Sophia Carolina Retele
F, b. April 27, 1858, d. August 25, 1909
Family: Franz Junk (b. January 25, 1854, d. February 6, 1895)
- Andrew Junk (b. October 13, 1878, d. July 27, 1950)
- Angeline Junk (b. March 14, 1880, d. October 16, 1930)
- William Aguilious Junk (b. September 1, 1881, d. October 6, 1955)
- Frank Joseph Junk (b. October 25, 1882, d. October 6, 1955)
- Henry Thomas Junk (b. December 29, 1884, d. May 26, 1942)
- Rosa Christina Junk (b. January 13, 1887)
- Katherina Dorothea Junk (b. February 6, 1888)
- Anna Rosalia Junk (b. September 6, 1889)
- Maria Madgalena Junk (b. October 6, 1890)
- Helena Frances Junk (b. March 9, 1892, d. November 8, 1985)
- Peter John Junk (b. February 10, 1894, d. September 1949)
- Birth: Sophia Carolina Retele was born on April 27, 1858 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Franz Junk were married on January 8, 1878 in Cleveland, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Sophia Carolina Retele died on August 25, 1909, at age 51, in Cleveland, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: From Der Nord Westen, 02 Sept. 1909:
Death in Cleveland on Wednesday last week of 50-year old Sophia Carolina Junk. She is survived by 5 sons and 5 daughters, as well as her parents and several sisters. The funeral was held Friday at the St. Wendel Catholic cemetery.
Maria Madgalena Junk
F, b. October 6, 1890
- Birth: Maria Madgalena Junk was born on October 6, 1890 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
Henry Thomas Junk
M, b. December 29, 1884, d. May 26, 1942
- Birth: Henry Thomas Junk was born on December 29, 1884 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Maria Wanda Knuth were married.
- Death: Henry Thomas Junk died on May 26, 1942, at age 57.
F, b. March 14, 1880, d. October 16, 1930
- Birth: Angeline Junk was born on March 14, 1880 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Patrick O'Grady were married on June 5, 1900 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: Angeline Junk and Frank X Herr were married in 1917.
- Death: Angeline Junk died on October 16, 1930, at age 50, in Meeme, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. April 4, 1867, d. August 25, 1912
- Birth: Patrick O'Grady was born on April 4, 1867 in Illinois.
- Marriage: He and Angeline Junk were married on June 5, 1900 in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.
- Death: Patrick O'Grady died on August 25, 1912, at age 45, in Meeme, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
Machile Caroline Wolf
F, b. May 3, 1882, d. January 12, 1888
- Father: Peter Wolf (b. February 10, 1842, d. April 6, 1928)
- Mother: Emilie Maertz (b. April 7, 1853, d. April 23, 1888)
- Birth: Machile Caroline Wolf was born on May 3, 1882 in Town of Woodville, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on January 12, 1888, at age 5, in Town of Woodville, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
Adam Joseph Schwaro
M, b. circa 1820
- Birth: Adam Joseph Schwaro was born circa 1820 in Germany.
M, b. March 25, 1845, d. April 8, 1913
- Birth: Andrew Wolf was born on March 25, 1845 in Germany.
- Marriage: He and Caroline Friederike Dorothea Sternhagen were married.
- Death: Andrew Wolf died on April 8, 1913, at age 68, in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Andrew Wolf Chilton Times April 26,1913
On Friday April 18th, Andrew Wolf died at the hospital in Manitowoc at the age of 68 years and 25 days. The deceased was born in Germany, Mar. 22, 1845. He came to America in 1853 with his parents who located in Waukesha County, this state, where he resided until 1867 when with other members of the family he moved into the town of Woodville, this county. In 1868 he was married to Miss Caroline Sternhagen and together they began the struggle that was before all ambitious young people at that time. They continued to farm in Woodville until 1883 when they purchased a farm owned by the heirs of the late Patrick McCaslin three and a half miles west of this city. They were meeting with good success and Mr. Wolf was recognized among his neighbors and the people of the town of Chilton as a leading citizen, being elected to the position of supervisor of the town, and proving to be an efficient member of the board. In 1890 however, his health became affected, the result of sunstroke and it was necessary to take him to the hospital for treatment. He recovered sufficiently to be brought home on two different occasions but later his trouble returned and he was sent back for treatment. He was a man of excellent character and was respected by all who knew him. The remains were brought to this city Saturday and taken to the home on Jefferson Street where they lay in state until Monday when they were escorted to the Presbyterian church, where Rev. Louis F. Hardin conducted the funeral services, with interment in the Breed cemetery.
