Jan Marie Steffens
F, b. February 19, 1955, d. November 21, 2017
- Birth: Jan Marie Steffens was born on February 19, 1955 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on November 21, 2017, at age 62.
Marie B Mineau
F, b. July 18, 1916, d. March 3, 1977
- Birth: Marie B Mineau was born on July 18, 1916 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on March 3, 1977, at age 60, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Donald Louis Smits
M, b. February 26, 1937, d. November 17, 2017
- Birth: Donald Louis Smits was born on February 26, 1937 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 3, 1956 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on November 17, 2017, at age 80.
- Burial: He was buried in Fort Howard Memorial Park, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Donald Louis Smits, age 80, of Ashwaubenon, passed away peacefully after a long illness on Friday, November 17, 2017. He was born on February 26, 1937, in Green Bay, to the late Donald and Marie (Mineau) Smits. Donnie graduated from East Green Bay High School in 1956, where he excelled at football and basketball. He then went on to serve in the U.S. Marine Corps. Donnie married his high school sweetheart, Lois Link, on November 3, 1956, at St. Mary's of the Angels in Green Bay. He worked at Kendall Corporation for 37 years until his retirement in 1999. Donnie loved spending time with his family. He worked hard to maintain his home, yard, and cottage. Donnie loved sports of all kinds, especially the Packers, Badgers, and Notre Dame football. Donnie enjoyed hunting, fishing, and spending time outdoors. He was a generous man with a great sense of humor.
Donnie will be sadly missed by his wife of 61 years, Lois; children, Jeff (Brenda), Steve (Jennifer), Shelly (Dean Bialozynski), Mike (Patti), and Lisa (Craig) Roskom; grandchildren, Ryan (Courtney), Jordan, Patrick (Kristen), and Erin (Nick), Keegan and Kelly, Robert (Beth) Bialozynski, Brittany (Mike) Fisher, Sydney (Andy) Cleven, and Carli, and McKenzie (Colin), Megan, and Brennan Roskom; great-grandchildren, Charlotte Smits, Bennett Smits, Hayden, Carson, and Easton Thomas, and Lawson and Cashton Flinchum; sister, Nancy Smits; brother-in-law, Robert (Diane) Link; sister-in-law, Janice Boettcher; and many nieces, nephews, neighbors, and friends.
In addition to his parents, Donnie is preceded in death by his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Roland and Helen Link; brother-in-law, Clark Boettcher; and many aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Visitation will be held on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, at Nativity of Our Lord Catholic Church, 2270 S. Oneida St., from 9:00 a.m. until the time of Mass of Christian Burial at 11:00 a.m. Rev. Michael Ingold will be officiating. Entombment will be in Ft. Howard Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to either the American Heart Association or the Brown County Humane Society. Expressions of sympathy, memories, and photos of Donnie may be shared with his family on his tribute page at www.lyndahl.com.
Don's family wishes to extend a heartfelt thank you to the Cardiology Associates of Green Bay for their kindness and care.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Nov. 25 to Nov. 27, 2017.
Jeffrey D Smits
Steven Craig Smits
Michael John Smits
Lisa Marie Smits