Marjorie J Wagner
F, b. July 6, 1925, d. March 30, 2015
- Birth: Marjorie J Wagner was born on July 6, 1925.
- Marriage: She and Alfred H Loritz were married on July 27, 1946.
- Death: Marjorie J Wagner died on March 30, 2015, at age 89.
- Burial: She was buried in Shrine of Good Shepherd, Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Note: Marjorie J. "Marge" (Wagner) Loritz, 89, Green Bay, passed away Monday, March 30, 2015. She was born June 6, 1925, to Edward and Sylvia (Larscheid) Wagner. On July 27, 1946, she married Alfred H. Loritz. Marge loved being a wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She took great pride in being a homemaker and will be fondly remembered for her delicious holiday meals, always served up on her best china, capped off with her delectable bakery. She especially liked a good game of cards, camping with family and cherished friends, and spending time up north at the cottage. Marge was an avid Packer fan who never missed watching the games.
In addition to Alfred, her husband of 68 years, she is survived by her three sons and two daughters-in-law, Michael and Carol Loritz, Charles and Deborah Loritz, Timothy Loritz; four grandchildren, Karen (fiancé, Kurt Seebacher) Loritz, David (Elizabeth) Loritz, Rebecca (fiancé, Jeffrey Keyser) Loritz, Carla Loritz; her great-grandchildren, Peyton and Abby Seebacher, Andrew and Gwen Loritz; two sisters-in-law and a brother-in-law, Jackie Wagner, Bernice and Joseph Mertens; nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother and sister-in-law, Howard and Marcy Wagner; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Leonard and Rose Loritz, Marian and John Pierquet, Raymond and Lorraine Loritz; and a granddog, Shadow.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 2040 Hillside Lane. The Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church with Rev. Mark Vander Steeg officiating. Entombment will be in Shrine of the Good Shepherd Mausoleum. Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the family. To send on-line condolences, visit www.prokowall.com.
The Loritz family extends a special thank you to Gary Bentley, and Marge's niece, Sue Martin, for their care and concern over the years.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from Apr. 1 to Apr. 2, 2015.
Charles H Loritz
M, b. August 27, 1913, d. April 28, 2001
- Birth: Leonard Loritz was born on August 27, 1913.
- Death: He died on April 28, 2001, at age 87.
Marian R Loritz
F, b. November 3, 1917, d. November 5, 2010
- Birth: Marian R Loritz was born on November 3, 1917 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and John Pierquet were married on September 4, 1944 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Marian R Loritz died on November 5, 2010, at age 93, in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Marian R. Pierquet, 93, Green Bay, died Nov. 5, 2010, after a long illness at Grancare Nursing Home. Marian was born on Nov. 3, 1917, in Green Bay. She is the daughter of the late John and Veronica (Heim) Loritz. Marian married John Pierquet at SS. Peter and Paul Catholic Church on Sept. 4, 1944, and he preceded her in death on Dec. 2, 1987.
Marian worked at Kraft's and later at Prange-Way East. Marian was blessed to be able to live with her daughter Caryl and her family for six wonderful years. Marian's favorite pastime was knitting, crocheting and in her later years, doing her scribble books. She loved visiting her family, spending time with her grandchildren and thoroughly enjoyed playing with her great-grandchildren.
Marian is survived by four sons and daughters-in-law, Larry and Kathy Pierquet, Coleman; Gary and Nancy Pierquet, De Pere; Alan and Teresa Pierquet, Green Bay; Randy and Chelly Pierquet, Green Bay; three daughters- and sons-in-law, Caryl and Bob Nejedlo, Green Bay; Linda and Clint Harklerode, Citrus Heights, Calif.; Debbie and Joel Cain, Green Bay; 22 grandchildren, Lauri (Bruce), Mark (Shelly), Paul (Christine), Anna (Ryan), Kaitlin, John (Brenda), Scott (Stephanie), Carrie (Steve), Brian (Donna), Shannon (Paul), Stacey (Jay), Mike (Nikki), Jason, Melissa, Greg (Jessie), Jeff, Tiffany (Ray), Abby (Andy), Cory, Jourdan (Rick), Jeremy, Charles; 34 great grandchildren; one brother, Alfred (Marge) Loritz, Green Bay; one sister, Bernice (Joe) Mertens, Green Bay; one brother-in-law, Ted (Rita) Pierquet.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 43 years, John; two brothers- and sisters-in-law, Leonard (Rose) Loritz and Raymond (Lorraine) Loritz.
Friends may call at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 2040 Hillside Lane, on Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the time of service. Mass of Christian Burial 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church with the Rev. David Pleier officiating. Entombment at the Allouez Chapel Mausoleum. Proko-Wall Funeral Home is assisting the family. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.prokowall.com.
The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff at Grancare Nursing Home for the wonderful care they gave Marian in her final years.
M, b. February 4, 1920, d. August 26, 1998
- Birth: Raymond Loritz was born on February 4, 1920.
- Death: He died on August 26, 1998, at age 78.
