John E Burke
M, b. December 3, 1851, d. April 14, 1913
- Father: John Burke (b. June 1820, d. December 15, 1901)
- Mother: Mary Kelly (b. 1823, d. November 27, 1893)
- Birth: John E Burke was born on December 3, 1851 in Pennsylvania.
- Death: He died on April 14, 1913, at age 61, in Huntington Beach, Orange Co, California.
- Note: John Burke Chilton Times April 25, 1913
Died in California
In the last week's issue of The Times a brief mention was made of the death of John E. Burke, which occurred at his home at Huntington Beach, Calif., of heart trouble on April 14th. The deceased was a don of the late John and Mary Burke, pioneers of the town of Chilton. He was born December 3, 1851 in the state of Pennsylvania, coming to Wisconsin in 1857 with his parents and locating in the town of New Holstein, where they remained a short time and then moved onto a farm in the town of Woodville, one mile south of the village of Hilbert, on the Chilton road. The deceased was a hard working and industrious man and continued farming until some fourteen years ago when he disposed of his holdings and left for the west where he worked at various places up to some six months age when he moved to California.
Three months ago he purchased a small fruit farm at Huntington Beach and was enjoying apparently good health until stricken by heart trouble. The body was shipped to this city, arriving here Tuesday night and was taken to the home of Mrs. Timothy Harlow, on Grand Street, where it lay in state until ten o'clock Wednesday morning when it was escorted by relatives and friends to St. Augustine's church of which he was a member from boyhood until he left this section of the country.
Services were conducted by Rev. Fr. Geo. A Clifford with interment in St. Augustine's cemetery. He is survived by four sisters; Mrs. Timothy Harlow of this city; Mrs. Michael Connelly of Milwaukee; Mrs. F. Keagel of Gladstone, Mich.; Mrs. M. Consadine of Escanaba, Mich.
The Huntington Beach, Cal., News had the following notice of Mr. Burke's death:
About 8 o'clock Wednesday morning John E. Burke was found dead in bed at his late home on Delaware Avenue. The discovery was made by Peter Ansing, a neighbor, who was doing some work at the Burke place. Not seeing Mr. Burke around Wednesday morning when he went to work. Mr. Ansing looked for him and found him in bed.
Dr. G. A. Shank was called and found that the man was dead. The body was removed to the Bundschuh Undertaking parlors.
About two months ago Mr. Burke came to Huntington Beach and purchased a tract of 2 ½ acres out on Delaware Avenue form the Huntington Beach company, which he was improving. The deceased was about 60 or 65 years of age. A sister resides in Chilton, Wis., and the remains were shipped to that place Friday.
John G Laughrin
M, b. June 24, 1897, d. December 30, 1949
- Birth: John G Laughrin was born on June 24, 1897.
- Death: He died on December 30, 1949, at age 52.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Frances F Carroll
F, b. September 17, 1898, d. September 14, 1977
- Birth: Frances F Carroll was born on September 17, 1898.
- Death: She died on September 14, 1977, at age 78.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. May 1, 1905, d. August 7, 1947
- Birth: Raymond Laughrin was born on May 1, 1905.
- Death: He died on August 7, 1947, at age 42, in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
F, b. September 3, 1880, d. October 7, 1961
- Birth: Caroline Reynen was born on September 3, 1880 in South Dakota.
- Death: She died on October 7, 1961, at age 81, in Hennepin County, Minnesota.
William R Pomeroy
M, b. 1876, d. May 7, 1933
- Birth: William R Pomeroy was born in 1876 in Minnesota.
- Death: He died on May 7, 1933, at age ~57, in Hennepin County, Minnesota.
Luceil F VanOss
F, b. November 13, 1910, d. April 16, 1999
- Birth: Luceil F VanOss was born on November 13, 1910 in Pori, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died on April 16, 1999, at age 88, in Vancouver, Clark Co, Washington.
Raymond Henry Berdinner
M, b. October 21, 1899, d. October 31, 1969
- Birth: Raymond Henry Berdinner was born on October 21, 1899 in Iron Mountain, Dickinson Co, Michigan.
- Death: He died on October 31, 1969, at age 70.
Margaret Elizabeth Schober
F, b. October 9, 1912, d. February 16, 1988
- Birth: Margaret Elizabeth Schober was born on October 9, 1912 in Tomah, Monroe Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 16, 1988, at age 75, in EauClaire County, Wisconsin.
Robert R Reynen
M, b. July 10, 1931, d. March 30, 1995
- Birth: Robert R Reynen was born on July 10, 1931.
- Death: He died on March 30, 1995, at age 63, in EauClaire County, Wisconsin.
David L Reynen
M, b. May 17, 1938, d. April 24, 2014
- Birth: David L Reynen was born on May 17, 1938 in Eau Claire, Eau Claire Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on April 24, 2014, at age 75, in Chippewa County, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Hope Cemetery, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
Lois Ann Reynen
F, b. July 20, 1939, d. December 17, 1996
- Birth: Lois Ann Reynen was born on July 20, 1939.
