Millard F Ide
M, b. July 1851, d. May 26, 1933
- Birth: Millard F Ide was born in July 1851 in New York.
- Death: He died on May 26, 1933, at age 81, in San Diego, San Diego Co, California.
- Burial: He was buried in Janesville, Rock Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mr. Ide ran a barbershop in Janesville before he moved west, first to Oregon, then California.
Lucy A Ehle
F, b. November 1854, d. May 8, 1932
- Birth: Lucy A Ehle was born in November 1854 in Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 8, 1932, at age 77, in San Diego, San Diego Co, California.
- Burial: She was buried in Janesville, Rock Co, Wisconsin.
John B Ehle
M, b. March 5, 1816, d. April 1, 1898
- Birth: John B Ehle was born on March 5, 1816 in Cazenovia, Madison Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Margaret Lucantelly were married on July 10, 1839 in New York.
- Death: John B Ehle died on April 1, 1898, at age 82, in Janesville, Rock Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: John B. Ehle, one of Janesville's best known pioneer business men, passed from earth at 9:45 o'clock last night at his home, 127 Glen street, aged 82 years.
Mr. Ehle came to Janesville from Casenovia, N.Y. in 1850 and had made this city his home ever since. He was engaged in various kinds of trade and being a shrewd and far seeing business man, amassed a considerable fortune. For many years he conducted an eating house on South Main street, occupying a building on the site now occupied by Daniel Ryan's livery barn. Later he opened a jewelry store on North Main street. Afterward he engaged in the grocery business, succeeding James Mansur, in a small store on the site of Frank F. Pierson's gun shop. As his trade grew he enlarged the building until the present two story block was the result. He continued in the grocery business until about 1875, when he sold the business to his son, John B. Ehle and Arthur Whittier. They removed the stock to the store now occupied by the Troy steam laundry and Mr. Ehle engaged in the gun and sporting goods business at the Pierson stand. For eight or ten years he managed the business and in 1883 retired. Frank D. Pierson has since run the gun shop. having bought both the stock and the building of Mr. Ehle.
Mr. Ehle was a man of strong personality, and became widely known throughout southern Wisconsin/ He enjoyed a joke keenly, and was always ready for an exchange of pleasantries. He took a prominent part in the business affairs of the early days. and his stories of the pioneer who saw Janesville grow from a "crossroad jumping off place" were very interesting. He never tired of telling these stories,and was always of a knot of listeners when he grew reminiscent. He loved to carry an unlighted cigar in his mouth, and always had a few words of pleasant banter for the many persons who, not knowing he did not smoke, would innocently offer him a match...
Besides the aged widow he leaves two children - John D. Ehle, and Mrs. Millard P. Ide...
--Janesville Daily Gazette, April 2, 1898.
F, b. December 3, 1820, d. April 27, 1901
Family: John B Ehle (b. March 5, 1816, d. April 1, 1898)
- Birth: Margaret Lucantelly was born on December 3, 1820 in New York.
- Marriage: She and John B Ehle were married on July 10, 1839 in New York.
- Death: Margaret Lucantelly died on April 27, 1901, at age 80, in Rock County, Wisconsin.
- Note: The Daily Gazette, Janesville, WI, 29 Apr 1901:
"Another of the beautiful lives whose kindly influence sweetens life for all those who come in contact with them has passed from earth and many hearts have been saddened by the death of Mrs. Margaret Ehle. The final summons came to Mrs. Ehle on Saturday night at 10:45 o'clock when she crossed the borderland into the country from whose bourne no traveler returns.
Margaret Lucantelly was born on December 3, 1820 and had thus finished the 80th year of her life before she passed to her reward for faithful, loving service to others. On the 10th of July, 1839 she was married to John B. Ehle at Shohara [sic], N.Y. Twelve years later Mr. and Mrs. Ehle came to this city and took a prominent part in the life of the thriving little village. Nine children were born to them but only two grew to maturity. These two still survive, being Lucy, wife of Millard F. Ide, and John D. Ehle.
Mrs. Ehle was one of the quiet, home loving women and all her care and devotion were given to her home and family. She was highly esteemed by all who knew her and her bereaved son and daughter will have the sympathy of many friends.
