Kathleen M Hermans
F, b. May 31, 1958, d. October 10, 2017
- Birth: Kathleen M Hermans was born on May 31, 1958 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on October 10, 2017, at age 59, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kathleen "Kathy" M. (Hermans) Brennan, 59, Denmark, died unexpectedly on October 10, 2017, at a Green Bay hospital. Born on May 31, 1958, in Green Bay, she is the daughter of the late Peter E. and Lillian (Fiala) Hermans. Kathy graduated from Denmark High School in 1976. She cherished times spent playing cards around the campfire and at the local pub with her friends and family. Her hobbies included gardening and spending time with her beloved cat, Sophie. Kathy loved listening to her records, especially Patsy Cline, and enjoyed dancing to the music. She was a very creative person who loved floral design. As an avid Packers fan, she'll be remembered for her snazzy nails, colorful personality, and clothing apparel. She was a non-judgmental person with a giving heart. Kathy was the life of the party, and Christmas will not be the same without her. She currently worked at Clover Ridge Converting in De Pere with her loving partner, Dave Guelker.
Kathy is survived by eleven siblings, Ed (Blondie) Hermans, Frank Hermans, Ann (Gordon) Trybek, Marjorie Petersen, Barbara (Mario) Moreno, Adele West, Peter J. Hermans, Mark Hermans, David (Carolyn) Hermans, Mary (Dean) Doucha, and Michelle Barth; her adoring Godchildren, Willy Kuykendall and Heather Barth; and many nieces and nephews; and her loving partner, Dave Guelker; longtime friends, Sue Walter, Lori Krizenesky, Ron Calewaerts, Cheri Mitchell, Cindy Fruzen, and Bonnie Rosek.
She was preceded in death by her parents; nieces and nephew, Teri Trybek, Jeff Kuykendall, Amanda Hermans, and Megan Hermans; and many aunts and uncles.
A Mass and life celebration will take place in Denmark at a later date. Simply Cremation assisted the family with cremation services, 431-0100.
Please visit www.simplycremationwi.com to express online condolences to the family.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the doctors and staff at Aurora BayCare Medical Center and Aurora Hospice for their expertise, understanding, and compassionate care. They would also like to thank the staff at Simply Cremation.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on Oct. 12, 2017.
Peter J Hermans
Vernon A VandenBusch
M, b. July 30, 1924, d. October 11, 2017
- Birth: Vernon A VandenBusch was born on July 30, 1924 in Humboldt, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on September 25, 1948.
- Death: He died on October 11, 2017, at age 93.
- Note: Vernon A. Van Den Busch, 93, Green Bay, passed away Wednesday, October 11, 2017, at home with his wife at his side. He was born July 30, 1924, in Humboldt, WI, the son of the late Frank and Theresa (Detrie) Van Den Busch. He married the love of his life Elaine Stencil on September 25, 1948. Vernon grew up on a dairy farm in the town of Humboldt and continued dairy farming with Elaine in the town of Ledgeview until 1986. He was a hard-working, devoted herdsman/dairyman. He loved his cows and treated them like companion animals. After a few weeks of retirement, he began working at Mystery Hills (now Ledgeview) Golf Course and worked there for 15 years.
Vernon was a gentle, loving, and caring husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. He had an excellent sense of humor and quick wit, always bringing a smile to those around him. A true Packers and Brewers fan, Vernon was known to have had two T.V. sets going at the same time to catch both games. He was a true fan, even during the lean years.
He is survived by his wife, Elaine, of 69 years; five children, Tim, Barb, Ann (Joe) Heyrman, Karen (Pat) Finnel, and Lynn (Joe) Barrett; six grandchildren, Greg (Doree) Heyrman, Theresa (Greg) Beyer, Jeff (MaryJo) Heyrman, Matt Finnel, Andrea (Jason) Maresh, and Andy (Sarah) Finnel; 11 great-grandchildren, Brad, Garrett, Tehya, Ryan, Ava, Grace, Morgan, Allen, Charleigh, McCoy, and McKinley. Vernon is further survived by many nieces, nephews, other family and friends.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his sisters, Katie (Van Den Busch) Zellner, Regina (Van Den Busch) Bosaki; brothers, Ted, Leonard, Lawrence, Elmer, Alvin, and Norbert along with a granddaughter, Carrie Heyrman.
Visitation for Vernon will be at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St., Friday, October 13, 2017, from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. with a wake service to follow. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, October 14, 2017, at St. Mary's Catholic Church Glenmore, 5840 Apple Rd., De Pere, WI. There will be no visitation prior to mass on Saturday. Entombment will be at the Shrine of the Good Shepherd Catholic Mausoleum. In lieu of flowers and other expressions of sympathy a memorial is being established. Online condolences may be expressed at www.prokowall.com.
The family extends a special thank you to Vernon's caregivers, Lisa Conant, Cheryl Schilling, Shellie Berg, Laurie Thyes, and daughter Barb for their great care and compassion. Vernon's family also thanks Melissa and all the nurses and staff at Unity Hospice for their calming and compassionate service.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Oct. 12 to Oct. 14, 2017.
F, b. March 15, 1896, d. July 3, 1957
- Birth: Martha Goerling was born on March 15, 1896 in Wausau, Marathon Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 3, 1957, at age 61.
- Burial: She was buried in St John the Baptist Cemetery, Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Gerhard John Moericke
M, b. December 23, 1898, d. October 31, 1977
Family: Hattie Lueck (b. August 21, 1905, d. January 21, 1985)
- Birth: Gerhard John Moericke was born on December 23, 1898 in Dodge County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 31, 1977, at age 78, in Washburn County, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.