Jacob W Becher
M, b. September 11, 1895, d. March 3, 1973
- Birth: Jacob W Becher was born on September 11, 1895.
- Death: He died on March 3, 1973, at age 77.
- Burial: He was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
Michael W McClone
M, b. October 15, 1927, d. September 3, 1950
- Birth: Michael W McClone was born on October 15, 1927.
- Death: He died on September 3, 1950, at age 22, in KIA Korean War.
Amanda Viola McClone
F, b. April 18, 1916
- Birth: Amanda Viola McClone was born on April 18, 1916.
- Marriage: She and Matthias Frank Chuchel were married.
Matthias Frank Chuchel
M, b. July 23, 1912, d. January 20, 1987
- Birth: Matthias Frank Chuchel was born on July 23, 1912.
- Marriage: He and Amanda Viola McClone were married.
- Death: Matthias Frank Chuchel died on January 20, 1987, at age 74, in Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
F, b. February 23, 1919, d. February 26, 1973
Family: John Knaack (b. March 14, 1919, d. April 7, 1999)
- Birth: Ramona McClone was born on February 23, 1919 in Clintonville, Waupaca Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on February 26, 1973, at age 54.
- Burial: She was buried in St Joseph Cemetery, Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
M, b. March 14, 1919, d. April 7, 1999
- Birth: John Knaack was born on March 14, 1919.
- Death: He died on April 7, 1999, at age 80.
Paul Wainwright Thornton
M, b. January 15, 1901, d. February 8, 1954
- Birth: Paul Wainwright Thornton was born on January 15, 1901 in Menominee, Menominee Co, Michigan.
- Marriage: He and Elizabeth Leopoldine Theresa Felsch were married on August 18, 1928 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Paul Wainwright Thornton died on February 8, 1954, at age 53, in Laona, Forest Co, Wisconsin.
Elizabeth Leopoldine Theresa Felsch
F, b. July 2, 1904, d. July 15, 1990
- Birth: Elizabeth Leopoldine Theresa Felsch was born on July 2, 1904 in Iowa.
- Marriage: She and Paul Wainwright Thornton were married on August 18, 1928 in Marinette, Marinette Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: Elizabeth Leopoldine Theresa Felsch died on July 15, 1990, at age 86, in Rhinelander, Oneida Co, Wisconsin.
James David Rudd
M, b. April 6, 1943, d. August 1, 1991
- Birth: James David Rudd was born on April 6, 1943 in Minneapolis, Hennepin Co, Minnesota.
- Marriage: He was married on September 16, 1989 in Waupaca County, Wisconsin.
- Death: He died on August 1, 1991, at age 48, in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Co, Wisconsin.
Mary Ann Brautigan
F, b. July 14, 1909, d. June 28, 1970
- Birth: Mary Ann Brautigan was born on July 14, 1909 in Appleton, Outagamie Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on June 28, 1970, at age 60.
- Burial: She was buried in St Mary Cemetery, Menasha, Wisconsin.
Ronald August LeClair
Darold Francis Aebischer
M, b. 1928, d. May 4, 2017
- Birth: Darold Francis Aebischer was born in 1928.
- Death: He died on May 4, 2017, at age ~89.
- Note: Aebischer, Darold Francis
On Thursday evening, May 4th, 2017, Darold "Big Abe" Aebischer, flagged his final race. After 89 years, he crossed his life's finish line. He worked hard to get there. While working full time for North Central Airlines (the Blue Goose), he worked part time with the Lucky O'Hara Thrill Show AND as flag man at local dirt tracks when racing was just developing into the sport it is now. He was proud of his work and took it seriously. He was most proud of his time with North Central. He talked about how that company was "family" and he treated it that way. He continued working in Las Vegas and then retired there. As it is said, "all work and no play…". Well, Darold and Sylvia took time to play on their new playground, Las Vegas. For thirty one years they challenged each other to see who would NOT become the biggest loser. It was a draw…both won. And then they came home to Green Bay.
While his work life meant a lot to him, his family life was most important. A wife, four daughters, foster children and a sprinkling of animal pets along the way…that was, and still is, his family. The daughters, Diane, Peggy, Kris and Mary Jo are the four corners of the family and Sylvia, his wife for 67 years, is at the center. Together, they lived, played and grew as a family. Now, there's one less. But memories remain. Whether it was a trip on a plane, a trip to the track or a trip to Fairmont's, those visions still live. That was Darold's purpose-to help and support each one as he could, as he saw it was right. In that way he still lives, because what he offered still lives in them. And each will remember in their own way.
Darold was not the first to finish life's travel. His mom and step-dad, Beatrice and Walter Gillis, dad, Roy Aebischer, along with relatives, in-laws, a son-in-law and friends welcomed him as he went home to the Creator who called him to life 89 years ago. Those who remain, his wife Sylvia, daughters Diane Verdegan, Peggy Peters, Kris (Bill) Hartung, Mary Jo (Art) Siefert, sisters Darlene Wery and Eleanor (Jerry) Pamperin, brother Earl (Delores) Gillis, seven grandchildren, seven great grandchildren and two great great grandchildren will know of this loss but still feel his presence. There will not be a formal funeral service. Darold's earthly home was offered up to God in private.
Thank you to those who cared for Darold, especially the staff at Manor Care West. It's not always an easy job but you treated him, especially during his final time, with the care and respect he deserved.
Pfotenhauer Funeral Home & Cremation Service is assisting the family. Online condolences welcome at www.PfotenhauerFuneralHome.com
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on May 14, 2017.
Carol Ann Hooyman
F, b. June 8, 1953, d. May 11, 2017
- Birth: Carol Ann Hooyman was born on June 8, 1953 in DePere, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Marriage: She was married on May 5, 2009 in Green Bay, Brown Co, Wisconsin.
- Death: She died on May 11, 2017, at age 63.
- Note: Carol Ann Smith, 63, Green Bay, died peacefully on May 11, 2017, surrounded by friends and family. Born on June 8, 1953, in De Pere, she is the daughter of the late Edward and Marilyn (Grotelueschen) Hooyman. On May 5, 2009, she married Robert Smith in Green Bay. Carol graduated from Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. During her career she worked for C.A. Lawton, PDQ, Value Tech Engineering, and Fusion Integrated Solutions as a machine designer for the last 13 years prior to her illness. She loved fishing, and enjoyed sewing and listening to music - especially alternative. Carol was renowned for her witty sense of humor, and embraced her inner "brat" from time to time.
Carol is survived by her loving husband, Robert Smith, Green Bay; one son, Kent Maxwell (companion, Dena), Green Bay; two grandchildren, Hailey and Jordan; Tom (Betty) Hooyman, Milwaukee, Joe (Carol) Hooyman, Michael Hooyman, both of Green Bay and Bill Hooyman (companion, Chris), Abrams.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother and one sister.
Graveside service Saturday, May 20th, 11:00 a.m. at Mount Calvary Cemetery in De Pere. Following the graveside service there will be a celebration of her life at VFW-Duck Creek Pub, 754 Riverview Dr. Simply Cremation assisted the family with cremation services, 431-0100.
Please visit www.simplycremationgb.com to express online condolences to the family.
Published in Green Bay Press-Gazette on May 14, 2017.