Funeral services will be held from the home, 127 Glen street, tomorrow afternoon at two o'clock, Rev. J. A. M. Richey, rector of the Trinity church, officiating. The remains will like in state from 11 to 12 o'clock and those who desire to view them are requested to call during that hour."
Friederich Wilhelm Lukentelli
M, b. February 14, 1790, d. February 25, 1830
- Birth: Friederich Wilhelm Lukentelli was born on February 14, 1790 in Columbia County, New York.
- Marriage: He and Maria Becker were married on February 13, 1814 in Seward, Schoharie Co, New York.
- Death: Friederich Wilhelm Lukentelli died on February 25, 1830, at age 40, in Seward, Schoharie Co, New York.
F, b. circa 1790
- Birth: Maria Becker was born circa 1790 in Mohawk, Herkimer Co, New York.
- Marriage: She and Friederich Wilhelm Lukentelli were married on February 13, 1814 in Seward, Schoharie Co, New York.
Johann Henrich Becker
M, b. circa 1756, d. 1833
- Birth: Johann Henrich Becker was born circa 1756 in Dutchess Co, New York.
- Marriage: He and Margaretha Schults were married.
- Death: Johann Henrich Becker died in 1833 in Onondaga County, New York.
F, b. circa 1759
- Birth: Margaretha Schults was born circa 1759 in New York.
- Marriage: She and Johann Henrich Becker were married.
Johann Ludwig Becker
M, b. 1728, d. 1768
- Birth: Johann Ludwig Becker was born in 1728 in Hochstenbach, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Anna Sophia Muller were married.
- Death: Johann Ludwig Becker died in 1768, at age ~40, in New York.
Anna Sophia Muller
F, b. February 1734
- Birth: Anna Sophia Muller was born in February 1734 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and Johann Ludwig Becker were married.
Johann Henrich Becker
M, b. May 28, 1693, d. 1751
- Birth: Johann Henrich Becker was born on May 28, 1693 in Kirchheimbolanden, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Marriage: He and Maria Eva Stillgebauer were married.
- Death: Johann Henrich Becker died in 1751, at age ~58, in Dover, York Co, Pennsylvania.
Maria Eva Stillgebauer
F, b. 1691, d. April 27, 1768
- Birth: Maria Eva Stillgebauer was born in 1691 in Kirchheimbolanden, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
- Marriage: She and Johann Henrich Becker were married.
- Death: Maria Eva Stillgebauer died on April 27, 1768, at age ~77, in Dover, York Co, Pennsylvania.
M, b. June 28, 1951, d. June 18, 2014
- Birth: Martin Zuleger was born on June 28, 1951 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on April 1, 2005 in Jamaica, West Indies.
- Death: He died on June 18, 2014, at age 62, in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Martin J. Zuleger, age 62, of Appleton, passed away on Wednesday, June 18, 2014, at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Marty was born on June 28, 1951, in Appleton, to LaVerne Schinke Zuleger and the late Gaylord "Bud" Zuleger. He married Shari Kernen on April 1, 2005, in Jamaica.
Marty was a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, brother and uncle. He was truly an outdoorsman—he enjoyed hunting, fishing and all of nature. Marty was a gifted photographer, and avid Packers and Brewers fan, and was a member of the Crivitz Bowhunters Club and the Wisconsin Bowhunters Association. He was well known for his unique sense of humor. However, he most enjoyed the time spent with his family.
Survivors include his wife of nine years, Shari; his mother LaVerne Zuleger, Appleton; his son, Matthew (Devon) Zuleger, Madison; his daughter, Mary (John) Daft, Appleton; his son, Mason (Sheila) Zuleger, Menasha; his grandchildren, Bryce, Megan, Zoey, Josiah, James and Abby; his brother, Dan Zuleger; and his nephews, Trevor and Daniel.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Scott.
Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, June 23, 2014, at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME, 537 North Superior Street, Appleton. Friends may call directly at the funeral home on Monday from 10:00 a.m. until the time of services. Online condolences may be offered at www.wichmannfargo.com
Marty will be greatly missed by his family and his many friends.
