Corey J Brandt
M, b. October 15, 1958, d. October 20, 2015
- Birth: Corey J Brandt was born on October 15, 1958 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on October 20, 2015, at age 57.
Dagny Marencia Bergquist
F, b. February 12, 1903, d. August 23, 2006
- Birth: Dagny Marencia Bergquist was born on February 12, 1903 in Ashland, Ashland Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Lee Lloyd Briggs were married on January 1, 1958 in Waukegan, Lake Co, Illinois.
- Death: Dagny Marencia Bergquist died on August 23, 2006, at age 103, in Ashland, Ashland Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Dagny Marencia Fryklund Briggs, age 103, of Ashland, died Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at Court Manor Health and Rehabilitation Services in Ashland. She was born February 12, 1903 in Ashland, the daughter of Leonard and Maria (Blomberg) Bergquist.
She was a lifelong Ashland area resident and a member of Salem Baptist Church in Ashland. She married Iner Fryklund in Ashland on July 23, 1923. He preceded her in death in 1950. On Jan. 1, 1958 she married Lee Briggs in Waukegan, Ill. He preceded her in death in 1977.
She was an owner and operator of a laundromat in Ashland and a restaurant in the Northwestern Train Depot in Ashland. She also worked at Court Manor as a baker until she was 80 years old. She enjoyed knitting very much, knitting blankets and afghans for many in the area and in other countries.
She is survived by a daughter-in-law, Joyce Fryklund of Hibbing, Minn.; grandsons, Mark (Laurie) Fryklund of Edmond, Okla. and Scott (Jacque) Fryklund of Eden Prairie, Minn.; six great-grandchildren: Aaron, Elizabeth, Justin, Kali, Erik and Amber; three step-children, Dorothy Dunn of Waukesha, Paul Briggs of Appleton and Bob Briggs of New Jersey; step-grandchildren and step-great-grandchildren; two nieces and a nephew; and other relatives and friends.
Besides her husbands, she was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Vernon Fryklund in 2005; a grandson, Jay Fryklund in 2000; two step-children, Russell Briggs and Don Briggs; three sisters and a brother.
The funeral service will be held at Salem Baptist Church in Ashland on Monday, Aug. 28, at 1:30 p.m. Rev. Rodney Larson will officiate. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service at the church. Burial will be in the Mt. Hope Cemetery in Ashland. Roberts Funeral Home in Ashland is assisting the family with arrangements.
Paul Alan Briggs
M, b. March 15, 1928, d. June 25, 2017
- Birth: Paul Alan Briggs was born on March 15, 1928 in Monico, Oneida Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on November 6, 1950 in Crandon, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on June 25, 2017, at age 89, in Bear Creek, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Paul A. Briggs, age 89, of Bear Creek passed away on Sunday, June 25, 2017 at his home surrounded by family.
Paul Alan Briggs was born on March 15, 1928 in Monico, Wisconsin, to Lee and Ruby (Greene) Briggs. After graduating from Rhinelander High School in 1947 he went on to UW Oshkosh for one year. Paul was united in marriage on November 6, 1950 to Nona M. De Mars at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Crandon. He was employed for 30 years with Chicago and North Western Railway. Early in his career he worked for some time as a brakeman. Then he went on to be a switchman at the Appleton Train Yard for most of his career, retiring in 1974. Over the years, the couple lived for some time in Kimberly, Appleton, Wausau, and Crandon. Plus they enjoyed wintering in Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada for many years. The couple loved to travel and saw much of the United States by motorhome or fifth wheel camper. A year ago the couple settled at their son's home in rural Bear Creek.
Paul was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Bear Creek. His interests included; watching golf on television, the Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers, and he liked playing slots or black jack at the casino. He also enjoyed shopping and always saved money by clipping coupons for the grocery store. Paul was a good cook who loved to grill and be outside, especially sitting by the campfire. He will be remembered most as quite a character and for his wonderful sense of humor.
Survivors include his wife of 66 years, Nona; and three children, Sherri (Delbert) Briggs-Bump of Vacaville, CA, Paula (Jim) Mazalic of Apple Valley, CA, and Greg (Charity) Briggs of Bear Creek. There are 9 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren. Paul is further survived by many other relatives and friends. He is preceded in death by his parents, one sister Dorothy Dunn, and three brothers Robert, Russell, and Don Briggs.
A Private Graveside Service for close family was held at Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, and Deacon Lincoln Wood officiated.
Gregory Paul Briggs
Stephen T Jacob
M, b. February 2, 1891, d. July 7, 1973
- Birth: Joseph McGlin was born on February 2, 1891.
- Death: He died on July 7, 1973, at age 82.
- Burial: He was buried in Graceland Cemetery, Clintonville, Wisconsin.
Rose Anna Werth
F, b. February 6, 1892, d. April 18, 1943
- Birth: Rose Anna Werth was born on February 6, 1892.
- Death: She died on April 18, 1943, at age 51, in Royalton, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Graceland Cemetery, Clintonville, Wisconsin.
Florian L Schmidt
F, b. 1918, d. yes
- Birth: George Schmidt was born in 1918.
- Death: She died yes.