He is survived by his widow, three sons, George of Hilbert, W. and Bernard of Chilton, and two daughters, Misses Theresa and Luella. He is also survived by three brothers, Peter and John of Brillion and George of Marathon, all of whom attended the funeral.
M, b. circa 1842
- Birth: George Wolf was born circa 1842.
- Note: William
F, b. May 3, 1917
- Birth: Marie Nickel was born on May 3, 1917 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Roy Albert Wolf were married.
M, b. August 31, 1882, d. April 1, 1966
- Birth: William Zahringer was born on August 31, 1882.
- Death: He died on April 1, 1966, at age 83, in Hilbert, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
F, b. 1884, d. January 28, 1948
- Birth: Clara Daniels was born in 1884.
- Death: She died on January 28, 1948, at age ~64.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
F, b. November 15, 1888, d. April 23, 1950
- Birth: Ethel Fellion was born on November 15, 1888 in Michigan.
- Marriage: She and Philip Zahringer were married.
- Death: Ethel Fellion died on April 23, 1950, at age 61, in Laona, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: OBITUARY - LAONA, WISCONSIN, APRIL 1950 Funeral services were conducted by Father S. A. Stern Wednesday, April 26, for Mrs. Ethel Zahringer, 61, who died suddenly from a heart attack at her home April 23.
Palbearers were Earl and Rolland Fellion, Ralph and William Gruman, Francis Alderton and Chester Irish. Burial was in the Laona Cemetery.
Relatives from away who attended the services were Nick, William, Art and Leo Zahringer of Hilbert, Wisconsin, Fred Fellion of Pebelo, Colorado, Henry Fellion of Stephenson, Michigan, and Carl and Rolland Fellion of Racine. Deceased was born November 15, 1888, at Stephenson, Michigan, the daughter of Louis and Pauline Fellion. She came to Laona many years ago.
Surviving are her father, Louis Fellion fo Stephenson, Michigan, seven daughters, Mrs. Earl Charlton, Miss Evelyn Zahringer and Mrs. Al Senner of Milwaukee, Mrs. Francis Alderton and Mrs. Erich Kuester of Laona, Miss Marion Zahringer of Green Bay and Mrs. Milton Kramer of Kewaskum; three sons John, Philip, and Matthew, 27 grandchildren.
Her husband Philip and son Edmund preceeded her in death.
Mary Kate Schroven
F, b. May 17, 1865, d. November 29, 1923
- Birth: Mary Kate Schroven was born on May 17, 1865 in Houghton, Houghton Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: She and John Herman Zahringer were married.
- Death: Mary Kate Schroven died on November 29, 1923, at age 58, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
F, b. August 27, 1886, d. January 29, 1928
- Birth: Estella Fagan was born on August 27, 1886 in Michigan.
- Marriage: She and John Herman Zahringer were married.
- Death: Estella Fagan died on January 29, 1928, at age 41, in Shawano County, Wisconsin.
M, b. July 13, 1873, d. November 27, 1943
- Birth: Joseph Zahringer was born on July 13, 1873.
- Marriage: He and Mamie C Jansen were married.
- Death: Joseph Zahringer died on November 27, 1943, at age 70.
Mamie C Jansen
F, b. November 4, 1880, d. January 19, 1949
- Birth: Mamie C Jansen was born on November 4, 1880.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Zahringer were married.
- Death: Mamie C Jansen died on January 19, 1949, at age 68, in Minnesota.
M, b. August 8, 1877, d. October 1, 1930
- Birth: Matthew Zahringer was born on August 8, 1877 in St John, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Effie M Starks were married.
- Death: Matthew Zahringer died on October 1, 1930, at age 53, in Laona, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
Effie M Starks
F, b. July 23, 1873, d. December 19, 1941
- Birth: Effie M Starks was born on July 23, 1873 in Fremont, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Matthew Zahringer were married.
- Death: Effie M Starks died on December 19, 1941, at age 68, in Laona, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
Nicholas J Zahringer
M, b. October 16, 1887, d. January 4, 1966
- Birth: Nicholas J Zahringer was born on October 16, 1887 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 4, 1966, at age 78, in Menasha, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: TOWN OFFICER, AREA RESIDENT EXPIRES AT 78
NICHOLAS J ZAHRINGER, STOCKBRIDE; FORMER BOARD SUPERVISOR
Nicholas J. Zahringer, 78, of the Town of Stockbridge, Calumet County, died at 3:30 a.m. today following a two-month illness. Born Oct. 16, 1887, in the Town of Stockbridge, he was the son of Wendelin and Mary Zahringer. He married Amelia Puetz Nov. 3, 1908, at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Stockbridge.
