M, b. August 8, 1930, d. July 7, 1983
Family 1: Janice Ravet (b. April 22, 1932, d. December 29, 2017)
- Birth: Bernard VandenHouten was born on August 8, 1930.
- Marriage: He and Janice Ravet were married on November 28, 1951.
- Marriage: Bernard VandenHouten was married on July 25, 2003.
- Death: He died on July 7, 1983, at age 52.
F, b. April 22, 1932, d. December 29, 2017
- Birth: Janice Ravet was born on April 22, 1932 in Walhain, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Bernard VandenHouten were married on November 28, 1951.
- Death: Janice Ravet died on December 29, 2017, at age 85.
- Note: Luxemburg - Janice I. Vandenhouten-Haucke, 85 of Luxemburg, died early Friday morning, December 29, 2017. She was born on April 22, 1932 in Walhain to the late Frank and Irene (Wilquet) Ravet. She graduated from Luxemburg High School. On November 28, 1951 Janice married Bernard Vandenhouten. He preceded her in death July 07, 1983. On July 25, 2003, Janice married Miles E. Haucke at St. Mary Church, Luxemburg. Janice was employed at a papermill in Green Bay and had farmed with Bernard. She was a member of the Ralph Kline American Legion Auxiliary Unit 262, Luxemburg and a member of the Christian Mother Society of St. Mary Church in Luxemburg.
Survivors include her husband, Miles; six step-children, Suzanne (Kent) Beckmann, Scott (Mary) Haucke, all of Algoma; Kelly (Tracy) Haucke, Beaver Dam; Robert (Rachel) Haucke, Randall (Special friend, Tracy) Haucke, all of Sturgeon Bay; eleven step-grandchildren, Jessica (Devin) Welhouse, Katie Beckmann, Brett Beckmann, Laura Beckmann, Samantha Haucke, Cody Haucke, Cole Haucke, Ethan Haucke, Rose Marie Haucke, Kathy Santy, Bryan Santy; three step-great-grandchildren, Jayce, Aubree and Kimberly; one brother and two sisters in law, John (Betty) Ravet, Sugarbush; DeWayne Ravet, Green Bay; brothers in law and sisters in law, Bertha Delveaux, Luxemburg; Verna May (Elmer) Frisque, New Franken; Jean Haucke, Algoma; Mavis Duerst, Sturgeon Bay; Dennis (Nancy) Haucke, Algoma; nieces and nephews.
Janice was preceded in death by, her parents, her father in law and mother in law, Edwin and Rennie (Vandevelde) Vandenhouten; one sister and one brother in law, Carol and Lloyd Cravillion; one brother, Jim Ravet; three brothers in law, Elmer Delveaux, Wayne Haucke and Randy Duerst; one step-son, Jeff Haucke.
Friends may call at St. Mary Church, Luxemburg, 4:00 to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 02, 2018. Closing combined Ralph Kline American Legion Auxiliary Unit 262 memorial service and St. Mary Christian Mother Rosary at 7:00 pm on Tuesday. Visitation will continue between 9:30 and 10:45 am at St. Mary Church, Luxemburg on Wednesday, January 03, 2017. Funeral 11:00 am on Wednesday at the church with Rev. Milton Suess officiating. Burial in St. Martin Cemetery, Tonet.
McMAHON FUNERAL HOME, LUXEMBURG is assisting the family. www.mcmahonfh.com
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Dec. 31, 2017 to Jan. 6, 2018.
Robert Otto VandenBranden
Richard J VandenBranden
M, b. December 14, 1928, d. December 5, 1979
- Birth: Richard J VandenBranden was born on December 14, 1928.
- Death: He died on December 5, 1979, at age 50, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Elizabeth Mae VandenBranden
F, b. October 8, 1930, d. December 25, 2017
- Birth: Elizabeth Mae VandenBranden was born on October 8, 1930 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Gerald Walraven were married on May 24, 1958 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Elizabeth Mae VandenBranden died on December 25, 2017, at age 87.
- Burial: She was buried in Nicolet Memorial Gardens, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Green Bay - Betty (Elizabeth) Mae Walraven, 87, died unexpectedly on December 25, 2017. She was born October 8, 1930, in Green Bay to August and Stella (Pagel) Vanden Branden. On May 24, 1958, Betty married Gerald Walraven at St. Patrick Catholic Church. Jerry preceded her in death on August 26, 2014.
