F, b. January 4, 1934, d. November 8, 2017
- Birth: Elizabeth Zellner was born on January 4, 1934.
- Marriage: She and Raymond VandenPlas were married on September 16, 1952.
- Death: Elizabeth Zellner died on November 8, 2017, at age 83.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Betty (Grumsy) VanDenPlas, age 83, joined her husband, Ray, in the presence of the Lord, on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, due to post-surgical complications. Betty was born to Charles and Anna (Friex) Zellner in Walhain, Wisconsin. On September 16, 1952, she married Raymond VanDenPlas.
Betty was an avid gardener, accomplished baker, master seamstress, and immediate friend to every person she met. Time not committed to her family was spent serving the church or enjoying her friends. She enjoyed her countless hours of service to the St. Joseph Church community serving as lector, communion minister, organizing funeral dinners, caring for church laundry, providing meals for priests, Love Life, Altar Rosary Society member, Cub Scout den mother, bringing communion to the homebound or whatever was asked of her.
She is survived by her children, Debbie (Kevin) Tahany, and their daughter, Christina; Ray (Sue) VanDenPlas, and their children, Rachel and Curt Kane; great-grandchildren, Caleb, Addison, and Oliver; Lindsey (Aaron) Salzieder, great-grandchild, Lucy; Jerry (Jean) VanDenPlas, and their children, Sara (Gary) Brown; great-grandchildren, Marin, Margaux and Maeve, and Katie (Mike) Johnson, great-grandchildren, Sloane and Fitzgerald; Ken (Diane) VanDenPlas and their children, Adam and Traci; great grandchild, Brody Hagel; Greg (Mary) VanDenPlas, and their daughter, Sylvia; Theresa VanDenPlas, and her children, Nicholas Basche (Ashlie Dotson) and Kristin Basche (Mike Czech); and Ron (Jeni) VanDenPlas.
Other surviving family members include Betty's brothers, Richard Zellner, New Franken, Cyril (Donna) Zellner, Luxembug, Leonard (Dolores), New Franken, Russel (Dorothy) Zellner, New Franken; sister-in-law, Germain Zellner, Luxemburg; brothers-in-law, Lee Dworak, Denmark, Rosalyn VanDenPlas, New Franken, and Robert and Judy VanDenPlas, Green Bay.
She is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; brothers, Elmer (Dora) Zellner, Alvin (Eleanor) Zellner, Clarence Zellner; sisters, Elsie (August) Haen, Albertina (Raymond) Paye, and Loretta (Bernard) LeRoy; sister-in-law and brothers-in-law, Milton VanDenPlas, Albert VanDenPlas, Jr. and Joan Dworak.
Visitation will be held Monday, November 13, 2017, from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Lyndahl Funeral Home, 1350 Lombardi Avenue, with a wake service at 7:30 PM. Visitation will continue Tuesday, November 14, 2017, at 10:00 AM until the Mass of the Resurrection is celebrated at 11:00 AM at St. Joseph Church, 1224 12th Avenue. Entombment will be at Allouez Chapel Mausoleum. Expressions of sympathy, memories, and photos of Betty may be shared with her family on her tribute page at www.lyndahl.com
A special thanks to the cardiac, surgical and ICU unit of Bellin Memorial Hospital for their care and concern and Fr. Donald Everts for his presence with the family during this time.
In lieu of flowers, Betty requested a memorial fund be established.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Nov. 10 to Nov. 12, 2017.
M, b. September 2, 1934, d. December 16, 2006
- Birth: Raymond VandenPlas was born on September 2, 1934.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Zellner were married on September 16, 1952.
- Death: Raymond VandenPlas died on December 16, 2006, at age 72.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. February 26, 1913, d. March 27, 1995
- Birth: Albert VandenPlas was born on February 26, 1913 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mabel Laurent were married on November 15, 1933 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Albert VandenPlas died on March 27, 1995, at age 82.
F, b. February 15, 1919, d. April 29, 2004
- Birth: Mabel Laurent was born on February 15, 1919 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Albert VandenPlas were married on November 15, 1933 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Mabel Laurent died on April 29, 2004, at age 85.
M, b. August 17, 1912, d. October 20, 1986
- Birth: John VandenPlas was born on August 17, 1912 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Florence Jadin were married on June 24, 1941 in Brown County, Wisconsin.
- Death: John VandenPlas died on October 20, 1986, at age 74, in Luxemburg, Kewaunee Co, Wisconsin.