of Phoenix, Appleton Campus, as an administrator. Throughout her working years, she won many awards for employee commitment and dedication. She was a valued employee.
A lifelong resident of the Fox Valley area (Wisconsin), Peggy and Terry moved to Plant City, Florida in 2013 to enjoy the warmer weather. Her family loved to visit. Many cherished memories were made there and will continue for years to come.
The family is grateful to the many friends and families for their outpouring of condolences, admiration, and love for Peggy and Terry. We are grateful to their Florida friends and neighbors who aided her thru the recent passing of her husband, Terry (13 days prior) who assisted in care, helped around the house, and who were always concerned for her well-being. It gave her children great comfort knowing she wasn't lonely; but loved. We want to thank lifelong family friend, Jo Rohm, for loving our parents and her children as her own. She has been instrumental throughout this process.
A visitation will be held at Faith Lutheran Church, 601 Glendale Avenue, Appleton, WI 54911 on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 1 pm along with her husband, Terry. A memorial service will follow at 2 pm. Lunch to follow.
Love and peace to all – Sherri and Eric (children.)
Jeanette Jean Latza
F, b. January 19, 1947, d. January 5, 2018
- Birth: Jeanette Jean Latza was born on January 19, 1947 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 5, 2018, at age 70.
- Note: Manawa - Jeanette Jean Riley, age 70 of Manawa, WI, passed away unexpectedly in Texas on Friday, January 5, 2018 while visiting her daughter and her family during the holidays, which she did each year. Jeanette was born in Clintonville, Wisconsin on January 19, 1947, daughter of Frank and Virginia (Polzin) Latza. Jeanette attended school in New London, WI. Jeanette worked in the health care field her entire career until she became disabled from cancer in 2005. Jeanette enjoyed being outside, working in her yard, tending to her flowers. Jeanette loved to camp in her earlier years. Jeanette loved spending time with her family.
Jeanette is survived by her husband Michael J. Riley; five children: Richard Burns, Kay Colbert (Burns) son-in-law Curtis L. Colbert, David (Linda) Burns, Timothy Burns and Kevin Burns; her mother Virginia Latza; brother and sister-in-law Gordon (Rita) Latza, and sister-in law Sandra Puckett. Five grandchildren: Jacob, Curtis II, Brandon, Nicole, Dylan, Dion and Ciera; and three great-grandchildren, Cyrus, Amara and Liliana. She is further survived by aunts, nieces, nephews and good friends: Judy, Karen, Nancy, Shirley and Kate.
She was preceded in death by her father, Frank Latza, daughter Shelly, her first husband Richard Burns and numerous aunts and uncles.
Funeral services for Jeanette will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 2:00 pm at Cline and Hanson's Funeral Home. Visitation will be held on January 20, 2018 from 12:00-2:00 pm.
Jeanette's wisdom and kindness affected a lot of hearts in several ways. There will always be a part of her in all of us. She will never be forgotten by her friends and family.