Robert R Krause
M, b. August 27, 1922, d. September 1, 1957
- Birth: Robert R Krause was born on August 27, 1922 in Seymour, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on September 1, 1957, at age 35.
- Burial: He was buried in Highland Memorial Park, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Daniel Celest Parins
M, b. September 26, 1947, d. May 17, 2017
- Birth: Daniel Celest Parins was born on September 26, 1947 in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on August 25, 1972.
- Death: He died on May 17, 2017, at age 69, in Howard, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Note: Daniel Celest Parins, 69, Howard, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at his home. The son of Celest "Sonny" and Verna Mae (Smits) Parins was born on September 26, 1947, in Howard, Wisconsin.
Dan graduated from Bay Port High School in 1965 and the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in 1969. Dan married Suzann K. Raether at First Lutheran Church in Green Bay, on August 25, 1972. Dan lived his whole life in Howard and retired eight years ago having worked as a millwork manager at Bay Lakes Manufacturing and Torborgs Lumber. The many people Dan helped have shared that it was his customer service, friendly nature and willingness to go the extra mile that brought them back to him time and time again. In his retirement, Dan enjoyed trips with Suzann to Arizona during the winter months and many activities including golfing and going to lunch with friends, his weekly visits with his mom to drop off the People magazine or chauffeur her to get her hair done or play cards with her siblings, daily trips to the Howard YMCA to attend pool classes and visit with his Y friends, and playing bocce ball.
For many years, Dan was either on a softball field or basketball court with his closest friends. Dan beamed with pride when his team of "old guys" would beat the overconfident young guys who were half their age. Dan knew everyone and if he didn't, he would by the end of a visit. An avid Packer fan, a Packer connection was all it took for him to go from stranger to friend. An avid reader, he took pride that he had read every Western available in the Brown County Library System. His amazing sense of humor and ability to make connections with people will be missed by all who knew him.
The activity he valued most was spending time with his family. Family gatherings were spent at "The Farm," the house on Glenpark, Sturgeon Bay and Mosinee. Whether it be swim meets, soccer, tee ball or softball games, Papa was always in attendance, cheering on family and friends alike.
Survivors include his loving wife of almost 45 years, Suzann; his daughters, Missy (Steve) Bousley and Teri (Jim) Ogiba; grandchildren, Luke and Emma Bousley, and Theo and Joel Ogiba; his mother, Verna Mae Parins; his siblings, Dawn (Jerry) Steffens, Corky Parins, Susie Parins, Patti (Jeff) Katzban, Tina (Jeff) Parins, and Lori Parins; and his in-laws, Robert (Corinne) Raether, Cheryl Schaefer, Lloyd Schaefer, Jr. and Cindy Krzewina. He will also be sadly missed by many aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.
Dan was preceded in death by his father, Sonny Parins; and his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Myrtle and Lloyd Schaefer.
Friends may call at Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church, 2460 Mount Olive Drive, Suamico, from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 19. Friends may also call from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, May 20, at the church. The Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 20 at the church with Rev. Brad Snyder officiating. Blaney Funeral Home Green Bay is assisting the family. To send online condolences, please go to www.blaneyfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Greater Green Bay Westside YMCA.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette from May 18 to May 20, 2017.
Robert Joseph Tiesling
M, b. July 27, 1922, d. January 26, 1988
- Birth: Robert Joseph Tiesling was born on July 27, 1922 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on January 26, 1988, at age 65, in Sturgeon Bay, Door Co, Wisconsin.
Michael Robert Tiesling
M, b. April 25, 1949, d. May 16, 2017
- Birth: Michael Robert Tiesling was born on April 25, 1949 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: He was married on December 30, 1967.
- Divorce: He was divorced on February 21, 1980.
- Death: He died on May 16, 2017, at age 68.
- Note: Michael Robert Tiesling (68) died Tuesday, May 16, 2017 surrounded by his family after a courageous battle with leukemia. Michael was born in Milwaukee, WI on April 25, 1949 to the late Robert Joseph and Bernice (Bee) Tiesling. He attended St. Joseph Catholic School and graduated from East Green Bay HS. He married Lil Petasek on December 30, 1967.
He worked at Green Bay Packaging. He also owned Mike's Coin Shop for several years. He dealt black jack at casinos in Mississippi and Reno. He had an avid love for coins, fishing, camping and his children and grandchildren.
He is survived by his mother, Bernice of Sturgeon Bay; 2 children: his daughter, Michelle Ann (Todd) Paulson of De Pere and his son James Paul (Bobbie Jo Reeves) Tiesling of Kaukauna; 5 grandchildren: Chelsea Frisina, Mikayla Hubers, Mackenzie Hubers, Tristin Tiesling and Nathan Tiesling; one brother Greg (Susan) Tiesling of Green Bay and 3 sisters: Robin (Tom Decleene) Tiesling of St. Charles, MO, Cynde (Tia Thomas) Tiesling of Green Bay and Jill (Scott) Tiesling-Cole of Green Bay; two nephews: Christopher (Molly) Tiesling of Appleton and Shaun (Sarah) Dudenhoeffer of Eagle, CO and 2 nieces: Tracy (Mike) Kubica of Green Bay and Bobbie Wilke of Baltimore; as well as great nieces and nephews: Jacob, Lucas and Elizabeth Kubica and Lyla and Nora Dudenhoeffer. Michael also left behind his current wife, Sharon (Collebrusco) Tiesling of Phoenix, AZ and a special life-long friend, Jane Swanson of Crystal Falls, Michigan.
He was preceded in death by his father, Robert Joseph Tiesling on Jan 26, 1988 and 1 nephew Troy Tiesling
Throughout his battle with leukemia, he spent as much time as possible with his children and grandchildren. Family meant a great deal to him and he continued to be concerned about them even as he fought his own illness. His kindness, fun nature, and smile will be greatly missed.
Friends may join a celebration of remembrance at Cotter Funeral Home, 860 N Webster Ave, De Pere on Monday, May 22, 2017 from 4 pm to 6 pm with service at 6pm.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on May 19, 2017.