Connie A Zegers
F, b. October 31, 1943, d. November 24, 2014
- Birth: Connie A Zegers was born on October 31, 1943 in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: She and Darrell A Sabatka were married on August 13, 1966.
- Death: Connie A Zegers died on November 24, 2014, at age 71, in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
Darrell A Sabatka
M, b. January 21, 1940, d. October 24, 2008
- Birth: Darrell A Sabatka was born on January 21, 1940 in Wahoo, Sanders Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: He and Connie A Zegers were married on August 13, 1966.
- Death: Darrell A Sabatka died on October 24, 2008, at age 68, in Weston, Saunders Co, Nebraska.
- Note: Darrel was born to Anton and Lillian (Pospisil) Sabatka. He went to grade school through eighth grade at School District #99 and later graduated from Valparaiso High School in 1957. He enlisted in the US National Guard and was called up during the Cuban missile crisis and served active duty from October of 1961 to November of 1962. On Aug. 13, 1966, Darrell was united in marriage to Connie Zegers at Presentation Catholic Church at Marietta, Nebraska. They lived on their farm south of Weston where Darrell raised cattle and farmed until illness caused him to retire this year. He was a parishioner at St. John Nepomucene Church, a member of Catholic Workman and a former member of the Saunders County Livestock Feeders Association.
Preceded in death by his parents Anton and Lillian Sabatka
Survived by his wife Connie, daughter Susan Schmidt, son, daughter in law Kevin and Amy Sabatka, all of Lincoln, NE, grandchildren, Skylar, Elizabeth, Justin, Jennifer and Megan, sisters Elaine Montgomery, Los Angeles, CA, Carol Johnson, Studio City, CA, brother, sister in law, Ron and Rose Sabatka, Weston, many nieces and nephews.
F, b. 1909, d. 1959
- Birth: Frances Teslna was born in 1909.
- Marriage: She and Francis Theodore VanderHeiden were married on February 15, 1933.
- Death: Frances Teslna died in 1959, at age ~50.
F, b. October 25, 1911, d. September 1997
- Birth: Marjorie Kovar was born on October 25, 1911 in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: She and Francis Theodore VanderHeiden were married on March 31, 1964 in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
- Death: Marjorie Kovar died in September 1997, at age 85, in Iowa.
- Note: Marjorie Vanderheiden was born
October 25, 1911 in David City, Ne., to
Joseph and Tresa (Farrell) Kovar. On
March 31, 1964 she was married to Francis
Vanderheiden at Omaha.
Marjorie received her education in
David City. She lived in Omaha until
moving to Storm Lake in 1964. She lived
there until moving to Columbus in 1991.
She was a retired licensed practical nurse.
She was a current member of St. Isidore
Catholic Church in Columbus, and also
belonged to Catholic Daughters of America
where she was past president in Storm
Lake and Varina.
She was preceded in death by her
husband, Francis Vanderheiden, her father
Joseph Kovar, her mother Tresa Kovar,
and three brothers, Ken, Tom and
William L VanderHeiden
M, b. April 24, 1899, d. March 21, 1976
- Birth: William L VanderHeiden was born on April 24, 1899.
- Marriage: He and Anna C Velder were married.
- Death: William L VanderHeiden died on March 21, 1976, at age 76, in Humphrey, Platte Co, Nebraska.
Anna C Velder
F, b. January 8, 1900, d. March 2, 1979
- Birth: Anna C Velder was born on January 8, 1900.
- Marriage: She and William L VanderHeiden were married.
- Death: Anna C Velder died on March 2, 1979, at age 79, in Humphrey, Platte Co, Nebraska.
M, b. March 7, 1926, d. March 13, 1945
- Birth: Raymond VanderHeiden was born on March 7, 1926 in Humphrey, Platte Co, Nebraska.
- Death: He died in KIA WWII.
- Death: He died on March 13, 1945, at age 19, in Oberzerf, Saarburg, Rheinland, Prussia.
- Burial: He was buried in Luxembourg.
- Note: PRIVATE RAYMOND W. VANDERHEIDENPrivate Raymond W. Vanderheiden was born in Humphrey, Nebraska, on March 7, 1926, and was killed in battle March 13, 1945, at Oberzerf, Germany, near St. Wendel.
He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Vanderheiden of Humphrey, Nebraska, and the grandson of Mrs. Emma Vanderheiden of Elgin, Nebraska. He had three sisters, Misses Rita and Alma Vanderheiden of Humphrey, Nebraska, and Mrs. J. V. Burton of Rockford, Illinois.