Charlotte A Feak
F, b. March 31, 1904, d. November 24, 1997
Family: Joseph Earl VanVonderen (b. September 27, 1896, d. March 23, 1976)
- Vernon VanVonderen
- Sandra VanVonderen
- Carl Bernard VanVonderen (b. March 25, 1922, d. November 25, 2001)
- Athalie Ann VanVonderen (b. April 23, 1923, d. June 28, 2017)
- Elva VanVonderen (b. September 23, 1924, d. November 6, 2012)
- Robert VanVonderen (b. December 17, 1924, d. 2011)
- Birth: Charlotte A Feak was born on March 31, 1904.
- Marriage: She and Joseph Earl VanVonderen were married on September 3, 1921 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Death: Charlotte A Feak died on November 24, 1997, at age 93.
Carl Bernard VanVonderen
M, b. March 25, 1922, d. November 25, 2001
- Birth: Carl Bernard VanVonderen was born on March 25, 1922.
- Death: He died on November 25, 2001, at age 79.
Athalie Ann VanVonderen
F, b. April 23, 1923, d. June 28, 2017
- Birth: Athalie Ann VanVonderen was born on April 23, 1923.
- Marriage: She and Bruce Cap Mueller were married in 1954 in Coleman, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: Athalie Ann VanVonderen and Bruce Cap Mueller were divorced in 1965.
- Death: Athalie Ann VanVonderen died on June 28, 2017, at age 94.
- Note: Athalie Ann (Van Vonderen) Mueller, died in Ellsworth, Wisconsin on June 28th 2017, at the age of 94. Athalie was born in Lena, Wisconsin on April 23rd 1923, and spent her childhood and adolescence in Lena and Coleman, Wisconsin. Her parents were Charlotte (Feak) Van Vonderen (d. 1997) and Joseph Earl Van Vonderen (d. 1976). Athalie had four siblings, all very dear to her: Carl (d. 2001, Elva d. 2012); Robert (Florence d. 2011); Vernon (Nancy); and Sandra Huberty (Carl). Athalie was also particularly close to her dear "Grandma Feak", Henrietta (Wise) Feak (d. 1956) of Lena. Athalie was a graduate of Coleman High School, where she had many friends and where she was a member of the Wisconsin State Champion Colemanettes basketball team.
Athalie began nurse's training in 1941 in Milwaukee at Mt. Sinai Hospital, graduating as a Registered Nurse. During World War II, she served in the Navy Nurse Corps with the rank of ensign, stationed at Great Lakes Naval Air Station in Chicago, receiving an honorable discharge in 1946. As a young woman, she pursued her nursing career, living for a time in Redwood City, California; Miami, Florida; Madison, Wisconsin; and back to Milwaukee, where she entered pre-medical training at Marquette University. She applied and was admitted to Marquette University Medical School, a remarkable achievement in a period of time when few women were admitted.
Athalie married Bruce Cap Mueller (d. 2004) in Coleman in 1954. Athalie and Bruce lived in Brown Deer, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Elk Grove Village, Illinois. They were divorced in 1965. Athalie and Bruce had four children, three of whom survive her: Mark (Joanne), William, and Lisa; and a child who died in infancy: Todd (d. 1958). Athalie is also survived by four grandchildren: Lisa's children Dylan and Maya Merchant; and William's children Eli and Neil Mueller.
Athalie lived with her children for many years in Middleton and Madison, Wisconsin. She worked during much of that time at Mendota State Hospital (now Mendota Mental Health Institute) as a psychiatric nurse and, for most of her career there, as a nursing supervisor. After her children were grown, Athalie moved to Sister Bay, Wisconsin where she lived for several years, and then on to the area of River Falls and Ellsworth, Wisconsin, where she spent her final years living close to her daughter.
Athalie enjoyed traveling and seeing new places. She enjoyed conversation and the company of family and friends, but was also at peace in moments of solitude. She was a mean Scrabble player, and she always played to win. Athalie took care of many, many people over her lifetime, as a nurse, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. She was a strong, independent, intelligent woman, and a keen observer of people. She was filled with love, empathy, and compassion for those who were close to her, and she lives on in our hearts.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, July 21st, at English Lutheran Church in Ellsworth, Wisconsin. The funeral service and burial will be held in Lena, Wisconsin at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 23rd, at the Lena Cemetery. Please contact Bakken-Young Funeral Services in River Falls, Wisconsin for further information.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from July 8 to July 11, 2017.
F, b. September 23, 1924, d. November 6, 2012
- Birth: Elva VanVonderen was born on September 23, 1924.
- Death: She died on November 6, 2012, at age 88.
M, b. December 17, 1924, d. 2011
- Birth: Robert VanVonderen was born on December 17, 1924.
- Death: He died in 2011, at age ~87.
Bruce Cap Mueller
M, b. circa 1923, d. 2004
- Birth: Bruce Cap Mueller was born circa 1923.
- Marriage: He and Athalie Ann VanVonderen were married in 1954 in Coleman, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Divorce: Bruce Cap Mueller and Athalie Ann VanVonderen were divorced in 1965.
- Death: Bruce Cap Mueller died in 2004.