Betty worked in the Trust Department of Kellogg Bank, at Firestone Tire in California, and at Green Bay Packaging where she was encouraged to write letters to Jerry, a young chemical engineer who had been called to service in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. A 58 year romance and marriage followed, with many happy years spent in Green Bay, De Pere and Sturgeon Bay. Betty enjoyed exercise classes, was an avid Packer fan, and a dog lover. Her beloved family was the center of her life.
She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Jane and Mark Mawer of Cedarburg; her son and daughter-in-law, Peter and Lisa Walraven of De Pere; three grandchildren, Greg Mawer, Emily Mawer and Scott Mawer; two sisters-in-law, Jean Vanden Branden of Neenah and Ginny Vanden Branden of Green Bay.
In addition to her husband Jerry, she was preceded in death by her parents, August and Stella Vanden Branden, three brothers and a sister-in-law, Donald, Robert and Rose Mary, and Richard Vanden Branden; a brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Robert and June Walraven.
Visitation will be from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Saturday, January 6, 2018, at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 2040 Hillside Lane. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday at the church with Rev. Mark Vander Steeg officiating. Burial will be in Nicolet Memorial Gardens. To send online condolences visit www.prokowall.com. Memorial gifts to the Bay Area Humane Society or St. Bernard Parish are appreciated.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Dec. 31, 2017 to Jan. 5, 2018.
M, b. August 24, 1928, d. August 26, 2014
- Birth: Gerald Walraven was born on August 24, 1928.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Mae VandenBranden were married on May 24, 1958 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Gerald Walraven died on August 26, 2014, at age 86.
F, b. August 29, 1773, d. February 16, 1848
- Birth: Petronella VandePas was born on August 29, 1773 in Gemonde, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Death: She died on February 16, 1848, at age 74, in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. February 21, 1771
- Birth: Petrus VanderPas was born on February 21, 1771 in Sint Michielsgestel, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Anna Maria VandenBerg were married on August 30, 1834 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Anna Maria VandenBerg
F, b. April 4, 1790
- Birth: Anna Maria VandenBerg was born on April 4, 1790 in Berlicum, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Petrus VanderPas were married on August 30, 1834 in Uden, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Ruth Ann Hephner
F, b. November 11, 1966, d. December 29, 2017
- Birth: Ruth Ann Hephner was born on November 11, 1966 in Chilton, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on December 29, 2017, at age 51, in Antigo, Langlade Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Antigo - Ruth Ann Geiger, age 51, of Antigo, died Friday, December 29, 2017 at her home under the care of her family and LeRoyer Hospice after a long courageous battle against brain cancer.
Ruth was born on November 11, 1966 in Chilton to the late Delores (Gruenke) Grube Hephner and Harvey Hephner.
On June 8, 1991 she was united in marriage to Jerry Geiger. They later divorced, remaining friends.
She then began a loving relationship with John Rhode.
Ruth was raised in Chilton and was a graduate of Chilton High School class of 1985. She went on to receive her bachelor degree in education from U-W Green Bay and her master's degree in education from Viterbo.
She taught at Pleasant View and North Elementary.
Ruth loved being a mother and enjoyed watching her girls play sports. She truly loved her friends, family and her students. She enjoyed traveling and going out to dinner with John.
Ruth is survived by 3 daughters, Alexis (Jackson) Draeger of De Pere, Abigail Geiger of Antigo, Elizabeth Geiger attending U-W Madison, her longtime loving companion, John Rhode, her father Harvey Hephner of Chilton, 2 sisters, Rita Diener of Appleton, Kate (David) Gaines of Wausau, 6 brothers, Wesley Grube of Potter, William (Sue) Grube of New Holstein, Gordon (Julie) Grube of Chilton, Arthur (Arlene) Grube of Westfield, Mike Grube of Chilton, Harvey (Cindy) Hephner of Brothertown, 2 sister-in-laws, Deb (Art) Grube of Whitewater, Carol Grube of New Holstein, her Godchildren, Rebecca Diener, Emily Olson, Diana Wrobleski, and many nieces and nephews.
Ruth was preceded in death by her mother, 2 brothers, Russell and Steven Grube, a brother-in-law, Alan Diener, maternal grandparents Nicholas and Elizabeth Gruenke and paternal grandparents Jay and Zoea Hephner.
Visitation will be held on Wednesday from 10:00 AM until 12:45 PM in Hoffmann Hall at St. John Catholic Church. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 1:00 PM at St. John Catholic Church. Father David Schmidt will officiate.
Interment will be in St. Augustine Cemetery in Chilton on Thursday at 10:30 AM.
Strasser-Roller Funeral Home is assisting the family. Friends may visit online at www.strasserrollerfh.com.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on Jan. 1, 2018.