M, b. circa 1815
- Birth: Hendrikus Hoefnagel was born circa 1815 in Horssen, Gelderland, Netherlands.
- Marriage: He and Catharina Toonen were married on October 3, 1842 in Oploo, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
F, b. circa 1824
- Birth: Maria VandenOever was born circa 1824 in Beek en Donk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
- Marriage: She and Arnoldus Toonen were married on April 26, 1853 in Oploo, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Germaine E Quella
F, b. May 19, 1933, d. August 18, 2017
Family: John F Marek (b. June 1, 1916, d. September 24, 1996)
- Birth: Germaine E Quella was born on May 19, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on August 18, 2017, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
- Note: Germaine E. Marek, (nee Quella), entered into Eternal Life on August 18, 2017. She was born on May 19, 1933 in Appleton, the daughter of the late Henry and Clair Liebhauser Quella. Germaine was a long-time member of St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish in Menasha. She was retired from her work as a Medical Imaging Technician.
She is survived by her son John (Kathleen) Marek of New Berlin, grandsons; John and James Marek of Milwaukee. Sister-in-law Marjorie Garrigan Marek, several nieces, nephews, and cousins along with dear friends Barbara Quella and Tina Riehl.
She is preceded in death by her beloved husband of 25 years John, twin brother Jerome and her sister Rosemarie Reardon.
Germaine's family would like to extend a special thank you to Prairie Home Assisted Living and Theda Care Hospice nurses and staff for all the care Germaine received in her last days.
Funeral Mass will be held on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at ST. MARY CATHOLIC CHURCH 528 Second St. Menasha. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until time of Mass at 11:00 with Fr. Paul Paider officiating.
John F Marek
M, b. June 1, 1916, d. September 24, 1996
- Birth: John F Marek was born on June 1, 1916.
- Death: He died on September 24, 1996, at age 80.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Jerome Andrew (Brother) Quella
M, b. May 19, 1933, d. August 11, 2004
- Birth: Jerome Andrew (Brother) Quella was born on May 19, 1933 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 11, 2004, at age 71, in Notre Dame, St Joseph Co, Indiana.
- Occupation: He was a C.S.C.
- Note: South Bend Tribune 8/13/2004
Brother Jerome Andrew Quella CSC, 71, died in Dujarie House on Wednesday, Aug. 11, after a long illness. Brother Jerome was born on May 19, 1933, in Appleton, Wis., the son of Henry and Clara Quella. He is survived by two sisters, Rosemary Reardon of Milwaukee, Wis., and Germaine Marek of Menasha, Wis.
Brother Jerome attended St. Joseph Elementary School in Appleton. In 1947 he entered Sacred Heart Juniorate in Watertown, Wis., the aspirancy program for the Brothers of Holy Cross, where he completed his secondary education in 1951. From there he advanced to the novitiate of the brothers in Rolling Prairie, Ind., receiving the habit on Feb. 1, 1951. A year later he made his first vows as a brother, and in August 1955 pronounced his perpetual profession of vows.
Brother Jerome spent his entire religious life on the campus of the University of Notre Dame. After his first profession of vows he was assigned to the staff of Columba Hall, the brothers' residence on the university campus. In 1953 he was assigned to the pressroom of the Ave Maria Press. He moved to the Notre Dame Post Office in 1956 where he served as a postal clerk. Beginning in 1961, he was a canvasser for the Dujarie Press for two years. He returned to the university post office in 1963 and remained in the position of postal clerk until poor health required him to retire at Columba Hall. Because of deteriorating health, Brother Jerome became a permanent resident at Dujarie House in 1990 where he lived until his death.
Visitation will begin at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, in St. Joseph Chapel, Holy Cross Village at Notre Dame, 54515 State Road 933. A Mass of Christian Burial will follow at 1:30 p.m., with interment immediately afterward at St. Joseph Cemetery on the village grounds.
Raelia Rose Pennenberg
F, b. 1999, d. August 17, 2017
- Birth: Raelia Rose Pennenberg was born in 1999.
- Death: She died on August 17, 2017, at age ~18.
- Note: Raelia Rose Pennenberg, age 18, was taken too soon following a tragic accident on, August 17, 2017.
Raelia was an outstanding honors student, she was a member of many different clubs and organizations, her willingness to succeed was untouchable. Raelia was accepted into St. Norbert's to begin her journey in life this fall. Raelia was a loving and caring person, who touched the lives of many, and had an extreme love for her faith. She had unconditional love for her bothers; Noah and Isaiah, and her mom and dad.
Raelia will be missed not only by family and friends, but also all of the lives she has touched.
Raelia is survived by her father Mike Pennenberg, brothers Noah and Isaiah Pennenberg; her grandparents Lynn and Joe Kussow. And many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
Raelia will be at peace with her loving mother, carried on the wings of angels through the gates of heaven.
A visitation will be held at St. Clare Parish-St. Paul Site, 437 Main Street, Wrightstown, on Wednesday, August 23, 2017 from 2:00pm-7:00pm. The service will be held at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, 437 Turner Street, Wrightstown on Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 11:00am with Pastor Mike Gehl officiating. There will be no visitation prior to the service on Thursday and please note the change in location. Cotter Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences, stories and photos may be shared at www.cotterfuneralhome.com
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund will be established.
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent from Aug. 20 to Aug. 23, 2017.
Joanna Maria VandenHeuvel
F, b. July 2, 1730
- Birth: Joanna Maria VandenHeuvel was born on July 2, 1730 in Mill, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.