Eugene G Lorenz
M, b. March 24, 1924, d. October 16, 2011
- Birth: Eugene G Lorenz was born on March 24, 1924 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He and Mildred D Balgie were married on June 6, 1945.
- Death: Eugene G Lorenz died on October 16, 2011, at age 87.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Mildred D Balgie
F, b. February 8, 1922, d. May 19, 2017
- Birth: Mildred D Balgie was born on February 8, 1922 in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She and Eugene G Lorenz were married on June 6, 1945.
- Death: Mildred D Balgie died on May 19, 2017, at age 95, in Kaukauna, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Burial: She was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Mildred D. Lorenz
Age 95, died peacefully on Friday, May 19, 2017 at St. Paul Villa, Kaukauna. She was born on February 8, 1922 in Kaukauna, daughter of the late William and Laura(Schulz) Balgie. Millie married Eugene "Gene" Lorenz on June 6, 1945. The couple enjoyed 66 years of marriage prior to his death. The couple farmed in the Black Creek area until moving to Kaukauna in 1955. Millie began her teaching career in a one room schoolhouse in Freedom and went on to teach at Janssen Elementary in Combined Locks until her retirement in 1987.
Millie is survived by her children Jim (Sherrie) Lorenz, Athelstane; Patti (Dan) Dopkins, Kaukauna; 7 grandchildren: Jeff Lorenz (fiancé Ronda Miller), Scott (Irina) Lorenz, Jenny (Craig) VanDerWegen, Steve (Maggie) Lorenz, David Dopkins, Sarah (Craig) Wiedenhaupt and Heather Dopkins (special friend Jason). 9 great grandchildren: Lindsay and Allison VanDerWegen, Artem and Julia Lorenz, Cecelia, Penelope and Caroline Lorenz, Lily and Emma Wiedenhaupt.
She is further survived by her husband's family: Kenny Lorenz and Gerrie Werner both of Black Creek and nieces and nephews.
Millie was preceded in death by Gene on October 16, 2011, 2 brothers and sisters-in-law: Robert (Harriett) and Ken (Joan), and a sister and brother-in-law: Lorraine (Steve) Andrews.
Services will be held at 3:00 pm on Tuesday May 23, 2017 at Schmidt Chapel at the St. Paul Elder Services, 316 E, 14th St., Kaukauna with Fr. Jerry Pastors officiating. Entombment will be in Highland Memorial Park. Friends may call directly at the St. Paul Home from 1:00 pm until the time of service.
The family would like to express sincere thanks to all the caregivers at the St. Paul Villa that over the past 5 ½ years helped care for Millie. Boettcher Family Funeral Home is assisting the family. 920-766-2099. www.boettcherfamilyfuneral.com
Published in Appleton Post-Crescent on May 21, 2017.
John David DeByl
M, b. June 26, 1950, d. May 8, 2017
- Birth: John David DeByl was born on June 26, 1950 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on May 8, 2017, at age 66.
- Note: John David DeByl, 66, of Green Bay, passed away peacefully on May 8, 2017. He was born in Green Bay on June 26, 1950 to the late Leo and Evelyn (Coopman) DeByl, and spent most of his life living in Green Bay. John was employed for many years by ShopKo and worked in the first ShopKo store in Green Bay. Most recently, he worked at Home Depot and enjoyed retail sales. John was a 1968 graduate of Green Bay West High School and attended NWTC over the years. He was a true Packers fan and loved collecting memorabilia. Until recently, he always had his faithful dog "Jack" with him until he passed last year.
Survived by 3 brothers, Gary (Jan), DePere, Tom & Rick, Phoenix, AZ. Further survived by multiple cousins, and Kitty Thomas, Mother of Jesse & Tim, and Shari Hight, Mother of Jonathan.
In addition to his parents, Leo and Evelyn, John was preceded in death by various aunts and uncles.
Family and friends may visit at Cotter Funeral Home, 860 N. Webster Ave, De Pere, on Thursday, June 1 from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. A service will be held near the end of the visitation. Online condolences may be expressed at www.cotterfuneralhome.com.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 21 to May 31, 2017.
Carol Jean Ruedinger
F, b. October 28, 1932, d. May 15, 2017
- Birth: Carol Jean Ruedinger was born on October 28, 1932 in Oshkosh, Winnebago Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 15, 2017, at age 84.
- Burial: She was buried in Allouez Catholic Cemetery, Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Gilsdorf, Carol
On Monday, May 15, 2017 wonderful mother, grandmother, and friend Carol Jean Gilsdorf, the "Notorious CJG" passed away peacefully in her De Pere home surrounded by family and dear friends. She was born on October 28, 1932 to the late Edmund and Arloa Ruedinger in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Carol was raised in Fond du Lac, and attended St. Agnes School of Nursing. After some years of work in Fond du Lac she moved to Green Bay, working in OB and Pediatrics, as well as teaching pediatric nursing at Bellin Hospital. She then accepted the Head Nursing Supervisor position at Brown County Mental Health Center. During her time at Brown County, she also earned her Master's Degree in Health Care Administration. After retirement, she remained active working on the AMS nursing phone line part time for another ten years.
Outside of work, Carol volunteered at Paul's Pantry, the Literacy Council, and the Weidner Center among others. She also very much enjoyed time spent each week with "The Dippers" at the CP Center. Carol was a voracious reader, took up the craft of stained glass, and traveled widely -- beyond annual beach vacations, she visited China, Russia, Alaska, and England.
Carol is survived by her four children and five grandchildren: Catherine and Alan Barthel, and their daughter Andrea Cornett; Sara and Mark Ledvina, and their children Alyssa and Jake Reimer and Tyler Ledvina; Gary and Jonella Gilsdorf, and their children Courtney and Emily Gilsdorf; and Joseph and Susie Gilsdorf. Carol is further survived by her siblings and their spouses: Delores Ruedinger, Don and Marella Ruedinger, Arloa and Bill Steinike, Bill and Bea Ruedinger, Doug and Shirley Ruedinger, and Ramona White, nieces nephews other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her siblings and their spouses: Jim and Donna Ruedinger, Paul Ruedinger, and Gordon and Margaret then Corky Ruedinger, and James White.
Gathering of family and friends will be held from 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. on Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at Resurrection Catholic Church 333 Hilltop Drive, Allouez. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 11:00 A.M. with Bishop Robert Morneau officiating. Entombment at Allouez Chapel Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Carol's honor to Paul's Pantry.
Carol's family would like to extend a very special "thank you" to her sister Ramona White and friend of over 50 years, Marilyn Bennin, for the immeasurable compassion, generosity, and love they showed in her care. Truly, your selfless work made it possible that her wishes were honored. Additional thanks to Unity Hospice and their outstanding team of professional caregivers for their work in ensuring Carol's comfort and dignity. To her many, many friends, know that each visit and every shared story, meal, and laugh were as much a joy to her as they were to you.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 17 to May 21, 2017.
Petrus Joannes Timmers
M, b. circa 1587
- Birth: Petrus Joannes Timmers was born circa 1587.
- Marriage: He and Maria Joannes Elias were married on May 16, 1627 in Heeswijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
Maria Joannes Elias
F, b. circa 1600
- Birth: Maria Joannes Elias was born circa 1600.
- Marriage: She and Petrus Joannes Timmers were married on May 16, 1627 in Heeswijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.
M, b. circa 1560
- Birth: Joannes Timmers was born circa 1560.
M, b. June 4, 1627
- Birth: Jacobus Timmers was born on June 4, 1627 in Heeswijk, Noord Brabant, Netherlands.