F, b. January 24, 1895
Family: Floyd Foor (b. August 1, 1904, d. August 19, 1988)
- Birth: Elsie Mau was born on January 24, 1895.
- Marriage: She and Floyd Foor were married.
M, b. August 1, 1904, d. August 19, 1988
- Birth: Floyd Foor was born on August 1, 1904 in Ohio.
- Marriage: He and Elsie Mau were married.
- Death: Floyd Foor died on August 19, 1988, at age 84, in Miami, Dade Co, Florida.
F, b. September 21, 1866, d. June 17, 1913
Family: Henry C Mau (b. July 16, 1860, d. December 19, 1939)
- Birth: Caroline Stridde was born on September 21, 1866 in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Henry C Mau were married on October 9, 1892.
- Death: Caroline Stridde died on June 17, 1913, at age 46.
- Burial: She was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
- Note: Kaukauna Times
June 20, 1913
Mrs. Henry Mau, aged 47 years, died quite suddenly Tuesday evening at 11:45 o'clock at her home on Park street of hemmorhage of the brain. She was round the house pursuing her duties as usual all the forenoon only that she complained towards noon of a headache and dizziness. This grew worse towards night, and after taking some remedies for it she retired but was seized with a vomiting spell. As he had often had the dizziness and heache before she though nothing serious would result, but as her symptoms instead of abating gre more pronounced Mr. Mau called a physician. She took a drink of water offered to her by her husband and laid back apparently going to sleep, but really sinking into an unconscious condition from which she could not be aroused. When the doctor arrived she was past help dying about midnight without a struggle.
Caroline Stridde was born at Menasha, September 21, 1866, and lived there until her marriage here to Mr. Mau October 9, 1892, since which time she has resided on the south side. She was known by her friends as an exemplary wife and a model housekeeper her beautiful home on Park avenue being the envy of all her friends for its neatness. One child, Elise, now grown to young womanhood and a graduate of the Kaukauna High School last week, is left alone with her father as the only members of the family circle; a sister, Mrs. Anna Parge of Franklin, also survives.
The funeral will be held Saturday afternoon at 2:00 o'clock from Zion Ev. Lutheran church on Reaume avenue under the charge of the Rev. Tho. Marth of Appleton with interment at the Union cemetery. Among those who will be present at the services from out of town are Mr. and Mrs. August Mau of Menasha, Mrs. Anna Parge of Franklin and Miss Hattie Stridde of Neenah.
Fred Bruno Bartsch
M, b. April 11, 1896, d. March 9, 1980
- Birth: Fred Bruno Bartsch was born on April 11, 1896.
- Death: He died on March 9, 1980, at age 83, in San Diego, San Diego Co, California.
Shirley R Champeau
F, b. July 20, 1935, d. September 9, 2017
- Birth: Shirley R Champeau was born on July 20, 1935.
- Marriage: She and Douglas B George were married in September 1954.
- Death: Shirley R Champeau died on September 9, 2017, at age 82.
- Note: George, Shirley R.
Shirley George, age 82, passed away on Saturday, September 9, 2017. She was born on July 20, 1935 to the late Gordon and Dorothy (Hahnemann) Champeau. In September of 1954, Shirley married Douglas George. They were married 56 years until his passing in 2011. Together they had three children, five grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren. Throughout her working career, Shirley worked various jobs in the hospital industry throughout the valley. In her free time, she enjoyed spending time with her family. She enjoyed sewing, the Christmas season, and cooking and baking for her grand and great-grandchildren. She was also a woman of faith, volunteering in the nursery at church and listening to First Congregational church services on the radio until they went off air. At retirement, Shirley and Douglas built on their land in Shawano and spent weeks at a time living there.
She will be dearly missed by her sons: Eric (Sandy) George, Jeff George, and Chuck George; grandchildren: Fawn (Gwen), Aaron, Kaycee (fiancé Justin), Mickayla, and Cameron; and great grandchildren: Aaliyah, Noah, Nora, and soon-to-arrive great grandson. She is further survived by her sister, Georgiana (Terry) Erskine; sister-in-law, Barb Champeau; and many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Douglas; and her brother, Edward "Ed" Champeau.
A memorial service will be held in Shirley's honor at 6 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2017 at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 N. Superior St. Appleton. There will be a time of visitation from 4 p.m. until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
The family would like to give appreciations to Sandy for always taking Shirley to her appointments and being there through thick and thin.
They would also like to give a special thank you to the staff at Aspire Assisted Living for their help and support for their mother as well as the staff at Fox Valley Hematology & Oncology.