Ray Vanderheiden attended St. Francis School in Humphrey, Nebraska, and was graduated from St. Francis High School in 1944.
He enlisted in the United States Army on August 20, 1944, and received his training at Camp Fannin, Texas.
Lambert H VanderHeiden
M, b. October 4, 1920, d. March 15, 1998
- Birth: Lambert H VanderHeiden was born on October 4, 1920.
- Marriage: He and Florence Catherine Pelster were married on June 6, 1944.
- Death: Lambert H VanderHeiden died on March 15, 1998, at age 77, in Elgin, Antelope Co, Nebraska.
Florence Catherine Pelster
F, b. January 24, 1923, d. August 17, 2008
- Birth: Florence Catherine Pelster was born on January 24, 1923 in Nebraska.
- Marriage: She and Lambert H VanderHeiden were married on June 6, 1944.
- Death: Florence Catherine Pelster died on August 17, 2008, at age 85, in Elgin, Antelope Co, Nebraska.
- Note: Daughter of Joseph & Anna (Uphoff) Pelster.
Married to Lambert H. Vanderheiden on 6-6-1944.
Preceded in death by her loving husband of 53 years, Lambert and her parents, Joseph and Anna Pelster; her grandson Raymond Vanderheiden; her brothers Cyril and Joseph Pelster and her sister Marie Moser. She is survived by her children, Ann and David Munson of Silver Spring, MD; Joe and June Vanderheiden of Jacksonville, FL; Florentine (Tini) VanOehlertz and Keith Oehlertz of Lincoln and Marie Vanderheiden and Jim Corman of Arvada, CO; grandchildren Kristel and Joelle Vanderheiden, Will and Elizabeth Oehlertz and Andrew and Anna Corman; and sisters Margaret Schrage, Sally Meis, and Anne Borer and numerous nieces and nephews.
Bernice E Vanderheiden
F, b. 1916, d. November 24, 1999
- Birth: Bernice E Vanderheiden was born in 1916.
- Marriage: She and Charles Henry Jones were married.
- Death: Bernice E Vanderheiden died on November 24, 1999, at age ~83.
Charles Henry Jones
M, b. 1914, d. 1980
- Birth: Charles Henry Jones was born in 1914.
- Marriage: He and Bernice E Vanderheiden were married.
- Death: Charles Henry Jones died in 1980, at age ~66, in Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, Colorado.
Dorothy Joccelia VanderHeiden
F, b. March 19, 1912, d. March 9, 1999
- Birth: Dorothy Joccelia VanderHeiden was born on March 19, 1912 in Humphrey, Platte Co, Nebraska.
- Death: She died on March 9, 1999, at age 86, in Texas.
Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden
F, b. March 9, 1914, d. May 14, 2000
- Birth: Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden was born on March 9, 1914 in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: She and Sylvester Henry Ripp were married on November 19, 1938 in Hollywood, Los Angeles Co, California.
- Marriage: Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden and Bertram Lawrence Trelstad were married on July 25, 1973 in Salem, Oregon.
- Death: Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden died on May 14, 2000, at age 86, in Oregon.
- Note: Adelaide Ripp Trelstad-Hauswirth, 86, of Salem died Sunday.
Born in David City, Neb., she moved from Los Angeles to Salem in 1947.
She was a nurse until retiring in 1975.
She was a member of The Holy Names Auxiliary, Oregon Symphony, Salem Hospital Auxiliary, Registered Nurses Association and Catholic Daughters.
She married Sylvester Ripp in 1938; he died in 1966.
She married Dr. Bertram Trelstad in 1973; he died in 1983. She married George Hauswirth in 1992; he died in 1996.
Survivors include her daughters, Marilynn Diehl of Keizer, Vivian Ripp of Eugene, and Theresa Schindler of Salem; stepsons, John Trelstad of Salem, Robert Trelstad of Princeton, N.J., Donald Trelstad of Portland, George Hauswirth of Silverton and Dennis Hauswirth of Encinitas, Calif.; sister, Marita Curnyn of Fort Worth, Texas; brothers, Lawrence VanderHeiden of Aurora, Neb., and James VanderHeiden of Hayward, Calif.; five grandchildren; thirteen stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and six stepgreat-grandchildren.
Visiting will be 2-8 p.m. Wednesday at Virgil T. Golden Funeral Service. A vigil will be held at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the mortuary. Mass will be 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, where she was a member. Interment will be at Belcrest Memorial Park.