Mr. Zahringer had resided and farmed in the Town of Harrrison since 1911 and was the Town of Harrison supervisor for 33 years. A member of Sacred Heart
Church, Sherwood, he was associated with the Holy Name Society of the church and a charter member of the Catholic Order of Foresters at St. Mary's
Survivors include his widow; five sons, Leo, Walter, Roman, Clarence, and Irvin, all of Sherwood, four daughters, Miss Ann Zahringer, Sherwood, Mrs.
Alfred Hemouer, West Bend, Mrs. Art Camp[bell, Hilbert, and Mrs. Art Hemouer, Stockbridge; 33 grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and a brother, William, Stockbridge.
Friends may call after 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Schinderle's Funeral Home, Stockbridge. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Sacred Heart Church. Burial will be in the Church Cemetery.
Fond du Lac Commonwealth Reporter, Tuesday, Jan. 4, 1966 page 24.
F, b. June 13, 1885, d. August 24, 1984
- Birth: Amelia Puetz was born on June 13, 1885.
- Death: She died on August 24, 1984, at age 99.
- Burial: She was buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery, Sherwood, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. 1908, d. 1958
- Birth: Mathew Zahringer was born in 1908.
- Death: He died in 1958, at age ~50.
- Burial: He was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Stockbridge, Wisconsin.
Sylvester H Zahringer
M, b. February 2, 1924, d. January 3, 2013
- Birth: Sylvester H Zahringer was born on February 2, 1924 in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on June 12, 1952.
- Death: He died on January 3, 2013, at age 88, in Stockbridge, Calumet Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Sylvester H. "Wimp" Zahringer, age 88, of Stockbridge, died on Thursday, January 03, 2013, at his home in the Town of Stockbridge. He was born February 7, 1924 in the Town of Stockbridge, son of the late William & Clara (Daniels) Zahringer.
Sylvester honorably served his country at the end of WWII in the United States Army. Following his discharge, he returned to the Stockbridge area where he married the love of his life, Doris Hemauer, on June 12, 1952.
Until his retirement in the late 1990's, he farmed in the Stockbridge area and worked a time for J&E Construction. Wimp was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge, the Stockbridge American Legion, and was a longtime member of the Brickyard Fishing Club.
He enjoyed hunting & fishing, and looked forward to a good game of Poker or Sheepshead when he and Doris held card club. Sylvester also treasured the trips he was able to take to the Grandview 'Hilton', his cabin located up north with all of the amenities he could ask for.
Wimp was the king of one-liners and often had something comical to say while visiting with friend or stranger; chances are if you had ever had a conversation with him, you left with a new nickname.
Survivors include his wife: Doris; his children: Jane (Charlie) Propson, Laura (Bill) Baldock, Barb (David) Woelfel, Bill (Donna) Zahringer, Gary (Debbie) Zahringer, Tom (Amy) Zahringer, Julie (Dean) Schroeder; 21 grandchildren: Dan, Tina (Ken), Nathan (Shantel), Tara (Nick), Becka, Spring, Nick (Anna), Shane (Shari) Eric (Amanda), Wes, Melissa, Zachary, Andy (Jennie), Tracy (Bryan), Brad, Jeff, Angela, Kati, Kristi (Matt), Jill (Mike), Mitchell; 21 great grandchildren; sisters-in-law: Dorothy Zahringer, Rosemary (Robert) Parsons, Betty Hemauer, Dorothy Hemauer; and a brother-in-law: John (Jean) Hemauer. Wimp is further survived by nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and 3 brothers and 2 sisters: Matt Zahringer, Hugo Zahringer, Martha Schoen, Emma Zahringer, and Art Zahringer. He was further preceded in death by numerous in-laws.
Funeral service will be at 11:00 am on Monday, January 7, 2013 at St. Mary Catholic Church in Stockbridge with the Rev. Michael Betley officiating. Burial will follow in the Parish Cemetery.
F, b. 1896, d. 1992
- Birth: Esther Wolf was born in 1896.
- Marriage: She and Hugo Lautenschlager were married.
- Death: Esther Wolf died in 1992, at age ~96.