John F Peters
M, b. March 1849, d. October 1931
- Birth: John F Peters was born in March 1849 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Fredricka Wilhelmine Drack were married on May 31, 1883.
- Death: John F Peters died in October 1931, at age 82.
Fredricka Wilhelmine Drack
F, b. February 17, 1858, d. October 15, 1931
- Birth: Fredricka Wilhelmine Drack was born on February 17, 1858 in Germany.
- Marriage: She and John F Peters were married on May 31, 1883.
- Death: Fredricka Wilhelmine Drack died on October 15, 1931, at age 73.
- Note: Appleton Post Crescent 19 October 1931
Cicero- Mrs. John Peters, nee Drake, 74, died at 11:30 Thursday evening in the home of her son, George in Town of Lessor, About eight years ago, Mrs. Peters suffered a stroke, and had been in ill health several months before her death. She was born in Pommern, Germany February 7 (17) 1857 and came to America with her parents at the age 14 years. They settled in Kiel before moving to Seymour. She was married to John Peters May 31 1883 and lived on a farm in Shawano County, township of Lessor until the time of her death. She is survived by her husband, five sons, George and Edward at home, Henry, Town of Lessor, August, Appleton, John Jr. of Williston ND, four daughters Mrs. George McLean, Milwaukee, Mrs. Mary Zulager, Mrs. Elizabeth Fischer, Cicero, and Minnie at home. 16 grandchildren, one great grandchild and one brother, Fred Drake of Chicago. Funeral services were held at 1:30 Monday at the home and two pm at the Evangelical Lutheran church, Cicero, with Rev. F. Proehl in charge, bearers were Norman Carl and Raymond Zulager, Alvin Peters and Sylvester Dietrich.
James W Wierzba
M, b. July 30, 1949, d. August 26, 2017
- Birth: James W Wierzba was born on July 30, 1949 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 26, 2017, at age 68.
- Note: James W. Wierzba, age 68, of Appleton, passed away on August 26, 2017. He was born July 30, 1949 in Milwaukee, son of the late Joe and Ceil (Borlik) Wierzba. Jim was a proud veteran, having served in the U.S. Army. He enjoyed Ham Radio and spending time "up north". He was a friend of Bill W.
Jim is survived by his sister, Kathy (Tom) Wallace; niece Kristy (Jason) Kolpack; nephew Tom (Kristin) Wallace; and other relatives and friends.
A memorial service will be held for Jim at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 2, 2017 at WICHMANN FUNERAL HOME-TRI COUNTY CHAPEL, 1592 S. Oneida St. Menasha, 54952. There will be a time of visitation from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Online condolences may be expressed at www.wichmannfargo.com.
Special thanks to Aunt Marilyn and dear friends Mory and Brad, for their unwavering kindness to Jim over the years.
With deep gratitude to FVHO staff and Dr. Phillips, Affinity Hospice, and the Brewster Village staff for their compassionate care.
F, b. circa 1810
- Birth: Anna Unknown was born circa 1810.
- Marriage: She and Andrew Zuleger were married.
F, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Frances Unknown was born circa 1815.
- Marriage: She and Carl Haberin were married.
M, b. circa 1845
- Birth: Friedericus Mundt was born circa 1845.
- Marriage: He and Augusta Unknown were married.
F, b. circa 1845
- Birth: Augusta Unknown was born circa 1845.
- Marriage: She and Friedericus Mundt were married.
John Henry Laskowski
M, b. November 13, 1931, d. July 10, 2015
- Birth: John Henry Laskowski was born on November 13, 1931.
- Death: He died on July 10, 2015, at age 83.
August Herman Drier
M, b. March 2, 1901, d. March 20, 1963
- Birth: August Herman Drier was born on March 2, 1901 in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Esther Deitrich were married on October 20, 1926.
- Death: August Herman Drier died on March 20, 1963, at age 62.
F, b. February 16, 1907, d. December 17, 1965
- Birth: Esther Deitrich was born on February 16, 1907 in Town of Cicero, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and August Herman Drier were married on October 20, 1926.
- Death: Esther Deitrich died on December 17, 1965, at age 58.