Contributions: Strings of Compassion, SHMC Foundation, P.O. Box 10905, Eugene, OR 97440-9904.
Sylvester Henry Ripp
M, b. December 11, 1911, d. December 4, 1966
- Birth: Sylvester Henry Ripp was born on December 11, 1911 in Nebraska.
- Marriage: He and Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden were married on November 19, 1938 in Hollywood, Los Angeles Co, California.
- Death: Sylvester Henry Ripp died on December 4, 1966, at age 54, in Oregon.
Bertram Lawrence Trelstad
M, b. August 4, 1904, d. May 18, 1892
- Birth: Bertram Lawrence Trelstad was born on August 4, 1904 in Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Adelaide Louette Vanderheiden were married on July 25, 1973 in Salem, Oregon.
- Death: Bertram Lawrence Trelstad died on May 18, 1892, at age ~0, in Salem, Oregon.
Lawrence Alvin Vanderheiden
M, b. July 16, 1918, d. November 8, 2000
- Birth: Lawrence Alvin Vanderheiden was born on July 16, 1918 in South Dakota.
- Marriage: He and Veronica Elizabeth Starzec were married.
- Death: Lawrence Alvin Vanderheiden died on November 8, 2000, at age 82, in Aurora, Hamliton Co. Nebraska.
Veronica Elizabeth Starzec
F, b. November 27, 1920, d. September 11, 1999
- Birth: Veronica Elizabeth Starzec was born on November 27, 1920 in Cedar Rapids, Linn Co, Iowa.
- Marriage: She and Lawrence Alvin Vanderheiden were married.
- Death: Veronica Elizabeth Starzec died on September 11, 1999, at age 78, in Aurora, Hamliton Co. Nebraska.
M, b. July 16, 1918, d. September 18, 1922
- Birth: Lambert Vanderheiden was born on July 16, 1918 in South Dakota.
- Death: He died on September 18, 1922, at age 4, in Elgin, Antelope Co, Nebraska.
- Note: Lambert choked on a watermelon seed or it got caught in his intestines according to a family traditional story.
James Ronald VanderHeiden
M, b. December 20, 1920, d. March 18, 2005
- Birth: James Ronald VanderHeiden was born on December 20, 1920 in Elgin, Antelope Co, Nebraska.
- Death: He died on March 18, 2005, at age 84.
- Burial: He was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
Sandra Ann Hughes
F, b. June 6, 1933, d. October 4, 2002
- Birth: Sandra Ann Hughes was born on June 6, 1933 in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
- Death: She died on October 4, 2002, at age 69.
- Burial: She was buried in Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia.
Marita Ann Vanderheiden
F, b. October 20, 1927, d. May 6, 2011
- Birth: Marita Ann Vanderheiden was born on October 20, 1927 in Cedar Rapids, Boone Co, Nebraska.
- Marriage: She and William Thomas Curnyn were married on October 2, 1948 in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
- Death: Marita Ann Vanderheiden died on May 6, 2011, at age 83, in LaCrosse, LaCrosse Co, Wisconsin.
William Thomas Curnyn
M, b. June 14, 1924, d. October 31, 2004
- Birth: William Thomas Curnyn was born on June 14, 1924 in Nebraska.
- Marriage: He and Marita Ann Vanderheiden were married on October 2, 1948 in Omaha, Douglas Co, Nebraska.
- Death: William Thomas Curnyn died on October 31, 2004, at age 80, in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co, Texas.
Elizabeth M Vanderheiden
F, b. May 23, 1912, d. March 29, 2004
- Birth: Elizabeth M Vanderheiden was born on May 23, 1912.
- Marriage: She and Carl W Kautz were married.
- Marriage: Elizabeth M Vanderheiden and Glenn Raymond Foster were married.
- Death: Elizabeth M Vanderheiden died on March 29, 2004, at age 91, in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.
Carl W Kautz
M, b. October 9, 1908, d. May 6, 1996
- Birth: Carl W Kautz was born on October 9, 1908.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth M Vanderheiden were married.
- Death: Carl W Kautz died on May 6, 1996, at age 87, in Nebraska.
Glenn Raymond Foster
M, b. February 7, 1906, d. April 19, 1950
- Birth: Glenn Raymond Foster was born on February 7, 1906.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth M Vanderheiden were married.
- Death: Glenn Raymond Foster died on April 19, 1950, at age 44, in David City, Butler Co, Nebraska.