In lieu of flowers, there will be a memorial fund established in Shirley's name.
Douglas B George
M, b. December 12, 1930, d. January 31, 2011
- Birth: Douglas B George was born on December 12, 1930 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Shirley R Champeau were married in September 1954.
- Death: Douglas B George died on January 31, 2011, at age 80.
F, b. January 29, 1901, d. May 16, 1973
- Birth: Laura Rohloff was born on January 29, 1901.
- Marriage: She and Bernard John George were married in December 1924.
- Death: Laura Rohloff died on May 16, 1973, at age 72.
Edward J Champeau
M, b. August 16, 1931, d. January 7, 2007
- Birth: Edward J Champeau was born on August 16, 1931 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Barbara J Staedt were married on March 12, 1955 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Edward J Champeau died on January 7, 2007, at age 75.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Barbara J Staedt
F, b. June 22, 1933, d. January 6, 2018
- Birth: Barbara J Staedt was born on June 22, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Edward J Champeau were married on March 12, 1955 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Barbara J Staedt died on January 6, 2018, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Barbara J. Champeau, age 84, of Appleton, passed away due to an unexpected and sudden illness on Saturday, January 6, 2018 surrounded by her family. She was born on June 22, 1933 to the late Henry and Irma (Palm) Staedt in Appleton. Barbara graduated from Appleton High School. Shortly after graduation she worked as a dental assistant for several years. Once her children started school Barbara kept herself extremely busy working as a house wife and being known as the local Avon lady.
Barbara was united in marriage to Edward “Ed” J. Champeau on March 12, 1955 at Zion Lutheran Church in Appleton. Together they were blessed with their two children, Chris and Carrie. Barbara and Ed celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in 2005 before his passing on January 7, 2007.
Barbara had a beautiful singing voice and a passion for singing; she especially took pleasure in taking voice lessons. She was an active participant in the choir at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Bible studies and she regularly visited Oakridge Gardens to assist in services for their churches shut-ins. She enjoyed puzzles, gardening, birdwatching and in earlier years golfing with family. She always looked forward to coffee and lunch with her friends. Above all Barbara cherished the time she spent with her family; especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren who were the joy of her life.
Barbara is survived by her loving children, Chris (Nancy) Champeau and Carrie (Bob) Ellison; her grandchildren, Nathan (Crystal), Sarah (Brody), Christa, Amanda (Joey) and Josh (Tiffany); her great-grandchildren, Naomi, Leland, Abigail, Natalie, Emily, Elianna, Jaxson, Aria, Addison and a baby girl on the way. Barbara is further survived by her siblings, Cheryl (Jerome), Patty (Steve), Paula, Terry (Janice); her sisters-in-law, Diana and Georgiana (Walter); God son, Ryan and grandpup, Elliott. She is further survived by many other family members and dear friends too numerous to list but never forgotten.
In addition to her parents Barbara was preceded in death by her husband, Ed; her in-laws, Gordon (Dorothy); her father’s second wife, Caroline; her brother, Thomas and sister-in-law, Shirley.
The Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. at PRINCE OF PEACE LUTHERAN CHURCH, 2330 East Calumet Street in Appleton. Visitation will be held Wednesday at church starting at 9:30 a.m. until the time of the service at 11:00 a.m. with Pastor Roger McQuistion officiating. Barbara will be laid to rest with her husband at Highland Memorial Park Cemetery in Appleton. In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Barbara’s name. Online condolences can be shared at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Henry F Bartsch
M, b. August 17, 1891, d. January 30, 1954
Family: Elsie Radtke (b. January 13, 1896, d. July 27, 1985)
- Birth: Henry F Bartsch was born on August 17, 1891 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 30, 1954, at age 62.
- Burial: He was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
F, b. January 13, 1896, d. July 27, 1985
- Birth: Elsie Radtke was born on January 13, 1896 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on July 27, 1985, at age 89, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Riverside Cemetery, Appleton, Wisconsin.
Edna S Bartsch
F, b. September 1893, d. 1930
- Birth: Edna S Bartsch was born in September 1893.
- Marriage: She and Walter F Peters were married on August 21, 1924 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: Edna S Bartsch died in 1930, at age ~37.
- Burial: She was buried in Union Cemetery, Kaukauna, Wisconsin.
F, b. 1899
- Birth: Marie Bartsch was born in 1899.
F, b. 1919, d. 1953
- Birth: Marion Nickles was born in 1919 in Detroit, Wayne Co, Michigan.
- Death: She died in 1953, at age ~34.