Leroy J Gutzman
M, b. August 28, 1921, d. February 25, 2006
- Birth: Leroy J Gutzman was born on August 28, 1921.
- Marriage: He and Agnes VanDenElzen were married.
- Death: Leroy J Gutzman died on February 25, 2006, at age 84.
LeRoy ("Corky Gutzman") Gutzman
M, b. April 25, 1943, d. November 4, 2017
- Birth: LeRoy ("Corky Gutzman") Gutzman was born on April 25, 1943.
- Marriage: He and Nancy J Homel were married on November 28, 1964.
- Death: LeRoy ("Corky Gutzman") Gutzman died on November 4, 2017, at age 74.
- Note: LeRoy "Corky" Gutzman, 74, passed away Saturday, November 4, 2017, after a courageous battle with cancer. He was born April 25, 1943, to Leroy and Agnes (Van Den Elzen) Gutzman. On November 28, 1964, LeRoy married his high school sweetheart, Nancy Homel. They were married for 48 years. Nancy preceded LeRoy in death on June 11, 2013. He was a U.S. Army veteran and had served in the National Guard. LeRoy worked at Provimi Veal until his retirement.
He enjoyed watching the Packers and Badgers. Corky liked fishing, gardening, and spending time in nature and feeding "his" birds. Tuesday morning breakfast with his friends and birthday celebrations at Doxbee's were among his favorites. LeRoy attended many sporting events and concerts for his beloved grandchildren. He loved to be with his family and friends.
He is survived by his two children and five grandchildren: Kelly (Todd) Kelsey and their children, Andrew (fiancée Carly Johnson), Alex and Annalise Kelsey; and Troy (Katherine) Gutzman and their children, Nicholas and Isabella Gutzman; his father-in-law, Anton Homel; one brother, Gary (Karen) Gutzman; one sister, Joy (Daryl) Zima; one sister-in-law, Norma (Doug) Nelson; and three brothers-in-law: Dennis (Nancy) Homel, Gerald (Susan) Homel, and Russell (Mary) Homel.
LeRoy was preceded in death by his wife, Nancy; his father and mother, Leroy and Agnes Gutzman; and his mother-in-law, Dorothy (Banaszynski) Homel.
Friends may call at Assumption B.V.M. Church, 119 E. Pulaski Street, Pulaski, after 9:00 a.m. Saturday. The Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11:00 a.m. Saturday at the church, Fr. Patrick Gawrylewski, O.F.M. presiding, followed by military honors by the Pulaski Area Veterans. Burial will take place at a later date in the parish cemetery.
The family extends a special thanks to all of Corky's friends and relatives who provided much help and support through the past several years.
Online condolences may be expressed at www.marnochafuneralhome.com
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Nov. 8 to Nov. 10, 2017.
Nancy J Homel
F, b. November 26, 1946, d. June 11, 2013
- Birth: Nancy J Homel was born on November 26, 1946.
- Marriage: She and LeRoy ("Corky Gutzman") Gutzman were married on November 28, 1964.
- Death: Nancy J Homel died on June 11, 2013, at age 66.
F, b. 1899, d. July 31, 1963
Family: William Selissen (b. April 26, 1897, d. January 28, 1963)
- Patricia Selissen
- Mary Lou Selissen
- Lorraine M Selissen (b. August 22, 1920, d. July 30, 2009)
- Lenore Marie Selissen (b. August 22, 1920, d. March 14, 2011)
- Carol E Selissen (b. February 24, 1922, d. May 7, 1997)
- Geraldine H Selissen (b. March 29, 1926, d. November 2, 2017)
- Birth: Lorraine Fochs was born in 1899.
- Marriage: She and William Selissen were married.
- Death: Lorraine Fochs died on July 31, 1963, at age ~64, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
Geraldine H Selissen
F, b. March 29, 1926, d. November 2, 2017
- Birth: Geraldine H Selissen was born on March 29, 1926 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Robert Piumbroeck were married on June 17, 1950 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Geraldine H Selissen died on November 2, 2017, at age 91.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Geraldine H. Piumbroeck, 91, Green Bay resident, passed away Sunday, November 5, 2017, at a local care facility. She was born March 29, 1926, in Green Bay to the late William and Lorraine (Fochs) Selissen. Jerry attended Green Bay East High School, graduating in 1944. She married Robert Piumbroeck on June 17, 1950, at St. Francis Xavier Cathedral. He preceded her in death on September 18, 1995. Jerry was employed at St. Vincent Hospital in the food service division and was especially proud to be the caterer for the doctors. She was employed at the hospital until her retirement. Jerry always looked forward to family trips to Clearwater Beach, Florida, and Disney World, which she enjoyed until just a few years back. She had a passion for reading, Harlequin Romance novels being at the top of her list. Jerry was known to have "a library" in her apartment where other residents would stop to exchange books. She was born into a musically talented family and was a charter member of Sweet Adeline's in Green Bay. Jerry's family was first and foremost. Her life revolved around her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and her entire family.
Jerry is survived by her three children: Joe (Beth) Piumbroeck; Jean (Bill) Palmer and Rick Piumbroeck, all of Allouez; six grandchildren: Bill and Bryan Piumbroeck, Erin (Anthony) Mendez, Jesse Palmer, Tracey (Kevin) Raab and Lauren Piumbroeck; two great grandchildren, Elaina and Aiden Mendez; Lauren's mother, Melissa Chipman; three sisters: Patty Van Beckum; Winn Bukowski and Mary Lou Ronsman, all of Green Bay; sister-in-law, Sharon Piumbroeck, Seattle, WA; nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter, Mary; three sisters: Carol (Don) Schrickel; Lorraine (Bill) Garvey and Lenore (Stanley) Poplaski; three brothers-in-law: Clarence Van Beckum; Gene Bukowski and Dewey Ronsman.
Friends may call at the Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St. after 11:00 am Sunday, November 12 until time of service. Funeral Service 3:00 pm Sunday at the funeral home with Deacon Paul Umentum officiating. Burial in the Allouez Catholic Cemetery. Online condolences may be sent to Jerry's family at www.prokowall.com. In lieu of floral expressions a memorial fund has been established in her name.
Jerry's family would like to extend a sincere thank you to the nurses and staff of the Odd Fellows Rehab Unit and the Odd Fellows Nursing Home for all the care and consideration given to Jerry and her family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Nov. 6 to Nov. 12, 2017.
M, b. May 18, 1924, d. September 18, 1995
- Birth: Robert Piumbroeck was born on May 18, 1924.
- Marriage: He and Geraldine H Selissen were married on June 17, 1950 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Robert Piumbroeck died on September 18, 1995, at age 71.
- Burial: He was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.