- Death: She died on December 17, 1996, at age 57, in EauClaire County, Wisconsin.
Richard Dudley Herrick
M, b. August 21, 1935, d. November 22, 1996
- Birth: Richard Dudley Herrick was born on August 21, 1935.
- Death: He died on November 22, 1996, at age 61, in EauClaire County, Wisconsin.
Kathleen M Reynen
F, b. August 23, 1918, d. July 9, 2006
- Birth: Kathleen M Reynen was born on August 23, 1918 in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.
- Death: She died on July 9, 2006, at age 87, in Altoona, Eau Claire Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kathleen M. Gustin, 87, of Eau Claire, died peacefully Sunday, July 9, 2006, at Oakwood Villa Nursing Home of Altoona, surrounded by her children.
Kathleen, one of four children, was born in rural Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, on August 23, 1918, to George and Anna Reynen, and spent her early years on farms in North Dakota and Wisconsin. On April 17, 1941, she married Joseph Gustin of Eau Claire, who preceded her in death in 2004, after 63 years of marriage. Together they operated Gustin Cleaners from 1941 until their retirement in 1980. They spent many of their retirement years in Mesa, Ariz., enjoying friends, cards and golf.
Kathleen is survived by her children, Judy and Allyn Brunet of Phoenix, Ariz., Mary Jo and Norman Vaine of Surry, N.H., Bob and Debbie Gustin of Apple Valley, Minn., Margie Brockway of Eau Claire and Karen and Arnie Kleinsasser of Rapid City, S.D.; grandchildren Kathy, Lisa, Amy, Sarah, Christopher, Kristina, Andrew, Laura, Aaron, Jordan and Bradley; and great-grandchildren, Emily, Ethan, Alaina, Ella, Luke and James; many nieces and nephews; other relatives and friends.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 12, 2006, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with the Reverend Eugene Klink officiating. Interment will be at a later date. Relatives and friends may call one hour prior to the service at the church.
Memorials are preferred to St. Bede Priory in the name of Sister Mary Jane Cournoyer.
The family would like to express our appreciation to the wonderful friends and staff at Oak Gardens and Oakwood Villa who extended great kindness to Joe and Kathy on many occasions.
Golden Funeral Home is serving the family.
Leader-Telegram, Eau Claire, WI
Published 12 July 2006.
Joseph Phillip Gustin
M, b. February 12, 1915, d. April 18, 2004
- Birth: Joseph Phillip Gustin was born on February 12, 1915 in North Dakota.
- Death: He died on April 18, 2004, at age 89, in Altoona, Eau Claire Co, Wisconsin.
Audrey G Knight
F, b. January 2, 1915, d. January 5, 2005
- Birth: Audrey G Knight was born on January 2, 1915.
- Death: She died on January 5, 2005, at age 90, in California.
Joyce Ileen Hanson
F, b. December 19, 1924, d. October 27, 2017
- Birth: Joyce Ileen Hanson was born on December 19, 1924 in Alberta, Canada.
- Death: She died on October 27, 2017, at age 92, in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.
M, b. March 3, 1811, d. September 15, 1819
- Birth: Johannes VandenElsen was born on March 3, 1811 in Veghel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: He died on September 15, 1819, at age 8, in Veghel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1785
- Birth: Peter VanWell was born circa 1785.
F, b. circa 1785
- Birth: Pieternel VanderRijt was born circa 1785.
Theodora Maria VandenElzen
F, b. February 7, 1840
- Birth: Theodora Maria VandenElzen was born on February 7, 1840 in Nistelrode, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Immigration: She immigrated to Leila in 1851.
KC Lynn Brunette
F, b. July 23, 1992, d. December 31, 2017
- Birth: KC Lynn Brunette was born on July 23, 1992 in Neenah, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 31, 2017, at age 25, in Fox Crossing, Winnebego Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: KC Lynn Brunette, 25, passed away on Sunday, December 31, 2017 at home.
KC was born on July 23, 1992 to Tammie Schultz and David Brunette in Neenah. KC was a fun loving, beautiful, loving girl who enjoyed crafts. She liked helping around the house and loved her pets and all animals.
KC is survived by her parents Tammie Schultz and David Brunette, a sister Angel, a step-sister Sherri (Doug) Curtis, her grandmother Nancy Schultz, aunts and uncles; Mickey (Liz) Brunette, Sandy (Bob) Krause, and Tracey (Ted) Frank, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. KC was preceded in death by her maternal grandfather Harold and her paternal grandparents, Ted and Edna Brunette.
The visitation for KC will be held from 3:00 - 6:00 PM at the WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N. Superior St on Saturday January 6, 2018. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.